I am in mourning. Yesterday I made the cutest tassel of my entire life.
And then within hours, Lynn bought it. I am so sad. I just knew that I shouldn't have listed it. But it looked so cute over there on the side of my blog for those few minutes! Luckily, I have one similar in our bedroom. I know she will give him a good home. Goodbye adorable pug!
In other news, I wanted to show you a few upcoming projects for the next week or so. Spring Break is next week. That means no school! I have a list about 2 pages long of places I need to go and things I want to accomplish. I think that I'm thinking spring break is longer than one week. Can you spot what is wrong with this picture? (There are probably lots of things wrong but one thing is GLARING)
I know you can spot what is wrong with this picture. If not, you shouldn't be spending your time reading blogs or driving for that matter.
Lastly, my sister and I are new authors over at Chic Critique. I cannot tell you how awesome we think we are for being allowed to write over at their adult (not meaning rated R but like grown up and real) blog where they take the time to critique products for women. They even have a liquid eyeliner tutorial! 
Jo-Lynne of Musing of a Housewife and June, who are two bloggers who/whom? I aspire to be like, are the founders of this blog and I think I would have agreed to write about anything even if they needed a writeup of scrambled eggs with ketchup. To be associated with those two ladies and my sister all in one fell swoop--heavenly! Emily and I {emphasis on Emily} did our first critique today of Dove Body Wash.
A Cute Pug, an Eye Exam and Dove Body Wash
Scrawled out by
The Nester
on
3/20/2008
Labels: decorating dork
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
33 comments:
you are in dire need of some window "mistreatments"!!
everything else looks great to me!
Add to your list: Design tassles for my poor friends in the north country who like the "rustic/Up North" look of skis and cabins and fishing and skating.
As a designer with glasses, I would have to say that the curtains in that picture are hovering! Hovering has its place, but not in your house :)!--I'm guessing that Spring Break will bring us some more window mistreatments! I'm guessing you'll slap some sassy fabric and trim on the bottom of those white panels, and probably give us a pretty little shade to go with them too! Am I right?!
Love to see you and Chatty collaberating. I already LOVE Dove Body Wash, but I'm off to see what ya'al thought of it now!
Y'all are RIGHT!!!!
Those window panels are what we call high waters--waders--I don't even know what we call 'em but they are WAY to short and a little boring!
What I really want to do if fly Jennifer down here so I can see what she thinks I should do. I am considering counseling because a real life designer is reading this blog, oh the humiliation.
Sister HB, I am all over looking for fun and different toppers--EVERYTHING is all birds and eggs and nests right now!
Psst....I think you missed a ring on your curtains. ;0)
I love your tassels! The pug is one of my favorites. I would love to see one with a Westie as I have two. Keep em coming. Paula
Ok. I found you through Chic Critique. My bloggie friend Megan is also putting her two cents in on the new site, and I signed up to be a guest critiquer. Is that a word? Anyway, I stayed up until 4 am last night reading your blog, your sister's blog and other blogs that you recommended. I was addicted!! I just have to say that I KNOW that we would be friends in real life. I live in Columbia, SC, I have been through the Dave Ramsey class (my hubs and I definitely need to get that going again), I'm obsessed with ribbon, trim & fabric, I am a gift wrapping snob (I loved wrapping gifts so much when I was little that my Mom would give me empty boxes, tape, scissors, wrapping paper and ribbon to entertain myself for hours.) This followed me as an adult. I ended up being a manufacturer's rep for wrapping paper, stationery, invitations and gifts. I used to work for one of my customers at Christmas called Box & Bow. They offered professional gift wrapping services with many paper options, lots of double-sided tape (never let your tape show on the outside) and handmade bows made from many different kinds of ribbon. I am also a lover of Hobby Lobby- you can find such little hidden treasures there and they have great Christmas wrapping paper. I also love metal barn stars (I got some on clearance this last fall which I am getting ready to paint for $1.50 each. I also found this crazy 3-D star thingy on legs which I turned into a lamp. My husband HATES it because it used to sit on a table in our foyer and would fall over if someone hit it just right. He calls it "the weapon".) Last, but certainly not least, I am a self-proclaimed Barbie lover who played with her Barbies until I was 13 too. I actually still have a collection of those beautiful girls. I pray to have a girl to love them as much as me. My brother had these shelves on the wall above his bed. I would take everything off the shelves to make a "townhouse" for the girls. I used my Mom's scarves and hankies to build walls in the townhouse. I had blow up furniture. I made bedding and pillows from scraps of fabric. So, what do you think after reading this? Do you see what I mean??? I hope to be bloggie friends. Have a good day!!
Thank you Nester for sending me over to Chic Critique. I wanted to read the eyeliner post and lo an behold it featured the eyeliner that I have been using for 15 years that was discontinued last year. Clinique must have brought it back and I didn't know it! Yay! I'm off to the mall to stock up. Reading your blog just keeps getting more and more expensive!
The "My House" song is wonderful. I've clicked over here thrice this morning to hear it!
How do you and your size 2 self dare to post a nasty photo of a window in her chemise? Dress that darling!
Yes!! Yes!! I will marry you. I hope you will decorate for the wedding:) I am only about an hour and fifteen from Charlotte since I live on the Northeast side of town. I want to go to Mary Jo's and the Pottery Barn Outlet, so it would be fun if we could meet for our first date. I forgot to mention that I know the "Bumper Man" in Summerville, SC.
I LOVE the wall color... it just accentuates the high waters a little bit... what color is that if you don't mind me asking? I'm in need of a good brown!
oh goodie...I guessed right. It is the curtains..lol
You said they are too short and they are but they have some other "issues" too..lol...they dont hang right. Sorry to say, Im not a big tassle person but I have to say I LOVE THAT TASSLE.
Oh Nester, your new music choices are making me smile!
Happy Easter! Come-on-a-my-house and I give you a ham-a-sandwich.
Those curtains are definately not up to par with the rest of your lovely house! Can't wait to see what you do with them. Now I'll have to try Dove body wash.
I was wondering how you make such a-dorable tassels and actually sell them. I want an antique shop, but I know I'd just put NFS tags (Not For Sale) on everything and just sit there and smile as I admire my goodies that I will never sell.
Can't wait to see the new projects coming up...because, you know, we all copy them and post our own versions the following day! ;o)
And, yeah, LOVing the new music...as you and your cool crowd would say: it RAWKS! ..."Come on-a my house..."
I love the pug tassel too! If you ever made a dachshund tassel I might have to fight someone for it.
:)
Nester, ok so first I have to say can you move to Va so we can be best friends? Secind, can you look at my blog and give me a suggestion for a shower curtain? Third, I need a pug tassel for my Step-mom. She would LOVE it! Seriously, I do need one, how do I order?
the light is on.......... *lol* ;)
I repurposed something that I have been CLUELESS as to what to do with it - when I figured it out - I IMMEDIATELY thought of you!
Check it out! http://ultrabeautyboutique.com/?p=101 (way at the bottom - last picture).
Other than a broken off leg on the little table...and the shortness of the drapes, it all looks fabulous to me. New trim on the drapes bottoms?? Can't wait to see it all. You are an amazing decorator...I love reading your blog.
hugs, bj
It would be "whom." You want to be like them, so it's whom. If you wanted to be like her, it'd be who.
See?
Anyway, I am in love with your tassles. I would walk down the aisle with one and dance to Wind Beneath My Wings with it. I would take it to Sandals for a romantic honeymoon. I would have half-tassle, half-human babies. We'd have tabies.
Okay. Mind officially gone.
Hi,
Just popped over from who knows where, but find your blog more than charming. You probably think I'm an awful stalker because I've been on your blog so long but I did have to leave and fix dinner for an hour or so.
Your window mistreatments are delicious. You've given me all kinds of ideas to finish off my bedrooms upstairs in our generic house. I can so relate to your longings for your old house but you have done a great job with the house your in now.
Hope you and your lovely family have a great Spring Break.
Hugs,
Sue
Oh, Dear me. The dressings are much to short. And very lacking in the descriptive department, unless your description is BORING! Nester, fly in quick and give it some much needed assistance. Wave that magic wand of yours and make it right in the world.
What's wrong with that picture?? I know! I'm not on the couch sipping coffee while you are thinking up plans to redo my entire house! How do we correct THAT problem? Can Priscilla help?
HOW do you make EVERYTHING look so DARN CUTE? Is it cool that I am jealous of you 24/7? You are so awesome!
Jumping up & down here yelling "me too, me too" lol - hey guys, I'm willingly offering up my employee discount if ya'll would include me too in your bloggy friends get together! I haven't been to Mary Jo's in years! Have ya'll been to Robert Allen's?
Ms Bird's Nest, I'm thru Columbia semi regularly as my friend from high school (I grew up in Lawrence KS) lives in N.Charleston and we take turns visiting, ya'll got two HobLob's in/around Columbia, lucky bird!
jean, our Hobby Lobby friend, I know I had your email someplace--I cannot find it! email me from my profile page please!!!!!
Well, everyone already guessed, but I can't wait to see what you do with it :)
Rue
hahahahaha.... you crack me up!
I don't hate you, but I love it when you write that :)
Oh and short or not I appreciate you coming by!
Rue
You're a nut! We're honored to have you both! :-)
Hi! First time here and found such inspiration! I love barn stars too...passe or not & dig a good bargain. Will be adding you to faves! Come visit sometime. Happy Easter, Cherry
Oh Nester how I missed thee while I was MIA from my blogging world this weekend. Ha! Those curtains look like they are ready for a flood! I can't wait to see whatcha do with em!
Your Puggie tassle is so cute! Make more! For us pug lovers.
Post a Comment