She Speaks?


She Speaks is coming to town. My town that is. And if you are wishing you could go but need a miracle to make it happen, this is your chance. Lysa TerKeurst, the Queen? of Proverbs 31 Ministries is offering a scholarship to one lucky lady. Here's all the info.


You don't have to want to be a speaker to go. Apparently, you don't even have to want to be a speaker to speak. Because I am. Speaking that is. Along with my ever talented sister, Emily. Not only will we be there but Big Mama, BooMama, Dawn and Jo-Lynn will also be there, speaking with their blogging selves. I've already met Dawn and Jo-Lynn {love them} and I cannot wait to embarrass myself thoroughly for Boo and Big.


I didn't attend last year but, last years winner of the scholarship, Karla stayed at my house the night before the conference. Then, I had lunch with some of the attendees before the conference started. Then, I sat on my toile sofa holding the phone at 10:00 at night waiting for my sister to call and tell me all about her first day at the conference. She learned lots. She came home with a neat book full of information. She's even had an article published. I'd say it was worth it. And, since last year's She Speaks Conference that I didn't go to, I've gotten to hang out with Lysa and I just adore her.


So, I've managed to make this post that is supposed to be all about you and your chance to win a scholarship, all about me. And did I mention that I'm speaking and scared? Maybe they should change the name to She Freaks. Or She Leaks As She Speaks.


No off you go to Lysa's to find out all the information about winning that scholarship! Will I see you there?

37 comments:

Debbie Petras said...

I guess I'm a moocher because I would love to go to She Speaks. So, I will definitely head on over to Lysa's blog. Lysa was our keynote speaker last year at my church and guess who was the Phoenix hostess for Lysa and Holly? ME! I was so excited and got to drive them around to the airport, hotel, meals, etc. I loved them both. And Lysa encouraged me to come to She Speaks. She's actually the one who encouraged me to blog on a more regualar basis, which I now do. So, thanks for the heads up! I'm off to Lysa's.

Southern Charm said...

Oh, I would so love to go. I get their daily devotionals from Christianity.com and I absolutely love them. They just sing to me some days.... I can't imagine how wonderful it would be to actually attend a conference with those ladies. WOW. Lucky lady.

Barb said...

I am attending for the first time this year and I am very excited! I look forward to meeting you!

www.rbjhcmama.blogspot.com

Barb Cash

Kim said...

I echo everyone else - would love to go! Will see what God has in store for me!!

Kim said...

I echo everyone else - would love to go! Will see what God has in store for me!!

Unknown said...

I would love to go, just to hear YOU! I'm sure you'll be fabulous. Have a great time.

ByHISgoodGrace said...

You're crazy, she freaks? Leaks? I love it. You will be great, as always!

Tami (Pixeltrash) said...

Your blog is so nice! Love it!

Musings of a Housewife said...

I'm so jealous that you live close enough to have lunch with Lysa. She's just adorable. Can't wait to hang out and bite our fingernails together as we anxiously await our turn at the mike. GACK!!!! :-)

Katie said...

That sounds like such a great conference! ("She Leaks as She Speaks" hahahahaha! Good one...)

Angie said...

Good luck at the conference! I'm sure you'll do great!

Tara said...

I like everyone else would love to go to She Speaks. I am headin over now to check it out.
You are too funny! God loves a sense of humor.Don't you think?
I'll be praying that God speaks through you and with you and that you deliver what he has for you to speak!

Tiffany said...

"Or She Leaks As She Speaks."

LOL!

I don't speak, but I do sing, and I feel about the same way about that. Except I do it every Sunday. I'm a glutton for punishment.

I'm sure you will be GREAT!

Melissa @ The Inspired Room said...

You'll do great, I know you will. (Remember, in case of panic, there is always the fire alarm trick.) Bwaahahahaa. We are too cwazy.

Love ya.
xox

Erica Shurter said...

Oh I love Lysa! I saw her last year in Phoenix, and she is a great speaker! I wish I could attend and here you speak also! It's so neet that there are so many Christian women out there with blogs! Love it!!!

Denise K. said...

Oh Nester...you are just a riot..."She Leaks...She Freaks..." You are just so funny and we all love you! Which tells me that you will do just awesome at the conference...your blogging audience loves you, and so will the real life one too! I will seriously consider the scholarship and submitting a story...it would be so great to attend and to be able to meet you and all the wonderful speakers like your sister who I "follow" too! You're the best! With love from Colorado, Denise :-)

Stacey @ The Blessed Nest said...

I had looked at the information before for She Speaks, and it sounds SO fabulous!! But yes, it's rather pricey for this gal! So thanks for sharing about the scholarship! :) I'll definitely check that out!!

Rachel Lundy said...

I wish I could go! It sounds like so much fun. And whether you want to speak or not, I would definitely love to hear you speak! You'll be great, I'm sure. Have fun. :)

Joyeful said...

I love the Proverbs 31 ministry team! I plan on attending ....in a few years! I'm nursing twins at the moment (well, not while I'm typing this!) and they would definitely go through withdrawals if mommy skipped town for the weekend! I look forward to hearing all about it, though!

Anonymous said...

I'll be there! I can't wait to meet Emily! Does she have a driveway? :-)
~Kim

Sandy said...

nester, no doubt in my mind you will do fantastic.

i know cuz i've heard ya.

love you girl!

Amber B. said...

You are so hilarious. She leaks as she speaks. ;-)

Big Mama is also so funny. I bet that y'all will have a blast together!

Swan Family said...

Lysa came to Houston about a month ago and I had an opportunity to hear her speak. She is awesome! I hope you have a great time, she is awesome to listen to!

Annikke said...

I laughed so hard at your new titles "She leaks as she speaks" --- How funny!!!

Runner Mom said...

I will be there with you! Looking forward to hearing you and hopefully getting to meet you, chickadee! I was there last year and simply loved it! We have such an awesome GOd, and He was having a great time there with us!

Your comment about leaking while speaking has me rolling!!

Hugs,
Susan

Aubrey said...

Sheesh, I'm going to leak, reading She Leaks When She Freaks. I should go try to win just to win a few kid-free days.

Anonymous said...

Oooh, how fun, Nester! If I didn't have two little ones (who'll be 3 years old and 6 months old at tha time) I'd enter to win in a heartbeat! It sounds terrific! And you will NOT pee your pants!! BUT, it's funny that you wrote that, because I wanted to thank you (bowing - in homage) for visiting me over at The Best Dressed Nest and leaving such sweet comments! You're one lovely lady! I would always be honored to guest post at your Nest, and wanted you to know (back to bathroom humor) that I just posted about bathrooms and silhouettes with a free project to download if you're interested.

I hope that you have a great weekend, and I look forward to the summer to hearing all about She Speaks here at Nesting Place and at Emily's blog!

Anonymous said...

I went on a women's Christian cruise last year and Lysa was the host. Hearing her speak is such a blessing and Proverbs 31 is the most amazing ministry. I would love to go but am excited for whomever it is that wins!

THE BROWN BOYS said...

what an amazing experience you will have! wish I lived closer.

Katie said...

I love Lysa she is great!

kari and kijsa said...

Love this! We just wanted to say Thank you!
blessings,
kari & kijsa

Em said...

You are so totally awesome ;) You'll do just fine! Have FUN!

Unknown said...

This event sounds like it's for everyone.
The winds are really picking up in Vegas. Ugh!
Have a terrific weekend.

Amanda said...

You are too funny Nester! She Leaks! Ha! I would love to go - how awesome would that be? thanks for the info!

Julie Gillies said...

You're so blessed to live right there where it's all happening! No air-fare for you!

Hope I get to go...would love to meet you.

Blessings!

Karla Porter Archer said...

look how cute we look!!

I wish I could go and spend the weekend with you and Emily again.

Love you!

xo~K

Practigal said...

ok, so i this is kinda crazy since everyone asks about your decor, but what i want to know is where'd you get that adorable black tee/lace collar shirt? so cute!!