Well, if you haven't already heard the breaking news, June and I met for lunch on Saturday. I have idolized her from the moment I came across her blog. I even wrote a post about her because I am that obsessed. I feel it is my duty to the world to tell you the truth about her--she is exactly like you think she is! I don't know why I am surprised--maybe because I'm pretty sure I'm nothing like you think I am.
She wore a pink coat with a broach and said that she always wears a broach. I wore black. No broach. She has a sassy, stylish haircut. I have long stringy hair. She is witty and personable and funny. I am an introvert who loves being by myself and I have an annoying laugh. She has pets. I have kids. And we had a great time together!
Here is a photo of June. I am hating myself for being so star-struck that I didn't even look at how the pictures that I took turned out. Why didn't I get a photo of us together????? If you don't have a photo it's like it didn't even happen! So, this is what I have. People, it doesn't do her justice at all. She is so put together and thinks she is a horrible eater but I out ate her 2:1 at least.Soon, June will be moving closer to my sister, Emily and they will get to meet one day. And none of us can wait to meet Jo-Lynne! Oh, and we missed you too Sister Honey Bunch!
Lunch with June
Scrawled out by
The Nester
on
3/30/2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
27 comments:
One of my favorite things is a fun lunch with girl friends! Looks like y'all had a blast.
Seriously jealous! I bet she kept you in stitches for HOURS!
I did keep you in stiches, when I cut you with my meat loaf knife.
Why am I flaring my NOSTRILS like that?
That being said, we did have fun, didn't we? I couldn't believe how late is was when I got to my car.
And your hair is BEAUTIFUL and not remotely stringy. Yeesch.
IT was. Not is was. Hate me. Now I am you, saying "hate me."
i am rollin' reading both of your blogs about your lunch date- and how sad is it that i knew that was cheesecake factory just by the pic of the lettuce wraps??? augh!
tina, are you the tina that I know from heather?
IT is so fun meeting fellow bloggers. Who would have known that the internet would connect people in such a way. I found your blog and now am a faithful reader. I love your humor and spunk and definitely your decorating ideas. A friend came over to help me with some curtains. We definitely did it the simple way, although maybe not as simple at some of yours. THought you might want to take a look.
http://fromthenarrows.wordpress.com/2008/03/31/photo-time-3/
Susan
ps-I have three daughters.
Nester...Im sure June is just fabulous, even beyond fabulous....however Im shocked that you downplay yourself calling your hair stringy and saying you are an introvert! You have shown many pictures of yourself and you are not even kinda sorta plain with stringy hair...shame on you! Lunch with girlfriends is the best
yeah girl- its me :) heather's clothes swapping friend!
How cute is SHE?! I'm so glad I get her. I know. I get everything.
How friggin jealous am I???? I love Thai Lettuce Wraps. Oh yeah, and I'm dying to meet June too. Teehee.
I hope to meet all of you when I go to She Speaks in June!!!! Wawwwoooo!
Can I just tell you that I LOVE YOUR BLOG!!!! So fun and inspiring!
Pam from Arkansas! No blog yet but getting close!
pamc001@centurytel.net
So Fun! Thanks for sharing!
What is she holding? Is that a tassle?
~Heather
Ok, I stopped by her blog, and I see that it is, in fact, a tassEL, and I also learn that I can't spell tassEL.
~Heather
I wish I had been at the next table to listen in. Wouldn't that be fun?
I would not have figured you for an introvert, Nester. You're one of the quiet ones, huh? You can't really tell from the world of blog.
Hey! Lurker coming out here! I love your blog! I have been reading it for some time now and am getting ready to mistreat the windows in my master bedroom.
That being said, I read Junes blog and I have to tell you I have been to that Cheescake Factory in that mall in Charlotte and she is right, it is the worlds fanciest mall. I loved it though. I walked around pretending I could afford a Louis Vitton bag (I had a Target one on my shoulder) and a pair of Manolo Blahniks (I had on Yellow Box flip flops).
It looks like you all had so much fun. Wish I coulda been there but Charlotte is a little out of the way for me,lol.
Sounds like a fun lunch date! Wouldn't it be super fun if there was a convention somewhere for bloggers, and we had a giant meet and greet? Maybe I'll host one here in Atlanta one day...
I am so excited~! you inspired me to go to JUNK'n...SO I went Saturday morning...and WALA..found some GReat deals on some things I can JAZZ up for our new home!!! I am so excited! I just ordered that super fluff tassel..cant wait to get it!
thanks
kyley
traci,
ok you are right about the hair. when I fix it, it's not stringy at all--only when I don't wash it.
The introvert thing--100% true. Don't knock it! I love being an introvert! I love people but can only deal with so much people time before I have a great urge to be by myself in my own head! Just me, myself and I.
It looks like you had a great time! I bet it was great to actually meet in person.
I love Katie's idea of having a huge meet and greet with fellow bloggers!
That would be so much fun!
Have a great week~
Thanks for this post I am also cracking up with both your blogs and how the meet-up went, especially how june wanted to Pet your hair so funny
and now my list of blog favorites just got longer.
OMG I just heard a part on the song playing and it goes I love your hair-rofl
come on to my house, my house!
Oh, aren't girlfriends just the best? I enjoyed reading both accounts of the lunch; it sounds like you were both in awe of each other! It's amazing how blogging brings so many people together. Thanks for sharing!
So, who tracked the cheese all over the other ingredients? I bet it was June, huh?
How did I not know who June was? Her blog is great--so much fun. Thanks for clueing me in, Nester! -Julia :-)
I have to thank you for telling me about June. Her blog is fantastically funny. Love it!
rue :)
Post a Comment