I had never heard of it so I went over and checked it out....too cool! It looks like something I should try when the kids are sleeping and I have some time to play! Thanks! -Kim
There are some upset Etsy artists because people on Polyvore have stolen their artwork, and even changed it around without their permission. You are supposed to link each photo to the original source, and they haven't done that, so beware if you have something that someone might take!
Oh yes, it is totally fun! There is a huge debate going on at Etsy right now about people using copywrited art and remanipulating it. So, for the art thing, it's wrong but for decorating and outfits and such, it is super fun!
You're a lifesaver. I'm watching the Panthers game right now with much excitement, BUT the husband is asleep next to me on the couch (shocking) which means I've got the laptop. Now I have something mindless to play with during commercials! For real, the timing is waaaay too perfect.
Yes! There is a big controversy going on with images being taken from other sites without permission. You can see an example here: http://afancifultwist.typepad.com/a_fanciful_twist/2009/01/i-rarely-get-upset-but-when-i-do.html#more You will have to cut and paste the link to A Fanciful Twist but it interesting to read how her images and work were taken and manipulated without her knowledge or permission. I don't think anyone wants this happening to things they work so hard on
Oh boy! So I can get all of the pieces in my head pasted in one spot? How great is that? This will go a long way to decluttering my brain!
I miss you girl! Didn't leave a comment on your million comment post but I spent this last tuesday night at Barnes and Noble with a bag of 72% chocolates and bottled water and that exact book! We had a House Beautiful Date night... just that little decorators bible and me (and a girlfriend for conversation). SUCH a great book!
23 comments:
I had never heard of it so I went over and checked it out....too cool! It looks like something I should try when the kids are sleeping and I have some time to play!
Thanks!
-Kim
Fun! I usually end up making wishlists for my wardrobe on it.
I could definitely have fun with this! Thanks for the heads up!
There are some upset Etsy artists because people on Polyvore have stolen their artwork, and even changed it around without their permission. You are supposed to link each photo to the original source, and they haven't done that, so beware if you have something that someone might take!
Oh yes, it is totally fun! There is a huge debate going on at Etsy right now about people using copywrited art and remanipulating it. So, for the art thing, it's wrong but for decorating and outfits and such, it is super fun!
laura, the great part is that everything should be automatically linked! A win for everyone!
You're a lifesaver. I'm watching the Panthers game right now with much excitement, BUT the husband is asleep next to me on the couch (shocking) which means I've got the laptop. Now I have something mindless to play with during commercials! For real, the timing is waaaay too perfect.
YES! I LOVE Polyvore- love it.
Very cool! Thanks for giving me more ways to waste my time ('cuz that was just what I needed!)!
cool. i had never heard of it. i just found out about scrapblog!
Never heard of it..but I will check it out:)!
Happy Weekend! Sandy toe
Ahhh, you just kept a bored wife of a deployed soldier from going in the kitchen and finishing the pan of brownies, he thanks you, I'm sure!
Yes! There is a big controversy going on with images being taken from other sites without permission. You can see an example here: http://afancifultwist.typepad.com/a_fanciful_twist/2009/01/i-rarely-get-upset-but-when-i-do.html#more
You will have to cut and paste the link to A Fanciful Twist but it interesting to read how her images and work were taken and manipulated without her knowledge or permission. I don't think anyone wants this happening to things they work so hard on
Doood. Too much fun! I'm posting my "creation" tomorrow a.m. if you'd like to see. :)
Oooh yes -- here's me: http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/profile?id=164446
I should do some more, now that I think about it ^_^
No clue but I am on my way over to take a peek.
Very cool...now the house will never get clean!
This is way to much fun!! I am using it already. I am in the middle of making a set but have to get to bed. Thanks for the tip!!!
;) jody
Oh boy! So I can get all of the pieces in my head pasted in one spot? How great is that? This will go a long way to decluttering my brain!
I miss you girl! Didn't leave a comment on your million comment post but I spent this last tuesday night at Barnes and Noble with a bag of 72% chocolates and bottled water and that exact book! We had a House Beautiful Date night... just that little decorators bible and me (and a girlfriend for conversation). SUCH a great book!
Thank you for posting this! I had seen it before, but couldn't remember the name. I need to get up to speed on this & use it!
See you soon at Blissdom!
How fun is that? I love seeing the mix of materials and colors... the pics are great for getting you out of a design funk!
I love to Polyvore. I can spend hours there, which is not always a good thing, but it is always fun. Sometimes quite inspiring.
what an addicting game!
Post a Comment