What else can you do with those raggedy ragamuffin scraps?
Here's what Heather made for her daughters. Check out her great bags.And this is what I made for my little niece, Averie. Wouldn't this be a fun craft and take away at a girls birthday party? If you cannot see them all that great, they are little tiny flip flops with rags tied on!
Inspired.
Scrawled out by
The Nester
on
5/07/2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
37 comments:
I like to do the flip flops and the ribbons to match the girls softball teams. They love them too. :)
Thanks, Nester!
I love the present idea! You are so clever!
These flip flops would be a great giveaway for bridesmaids after the whole mani pedi thing or a great goodie for a little girls spa day themed birthday party and probably cheaper than goodie bags filled with candy and cheap toys that last 5 minutes. I saw flip flops at Old Navy for $5.00 for 2 pair. Can't beat it!!! Paula
So cute! I love both those ideas. And I just happen to have a couple of girls to do things like that for! And one of them is even named Avery! Thanks for the new ideas Nestah!
Oh, and I have my birdie and cage posted today.
Thanks for visiting my blog! I was so excited to see your name! OK, you want photoshop, I want a little girl so I can make cutesy stuff like this!
Okay, so I went to Heather's blog (Heather, are you reading?) I just loved that hair tie, I was thinking it looked very Lilly Pullitzer, and then I get there and see those gorgeous bags (seriously cute!) and that she does in fact dress her adorable girls in Lilly Pullitzer, but what I didn't see was a post on the hair ties. Was it there and I missed it?
Too cute! It looks like time to make things for my friends' kids! :)
Adorable............I used scrap fabric, tulle and ribbon in a similar fashion and tied it to a elastic cirlce and made a little tutu for my baby's first birthday. It turned out adorable and sooooo easy!
That pony tail alone make me fein for a daughter! So cute!
Love the flip flops! I did this with my brownies when I was a girl scout leader. We never camped, but hey, we had great accessories!
Great ideas! I've seen some of them before, but this was great timing for a reminder for some gifts I need. Bookmarking...
im working hard on my garland..i just put a pic of the "SO FAR" garland..it is turning out really pretty! thanks for the great idea...check out mine and tell me what you think...or any thing else I could put in!!
Nester- I finally saw that you left a comment on my blog and I felt so honored in a silly way, I told my husband the nester left me a message and then showed him your page. I think he was a little concerned how excited I was...
I love the ideas here. I need to find some party take aways but we have a mixed group boys and girls. We are doing a photo scavenger hunt for my daughters 9th...any suggestions??? I am thinking picture frames, and I am going to load all the pictures on disks to send with the thank you notes... it should be fun!
This entry made me tear up a little bit! You've summed up how I approach decorating our house - if we can't live in it, it ain't goin' in. One of the reasons we bought our house was because we knew our future kids would be able to chase each other in a circle. And now they do. I have very few things on the walls because if I don't love it, I don't need it. We have boys and toys and noise to make our house colorful.
Thank you for this post! You really touched my heart today.
Nester~
I have a question. I am opening up a day care in my home. I am throwing around a couple of cute names (The Tot Spot or Tiny Treasures) I was wondering how easy it would be to make a door sign. Possibly just a little slab of made or store bought wood and paint it on? What do you think? Any opinion about the name or a name? I love your blog and you are more creative than I am. I loved your last post BTW!!!!
thanks & blessings,
Brooke
Love the flip-flops! I'm going to do those as a project with my niece the next time I babysit!
Kim
Mrs. B, I just linked to her in case anyone wanted to read her blog. I don't think she wrote about it--but that's her girl in the photo!!
Brooke, how cute is the Tot Spot?!
Sign--I cannot paint words very good but I bet it wouldn't be that hard. Or you could order the acrylic stick on signs that you just stick on something, from etsy.
Also, if you click on my birds of a feather on Home Sweet Home inspiration, Karol makes signs like that! I may have to write about that soon--she does a great job!
So adorable! I'm using these ideas next time my youngest wants to have a "craft party" with her friends! So fun - thanks for the great ideas on your blog!
Nester, I just want you to know that you are responsible for the fact that I will now have rags tied around everything in my house! I bought a huge garbage bag full of already cut rags (scraps from a quilter) at a yard sale a couple of years ago, and used them to tie onto my ragamuffin Christmas tree. You know, one of those Christmas trees with spindly branches and pine cones? It was so, so cute. Do you think I can find a picture to share? Of course not!
Love the rags!
So I finally did my very own window mistreatment. I know your way busy, but maybee sometime you could jump over to my blog and check it out and tell me what ya think. I love all your ideas, I'm always excited when there's a new post.
Wow! You are sooooo popular! I'm very flattered that you stopped by my blog and stayed long enough to leave a comment. THANKS!
So cute!
Hey girl, I miss you! Stop by some time. =)
Its funny that you mention tying the rags onto flip flops. I was considering doing that for my mom and possibly my MIL for Mother's Day and making a coordinating purse as well. I must be on to something...
Elise
super cute flip flops...I have done the hair thingy for my girls but have trouble getting the band around several times and manipulating all the fabric to look good...I might just be "special"..lol..and have issues in that dept..lol
Yeah! I won your junk on ebay and now Chloe gets a genuine Nester tassel for her room!!!!!!!!! Can you put yourself in the box too and just come for a visit?
I dont believe it! I have finally met someone with my same taste. I am scouring over your site just drooling. I have a question. What paint color do you think looks nice in a bedroom? We have oak trim(gag!) and our bedroom furniture is a chocolate brown. I cant paint the oak trim because it would take 6 months to paint all the oak trim in my home! By the time I got done, it would need to be touched up due to my 4 children's constant run-ins with it! ya know? So, I am up for any suggestions. Thanks!~amy
love the way your camera takes pictures....what kind is it and where did you get it?
Oh, I didnt think about it when I ask you my paint questions, but you might need a way to respond since I dont have a google blog. :)My address is ecmollymadi@sbcglobal.net.
~amy
I might wear a ribbon in my hair if it looked that cute. And if I had hair long enough for a pony tail, but that boat sailed. :)
Your so talented!
I love the brown and pink together.
Love it! I'm finishing up a project now that I'm using your "rag muffin" stuff on. I'll make sure I send you a picture. You inspire me!
I won your ebay fringe auction!! Yay!! I would prefer to pick it up in person:) Another thing that I love about you is that you have a niece named Averie. That is what I want to name my little girl (same spelling and everything)!!!
Cute flip-flop idea. My cousin had some like it a couple of summers ago, but I think she used strips of fleece.
My daughter even has a similar hair thing, but this gauze netting and sequins, but I think ribbon looks cuter.
Remember me asking you about buying fabric a long time ago? I finally bought it, did the window and posted it. I think this time you'd approve.
love the flip flops! Adorable and brilliant!
You are truly a lifesaver. My daughter arranged her own BD party this weekend and money is so very tight that these are perfect for favors...thank you. But my daughter will be clobbered for doing this!
Post a Comment