The contest is now closed. Also, all the spots for the coming giveaways are now taken! Thanks so much and see you Wednesday for the link up!
The Issue
You all know I’m not gonna embarrass myself and talk about politics or the economy or the quadratic equation on this here blog. But, there is one thing I do want to talk about. Small businesses. In particular, small in home cottage businesses run by us womenfolk who make cute stuff.
I love it when a mom decides that there is something she is so passionate about creating that she just cannot help but make it. Selling it comes second to the joy that making the particular item brings. Some of us even help bring in some much needed income.
I have a feeling there are lots of you crafty ones out there gearing up for the holiday season—you’ve purchased goods to make whatever it is you make, you have inventory, you are ready for Christmas, right? I spoke to a few of you last week {not necessarily the ones pictured--those were just the girls I had at the forefront of my mind} and from what I gather, business was slow. What can I do to help besides buy everything from you and then be broke and have to live with my family in a car full of cute handmade items?
The Ideas
More Giveaways. Since our last giveaway was so successful and I know how much you like to get free stuff and I know that there are so many of you talented ladies out there I’ve got a few more giveaways lined up in the coming weeks. {I have one or two more openings if you want to be a part please email me today.}
Buy Handmade. Most of us are all still going to be purchasing gifts this Christmas. Maybe we are cutting back or getting creative but I would like to encourage you to consider purchasing from a small business instead of buying everything from Target and Macy’s. Plus, if you buy handmade then you are getting something that real people made—not robots.
Free Advertising Here Next Wednesday. We’ve got another giveaway today and a few more coming up but, I would love to have a Mr. Linky party whatchamacallit for any of you out there who make stuff and sell it. Get your goods ready and link to your blog or shop and next Wednesday and we’ll all make the rounds and visit you. Hmmm, this might be a great time to hold your own giveaway! Can anyone think up a great name for this Linky? Handmade by Humans? Bloggers supporting Bloggers? Shop Cottage Industry? Don't buy from Robots? I’m no good with words. Good Luck this Holiday season!
Today’s Giveaway
We'll have 3 winners for this one and there won’t be a deadline for the winners to use their credit. Taken strait from her etsy shop, Keri makes wonderful "custom, personalized, 'just for you' card designs of all kinds. Invitations, holiday cards, announcements, business cards, digital scrapbook pages – if you can think of a way to use your photo, she can create something for you."

What great timing for custom Christmas cards. If you win, you can use your $15 credit {the price of one design} for Christmas, a birthday invitation or a birth announcement – whatever you want, whenever they you it. There are no shipping fees as she simply produces the design and emails the file to the winner for you to have printed wherever you want at whatever quantity you want. Keri will do a custom design or personalize an existing one.

One more thing, Keri is having a sale: $2 off the first design and $1 off all additional designs (no limit, but they must be ordered at the same time.) Fly on over to her shop and order you up a design or two--you don't even have to sign your names on your Christmas Cards this year! Let's support each other this year! But I don't blame you if you wait until Thursday to see if you won!
Leave a comment here to enter--remember, three winners and this contest ends Wednesday at midnight! Oh and for fun, tell me about how many Christmas cards you sent out last year. I'll start. Zero because I'm lazy. But, if I were going to this year I'd order them from Keri.
PS my internet service has gone insane and I'm at a coffee shop once again I might be slow in replys and if I inadvertantly put something crazy in this blog post like "I love to polyester sofas" please forgive the fact that I'm not around to edit it out.



206 comments:
1 – 200 of 206 Newer› Newest»The cards are too cute. What a great prize.
yay for giveaways!! these cards are super cute! i sent out ZERO last year as well... but I am fully planning on sending lots out this year! :)
hilary.hymer@gmail.com
I love the cards. I sent out zero last year too, but want to do better this year.
And, I love this idea and will definitely participate. I have a small home based business and love to support others who do as well! Thanks Nester!
I think it's wonderful that you're trying to help other moms. I know this Christmas I'm going to try really hard to buy my gifts from either Etsy shops or shops run by moms. (and I'll be making a few gifts - SOAP!)
I keep thinking of opening an etsy shop to sell soaps but I'm too worried about the economy. I mean, who's going to be interested in buying expensive soaps when we're all concerned about putting food on the table and having a roof over our heads?
I think you are hilarious with words!! I actually had a dream with you and other bloggers in it last night-no doubt after reading your post about BD.
Elise
Love the cards! I send out about 50 cards each year.
Hello my Pushing Daisies, Nester friend!
This is a GREAT post. I can't personally make anything (i think I failed my crafts & arts class) but I sure can tell you what looks good and what doesn't and can give fashion advice.
I will definitely use your friend for my personalized cards. These women all have such great ideas and talent!!!
If you're one of those women - THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!
Great philosphy to buy from Moms, I will see what I can do to help out. I purchased 60 cards and send out about 50. I never know what to do with the extras...
What cute homemade items! I think it's wonderful to support other moms and their creativity. I'm digging those cards, too!!
Thanks for the info...I am always looking for new and creative cards...we have moved a lot and I send about 75 every year to keep in touch with old friends!
Great giveaway - the cards are so cute!
I think I sent out about 30 or so cards last year.
Yay, yay! What a great idea - you're so thoughtful to use your blog to help out others.
I'll be ready!
Love the idea to support handmade!!! :)
We sent out about 75 Christmas cards last year.
Those are some beautiful items, Nester! Can't wait to see what else you have to show us... here's hoping...
Well... counting the Christmas Cards I sent at church, I sent out about 200 last year. It's always a hassle, but I've learned over the years to make my own, and get them ready BEFORE DECEMBER. That's the only way to get them done and out of the way. Just think about it -- if you can design or create your own, with a family picture, why not do it NOW!? UGH, I need to get going (& follow my OWN advice)!
You've made me stop and think about handmade items. What a great idea for Christmas this year! And, you'll be helping the pockets of the common man (ah-hem, WOMAN) and not the big companies!
Yay to HANDMADE!!
Well, let's see - last year at Christmas time... what were we doing? Oh yeah, we were in the hospital with my dad who had cancer spots removed from his liver and then developed phenomena. We were planning our wedding. We were closing on our first house and moving my fiancĂ© out of his apartment. And I was taking my finals for the fall semester…
So, number of Christmas cards sent out would be 0…
Number of Christmas cards hoping to send out this year – at least 40, probably.
Fingers crossed!
Oh, what a fun giveaway and what a great reminder to buy handmade. I think last year we sent out 50 cards. I usually make my own, but I'd love to have someone else to do for me :)
I LOVE cards-----too cute. I am already getting ready with some Christmas pics of the kids to add to the cards!!! Fun times.
Yes! I *love* the idea of buying homemade and supporting Moms and artists and crafters and...lol. I've even started an Etsy account I plan to activate for selling at some point so my artisticly inclined daughter can start selling a little something now and then...just to get her feet wet. I think it'll show her that her creativity CAN bring in an income and this will open a world of possibilites for her...Great post and great give-a-way :)
GREAT idea to support handmade......so how about Handmade Holidays? Probably better than my first thought that was "hey let's support our craft making friends" phrase....! I am just starting out on a little venture myself so I'm not sure I"m ready to Launch....other than being a SLaHOME rep, but that is not handmade.....but I do make some unusual gift card givers......for those who wait til the last minute and need to give a gift card from a business. Oh,and Christmas cards? zero, I'm sad to say.
53, because I love getting 53 back from different people. Actually makes it fun to get the mail :-)
How cute!!
Thanks for the giveaway :)
I can't even remember what I wore yesterday, much less how many Christmas cards I sent out last year. I'd bet it was somewhere around 40. Anyway! What a great prze! What a great giveaway! Thanks!
What a great prize - I love that you get the file and can print them yourself. Thanks!
Probably about 60. I send them out right after Thanksgiving. I love Christmas Cards. Last year it had a picture of my little boy with a Santa hat crying. It said "you better not pout, you better not cry". I loved them. Can't wait to decide what we are doing this year.
I'll go with 35ish cards last year. And I love the idea of picture cards!
And I'm suggesting SOS (Shop On Sisters) for Mr.Linky-giveaway-supporting moms-thing!
Ooooh! Too cute! I sent out 30 Christmas cards last year, but they were no where near as cute as these!
So cute! I would use them as Christmas cards. I think I sent out about 20 last year.
Cut, cute, cute! I sent out about 35 I think.
Super cute cards! I sent out 50+ cards last year~so glad for self~sticking stamps!
What a great idea Nester!! Her stuff is so cute. As always, I up for a great give away!!
You are wonderful to post about buying from small businesses!
These cards are super adorable!
Hi Nester-Friend!
It was such a joy to do brunch with you and the girls last week. You are fab and I wish I had gotten to know you when you lived here!
Anyway, love the cards and hope to maybe win. Last year I sent zero Christmas cards because I copied a friend and now send out EASTER cards. Easter/Spring is my favorite time of year (Christ has risen!), plus it's unique and fun to get an Easter card, ya know?
See you in GSO in November. I plan to buy all handmade for my picky family and they'll just have to like it! :)
The still-blogless NCJill
I love Christmas cards! Just hope I have a minute to address them! If I win I will be excited and WILL mail them!
I sent out fifty two cards last year and it took about 2 weeks to design - I would LOVE this! Thanks so much.
Last year I sent about 45 cards - and they weren't nearly this cute!
Last year I sent out exactly 12 cards. I ADDRESSED 44 (BY HAND), but only 12 made it to the mail. How sad is that? I think the rest are packed up with my Christmas stuff. Think I could send them out this year? No one will notice that Indy is a year older and taller will they? Man I need help. Oh, and custom cards. That would be great. If I won, I SWEAR I would send them out. On time. Maybe. Look at my blog and you'll see why I'm such a mess. And in NEED of a giveaway. Lots of them. Oh, and all of my crafty stuff (you remember the egg pics I sent you?) is packed away and I won't see it again until just before the holidays so I can't even sell this year. Color me sad. And in need of a giveaway.
I sent 50 last year! It was a record-breaking year. LOL I usually address them all and then find them someplace random three years later, never having been mailed.
Those cards look great! Last year I sent out 0 Christmas cards. I always plan to do it, it just never happens!
So enter me the contest and if I win, I'll have no excuse this year!
Kelly S in Waynesboro, VA
I *love* writing/sending Christmas cards! I even do the dreaded "Christmas Letter" thing - but try not to brag too much in it ;) Havnig been a military family for many years, we've picked up so many friends along the way & Christmas is when we catch up. Last December, I sent out 125 cards, at least.
Yay, I love this giveaway. Perfect for Christmas!!!
P.S. I sent 50 cards last year.
Awesome prize! I love your idea. I'll be adding my linky too!
I am excited about next wednesday!!!!!
Yet another great giveaway! I love that you promote all of these wonderful woman that I normally wouldn't find! Thank you for that!
Count me in... Christmas is huge for us and I send out a ton of cards! Last year at least 65!
REading this makes me want to try selling some of my stuff, it takes a lot of courage!
I usually spend months obsessing about something in my mind before I have the guts to try it so we will see :)
Thanks for all the window mistreatment genius btw.....I advertised you on my blog since I finally got the guts to try one of my own ;)
Great post, esp. the contest part!! I sent out ZERO cards last year. Postage is just too darn high and no one keeps the nice cards I make anyway...boohoo!
I sent out probably at least 50!
I agree, I will buy homemade gifts this year!! Thanks for all the links.
I would love to win this one! I already have my cards addressed and signed just waiting on a picture for this year, but it would be fun for next year!
Fabulous idea!
What beautiful cards! I sent out around 50 last year. I'm still trying to get the perfect picture for this year.
And I can't wait for next Wednesday, maybe I'll have to host a giveaway from my etsy shop. Hmmm.
Just in case...
borsky_dre at yahoo dot com
Nester! Excited for another giveaway. Last year we sent about 150 Christmas cards - the joys of living everywhere - I send everywhere.
I'm in! What a great array of fabuluos things!
Fun cards! I sent out about 75 last year.
Great giveaway!Cute photo birthday cards would be fun.
I send out way too many christmas cards, over 100 last year.
I always do photo cards since they are the ones I love to get.
This is really wonderful. And I could use the advertising for my etsy shop. LOL!
Thanks,
Susan
www.veryprettythings.etsy.com
Love this idea for a giveaway... and I'm gonna check out those links, I'm especially excited about the monogram pictured because I want to buy monogrammed linens for my home!!!
Last year... I think I sent out no more than 25 Christmas cards...
What a wonderful, generous thing you're doing. Last year I bought a lot of my gifts from Etsy and they were all a huge hit - definitely doing it again this year.
I never knew about 'custom cards' until I lived in the south. You southern gals have such class!! I love them.
I sent out zero cards but had them signed and address just never mailed them. This is not the first time I have done that(probably will not be the last either).
I am going to look at the cards now.
Carrie
i love this...and i just put a giveaway up...then i read your blog and saw this post...and i'm trying to figure out what else i can giveaway. Those cards are super-cute!
Beautiful designs! Love em!
ecupakelly{at}aol(dot)com
LOVE the cards! Didn't send Christmas cards out last year -- ran out of time. Instead we made homemade photo Valentines and sent those out! It was a nice change for friends and family to receive... and they didn't get mixed in with all the other family Christmas cards :)
Lovin' this blog! It's so fun. Great idea!
Love the cards! So cute...
I sent out about 50 Christmas cards last year, and plan to do the same this year too.
Oh how I'd love to win! My son's first birthday is in 4 weeks and I so need invitations for his party! Last year we sent out about 50 Christmas cards and to save on postage I sent out the little guy's birth announcements with our Christmas cards.
The cards are cute. I love your idea to help promote small businesses. I have started and etsy shop myself and have only had two sales in the last few months. Makes me sad.
For Christmas last year I probably sent out about 30 cards. We had just had a baby and so of course I wanted to make sure everyone had a good photo of her!
this is a great idea! i love etsy but have a hard time finding the stuff i want there. last night i purchased two prints from there for the baby's room. i would love to do more advertising for etsy people. i think bloggers spreading the word is the best way for them to get business. i have three links to etsy stores on my sidebar (one is yours).
Oh my goodness! I love cards and these are just so cute! Your encouragement to support one another is just such a great idea! Thanks for hosting such a great give away!
Oh, Helping My Country and getting stuff, too. This is almost as good as the stimulus check!
I'd love to win, and I'd use it to announce my two new grandsons (one from each of my two married daughters) soon to be born.
Thanks for letting us know of all these cool businesses.
Those are some beautiful cards!
Last Christmas, I think we sent out about 20 or 25. We always do photo cards of the kids, which are pretty easy for those of us with a lot on our plates. Just address and mail.
Oh...and we send out about 100 family letters with a photo, which now includes 19 people and is getting harder and harder to get everyone to agree on. (since each person likes the shot where they look the skinniest/pretties/manliest/coolest, etc.
The cards are so cute! What a fun prize!
-Sandy Toes
Okay...can't spell so I deleted my other post. What I was going to say was...I love your blog! I just found it and I can't wait to see what else you post. The tank is so cute! I also have handmade goodies on etsy. Come by my blog anytime!
What a great idea! I think last year we sent out around 45. When I think of the price of stamps, I'm compelled to cut that list dramatically!
75! And over half get sent to England and Germany, so it always costs us a lot of $$$.
Good giveaway! I'm sure if I won I could outdo last year's total of zero cards sent. I would love to send out a batch of swanky customized cards!
Blessings,
Courtney
cwag31@yahoo.com
I would love to get in on the give aways!! I make & sell natural skin care... and hope to add handmade soap to my store soon!!
My web site is www.mayflowersnaturals.com
I forgot to say how may cards I sent out last year...None...but I made a list does that count?
I printed off 75 cards, but I'm also cheap and handed out as many of those as possible. This is a great idea for a giveaway!
we sent about 100 cards/letters out for the Christmas last year. we just had twins, so a cute Christmas card would be great!
Becky
Oh, I would love to have new business cards made that say "GLAMOUR GIRL". Please include me -- thanks. Joanne ~~ glamourgirljoanne@yahoo.com
such cute stuff! I sent out 80 cards.
I completely agree that now is the time that we support each others businesses and why not, when there is such cute things out there like these cards. Thanks for the giveaway. Also, I sent out about 50 cards last year.
Great designs... I think I sent about 55 cards last year!
we sent out 40 - whew!! Here we go again!
Sent out 150 Christmas pictures last year! Would LOVE to win this drawing and if not, I think I'll be supporting her small business anyway! :)
I'm totally in. This is so great! What fabulous cards! I sent out 32 last year, we're big on Christmas cards around here. You're idea about supporting the cottage industry is great. I'm all in for that one too. Can't wait!
-Hayley
christmas cards make me happy!
I sent out about 50 cards last year, probably designed by a robot at Target. I love your blog and this is a great idea to encourage support for small businesses. I would love to win those beautiful cards!
What a great idea! I'm excited to try that for Christmas cards. Last year I sent out about 85, but probably ordered 100. I always have leftovers laying around.
We've moved a lot so I send a BUNCH of Christmas cards each year. It's a (fairly) easy way to touch base each year with friends we've made in the places we've lived.
I'd love this prize!
I, too, sent zero cards last year. Good intentions...
This giveaway could be my answer to this year's dilemma!
Way to support the creative Mom's. You have my support. Those cards are really cute. What a great give away.
LOVE your blog!!! I'm out of "lurkville" and just recently purchased from Etsy....I'm hooked!
Count me in! I sent out around 80 cards/letters last year. I love the idea of supporting other crafty people/busy mom's. Good luck everyone!
The cards are great and I would love to win. I sent out 50 cards last year!
I probably sent out around 70+ cards. I've already bought mine for this year in the after Christmas sales of last year.
I did, however, support a mom by buying one of the Nester's tassels. Very cute, Nester. It got here just fine. Thank you!
Sheila
How sweet! I think I sent out around 70 cards last year..all store bought of course!
super cute cards. I sent around 45 cards last year.
love the cards. Just have to enter.
I would love to win something..but the cards are really cute.
I love the cards and the whole idea of avoiding the big box stores and buying homemade.
I sent out 100 cards last year!
Great post! We should support our fellow bloggers. I would love to win this giveaway! So cute! I sent out 20 cards last year...I would love to send out even more this year!
We sent out 75 last year! :)
We sent out close to 100 last year. We have got to get on the ball and get our family pictures done!
Love the cards. I am always looking for new designs. I send out between 125-175 cards every year. I love sending them, preparing for them and of course getting them too!
I love these cards, I went over and visited this super talented girl and would have such a hard time deciding what I'd want if I win!
Count me in for the Linky Love next Wednesday!
We sent out 125 cards last year, but will problably send more this year--what can I say, we're popular?! Not really, just the nature of the husband's biz.
The cards are so cute! I sent out zero last year... saying I would send Easter cards after the baby was born. But that didn't happen either. Usually it's over 100 that we send... hopefully this year!
very cute! we sent out around 125 cards last year. love supporting other mommas and their businesses )
I would love to send these out as my Christmas cards! Jboles8771@aol.com
Julie
Thank you Nester. I've been pleading the cause of small businesses for months.
You're awesome!!
Oohh! I love giveaways...who doesn't?!
In fact I'm having one tomorrow!
Shall we trade? ;o)
What a good reminder for holiday shopping--and an added bonus is not dealing with the annoying rush/crush of Holiday Shoppers! Last year we sent out about 50 cards, but I'm going to be a bit more ruthless about weeding down the list. Sorry to be ruthless, but if we haven't heard from someone in 3 years, it's time we stop sending them a card!
Fabulous giveaway! I love the cards. I sent about 50 cards last year and plan to send about the same number this year. Off to check out more of the card designs!
LOVE these.
I'm pretty faithful about sending out Christmas cards...I think I sent about 120 last year. Am I crazy?
anneswanson3@gmail.com
Such a great idea to form a "grassroots" effort to support home businesses! I plan to shop for Christmas this year from small businesses, and these cards would be the perfect start!!! Thanks, Nester!
I have shamefully neglected the card sending for the past couple of years...I need to do it this year!
Thanks for the chance!
I love giveaways. I love her cards and would use it for a birth announcement for the newest member of our family coming soon! I sent out about 100 Christmas cards last year.
Great idea for a giveaway! I sent out about 200 cards to friends and family.
What cute designs! I think I sent out about 90-95 cards last year! Oh my!
Yay for supporting crafting moms!! I'm all for it! If you need a donated item I'd love to donate a hairbow! Just let me know! :)
sprinklesbowtique@yahoo.com
Hey! Thanks for the mention! Love surprises like these! M. Womble called this morning to tell me! She was as excited as I was!! I'm going to email you about your Nashville trip.
Thank you for your post & I will definately be looking to the small business owners for my Christmas shopping. I don't sell anything but, there are so many talented ladies out there & I love the idea of getting something more personal & handmade for my loved ones.
As far as Christmas cards, I send out an average of 160 each year. Ugh! I'm one of those who doesn't want to leave anyone out. Keri's cards are way cute!
Cute cards! I sent out zero last year. But my family and I have since moved out of state so this year I want to send some. Love your blog!
I also sent out ZERO Christmas cards because by the time I ordered them from kodakgallery it was WAY after Christmas and I just didn't want to send them out any more! So I returned them and now have a HUGE credit at kodak. I would love to have a new option for Christmas cards!
OOH i love the cards!! How about the Crafty Parade for the name of the Event!
I forgot to tell you that I sent out ZERO Christmas cards because I was PREGNANT, HUGE and GRUMPY. I figured I would be sending out announcements cards of the babies birth....well I sent out ZERO birth announcements. She was born Dec 30th. I was too much in love with her to do birth announcements.
Last year I sent out over 150 personally signed cards.... I've been wanting to do a cute digital Christmas card. Man, would my hand be thankful! :)
We've got over 40 on our "major happenings notification" list. You know, newsletters, birth announcements, and Christmas cards. Get's expensive, I'll tell you what!
what cute cards. I sent out about 35. That was all my card budget would cover:)
I send about 40-50 cards. These are so unique! I have been looking for just this type of card for this year!
I love the cards, but I really love that lettering. Thinking of Christmas already.
great timing! I was just wondering what I would do about christmas cards this year. I hope I win... I hope I win...
Oh, what fun! I sent at least 100 last year. I do every year. Well, maybe not this year with the stock market nonsense. But fewer and prettier--that I can do. Put me in the contest.
I sent somewhere around 60 last year! Would love some originally designed ones. Too cute!
I love cards - my husband put a limit on me because I just can't stop buying them. I think I sent out 70 Christmas cards last year.
charles and sara at hotmail dot com
Love these. I send approximately 75 cards every year. I have a large family and friends in far places. My card rule is....if I see you in person I'll wish you Merry Christmas verbally...if I can't see you, you'll get a card. Blessings, Dawn W. in TX
Love your blog!!!
No cards last year and probably none again this year.
I just started a new blog a couple days ago centered on giveaways. I have one going on all the time on my fifties nostalgia blog, and I thought another blog with giveaways would be a good idea.
As I said, it's only been up for a couple days, but if you'd like to check it out and list your giveaways on it, it might increase traffic both ways.
I hope I'm not stepping on toes here. If so, just delete this comment.
http://toastyposts.blogspot.com
I love the idea of handmade gifts. If I could just convince my family to go that route, I think we'd all love it!
Very cute cards, very neat idea!!!!
Christmas cards 2007 addressed and sealed? 54
Christmas cards 2007 mailed? 0
I would send them out this year, but we ALWAYS sign our cards with the year inside. Darn .. so if I don't win, I may just mosey on over and get some new ones!
I was trying to save money last year and sent zero as well. I'm contemplating it for this Christmas. Thank you for all the wonderful decorating ideas. I can't get enough!!!
What a great idea! I am a small-business owner myself. I make beaded jewelry. I appreciate helping all the ladies out. You are very sweet!
This will our first Christmas married so i would love to use this for Christmas Cards!
I sent out 100 cards last year...cute ideas.
love em.. pick me!
I send out about 75 cards each year! I would love to send something cute like this!
Would love to win some invitations! I'm just beginning to plan a sip-n-see for a friend and I want to do a modern bird/nest theme...but there's a big guest list and not a huge budget. I'm not sure if I can get the kind of invites I'd really like. So the credit would go a long way on blessing the socks off a sweet first-time mommy who has waited a while for this. I'm hoping!
Sent out about 70 cards last year. But this year, I'm doing Easter cards instead. I've seen others do it, and it just makes sense for me to do one less project in December. That's my big plan. I hope I really follow through with it.
What a thoughtful person you are to do this and promote women in business!!
Great prize! I sent out 130 so this would be fabulous! I need all the help I can get! I would love to support another Mom!
I have a giveaway going on on my blog RIGHT NOW and plan to give more away between now and Christmas! Your blog is so creative. And these giveaways are so fun!
How fun!!! Giveaways are cool!!! :D
I didn't send out any Christmas cards last year...but I did send about 5 the year before! LOL
great giveaway! i sent out about 50 last year...
aebg1974 at bellsouth dot net
I was leaning toward not sending this cards this year - but this changes everything!
I just wanted to say that I usually give Target gift cards for presents for baby showers and the like. Well I have gotten to know the wonderful and talented Melissa at a Bible study this summer and I thought "I can do better than that". I purchased her baby bundles last month for 2 showers and my gifts were a hit! It is so important to support a friend's (and fellow mom's) business, but it was also fun to be the one giving the coolest, most special gift!.
If you guys know someone who is talented and brave enough to put themselves out there like these women are, do yourself a favor and drive right on by Target!
I love the idea of supporting other mommy business'! And the giveaway is adorable! I just love these cards!!
yipee what great cards. I would love to use them for christmas cards. With a tight budget every extra dollar helps. Thanks so mcuh
I sent out about 50 with cute little postage stamps with my hubby in his Santa cap. The stamps were a BIG hit! And if I won the giveaway that would give me a jump on getting on the stick with this years. Thanks for the giveaway and your great blog.
i linked to your blog from another and am so glad I did! What fun ideas, and I think it's great that you are getting the word out to support other moms who make things! Handmade gifts (from humans) are always the ones I cherish the most...
I think it is wonderful! Count me in. The cards are really cute!
Jody
150, and that was after cutting people
(stamps are expensive, and gas aint cheap!)
buying handmade is a great idea.
pleated poppy is my sis-in-law, and she genuinely loves to create. getting her goodies is always a treat.
I love all of the things these ladies create and what a great idea to support other Moms!
I sent out zero...but the year before i did 162, a little excessive, huh?
We sent out about 8. Not only did we send to only a few people on our list, but I also sent them out only days before Christmas!!
Can't wait - I've been working my fingers to the bone anyway, so this will be just the right way to celebrate! Thanks for the heads up, too!
Business Card
Find what you're looking for locally via our business card search engine directory. Advertise your business here for people to find you via your Business Card. Find what you're looking for by using our Business Card search engine.special offer on submitting business cards.
Love the cards!
I love prizes! Last year we sent out 36 Christmas Cards because it was "Baby's First Christmas." This year my oldest has lost his two front teeth so I see many Christmas Cards in our future!
What a great idea.
I'll definitely browse around & see what's out there.
I love the cards - how cute.
Those card designs are fabulous!
I always love the idea of sending something more personal than just a store bought card....I'm just not as creative! I usually send out 30 or so Christmas cards every year.
Love the cards! We sent out maybe six last year, but plan to do better this year.
I'd love to participate in the Support Crafty Moms idea. I have a small home-based business and yes, it's feeling the economic pinch!
Thanks Nester!
I sent out about 100 and they were from Etsy! I love Etsy! Great givewaway--
I only sent about 25 Christmas cards last year...only sending them back to those who sent them to me, and as we had recently wed and moved, not everyone had our address.
With a new baby, though, I do want to send everybody cards and pictures... and what a charming way of combining them! I would LOVE to win this!
The cards are super cute!! I sent out about 100 cards last year...WHEW! I plan to do it again this year!
Greetings from beautiful Oregon. What a wonderful giveaway. Taking the time to send a card is a for sure hug when you can't be there in person.
i love the pleated poppy shirt...that is adorable and i love the link you provided for that small world website. thanks for sharing!
I cut waay back and sent out about 20 cards. I'd just love to send out handmade ones this year! :)Nancy
The cards are darling! Give a ways ROCK!
I definitely support the support of women entrepreneurs!! :) I always send out Christmas cards -- usually at least 50-60! Love to be entered in this fantastic giveaway!
Blessings,
Stacey
Love the giveaways!!! And love that you are showing us all the fun, creative items people are making.
I sent out zero Christmas cards last year. Very sad. But Loved getting them and hopefully, this year, I will get mine out!
M
ohhhhhhh PICK ME PICK ME
What great ideas! I love the cards!
How cute!
I think I sent out about 100.
Between Mr. Sasha's giant family, my sorority sisters and Mr. Sasha's college football teammates, that's a lot of people!
I, like you, never win anything BUT thought I'd give a try! Super cute cards. . . I'd love a personalized Holiday card to send out:) I sent out about 80 last year. . .
Yay OH Yay! I love me a good giveaway! I sent out about 40 last year. Which was really good for me because the previous years were anywhere from 0-4. Haha!! But I am getting better. I would love to use these for birthday invites as both of my children were born after Christmas. Thanks so much and encourage EVERYONE to buy HOMEMADE!!! :-)
I too love supporting indie businesses, and this year I'm taking the handmade pledge for Christmas (mostly doing the handmade stuff myself).
As for the cards, I think I sent out about 25 last year. This year, maybe less since I don't have a lot of extra time with a baby. Thanks for supporting mom-run businesses!
Fun giveaway..I send about 60 each year.
very cute cards--I think we sent out around 40 cards. Angie :)
I'm glad you found my blog today! Thanks for leaving me a note. (o:
Sweet giveaways - I'm actually debating on whether or not to do one on Friday. I'm afraid no one will participate in it and it will be a big dud. )o:
I'm feelin' lucky!
Hey there Nester, I would be TICKLED PINK to offer something from one of my shops for a give away for your faithful followers. You can come take a gander at what I have at www.thetuliplady.etsy.com
as well as www.tulipgirls.etsy.com
Thanks for the great post, I second and third your comments. Have a happy day!
I sent out zero last year, too. My intentions were always to send them, but you know how intentions sometime go....BUT, if I win this giveaway, I will be SO motivated to send some out this year!
Thanks so much Nester for recognizing 'small home based businesses needs'.
These cards are precious and would LOVE to win.
Hope to find a way to "link-advertise" next week. With your wonderful creativity, I have no doubt you'll come up with the perfect name for the day.
Appreciate the opportunity so very much.
Blessings today and always,
Kaye
Zero Christmas cards for me in 2007. Hopefully this year I will do better.
How about "Handmade for the Holidays?" Sounds good to me.
Awesome cards!! Last year I sent out about 50 cards. I always do the photo card that always has the preprinted message so I don't even have to sign.
What about the Christmas Letter? I've never done one, but really do love reading them. Love to know what people think of the "Letter".
197? Did I send that many cards? I think not. But a nice round 100 is about what I'll stick to. 197 is my lucky number, though. Seriously. As of tonite.
Cute! And I am so excited that you are going to feature little shop owners!! Well, I may not own a shop...but I do make handmade stuff! You are just so great!!!
I sent out about 35 cards. I still have one for a friend that got returned due to a wrong address--maybe I'll just include it with this year's??
yea for contest!
Oh, And I sent out about 40 cards. A lot in my husband's opinion, but most of my friends and family said, "Only 40? What's wrong with you?"
Hey, can you have a discussion about returns? I would love to buy cute, handmade, one-of-a-kind stuff, but I'm big on providing a gift receipt. I want the recipient to enjoy their gift, and it seems like a waste of money if they're not going to enjoy what I give them.
Can we discuss? Should I stop worrying about whether or not they'll like the gift and just believe that it's the thought that counts?
Post a Comment