Extra Extra Read All About Me

I forgot to try to trick y'all into going over to both Chic Critique {where my sister and I make complete fools of ourselves} and Blissfully Domestic where I lead you to some of my favorite blogs that always inspire me. I just know that you are dying to know every single thing I do, eat, and breathe. Can't you just not get enough of Me, Myself, and I?

But, if you click over there from here, it makes me look so wonderfully popular and then I feel all great about myself which in turn makes me want to blog more and ultimately, results in more creative and inspiring posts for you! See, so really if you go there, you get rewarded.

Shameless.

PS Because this is my blog and I can wreck it all up as I see fit, I am posting a cute photo that I just found of my two youngest boys. Have I ever told you that I had 3 boys in 3.5 years? These two are 12 months and 3 weeks apart. And this is the biggest snow that we got this year.

26 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had no idea your boys were so close in age...they dont have to look for best friends in life, they have them right in their own home everyday...what a gift!!! You truly underestimate the power of your blog..LOL...I truly could ignore life and read it ALL DAY if you updated all day...I have PLENTY else to do but I LOVE your ideas and best yet, I can do most of them!!!!

Erin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ShabbyInTheCity said...

Put 'er there! I had 3 boys in 4 years myself :) And our house is full of pink...poor things. I keep seeing your blog name everywhere and had to come meet you :)

Sister Honey Bunch/Judi maloney said...

First, they are gorgeous. Second, 3 boys in 3 1/2 years??? And you seem so calm and serene. Seriously, are you nipping at the bottle all day or something?

hqm said...

I had three girls in 3.5 years...we are not very good planners!

Anonymous said...

3 boys in 3.5 years? Oh, my. Makes me tired just thinking about it! Hats off to you for surviving those early years! -Julia :-)

Melissa @ The Inspired Room said...

I had to wait 8 years after my second daughter before I could muster up the courage to have my son. And now I am so exhausted by him I wish I would've had him first, back when I was younger.

Thanks for the mention today.

Happy day!

m

PS. I love this song, I come by just to groove a little.

Melissa @ The Inspired Room said...

oh, wait...and for your ideas, of course.

Melissa Stover said...

wow that's like triplets or something.

Linda said...

I know this isn't the right place to post it, but I just wanted to say.... I got my own (5 yard) mistreatments up.... All credit to you, they look amazing.. and they took me about an hour to make and put up.

And the best thing is.... I'm making something with fabric eventhough I can ABSOLUTELY not sew! :P

(I was always envyous of the women that would go into a fabric store and buy fabric to make something..)

Here's the URL to the post:
http://ivoryblossom.blogspot.com/2008/04/window-mistreatments.html

Anonymous said...

feel your pain - we had three girls in less than two years, first born child, then identical twin girls - lots of pink soccer balls at our house!

emily freeman said...

I have to compete too! We had 3 babies in 2.5 years too! Yay! I'm in the running with anonymous! Nester, you totally had twins without the glory, as you always say. I know, I know...I get everything...Twins AND the glory. But I've also got the twin skin to show for it.

The Birds Nest said...

Yes! Yes! I actually DO want to know everything you eat, think and breathe:) Those boys are adorable!!! My Mom had 3 in less than 3 years too- all before she was 21.

Anonymous said...

Oh, my gosh, I've had the flu all week and my brain is totally addled from it. I absolutely cannot remember if I told you that I mentioned you and your blog on mine this week? It's on the post called "Julia Has a Few Things to Say." (If I already mentioned it to you, disregard this note!)

Hope you have a great weekend, Nester! -Julia :-)

Tip Junkie said...

Such handsome boys. Cheers to you for 3 kiddos in that short of time!

You have an award waiting for you over on my blog. Thanks for the inspiration!

Audrey said...

I know you probably get asked a gazzilion questions, so I want to ask question # gazzilion and one.

(my 13 month old loves your songs, she is bobbing her head back and forth, LOL)

OK back on track....I need color advice, desperately! We live in a 1902 Colonial (complete with colomns)but the interior has original "arts and crafts" (go figure, I guess the designer was torn) anyway, its ALOT of DARK wood everywhere. We have tall base boards. Doors complete with elaborate trim as well as transoms along the tops of the doors, a stair case that has that same lovely DARK (Old World Mission Stain)color.

I am torn, I wanted to paint it all white...then I rememberd that I have 7 children (5 of them boys)and I love that the dark color hides the dirt, nicks, etc.

So what is your question you ask? I cant come up with colors that go with such dark trim. I dont want to go with white, but rather some mute colors. What do you suggest? Should I just paint the trim white and attach a Mr clean Eraser sponge to my hip? Or are there colors that would work well?

Sorry this is so long...I looked for an email address on your blog, but couldnt find one.

Thanks, and I love your blog!!

Audrey
mom to five boys 12,10,8,6,4
and two girls 2 & 1.

Wendster said...

My oh my I DO love your blog! How on EARTH did I live without stopping by for the last week or two!?!? Especially when I was designing curtains for my bedroom and my den! I should have looked here first. Adorable!

My idea for windows: GIGANTIC HUNORMOUS FLOWERS! All the way across. Well ... your boys might not like them, but I would! hee.

Good work!

Love your decorating ideas!

Wendy

Darcy @ m3b said...

omgoodness! I finally beat you at something. YES! I feel so victorious.

I had 3 boys in 35 months. ;)

Do I get a prize or something? An honorable mention at least?

ps - your boys are so stinkin' cute. And while I'm sure snow is a novelty in the nice place you live. here it's getting. so. old. ;)

Screaming Meme said...

My two youngest are 11 months apart....I think you were using that hair technique we talked about awhile back...:)It's a sure fire way to have three boys in 3 years!My oldest was 3 before my second came along...but the baby...I was in shock!But now I would have it any other way...They are very close....Your babies are gorgeous!

Brooke said...

I have a question, could you give me some direction? I have this beautiful glass cake stand. I got it from a local freecycler. Love that! It is so pretty I want to have it out on the counter all of the time. However, I want some ideas of what I could put inside it. I think it would give it more character if there were some pretties in it. What would you put in it? Thanks!!!

Anonymous said...

You absolutely crack me up! I love reading your blog. I've been "lurking" for a while after finding a link to your site on The Sparrows Nest. Keep the fun and ideas coming! Someday I'm going to try out some of your window mistreatment ideas.

~Rachel

Megan said...

So I have a little confession to make. I've been reading your blog for oh- a month or so- and have never commented. How rude! I'm the mysterious "Fresno, Ca" visitor. = ) I have THOROUGHLY loved looking at probably every blog you've ever written (psycho? I don't know- you're a great writer and it's been really fun to read and be inspired!). You are a gifted and very motivated woman! You've become a bit of a celebrity in the circle of my Mom, sister and I. My sister ordered a tassel for my Mom's birthday (she beat me to it- I had the same idea!) from you- Emily Payne. Anyway, just wanted to introduce myself and say, your blogs continue to brighten my day and offer hope as I am living in a rental as well. Thanks!

Angela said...

Very handsome boys. Wow, 12 months apart... 3 in 3.5 years! And all boys!! You are the WOMAN. (I did it too with 2 boys and a girl. Now I have 4.) Crazy huh!! You seem to be a great mom. You inspire me!

Maude Lynn said...

Three boys in 3.5 years? I bow to you!

Erin said...

I'm the deleted comment..spelling error haha.

anyway can I join the club of boys close in age? My two are 11 months apart as well....but I only have two not three so you get an award for that!
I love the blog and look forward to all your ideas

Anonymous said...

where have you been? I going thru withdrawal on fav. inspirational blog :(