ill content


This is what my house looked like to me after I saw Oprah the other day. They had the design winners of every day non-design moms who made their home beautiful and were featured in O magazine. Their homes were fantastic. I mean really breathtaking and lovely. Then after it was over I looked around my family room and it may as well have looked like this picture. Why is that? Why can't I be okay with my house right now? Why do I keep thinking "if I could just make my house better, then I can be content"? Therein lies the problem. I really am so thankful for our home. The Lord truly provided it for us and it's better than we deserve. Now, off to rearrange furniture....

4 comments:

The Nester said...

And, this picture is what people's houses really did look like on today's show. Hmm, today my house looks so pretty to me.

Melissa Stover said...

oh my goodness i felt the same way. and i always feel that way after i go into someone's perfectly decorated home.

i came here from a link at your sister's blog. nice to meet you.

Unknown said...

I came to your blog after you left a comment on mine....and it's very nice to meet you. I have the green kitchen (by the way the color is bullfrog, from Lowes) I find several things in common with you...esp. this post about just being content. I find it very easy to look at Pottery Barn, or other such magazines and it is so easy to want, want, want. I always try to remind myself after a couple of months a new catalog will come out and I will want different decorations, again. So I challenge myself to find things that I alreay have and uses lots of candles, or same colors to copy Pottery ideas.

Angela said...

just visiting your blog when i cam across this old posting. have to say, I ALWAYS FEEL THE SAME WAY!!!!!

those shows should be banned, they cause decorators anxiety!!

i'm glad to know i'm not the only one this happens to! keep up your great blogging, you are funny and i will def be back!