Well, some of you wanted to see the other walls and I don't blame you. It's a tight room so here's the armoire. Remember, from our old living room? Now we have a TV hole over our fireplace so we get to this pretty piece in our room. I love it in here. It's full of toilet paper, linens and all my hair stuff. I sit on that chair and dry my hair. I started doing that 18 months ago when we lived in the condo because it was too hot and small in the bathroom. Same here. I prefer sitting anyway and I keep my hair dryer plugged in and just throw it under the armoire when I'm done.
You can tell we've moved a few times. I'll use my furniture touch up pen on that one.We won this mirror at a benefit auction. No one else was bidding. It was black and BRIGHT gold. Nothing a little 79 cent acrylic paint can't fix. I put it on with my finger. Hate me.
God forbid.
Much better. Can you believe I forgot to put a tassel on there? I hate this wall. It would look so much better if the walls were painted. The off white on off white really has no impact but, I am not painting here. It's my challenge to use color in other ways. I dressed it up with a pile of clean clothes on the plant stand. Next post, mistreating our shower/tub see you tomorrow!
{disclaimer, I am completely aware that these photos are horrid I'm halfway to a new computer!}
I said 'I' 15 times.
More Room
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
41 comments:
Well, I guess living 2 hrs behind you has it's advantages... I get to comment first this time!
When I grow up I want to be like you. When I can figure out how to get the piles of paper and junk out of every room in my house.
Where do you hide all your "junk", anyway? Is this really how your house looks all the time, or have you hidden your junk so we don't see it?
Seriously... half my kitchen counter is right this minute piled with papers, which is right next to my computer desk, also piled with papers. Need some serious de-junking going on here!
Thanks for keeping up with the posts- I think the pics look great. :) And woohoo for 1/2 a new computer! You'll be there by the end of the week!
PS...Did you ever feel the need to ramble when it's past your bedtime? Ok, I'll shut up now.
Okay I saw that you post around mid night so it is 9:00 here 3 hours behind you! Love the rest of the room. So how long do you think you will be in this nest? I have some much loved furinture from moving too! Oh the places some of my stuff has been would be an interesting story!
COngrats on all the tassel sales! You are getting there!
Woooo hoooo two post in one day from the nester!!!! You crack me up showing up close the scratches in your furniture..lol
Lovin your whole room. I also sit to blow my hair dry and do the whole make up thingy. I have a vanity that I hide everything in but I really love the idea of the armoire in the room. I may steal that idea. Right now my vanity is in my diningroom and although its very pretty I dont always get my stuff put away in a timely fashion which is reject in your diningroom.
I love sitting to blowdry my hair too, but haven't done it in awhile...I'm too lazy to cart my blowdryer across the room...so instead I stand at my bathroom counter and read a book or a magazine while I blowdry.
~ Sarah
Your already cute cabinet does look even cuter with a tassel on it...but then again, what DOESN'T look better with a tassel on it? :-)
Hope you get your computer soon!
ahem, I believe that is MY tassel! (Well, maybe not, but it sure likes like the cute one I bought a couple hourse ago!!) I am so excited to see it in real life. Especially if it is like it's sister on your cabinet..
does that make us related? our tassels are sisters.
so excited
"God forbid." I thought at first, "What? That cabinet looks good there!" Then I saw the next picture and laughed out loud.
I am painfully in the same computer situation as you - and I'm hoping the funds come in full for your new purchase.
I have a request though, I'm a fellow homeschooling mom, and I want to know what your daily routine looks like to be able to keep such a nice house AND keep up with boys. Trained them well, I suppose! I have three of them myself, and they are little cyclones of destruction.
meg--sad, it's YOUR tassel, YES!
marisa, I didn't home school today so my house is cleanish. and, my boys are gone all this week!
in a month I am gonna have to revamp some things to get them ready for school. But, last year I realized how much they like to be in their own space to do lots of their work and then most of my time with them is spent reading to them so we go to whatever room we want. I let them take turns choosing.
I cannot wait to homeschool in this house, it's much more kid friendly! And I haven't even ordered my stuff yet. Anyone one to buy Sonlight core 1?
I love your mirror, you are so talented! I have an oak framed mirror in our half-bath, that I would love to paint, but not sure it would turn out...might start chipping after awhile...but then again, if that happened, then we would need a NEW mirror...so in the end, I would get what I want..so maybe it wouldn't be such a bad idea after all! ;)
I love the armoire in the bedroom - my MIL has a large one in her bedroom, and she uses it to store her (way too many pairs!!!) of jeans. Just goes to show, noone knows what goes on behind closed doors. ;-)
Blogger ate my comment yesterday, but I'm loving your bedroom. The colors are so peaceful!
Pretty, pretty, pretty. You're settling in so nicely. Hopefully, I'll do half as well when we move into our new house. Since you probably don't have to to go blog visiting, I'll tell you here...Our house is sold! We're moving at the end of the month!
Beautiful room! I love the plates above the bed & the monogrammed pillow. I also dress my spaces up with clean clothes. Matter of fact my husband said I should feature that on my blog with photos. I reminded him that we shouldn't talk about laundry because last time we did I accidentally didn't do his and he accidentally washed all of his dress shirts with a busted pen...oh and he dried them. Anyway...love your site...I look forward to your photos & wit!
I think everything looks so cute and it's not scratched, it's "distressed" ;) I think everything in my house looks like that! That tassel is perfect! Jen R
Beautiful. I can't wait to see the bathroom. I did mine up thanks to your inspiration. Hopefully I will have pics soon to share. Thanks, love the site
A wonderful way to start a bright new day...a tour of Nester's bedroom...now if we could just take our coffee out to my deck and enjoy the morning stack of magazines someone brought over of all new fall room "hots"....what fun! One more day until I get to go to the vendor! Wahoo! God bless you and yours friend!
I need to come up with new ways to say Beautiful! or Awesome! because those are the two words that always come to mind when viewing your blog. Love that mirror!
It looks great and so perfect. I can't wait to see how you use color without painting. We just got finished painting a couple of rooms and I am burned out. The mirror looks great. I love the thinking outside the box!
Hi, I just found you. You have a great site. I will be back. Thanks for sharing.
~Connie
It's obvious to me that I am reading this without my morning coffee because I did NOT get the post about the tassle free cupboard. Good thing a poster clued me in.:) I am off to brew a strong pot, and then browse some more. Gotta love summer.
We just bought most of Core 1 - I got the history, the readers, and the read alouds. We sort of do school year 'round, but I'm pretty relaxed to begin with.
Your bedroom looks great! I especially like how you painted the mirror.
I don't homeschool, but I'm "teaching" this summer because our school wanted one of my kiddos to go to summer school and I told them "no". I'm just trying to come up with my own activities for now. Do you like Sonlight?
~Heather
you are the perfect way to start a day...you are hilarious. i wanted to ask if you do custom tassels...i am redoing my bedroom in blue and white and it's sort of a funny blue. i'm painting an armoire and it would look perfect with one of your tassels hanging on the door :) let me know...
Awesome mirror.
Wonderful tassel decorating. I want to hang some from my ceiling fans. And lamps. And drawer knobs.
I have a crush on your armoire. Gots to get me one of those!
I've been a lurker on your site for quite some time. I love your site because you are so down to earth. I get so many good ideas from you and I just wish there were more hours in a day to implement them all. Your house looks gorgeous and I can't believe you have packed up one house and moved in and decorated another house so quickly. I am impressed. I love the plate idea and am thinking about which wall in my home I could incorporate it.
LOVE your blog. You crack me up; can we be friends? What pushed me over the top today was listening to Leonard Nimoy sing about hammering all over this land on your little radio station thing. I mistreated a closet (had to get the door out of the way) recently and can't wait to punish the windows soon, too. God bless!
Kimberly Yates in SC
I love your blog! Everything looks so much better with a tassel on it! Hope you get your computer soon!
Hi Nester!
I'm in the Alaskan bush with no running water (but internet access!) and your photos of all things pretty are a blessing. So love the plates. Perhaps I could try that here with our paper plates!
What about a shih tzu tassel? :)
Hi! I just have to say you are changing my life! Not kidding! I am so glad I found your blog and I did a post about a door and a shout out to you. I now have a door in my kitchen! I am trying to scrounge my pennies for a tassel! So glad you keep posting through it all. Good luck with the computer. Thanks for all your inspiration!
I'm loving each and every room of your new digs so far! Can't wait for the kitchen...the dining room.. the laundry... I so hope you get your new computer soon cause I'm sure this slow one is making you bonkers but bless your iron pumping pumped up space bar pressing thumb!
Where did you find your fabulous armoire?
STOP the MADNESS!! I want, like, every tassel you've made but, unfortunately, my kids have become accustomed to eating, dadgummit!
Love your home...when can we move in??
Don't you just love all the gushing comments? You are creating true bloggy love! I too am infatuated with your blog! Not to the point of stalking or anything, but you have amazing style. And what's more amazing is that you do so with a house full of boys! I am keeping you in my thoughts for the new computer. I know it has to be rough just 'getting by' with an old one.
So, just keep up the great work! You are inspiring women everywhere!
1) Is that white thingie on the wall a jewelry "box"?
2) Aren't furniture touch up pens THE BEST thing EVER?!
3) Would you please come to Louisiana and decorate my house?
:o)
it seems no matter where you go, you make your house a home. what a gift!
i love what you did with the frame. i just framed a family photo that i had blown up and printed on canvas. the frame was crazy cheap at hobby lobby so i had to buy it, but it is a bit boring. i am scared to paint it, but i was thinking of giving it a "wash" with white paint. you just gave me the courage!
i hope your computer woes are over soon!
I would love to know how you painted that mirror, it looks great!
everything is looking great, this is so exciting to see you put a home together! I Love it! but Please tell me u don't really leave your blow dryer pluged in 24/7??????
you are the most efficient mover-inner ever. so proud of you and your bargains too, loved those porch finds in the next post! whoo hoo! i've been out of town so i am just catching up on your goings on.
happy day, nester friend,
xoxo
LOVE, LOVE your blog! So fun and refreshing!
Just one thing because I cannot stand it any more: BARGAIN, friend, BARGAIN! :-)
Post a Comment