This giveaway is now closed.
You know how people buy those books to simply sit and look pretty on their coffee tables? This is not one of those books. It's The Home Book by House Beautiful and I use it like an encyclopedia.
This book is a resource and like the Velveteen Rabbit it should be loved on and worn over time. I feel sorry for anyone who keeps this book in pristine condition.

If you think you would like to own this book and promise to love it and cherish it and USE it till death do you part--then enter to win one! Just leave a comment {make sure there is a way for me to email you} and the winner will be announced Monday.
Want to enter more than once? Vote for Chatting at the Sky and come back here and leave another comment telling what number vote you were for her. You can vote once every 24 hours so yes, you can enter once every 24 hours. Leave a comment for each entry that you have because I'm not that organized. Make sense?
FYI: a fan of one of the other blogs in the Small Blog category contacted a real life star that they knew, pulled a few strings and she has agreed to thank each person who votes for one of the other blogs listed. All in good fun but it's still worth voting for Chatting at the Sky! Any one know Patrick Dempsey?
1,081 comments:
1 – 200 of 1081 Newer› Newest»I would love that book!!!
On my honor I promise to use, love, and cherish the heck out of that book. Pick me, pick me.
Oh me, me, me! Please promise to leave your notes in, Nester! My fingers are crossed. My toes are crossed. My arms are crossed. Very tricky to type!!
I could surely use that book :)
I voted for Emily vote #1165 tonight and I voted last night and the night before too!
Cherish is the operative word!!!
That book would help our new home so much....it seems so empty!!!
That book looks wonderful. And we totally need to do a table top post, I could use a little help in that area! Sign me up for this one.
I was vote #1,167 tonight, and I've voted for the last 3 days. Yea Emily!!
-Hayley
Who wouldn't love that book? And sign me up twice because I just voted and was #1,168!
Oh Nester! me! me! me!
I use my pottery barn books constantly and they are not even 1/100th as cool as that book. Please post the info on where to find it to purchase--i'm afraid luck doesn't run in these veins. :)
I logged on to vote for your sister and low and behold! I saw this giveaway. Go Chatting at the Sky!
Are you serious? i'd LOVE that book!
I would LOVE to have this book! Looks great!
I pinky swear promise I will love, honor and respect it till death do us part. Love your blog. I'm an innocent stalker.
I would love that book! Really, really love it!
(And I voted. I was number 1171)
Also voted :) #1172.
I was voter #1,173 for chatting at the sky...
I want that book, I want that book, I want that book!
ooohhhh........I love books. I promise to use it but not abuse it! I'll love, honor and cherish and probably obey as well.
Thanks!
Thank you, Nester. I'd love it.
Awesome! Looks like a great book!
if that book works for you it would work for me!
vipperman5@msn.com
Oh, if that book helped you with your decorating, it might help me! Please enter me in the drawing! I voted for your sister just a few hours ago so can't do it now. I'll be back with my voting number when I can vote again!
we.are.country@gmail.com
Oh i would LOVE that book!! Jess10284@gmail.com
That's one book I don't have in my library. I think I NEEEED it, WANT it, and now that you've shown it to me, I CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT it!
I was voter # 1,178. I voted yesterday as well but of course I do not remember what vote # I was :) I plan to vote every day for her! Shes in 3rd right now!
#7806
Emaily Does have a lovely blog.
And...yes....I do NEED this book.
I'll keep voting, but it is fun to have a selfish incentive too.
Okay I love looking at your blog, I never leave a comment, and I don't have a reason why. Now I feel almost mean leaving a comment just to win, but I really want that book. I did vote for your sister earlier, I really love her blog too. She is amazing at taking pictures, my husband makes fun of me because I'm always looking at both your blogs and he finds it weird that I don't even know you, but I always tell him I know we would be friends... okay now I just sound crazy but I'm really not, I promise.
I'm so intrigued. I'd love that book!!
Vote #1180 and I voted yesterday too. I just got into blogging and love your blog. I don't know anything about how to decorate and I'm finding it extremely inspiring! I soooooo need this book that it's not even funny! I need serious decorating help. We moved into a bigger house and I'm finding that it just doesn't feel like "home". I need to make it more inviting and more lived-in. I don't want it to be perfect....just beautiful!!
Kristin from TX
If anyone needs that book it's ME!
AgnusDeiHmschl(at)gmail(dot)com
Please put me in the drawing for the book! My friend T and I would have a ball with it! I already voted for your sister tomorrow...Ill come back tomorrow after I have voted again! We cant let that rumproast win!
Wow, that looks like a great book. Thank you for giving us a chance to own that wonderful thing!
"got 1 + plus twins?" checking in to say I would love love love that book and I voted the last 3 days for your sis and today my vote number was 1181.
I just went and voted again for your sis. Will continue to do so. Would love to own this book.
Thanks for doing this!
Oh, it said I was #1182 in voting for your sis!
I would love this book! I have your blog bookmarked on my iphone so that when im out shopping and need some inspiration... there you are!
Thank you
PS I voted for your sister...#1186
Oh, PLEASE pick me - I promise to love and cherish and abuse it until the bitter end. We moved into our house in June and I'm sad to say it's STILL not a home yet. Our walls are garish white, our furniture is from the '80s and there are no pictures on the walls or adorable nick-nacks on our coffee tables - we need serious inspiration and HELP.
I was vote #7,867. Unfortunately Rumproast is burning everyone's bootay.
It's past time for me to turn this house into a home. I'd love this book!
Decorating is such a scary thing for me, I was glad to find your blog last week. The book sounds very intriguing....!
I would so love that book. But, I never win anything. Even if I vote for your sister. Watch, I'll prove it.
p.s. speaking of fabric, check out my post on using the back of fabric!
OK, I was #1187. I have never won anything in my entire life. But it's fun trying I guess!
Sorry, that's 1186, and that's #7898 total. Duh.
I'm #1190 on Chatting...I voted the other day too :)
I'd use the book, make it go with me in the car,, and maybe even have it in the bedroom sometimes...ohhh!! I gotta have it!
I need it!! pick me!
alisa
I am sooo crossing my fingers.
And I vited for chattin...but I would have anyway (and already have before I read this).
Today though, just now I was number 1194.
That book sounds amazing!
Oh my goodness. I've been eyeing that book in Barnes and Noble for awhile!! Please pick me. I am about to go vote again so I'll have more chances!!
Yes, I want that book!
(and promise to use it)
What a great book! I didn't even know I needed it until I saw it! Smile! :)
I voted for Chatting at the Sky earlier today...does that count? And the day before that and the day before that!
Oh my, I would LOVE that book!
First time posting, but you sold me on that book! I'd love to have a chance to read it free of charge. ;)
And I voted for your sister, #1195 for her and #7956 overall.
Oh and I just voted for your sis's blog...1197!
Oops I meant #1196. :)
I would love to have a copy of that book. It would be put to good use (and not as a coffee table book.) I would make sure that it earns it's keep around our house!
-Libby
libby.blessingsandglory(at)gmailDOTcom
I'd love a chance at that book for my newly renovated house! I'll be looking for it in a bookstore too!
Tried voting for your sis but apparently I haven't waited a full 24 hrs yet. Ah well.
Donna in BC Canada
graphicimpact@shaw.ca
Forgot to mention - I voted tonight as well. Vote # 1,197 for Chatting and #7,972 overall.
-Libby
If this book is your inspiration, I NEED this book!
I voted...#1,198! I would love up on that book like nobody's business!!! I am kinda obsessed with decor books, but I do not have this one. And I NEED it!
Fingers Crossed ~ Amanda
Oooh purdy!!! I NEED THAT! :D I will love and cherish it and when I die it'll be super worn.
We are looking to purchase a new home and I am lovingly referring to it as The Mystery House...it has a STRANGE layout. But I have a good imagination....and maybe with this book I can really make it look beautiful!
It would be a great book to be able to use!
Wowsaas! I would LOVE that book and yes, I would read it, use it, love it, cherish it, carry it, um....dog ear the pages and still come back to it. LOL!
I just voted about 10 minutes ago for your sister! Next time I'll have to log my #.
I would love some eye candy...yum!
Oh, yes, I'd love that book and look at it all the time!
I voted too #1201
One more thing, do we get all the super sticky note on the side so we can learn your best kept secrets? Please.
I would love the book and could really use it!!!
Holly, Kyiv
ahrist@yahoo.com
Please enter me. I would love to win! I was voter #1202.
Thanks!
Jennifer
I would be so grateful to win this book! I love your blog!!!
sugarandspice1066@comcast.net
Can I have all your notes, too? I'll need some help!
... And I'm vote # 1203!
What a fun looking book! princesslimey (at) gmail (dot) com
I want to play!
I HEART this book...I promise to give it a good home. For "The Mrs." whose luck runs cold (like mine--but we have to try, don't we?) below is a link to the book on Amazon.
http://www.amazon.com/House-Beautiful-Home-Book-Creating/dp/1588166031/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1231398409&sr=8-1
this is the best book ever. my favorite this year I think.
I would love the book! I always drool over it at barnes and noble!
Great book- And I love the plethora of sticky notes!
I so need this book! I was desperately trying to be creative and bought some wonderful things in after Christmas sales, all the time wondering what "Creative Others" would actually do with them. A book like this wouldn't look at me like I was crazy if I asked it some questions, right? Not like those ladies who moved quickly on down the aisle?
I would cherish the beejeebers out of that book. Seriously. We would be joined at the hip. Plus, if I don't win, I'll just have to buy it and you don't want to feel guilty for me spending money do you? HUH? What would Dave Ramsey think?
I voted for Emily (every day!) and my vote is 1208. We need to get on the ball though. Rumproast is waaaaaaaaaay out in the lead. Not that I have anything against Rumproast. I'm just sayin.
OMG...I would love so much to win this...I just built a house and need to add lots of love to it...I am not a crafty person and really need lots of help in this area...Bloggers have really been my House Bible from since this past August...now please pick me!
Oh yeah I went to your sisters voting place and I am 1212 and I think it said 14.8 % voted so far. I have been voting ever since yu told us which has been from the start. I am hoping she wins!
Ok again I would love this! Fingers and Toes crossed!
Would love that book!
I voted..#1215!
I would love your book as we move 16th Feb into our new home ...my vote 8215 xoxo
Tracy From Jersey CI UK
i would love to win this
i voted today too
i was vote number 1217!
Can I just that I would LOVe to have that book to get me started on some great decorations for the house.
voted #1219
It looks wonderful, I would love one! What a great giveaway
Voted! #1,220
I just found your blog a month or so ago and I absolutely love it. I am a wife and mother of two from NC living overseas trying to make my home a haven for my family. Decorating is definitely a challenge here and I need all the help I can get.
Heather
hwilson25@hotmail.com
I would love to own that book and I promise to cherish it. Thanks for the chance!
#1,222
i would love to have that book!
Ooh! that book would definitely be used in my home!! :) you NEED a bible to make a Military house look like a home :-/
this would be lovely to have.
This book looks awesome! I'd love one! Pick me! :)
I was #1213 voting for your sister.
Ooh, it looks so cool -- I'd love it!
Sheesh! Look at all of these comments! I promise to love, love, love my book!
Kimba
And I voted for Emily today! Vote early! Vote often!
I was number 8361. Wow--rumproast's votes are crazy.....what happened?
Melanie
I would love to win any book on home decor that you recommend. I love your taste, you garland-meister.
Melanie
Thank you for such an inspiring home-decorating blog. It definitely helps with the baby blues of not having a salaried career anymore. Oh yes, please put me in your book raffle!
Oh, I would so love that book! I NEED to know how to dress up this house!
Jenn@mjray.com
DO WANT! :)
Yea, #1229 - I need that book!
oohhh..I want and need that book. And I will make sure it'll look well used pretty quickly!
I swear on a stack of house bibles to love and cherish the book and may it be worn over time! And I am voting faithfully for Emily so I am going to keep entering! Pick me!
Wow. I need ... no... my house desperately needs this book.
I am a new reader- I love your website and I love my little home. I think it could benefit from my owning a book like this- Please consider me!
Jodi
mjodi11@yahoo.com
looks like a fantastic book. I also love my books in the dog-eared, post-it note kind of way.
Oh Boy!! Love that book and need it desparately!! Thank you so much for the giveaway!! I was #1233 to vote this morning!!
I could SO use that book to jazz things up around here a bit!
I would love it...and read it desperately! Oh, and I was vote #1232!
Count me in!
Oh I so need that book! Please enter me
Peace and Blessings
Cheryl...Snatch JOY!
Hi, I'd love to be in. Although I am not sure you ship internationally. I just voted (again) for Emily but forgot to note the numer. I actually found out I can vote for her twice a day. I log in at work and at home. So at least 6 votes are mine ;-)
Doesn't look however that she is going to make it, this Rumproast guy is doing way to good. But I am doing my best to keep her in second place.
Greetings
I need that book! Okay, I don't need it like I need water or air but I think it would help me a lot:)
Oh please count me in and I voted for the last few days but for today I was 8434 overall.
Have a wonderful day,
Tam
voter # 1237 Good Luck Emily!
That book looks like the answer to all my decorating prayers--of course I would love it and use it!!! Pick me, pick me!!!
I would love the heck out of that book. I voted for Emily this morning and I was vote 1129, I think, but I've already forgotten for sure since I switched over to your site! You'll just have to trust me, I guess. I've been voting every day! Whether she wins or not, I know that the Lord is pleased with her...
I would love it and use it and fill it with post it notes.
Would love the book!
I solemly swear to love and use it. Please enter me. Thanks
Lorri
I would put this lovely book under my pillow every night in the hopes that all the wonderful insight and creativity would soak into my brain by osmosis while I was sleeping at night! Thanks for the fun give away!!
I have been voting! I am sooo pulling for her.
* #8478 *
:)
I would use it to shreds...oh, wait, that was my puppy talking! No, I'd use it too!!!
I would love that book! Sign me up!
I'd be interested in that book too! I think I'll go check it out at the bookstore. Wonder if the library has a copy of it. I *heart* our library!
Oh..what a great book..I have never heard of this one..I love how you put "candy for your eye"..that is just great!
-sandy toe
I voted for Emily again - #1,244
Thank you for the chance to own this magnificent book! I promise to cherish (and use) it! :)
Loving the look of that book...It would be great for the cottage too!!
I want that book! I have a new house and am struggling with what to do in EVERY room!
I have been voting for Emily, and I'll be right back after I vote today! I would use the heck out of that book and looooove it forever.
I would love to win the book!
Abby
I would so use that book!
Me likey!! Please pick me!!!
Would love to own this book! I've heard of it before but didn't realize how resourceful it was. I would definitely read it and use it cover to cover.
Okay, I voted less than 24 hours ago, so it won't let me do it again. But, I did vote, really!
I'll try again and come back, but in the meantime please enter me! :)
That looks like an awesome book! I clearly need some help. I have a vision in my head of how I want to do things but it translates quite differently when I try to put the plan into action!
I voted #1254 for your sis!
langston6 at juno.com
I promise to love it, cherish it, and USE it!
I promise to love the book should I win!
Michele
Please stop by I have an award for you
Peace and Blessings
Cheryl..Snatch Joy
I would LOVE to have and USE that book!!!
I would LOVE to win that book!
langston6 at juno.com
Oh I don't have the book but I'd love one! Now if I can restrain myself from ordering it until I see if I win.
I voted but not sure what number. After I voted it said that there had been 8,547 votes total!
I would love this book! I need all the help I can get!
scherenfamily@yahoo.com
I'd love to love your book.
I was vote #1,260! Thanks for letting me enter again!
scherenfamily@yahoo.com
Okay, I was vote 1258 for Emily!! This is the second time I've voted for her, and girls, we've got to start voting!! Have you seen the others?!?! Blech!! That Rumproast blog has over 4 thousand votes!!! And Nice Deb has over 1600 right now! Who actually reads these?? They're yucky!! Make everyone you know vote for Emily!
Oh please, please pick me!
I Sherri, take thee Home Book...
I promise to love, honor and cherish you, until death do us part!
I've been voting for "Chatting at the Sky" every day. Number 1259 for her today! We're going to have to get really busy to beat this rumproast person!
I need help. I need the book. I promise to cherish it and use it and love it.
Another one would love to have that book!
I'll never win, but I would love, honor and cherish that book. I have a large, older home and am always looking for ideas! Thanks for the great giveaway!
i want and MORE IMPORTANTLY NEED THAT BOOK. i need all the help i can get. :)
i do that to all of the books that i use all of the time, sticky notes everywhere.
thanks for offering such a great giveaway.
I would definitely use and love that book!!!
Love your blog and love that book!
oh please enter me. i'd like that book!
I also voted, #1262. :)
As I have no natural decorating skills that book will not sit idle. jen v
i have the entire pottery barn design library, minus the one on floral arranging... all of which were purchased seperately, for under $40 total cost, on ebay, of course! my husband had no idea what a bargain that was! and, i lived inside them for weeks last year as we waited to close on our next house! i did just see this book in barnes and noble, and it looked great!
i OF COURSE voted for your sister. both of your blogs are great. i think you should have been out there too to vote on. but at least someone in the family has been nominated so that DOES count for a lot.
anyway
i voted
total votes 8597 -- your sis had 1264 votes at was at 14.7
looking at a couple of nominees out there.......i just dunno, not that i'm hating on them, but i love your sister's blog so much more.
thanks again for the giveway.
and i'm still loving my tassle
That looks very useful! All my library's decorating books are from past decades with B&W pictures or severely outdated color schemes. I'd love to use this book instead! :)
NESTER, I NEED THIS BOOK!! ME!!! ME!!!
Looks FANTASTIC!
And I was number 8, 601... she's in second place now.
I would use the heck out of that book! Also, I was voter #1,264 for Chatting at the Sky. Vote early and often!
Oh yes! Please count me in :)
YES! YeS! YES! Just what I need to help me pull my house together!
wendyjason@bellsouth.net
I'd love that book - I promise to ABUSE it ... pinky swear :)
What a great resource that book would be!
Plan to vote again today. Fingers crossed for her.
Jessica
info@mythoughtexactly.net
Pick me, pick me!
I would love a chance to win this book... please enter me in. Love your blog. LindaSonia (baddabinda@yahoo.com)
Please pick me! I'd love the book!
I voted # 1,267!! This book looks fantastic! Thanks!
Andrea
Andrea.Dreyfus@gmail.com
Oh I would love that book, it would be so helpful.
Of course, I voted for your sister - #8622.
sign me up! I'd love it to death!
Oh! Oh! Pick me! Pick me! I need all the help I can get when it comes to new ideas.
Please include me and I apologize if I am commenting twice but I was distracted the first time and don't see my first comment. LOL!
I am voter # 1,268..I love your blog it has inspired me. Hope you win and me too.
Nice book!
I was 1,271
I was number 8679
I spent an entire date night with this book instead of my husband. At Barnes and Noble. I would love to win. Love your blog.
fuhrmon@gmail.com
Voted for little sis #1272.Love her too.
I voted twice for your sister, but the last time I voted was less than 24 hours ago, so I don't know what number I was.
Great idea to drum up voters, who is this rumproast anyway!? And why does he/she think they are going to win! :)
I love your sister's blog...and yours too!
# 8648
I was 1274... and thanks for the reminder.. I voted yesterday and wanted to remember to vote every day!!
Oh, and the book would be nice too, but not as nice as a WIN!!!
I NEED that book!
Ooh, I don't have this book. Looks good.
I cast vote #1,278, I think. Numbers fly out of my head so easily that now I'm second-guessing my memory on that. But it was somewhere in that range!
Hope she wins. Love your sister's blog!! :-)
Also - 1279!
Great give-away - hope I win =)!
Gretchen N.
gretnel@hotmail.com
Post a Comment