WIN THIS STUFF!
I'm back!!! And I'm givin' stuff away! Oh, how I have missed you! I have been in and out at the library trying to somewhat keep up with what is going on and my sister has done a more than fabulous job posting for me. Now back to mispelled words and poor grammar.
I have spent all weekend drinking lemonade and making tassels. Why you ask? Well, it looks like my dumb-puter , poor thing has blogged its last blog, emailed its last email and made me mad for the last time. I am now using my in law's extra computer until we can get a replacement. I know. Even a new to us computer is gonna cost a lot of tassels. And we are not gonna go into debt to get it. And this computer I am borrowing is slow and it hates me already. Though I am soo thankful to have it. Even if I have to push down REALLY hard on the space bar to space. I never realized how much I use spaces. My thumb is getting big muscles.
I've been making tassels because the only other things I can do good enough to sell is wrap presents and make iced coffee. So, I made a whole entire new batch of wonderfully beautiful, enticing tassels that I realize no one actually needs. Why don't I know how to make gasoline?
This is gonna be a tassel-a-thon. A tassel drive for a hard drive. You tasselaholics will need an intervention after this next week because every tassel I have made is better than the last!
This black metal and wire tray thing-a-ma-bob that I am similarly in love with. Look how great it is filled with shells and stuff...
A nest with eggs, of course...
And this black and white bird tassel.
Here's all the loot together. Did I do okay? Do you want it so bad that you will now be compelled to make a purchase without going into debt {click here to make a purchase}? Am I shameless? I'll be listing all sorts of stuff all week. I even have a few garlands to list after I can find my hand that fell off because of all the knot tying. Thank you all so much for your kind emails, and comments and even prayers for my computer. This is the worst case scenario but, with your help, maybe I can be up and running better than ever really soon!
Nest post--Tour de Rental 2008 continues: Master Bedroom
95 comments:
YYYEEEAAAHHH!!!! SO glad you are back!!! What a great idea to sell your tassels! I have a b-day coming up, is I am going to ask for one for my b-day.
We missed you nester!!!
We loved Emily too!
:-)
We're so glad you're back! We've missed you!
I tried to follow the link to your shop, but it isn't there. I'll get there, though, never fear! Glad to have you back!
So glad to have you back! I've been going through withdrawals!
Now I'm off to browse your shop...
Welcome back! I love the tassel I have and easily could be tempted to purchase another...go fix that big huge link!! ;)
~ Sarah
So glad you're back!!! Love the fun stuff in the contest. I still need to send you the stuff to make the custom tassels for me. If you are interested in a Dell, you can get one on qvc.com on easy pay.
When my laptop died unexpectedly last fall, I got my Dell on easy pay for like 5 monthly payments. It's not exactly going in debt because you know it will be paid off in a short time and it will just be deducted from your checking account. This way you should be able to sell enough tassels each month to cover your easy pay for the month and never use a credit card. Just an idea...
Yep, that is how we got our Dell also...good ole QVC...and then it died the first year...they totally replace it, no charge to us.
Your link doesn't work to the tassels. Glad you are back....let's see that is a LOT of tassel making to buy a computer! But, gotta have it!!!
Glad to have you back Nester!!! We missed you!!
Love,
Megan
i'm glad you're back! why is that little bunny tassel not in the store?
i'm missing keys on my laptop too. i recently tried to fix the screen with duct tape! i wish you better luck.
I just bought a tassle,and that's something I've never done before. I decided no woman needs big thumb muscles, so I'm doing my part to save your thumb and get you closer to a new computer!! :o)
I think the colors on the one I chose match my bedroom. I really had no idea how to pick one. I don't even know what to do with one, but they all look pretty cool!
Gosh Nester - I sooo missed you. Saucy was on vacation and even June missed a few posts. Then in my "real" life everyones on vacation but me. So thank goodness my 3 blogs are back! Maybe I'll SELL a few things and buy a tassel! Good luck, Nester...Nancy
YAY, she's BAAaaaAAAck!
Well look at all those tempting tassles. *slurp*
Fixed the link, hate me!
Love YOU! it's 6 am and 5 tassels have sold!!!!!!!!
Off to list more! You rawk!
So glad you are back!
So glad you are back. Loving everything you made and will keep checking back to see what you add.
Awwwwww maaaannn! I just bought a tassel a couple of weeks ago. I know. You're saying buy another. But we're on budget living, too. So I can't :(
Best wishes on your Tassel-A-Thon. I'm sure you'll do well.
So glad you are back!!
Yes--do not feel pressure to buy a tassel, kat, or anyone!!! No apologizing for not buying one! If you have wanted one and can buy one--yippie!
I am doing the same thing with the computer! It's sooo very tempting to just charge it as of yesterday but we are not!
One tassel at a time!
WooHoo...just bought me a tassel!! I am so excited. I had been looking and what a great incentive to go ahead and buy. I am so glad you are back and I can see you haven't missed a beat.
Glad you are back!!! Missed you. Good luck with the tassels. They are lovely,
Janie
Welcome back darling chickie! You've been very much missed but your cutie pie little sister did an amazing job keeping us all occupied while you were away. She definitely deserves a tassel (and more) for all her hard work! So glad to have you back!
You could also make some loot selling garland...hint..hint!
I was having panic attacks thinking you would be gone forever! Glad you're back and Emily did a great job subbing for you.
You should definitely add some ragamuffin garlands to the shop, good idea Carrie!
I'm off to shop at etsy and save your thumb.
Hee hee -- you misspelled "misspelled"!! Did you do that on purpose?? You are very funny!
Welcome back -- I love your blog!
I too, am so glad you are back. Even though, your sister did a great job, you were very missed.
Blessings,
Trixi
Yay!!! I'm so glad you're back. And although I just bought a tassel last week, I'll be happy to purchase another one - you know, for the cause.
Can't wait to resume the Tour de Rental!
Garlands are a comming--
black and white,
pink,
blues
i have to get a new hand implant every time I make one but they will be here!
love,
the nester
Forgot to ask - while I love everything you make - can you make a red/yellow/black tassel for me, or have you already make everything you'll be listing?
Happy to have you back!!!!! Jen R
I'm so glad your back too, in a non-stalker-way! (just don't check your sitemeter, m'kay?)
I'm off to check out those tassels. I need a teal and chocobrown one! And I really need that pile of giveaway.
Dear Nester,
I have been a silent fan for some time now. I read your most recent post this morning and knew it was high time that I order some of your beautiful tassels. A woman needs a computer, after all, and I am happy to support. Thank you for your wonderful blog and all of the truths that you are able to put into it for all of us.
Blessings.
Just move in with my family, decorate my house and my computer is yours for free! ;)
Seriously though, if you aren't going to decorate my house I'll have to go check out your store again. I'm so proud of you for coming up with the money beforehand and keeping debt at bay. I know firsthand that it takes determination and isn't always fun.
Missed you! The tassels are great. Good choice having the money before the computer purchase. When we do something like use CC for even small purchases, we regret it later. We have two small charges that are top on the list to get rid of soon. There is freedom in being debt free. Have a good day.
Girl, you have been MISSED!!!! I went on vacation and went thru THE NESTER withdrawals bigtime!! Thank heaven for fabulous inlaws with an extra computer..lol
My daughter stayed a whole month with my parents which she does every summer....I thought a tassle would be a FABULOUS way to say THANK YOU to my mom for taking such fabulous care of my sweetie for so long.
Now I just have to decide which one!!!!
I have to tell you...I have never been a tassle fan but yours are in a class all by themselves!!! Love ya nester and sooooooo glad your back :)
Hope you get that new computer real soon! That would be a bummer to be without your own. Wish you the best in tassle sales!
Rhoda
I've been trying to resist those tassels for months. However. If I pop over there and see a rooster or chicken... in reds and blacks and tans... I may be forced to purchase it. For "the cause", you know. :o)
I love love love your new stuff!! I am so glad you're back. Your tassels are always adorable.
Ok, this is cracking me up. I think you had this planned. Leave us all for almost a week (when I just found out you were here), get everyone really desperate, and then load lots of gorgeous things into your little store...smart, very smart. hee hee
So proud of you guys for the huge debt snowball...yea, trust me...it feels amazing!!
Jen:)
I'm so glad you're back. Even with a stubborn dumputer. I just know that you're going to sell about 1.5 million tassels today. You'll sell 'em as fast as you can make 'em.
I'd buy me 23 of 'em if I hadn't been put on a "don't-buy-anything- that-isn't-absolutely-necessary-to-keep-the-family-alive" kind of budget. I'll post about why tomorrow. :-)
Good luck! I know I'll be watching you etsy for just the perfect tassle or something else I can't resist.
So glad to have you back Nester. On my way to browse for tassels. My sister is moving into a new house today, so your timing is perfect for me to see if I can purchase a tassle as a housewarming gift!
welcome back! i have missed ya! i was given a load of fabric/tassle making materials...thought you would like the tassel making materials! would love to share! email me at amymichellebell@yahoo.com....i so appreciate your blog and the way you guys have handled the down-sizing and all the things involved with ramsey..we are trying, too! would love to share the stuff i was given with you.
welcome back!
amy
You are back- whew! Love the tassels and will be back to buy later. Just so relieved to see you're back (even though Emily did a fab job... wer can still see her at her place, so it is best to have you both!)
Can't wait to see the rest of the tour:-) I am SO impressed at your determination not to go into debt. I wish I was that determined- seriously.
SO glad you are back! Although I have really enjoyed your sis!
I'm off to find the perfect tassle for my mom's b'day and then off to sweet talk my man into letting my dip into the fun cash to purchase it! I'll do my best! :)
praying you sell LOTS of good stuff!
steph.
Welcome back! I missed you (but Emily is pretty cool too!) Good luck selling lots of tassles. I hope you can get a new computer very soon.
Well, we're sweltering in the heat b/c we turned the air off to save money. So...I won't be able to visit your etsy shop. BUT welcome back!
I'm so glad you're back...Emily did a mahvelous job, though! Wishin' I had some extra money lyin' around to buy a tassel! Love how you told us to buy one IF we didn't have to go into debt to get it. :)
Well, I just bought 3 Tassels! One for me(my birthday is this week) and two to give as gifts.
I have been reading your blog for about a month and have so enjoyed all the decorating tips. I am planning on doing some window mistreatments in my kitchen!
By the way, I was looking through your archives and happened across the picture of the bakery that you redecorated. Does that bakery happen to be, Maxie B's in Greensboro?
Whew....one tassel down and I cant wait to purchase more....you are making my home more stylish each week!! Good luck on the computer front and thanks for coming back to us we missed you dearly...
Oh Nester! I am so glad to see you back I have been dying to see the rest of the house!
I have been busy- I am now making aprons selling them on ETSY- Thought it might be fun!
My daughter and I sat down yesterday and made a ragamuffin garland! It was fun to do together and looks great perched upon my amouire..
BTW- never realized you mis spell things because I do it so much too! LOL
Emily did an awesome job! I hope you see lots 'O tassels to get a new puter!
you crack me up. Hubby happend to be near the computer so I read to him your post. Thanks for keepin' it real. He knows how I love the computer (and would do crazy things to get it back.)
How could you do that to that innocent little L?
Glad you are back. Has it been hard? Like harder than you are letting on? Because I think I couldn't handle being away from my computer that long. I would be like swamp thang.
I will go check out your tassels...I gotta help a blogger out.
Hola - delurking to say - can I BEG, PLEAD, BARTER, BRIBE...whatever to have you make a tassle like the one you are giving away??? Something like that would go PERFECTLY in my newly mis-treated bedroom :) If you make it, I will buy it - I promise :) Glad to see you back!!! And please tell your sister she did an excellent job of filling in for you :)
Those darn computers. Don't ya just want to throw them out the window sometimes.
Brandee :-)
Yea, So glad you are back!!!!!!!!!!!
You better become a tassel makin moma something tells me you'll have your computer $ in no time!
Shucks - the tassle I've been eye-ing for the past week must have sold already!! Errr...hopefully, more like it will come around shortly! I'll keep looking each morning. My computer bit the dust on Saturday!
~angela
PS - remember - honey bee tassles -I'm want one!!
Me again! :o) I am just waiting for the "right" tassel to be posted! I would love lots of ribbon around a $20.00 price! :o) I hope I am not being too difficult! :o) I am so thankful that you are back!! I have gleaned so many ideas from your blog, I would just die if you went out for good!! Yippeee ... the Nester is back!!!
Oooo, good for you on not going back into debt...such a smart girl you are to sell some tassels..
xoxoxo
Thanks for the incentive! I've been checking out your tassels for a while now and am glad I can help you get closer to your computer purchase!!! Can't wait to get my tassel in the mail. Good luck and happy computer shopping!!
27 tassles sold when I just checked and it's only 10:00am Phoenix time!! Your ploy worked!!! Yeah for you!! You do some goooood marketing, sister!! :)
-Tab
P.S. Your stuff is only going to get more popular--ever considered "employing" help??? :) THAT would be gazelle intense!! Sell, sell, sell!!
Wanna make some extra loot? Make me a swag!!
Seriously!
email me please!!
jocogirl25 at yahoo dot com
Jennifer
So glad you are back!!
I'm off to the shop...
i'd love to order a few tassels for some gifts, but i'd like to let them pick them out...can you do gift orders through etsy? like a gift certificate?
I am so glad you are back! I finally redid my dining room and can't wait to post before and after pics. I will get it done this week! :)
Wow - you must be pleased with your sales today! I just went and looked and your shop looked like it was becoming empty so I looked at your sales and you've made something like 27 today, huh? Woo Hoo! Good for you!
WB !
Have had the tractor one in my Etsy cart of awhile.
Like the dominoe one too.
Okay, I am soooo jealous! I had my eye on the bird tassle with the pink and black...and I had to run and do errands...came home and it's gone... bummer...tho' I am happy for whoever got it! :P
I'll keep checking back to see what else you post!
Love your blog! My sister showed it to me about a week ago and I can not get enough so I started my own blog this past weekend. I really would love to start a store at etsy also, selling cards. I have been looking at it for several months and have no clue where to begin. I have a lot of how do I do it questions, like taxes, shipping and so on. Do you have any advice.
Welcome back!
Now I can stalk ya again, woo hoo! ;)
Are you going to put up some more swags? Think you can do the colors of black, red/maroon and tan/beige, eh?
My husband and I are also doing the Dave thingy too and there are times when I just wanna give in, argh! Hang in there, it will all be well worth it at the end.
Welcome back, girlfriend! :)
Hi, thanks for the comment on my blog. My bedroom would take an entire weekend to paint. The ceiling was not done well last time. I take forever to cut in a ceiling. I do like the blue for now. Someday I will be tired of it. I am much more antsy to paint the foyer, no one ever cut that in and it is a mess. And my kitchen and family room. I saw the plaid comforter at Kohls. It is nice and puffy. I might ask for that for Christmas from my mom:)
P.S. I said much more than darn it when I realized my disappointment about the furniture.
I looked around your store and fell in love, but life interrupted my shopping. I just went back to your store and I hate to tell you this-I think you've been robbed! Almost all your items are GONE! I am very sad b/c I was truly going to buy a blue and brown tassel for my bedroom. I'll be back!
I would LOVE to buy a tassel! Your blog is the best!
Maybe post an update when your etsy store is updated??
I will be over looking at your mistreatment posts... then off to tack in some canvas!
I would LOVE to buy a tassel! Your blog is the best!
Maybe post an update when your etsy store is updated??
I will be over looking at your mistreatment posts... then off to tack in some canvas!
Missed you, but your sis is awesome too! Tell me your computer didn't take all your pictures and important info with it when it died. I have nightmares about that happening to mine...
Would love to buy an awesome tassel, but alas, I am B-R-O-K-E. ( I drive a suburban=500 gallons of gas everyday...)
I am so glad you are back! The tassel I had my eye on is gone:( I will keep looking though.
I love your blog. You have given me the courage to decorate without fear.
I hope you are able to get a new computer very soon!
Clorissa
I want to purchase, but your store is empty. I'm especially interested in purchasing a garland or two. Please post when you've updated the store. I LOVE your blog.
Sara
from WV
nestie-
missed you. love your sis. don't need tassels, but am sure i will buy some anyway because i am now HOOKED ON THEM. rabbit and fleur de lis need some family. LOVE YA.
I'm SO glad to see you back!! I've been checking in daily. Hope you make your way to a new computer!
Kim
So glad you're back. I was going through Nester withdraw. You got me motivated with your awesome looking house, especially considering you just moved in. I have been hitting thrift stores just looking for things to beautify. I've been making some progress if I do say so myself. Thanks for the inspiration. Oh, and i loooooovvvvvveeeee the new tassels. Look at how productive you can be even without a computer...
OH. MY. HEAVENS! That horse tassel is so out of this world that's in your store right now. What I would do to have it!!!! I can't have it, but whoever it is that buys it- that is one super special tassel. Enjoy it, take a picture of it, I'd like to sit and drool over it for a bit and fantasize over how good it would look in my house! :)
HI! I have been lurking for the whole weekend and I think I have read every post! I now have redone my bed, front porch, and added a skirted table to my living room. ( have to wait on the fringe...it's not in the budget!)
You do amazing work! If your ever up near Athens come redo my house!!
I am saving for a tassel now! I am proud of you and your husband. Live like no one else so later you can live like no one else! (I keep saying that when I look at my carpet!)
YOU CAN DO IT, NESTER!!!
I have bought my THIRD tassel (too bad you weren't doing the contest a WEEK AGO!) and sooooo I'm stalking your etsy for more!
Keep 'em coming ~ you'll have a new computer in NO TIME!!
Natalie
Hey, When you get a rooster...hold on to it...or call me...Ill email you my #....I didn't get the message until they were sold...:( Oh well I can wait...Love ya, Meme
I'm so glad you're back! I cannot wait for you to upload the garlands to etsy. hint hint hint :)
Hi Honey!!!!
I am so glad to hear that you didn't lose your mind while waiting for a computer!
Love you!
K
The ceiling fan pull got me!!!! You do know how to make a MEAN tassel!!! Glad you are back in action...your sister....did you proud, of course....Can't wait for the rest of the house tour!!!!!
I hope I win all the cool stuff!!!!
Glad you are up and running again! Emily took very good care though :) Looking forward to seeing The Master Bedroom!!! Welcome back! We all missed you !
keep us updated on how you do!
Glad you are back I missed you but loved your sister too! Gosh I wish I didn't have a trip to pay for next week, the tassles would all be mine all mine! My birthday is at the end of the month so I will hint to the hubs that I want a tassle to help my friend buy a new computer, he is a softie when it comes to charity ;)
OK, I must be dumb, but I don't understand tassels. Have you blogged about how to use tassels where I could read up?
I just bought one of your tassels and I gotta say its my first purchase on Etsy. I love your work. The best tassel maker! I can't wait until you list more...
Can we have the iced coffee recipe?!? :)
Wow, I don't check your blog for a while and I miss the party! Totally my fault. You know I love that little white bird.
Post a Comment