Hi, Y'all. This is Emily, The Nester's sister. I'm the small one in the photo next to pig-tailed Nester.
I'm writing on her behalf because her computer has died. She said Tell them my computer is dying but take it from me, that little fella is dead with a capital "D". So it's on it's way to the trash via the computer doctor because they just can't throw it out without knowing for sure.
That said, she has no access to anything and needs to get the word out to Emily in Charlotte who is getting a consultation tomorrow. CALL THE NESTER! Or if you don't have her number, just go to my blog and leave a comment with your email and you can get in touch with her that way.
I was told to tell you all that she hopes she'll be back. If not, it's been real fun. It's been a good ride. In the meantime, check ME out, her pesky little sister. I'm shamelessly linking to myself because I can and no one can stop me. I'm giddy right now, as this is reminiscent of being 14 and sneaking in her closet while she was gone and trying on all her cool clothes and big earrings.
Oh, the power.
Attention!
Scrawled out by
The Nester
on
7/01/2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
37 comments:
hello to both of you. :) i am so the "early bird" on this one...hee hee.
So sorry to hear about your computer! R.I.P. That's terrible! I hope you get fixed up again soon. In the meantime, I think I'll go and back up my files on mine, just in case... -Julia
How sad! Hope she gets it back up and running soon! (and I understand that thrill - but it was from borrowing clothes from college roommates...)
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, she must come back. I have grown ADDICTED to her blog!!!!!
Emily, now you must show your new nest to give us our fix until she is back!
That is a LOT of power to get your hands on!! Use it well! :p
Get well soon, Nester's Computer!!
Was that why I heard taps playing at dawn?
Anway, Actually I linkied both of you to my blog this morning. Check it out.
Was that why I heard taps playing at dawn?
Anway, Actually I linkied both of you to my blog this morning. Check it out.
This may sound stupid but all of our Goodwill's here have a gazillion computers dirt dog cheap. If I had a spare one I'd ship it to you. We'll miss you!!!
OH NO! Nester don't leave us now! I hope you can get this all worked out, I might have a breakdown if I don't get to see that master bedroom soon. I hope things work out OK for you and your blog, I know you love blogging and I'd hate to see that end for you. I'll be praying for your computer.
I am not sure how I could possibly go on without seeing the rest of Nester's house. I hope the little guy makes it.
I am not sure how I could possibly go on without seeing the rest of Nester's house. I hope the little guy makes it.
You guys are hysterical. She's gonna kill me when she reads this post. I promise, she will be back. Just don't know how long...more updates to come.
Oh Emily! Have fun playing in her closet! Maybe you will find her secret diary! Thanks for posting for us, we would have had to send out a search party for her in cyber space that is!
This must be how my sister feels when she hijacks my blog!! :o)
So while she is not in control of her site, is there anything you think we need to know about the her. :o)
Say it isn't so!!
Emily - I have visited your blog through your sister and I need to see more of your nest since you've moved in and I'd like to know what you have named her....the nest. So, I agree with the previous comment - please give us a tour of your house while we wait for nester to be back up and running. I know I love your laundry room already (I now have a lamp on my dryer) and your shelves.
WE KNOW YOU HAVE A CAMERA! :-) Get to it sister!
ahhh, so sad for Nester. Hopefully she'll be back soon.
So sorry Nester, your sis is having a great time though lol I too had a younger sis so I know the drill !!!
Kathy :)
oooo! This is so fun! I'm twirling and spinning trying on lipstick.
Great idea for me to show off my house while the Nester is away. I sort of picture her sitting tied up in a chair with a cloth stuffed in her mouth, trying to scream out in protest "Imposter!"
I promise, she's not.
Emily
Hey,sorry I just saw the LAST post, and I was thinking, they have those raw shelves in Michael's that you can paint any color, that might look good between the fireplace and shutters, since the Nester was worried about no mantel. They're like 15.00 is all. Hope she's back soon.
Really, could there be anything worse than your computer dying??? Nester, come back! Come back! And would you please loan your cool clothes to Emily...c'mon, we little sisters idolize our big sisters.
I'm a big sister--of course, I didn't have the cool clothes, but I still would have had to have been tied to the chair, or locked in a closet..
Is that pounding I hear??? ;-)
Get well soon, computer (mine is beginning to go that route, too :-( ), and come back soon, and save us from Emily's horrible power-mad rampage!
LOL
Oh yes Emily post more pics of your house! I have taken a stroller or two (okay a lot more!) over to your blog!
What is your new house's name?
Hi Emily! Your comments are so silly, I am laughing as I read them! How fun!! Please tell The Nester that we really hope that she will be back. I check her page every day and even this morning my husband looked at her blog with me! It's a family affair! She can't go! :o) I also had a tassel question for her. If I scrape up some pennies, if she could make one "custom" for me. :o) It would be a pumpkin, if that would be available for her. Thanks so much! Also...tell her that I am here blogging because of her encouragement and I am thankful for it!!! ~Tricia Anne
Almost as much fun as writing in your sister's diary, right? Or at least reading it.
Poor computer. Poor Nester. Computers dying is something I DREAD.
Ack! No! Maybe in the meantime, these ladies are right... we need to see some "Emily" house! I want to see that black cabineted kitchen, I *almost* thought about painting mine black, because of you!
Btw, if she's not back soon--and no suitable replacement has been found,lol ;) I'm all for a love offering for a new nester computer. As long as she comes up with a stinkin' tassel tutorial! ;)
Julie
The picture is adorable of the two of you:)
Julieann
If only Hobby Lobby sold computers I'd have one for her STAT, lol
Please tell her to raid the kids' piggie banks (if necessary)! LOL
Set up a Pay Pal Donation button, if that's what it takes ... I know I'd chip in. This blog has transformed my home and saved my husband lots of money. It cannot end!
Have you called the Geek Squad? I thought my computer was dead but for a mere $200 they brought it back to life in less than 24 hours.
I was gonna say the same thing as K.H.- if every reader chipped in even $5-$10, we could probably get either your computer fixed, or a new computer! I say you go for it - let us pay you back for the hundreds of dollars you've saved us on window treatments!
Come back, Nester! Come Back!
rofl about this post, not about the computer. That is just frustrating. Now nester is going to have so much time on her hands, the entire house will be done by the time she gets a new 'puter! Doesn't that woman sleep? How can she get so much done so quickly?
EEK! I'm going to back up right now!
Emily - you are cracking us up. I told your sis this week (when I found out you both were so famous...I never knew) that I was starting a blog, but I wasn't going to post anything until I had some good entries up and going. You are just too fun...I couldn't help it.:)
Jen S.
Emily, is this a trick? Is this how Nester is going to get some extra time off to completely finish her entire house top to bottom, take amazing before & after photos and create posts in advance and then show us her photos while she is sitting there cool as a cucumber sipping lemonade on her front porch with her kids happily playing in the yard, like it was NO BIG DEAL?
Wait, what am I thinking. Nester doesn't need time off from blogging because she has super nesting powers. She can blog and move in all in one swift and easy motion!
I don't know how she does it.
Now, Emily, I haven't met you yet (pleased to meet you, I'll come by for a chat), but as a fellow sister I'd be all over this power, I'm with you: SEIZE THE OPPORTUNITY. Use and mistreat her blog as you will for your own gain.
Take care!
Blessings,
Melissa
Hi Emily...if you look at the local resale and not-quite-antique shops you might get lucky and find a free standing reclaimed mantel...or maybe Google "reclaimed home fixtures" ? in your area. Don't you just love Google, they bring the world right to you! If you're really frugal you could buy and paint or stain a wide-enough board and some nice black wrought iron brackets and make your own! Have fun playing on the Nester's blog! (It's so fun to get into your older sister's stuff!)
Post a Comment