This is not a 10 Minutes to a Room You'll Love post. My apologies. For some reason I assumed that since I was speaking at Blissdom I would die or never make it through the weekend. I have barely even put thought into the remainder of my life. And now, it's over, I survived and life goes on.
I only took 3 photos because I was too caught up in bloggy greatness. If you were there and we met, I adore you. If you were there and we didn't meet, I wish we would have met. I am a little on the introverted side and stuck with Melissa and my sister as much as possible. I was also consumed with me and my big nerves up until we had to do our session {of course ours was last!} so I feel like I couldn't enjoy everything like I wanted to. If you wanted to go and couldn't come, know it's worth going next year. And if you didn't go and didn't want to go and are tired of hearing me talk about it and want to read about housy stuff then come back tomorrow and we'll jump right back in!
Want to read more about Blissdom? Find out what these ladies are saying:
Emily, my multi-talented sister and her photos
Rhoda at Southern Hospitality
Kristen at We Are THAT Family
Sandy at 4 Reluctant Entertainers {she had dinner at Meredith's house!}
Edie from Life in Grace {I especially like her description of me, feel free to print it out and frame it}
Amber at the run-a-muck
Susie Harris at Bienvenue
Jen our carpool/IRL friend who wore thrift all weekend
Jo-Lynne is doing a Blissdom Recap Mr. Linky
And DENISE at Living Life Creatively she made the BIRD!
Thanks for the photo Deanna!And lastly, I have the best sister in the universe. She is fun, she is personable, she is hilarious, she is wise, she makes laugh until I tee tee.
Oh, and also, thank you to Sandy {this woman will be famous one day}, Melissa and Emliy for putting up with my SNORING! I snored people.
62 comments:
Aww...it wasn't that bad. Great photo at the top. I have photo envy. You're the best. Miss you.
I am glad that your speaking thing went well and you survived! But more importantly, I think you need to take a time-out from the decorating posts to do a tutorial on hair. I mean, it is cuh-razy how great your hair looks in everyone's pictures! And if you say all you do is wash it and let it air-dry, I'm giving up and getting a buzz cut tomorrow.
WHAT GREAT PICTURES. I'M SURE YOU WERE A TERRIFIC SPEAKER, AND ALL ENJOYED WHAT YOU HAD TO SHARE.SO GLAD ALL WHO WERE ABLE TO GO SEEMED TO COME HOME BLESSED IN ONE FORM OR ANOTHER. AND YOU GOT TO SPEND TIME WITH YOUR SISTER. THAT IN ITSELF IS ALWAYS WONDERFUL.
THOSE OF US WHO STAYED HOME ALL HAVE BLISS ENVY.
NEXT YEAR, NEXT YEAR!
HUGS FROM MAINE
http://sophie4me.blogspot.com/
Hey girly-girl! I'm so glad we got to hang out a bit. I only wish we had more time. The weekend flew by and before I knew it, we were all back at home.
Kimba
oooooooooh, you make me wish I was there! What do you think? Next year???
OH YEAH, How did your "speaking" go??? Do tell.
I'm so glad to hear it went well...although, I didn't doubt it for a moment. I wish I could have been there.
...And I second Amber's motion to hear about your hair secrets. Seriously, your hair always looks amazing :).
I seriously need to see you more than once a year.
Love you. Love your sister.
You are the real deal, I love and appreciate that so much.
And I want two of those birds, where can I find them?
So glad to hear ya'll had FUN! I can't wait to hear how your speaking thingy went!
Did you mean to say "total BILSS"? or are you still hung over from all the Bloggy Bliss?
Hello,
So glad your speaking part of the convention went well. I don't like to public speak myself, so GOOD for you !!
I was just over at Rhoda's and saw you all had a wonderful time.
All the best,
Kathy :)
jokaj@comcast.net
Nester,
I LOVE YOU!!!!! How did you get a post up already? And how did everyone else do it?
I too am amazed we survived. Next time, let's leave the speaking to the professionals and just have fun.
Miss you already!
xox
Melissa
How cool to have the opportunity to meet lots of wonderful women!! I RAN downstairs this morning to grab hints for the new room I will be rediscovering! :) But I certainly did enjoy this post too!
Don't they video or tape these things?! I'm sure many of us would give up eating for a week or so to afford them.
Thanks for the links. I'm looking forward to some vicarious Blissdom by reading about ya'll's great time there.
It was a pleasure seeing you again over blueberry pancakes and HBC. You girls are so much fun! Glad your Blissdom chat went well. Wish we had a group photo to share but maybe next time. Hugs, M
Good morning to you! Are you feeling like me...weird? I feel as though I just cant get back into the swing of things. My faimly wants me...I want them of course and I miss yall. Im ready to jump in with both feet and make my blog the best it can be. My problem is ..Im a tad bit lazy. I said it! Its true! Im ready now to put my Bliss into action and step it up a notch. Thank you for being so real and true.. we adore you just the way you are~ Cant wait till next year and maybe I can leave the nerves and jitters at home and just enjoy some company with great friends~ Miss yall already!
hi friend - thanks for putting up with all the convo on the way home, even though you were exhausted....just emailed you. Have my recap post up. :)
Hi, friend! Loved meeting you & hanging out, going to dinner, etc. It was a blast of a weekend & I would do it again in a minute. Your genuineness showed at every moment & it was great to see the real person behind the blog.
Welcome home! Wish I could have peaked in on ya'll! Looks like fun!
Thanks for sharing the trip with me!
So much fun! Oh how I wish I could have come. I really hope I can swing it next year! Glad you made it through your presentation ;-) As if anyone (aside from you) had any doubt.
So glad you had a great time! I'm sure you are relieved to have it all behind you now! What topics did you speak on...I hope you will share some on your blog for those of us who couldn't go...we'd love to hear your tips! Welcome home! :-)
I'm so glad y'all let me crash the party! I am so planning on actually ATTENDING next year! : )
You did an awesome job speaking. I know, because I was there. A quick thank you also for inviting me to sit with you and your peeps for breakfast on Saturday. I was feeling a little back-in-high-school-where-am-I-gonna-sit and felt very welcome by you. Thanks!
I am LOVING reading everyone's posts about Blissdom. Almost makes me feel like I was there...well, maybe not, but that's all I've got! I am sooooooo going next year. Bliss, bliss, bliss!
BTW, I'm with Amber on the hair thing. Your hair ALWAYS looks ultra fabulous. JEALOUS.
~Amanda
Oh. my. goodness.
I was just over at 4 Reluctant Entertainers and saw a picture where you have ragamuffined a purse.
Seriously?
Nester, you are TOO CUTE for words!!!!!
Tomorrow I will be blogging about my new fabulous and beautiful bedroom, complete w/a homemade comforter and mistreated curtains.
Please stop by! (it is a work in progress)
It sounds like you had a wonderful time! Lucky you!!!
Jen
How fun...I have seen your picture around all morning on other blogs! I think YOU will be "star" one day! Sounds like such a wonderful time and I love that you all just sat on the beds and TALKED...priceless!
-sandy toe
I wish I could have been there. Well, maybe not for the "snoring" part. LOL I'm glad you made it through the weekend!
-Kim
So glad you had a good time. I've been seeing pictures of you & your new found friends all around & hate to say I'm pea green with envy. (Channeling Scarlett for a moment.)
Glad you made it back safe & sound.
I read what Edie said about you and thought well, of course! I would expect nothing less! Love you both!
i'm glad you had such a wonderful time!
also, for valentines day i am letting my favorite bloggers know that i enjoy subscribing to their blog, and want to say thank you for sharing such great ideas!!
happy valentine's day!
(here is a little image too http://i41.tinypic.com/fkceog.jpg)
I'm so glad you had a good time. I've enjoyed looking at everyone's pics of Blissdom on their blogs. I did a post this morning about being jealous of ya'll. Please check it out. I really want to go next year.
Deb
One of my favorite moments at Blissdom....when you brought your sweet self to my table to hug and meet each other IRL. I am amazed by your humility and your genuine interest in others. You're so giving with your self and with your time. God bless your sweet tender heart and may He shower you with the joy and love that you so graciously give others. I love ya!
oh nester - do you know i'd put up w/your snoring again, any time, any place? i love your wit and zip and zest for life. you are going to go far - you are authentic and real. seriously, i think you talk was my fave. love you!
Yall look like you had such a great time! I really wish I could have gone.
I loved meeting you. Next time, let's talk!
I was just reading Sandy's Blissdom post on RE and she posted a picture of your group of ladies at the conference. Is that a ragamuffin PURSE you were holding?!? It's unique and fabulous! Leave it to Nester to take home decor to a fashion accessory. :)
I can't imagine how much fun it must have been.
And I LOVE LOVE LOVE that little bird!
You're adorable. And you did GREAT on your panel. Too bad you had to wait till the end. I'll be in that boat at She Speaks. GACK! Oh well. :)
i am so glad yall had a super get-together...BUT, we need to know more about that purse thing you are sporting in the last picture on Rhoda's blog..did you make that Nester?????????????
That looks like it was so much fun. I stayed home so I could wake up to a monstrous snow storm today. Yes, specifically for that event. I am in ecstasies over skipping a girl weekend for snow, but then I am even MORE introverted than you and socially inhibited to boot, and would have felt like a dork the whole time and hiding in dark corners.
Oh yes, and I say also do a tutorial on your hair. How much frizz-eze do you use in Humidityville, South?
Hey stranger! Glad that you had a wonderful time... when are you all going to come hang out? Just let us know when!!!
It was so good to meet you. You and your sister are so sweet. Kim is hilarious as are you. I did meet my deadline, thanks for asking. Your pictures are adorable.
It looks like you guys all had a GREAT time! And, I feel the EXACT same way about my sister :)
I'll be back to check you out tomorrow.
Did you just say "laugh until you tee tee?" ?? :-) Maybe I'll try that one out on the job tomorrow and see what kind of reaction I get from all the carpenters, painters, and plasterers?
I'm glad you had a great time and welcome back to 'real life'!
One of my biggest regrets about the weekend was that I didn't get to hang out with you more. Next time, maybe! You are doing such a good job!
So happy that you all had such a great time! I have heard that you did a great job with your presentation! The Lazy Moms are planning on going next year!
Of course, you know you were the highlight of my trip. I just knew you were going to be sweet, sweet, sweet--just like the tea in the south. And somebody famous loving something I made--you have no idea how much I needed that. God has given you a gift; thank you for being willing to share it with the rest of us.
Love, one of your birds
Yea! Good to have y'all "back". Was thinking about you all over the weekend. Kelly
It was awesome meeting you in person. You're like me, I only took 4 pictures... think you were in a few of them! I'm still working on my re-cap post. You are fast! You and your sister were just great. Oh man does she crack me up!! You must have had some stories growing up:-)
So wish I could have been there, I only live 2.5 hours from Nash-Vegas, but maybe I'll be able to make it next year. Would have loved to have met all the lovely blogging gals I write with every day:)
Enjoyed your blog. BTW, we are GIVING AWAY A FREE FRAME on our blog in celebration of our 1 year blogiversary. Come and check it out to win:)
Goodness, I'm so glad you're back! But also very jealous that you got to meet such lovely ladies. Rest well and hug your boys and then sit down to tell us all about it!
sounds wonderful.
xo
Add me to the list with Bliss Envy!! I LOVE reading all the post with pictures and info that I missed!!
crossing fingers I can go next time (as soon as I learn how to convince the hubby that I NEED to go! LOL)
~TidyMom
Sounds like a good time was had by all.
Hey Nester! It was good to see you again for breakfast before you left. Had a great time and good conversation. Hope you guys had a great trip back. :)
You were always surrounded by fans so I never had a proper introduction at Blissdom but wanted to say I think you are the bees knees and wish I could have spent time with you. Your stuff is amazing:)
Sounds like you had an amazing time. I hope I have the opportunity to go next year.
I'm having so much fun reading everybody's recaps from the weekend. I was way behind the rest of you and just got mine posted today. The problem with a blogging conference, it turns out, is that I'm too tired afterward to actually BLOG.
So fun hanging with you and the girls. Sorry I missed dinner with you all Saturday night--there was a big party for Ohio bloggers, and by the time we got back to the hotel, it was so late that I didn't get to tell anyone else goodbye. Hard to fit everything in!
Hope to see you again next year!! :-)
hi, I am your new "follower" hahaha...I really like your style...very clean. And using those 'plates' in the bathroom was a great idea!
It was so fun to see you again and smile and enjoy being in the same company of awesome women...blogging is so fun, and what a blessing that it brings us all together! Adore you.
xoxo
Post a Comment