Bird Watching

Little Green Notebook

Make an Ottoman From a Coffee Table @ Little Green Notebook

Painting Kitchen Cabinets Part One
but you must also read Part Two @ Remodeling Guy

Rental Re-do: How to Build a Baby Closet from a Boring Bar
@ Small Notebook

Scrapbook Matted Birds @ The Shabby Nest

Flea Market Find
@ The Lettered Cottage

DIY Bed Canopy
@ The Inspired Room

Good Enough
@ Remodeling This Life {a fantastic read!}

Nest Files
: My other blog

And by the way, I was so NOT fooling about the last post. I love the framed fork! But I can totally understand those of you {my Dad included} who assumed it was a joke, for my next trick, I'll be framing a diaper.

36 comments:

Emily@remodelingthislife said...

Hey Nester, I have been contemplating all day about that framed fork and I was so sure that if you were playing a trick on us that it would've been more obvious and not nearly as pretty.

Thank you so much for the link.

*muah*

Megan said...

I loved the framed fork and have had that idea in the past but have not done it yet. I think it was cute and sophisticated looking! Now that I've seen yours I think I will definitely add it to my to do list of craft projects!

~M

Amber Filkins said...

GREAT stuff! You should check out some of my stuff for your next bird watching post.

;)

Unknown said...

I LOVED the fork! I didn't think you were kidding, did people seriously think you were kidding???
See, you could tell me anything, and I'd fall for it. :)

Tami (Pixeltrash) said...

Love that framed fork! I thought it was inspired, but I can see why people might not get it!!! LOL!

Tami

Juli said...

I thought the fork would be cute in a kitchen. Now the diaper...I would assume a new one. LOL!
Love reading your blog. It is such an inspiration.
Juli

Remodeling Guy said...

Hey Nester, thanks for the link!

I can't believe that your Dad thought that was a joke... NOT ME... I KNEW it was serious.

When I emailed you suggesting that it was a joke, THAT was a joke...get it? April Fools!

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

I LIKED that framed fork. But I can understand people who would think it's kind of different. I wanted to buy the GIANT fork and spoon that Pottery Barn had a couple of years ago and my mom was horrified. LOL

XOXO
Jen

Melissa @ The Inspired Room said...

If it had been an ugly fork...that would be a joke. But it was a cute fork.

A diaper, now you've got me thinking that would be a great way to preserve those babyhood memories. Wonder if I still have some pampers (not used ones) laying around....

just kidding. BWAAAHAAAA~~~!!!!

xoxo

Shilo said...

That's too funny about the fork! I loved it!

Kelleigh Ratzlaff Designs said...

I was so inspired by your decoupaged (gosh, how do you spell that?) EGG that I had to try it myself with digital scrapbooking papers and plastic eggs! Check it out on my blog! (trying to link to the actual post!)

http://ratzlafffamily.blogspot.com/2009/04/easter-eggs.html

Audrey said...

HaHaHaHa...I actually loved the fork. I mean, creativity is serious business. Keep up the good work Nester!

Southern Fried Gal said...

Wow - that ottoman rocks. And the matted birds are so sweet. Thanks for watching out for us!

the BLAH BLAH BLAHger said...

I liked the fork so much that I've already replicated it with my great grandmother's butter knife from Sweden!

jessiev said...

Loved the "Good Enough " post link. Sometimes you get excaactly what you need...I needed that. Thanks.

People Who Know Me Would Say: said...

Your dad must know my dad!

Jenny@ L.O.T.s of Love said...

Thanks for finding the tufted ottoman! I've been wanting to do that and didn't know how. I already own that ottoman!

trish said...

I loved the framed fork!! I have several pieces of silverware I would like to create in the same manner as your fork! When I get back from the ladies conference I will be doing one!! :o)
Sincerely ~ Tricia Anne

AnNicole@Our Suburban Cottage said...

I can't believe people thought you were pulling our leg with the whole framed fork thing...although, I would have felt pretty stupid if you were because I LOVED it. Genius has always been mocked darling.

By the way, I checked out Tim's post about cabinet painting part 2 last night and your comment cracked me up. I love how you bring us all back down to earth :).

Wendy said...

I personally thought the framed fork would be so darling in a kitchen. I didn't even think it could have been a joke.

Thanks for the shout out today Nester Girl!!!

Tiffany said...

If you frame a diaper and make it look good I will be supremely impressed. :)

Katy said...

That framed fork is awesome!!
I JUST posted about my entry and hallway redo, come check it out when/if you get a chance.
Hope you're having a LOVELY Friday and THANK YOU for all of your inspiration.

Becky@Beyond The Picket Fence said...

Thanks for sharing all of the great links! I frame silverware all of the time!

Girly Stuff said...

Or a binky.

Come look at my kitchen island makeover. Magic Brush inspired me. I used Caromal Colours.

Unknown said...

I love the ottoman and the bed canopy! WOW such great ideas!

Jenelle said...

I didn't think the framed fork was a joke at all!

And thanks for the link to Remodeling Guy's posts. They MADE. MY. DAY.

Ciao!

Chris said...

Oh man. That tufted ottoman has got my brain realing. Who am I kidding? ANYTHING tufted makes my heart skip a beat. Great links!

Rechelle ~Walnuthaven Cottage~ said...

I just had to come back and let you know I posted about my "framed" silverware and also how glad I am that I found you. Where have you been all my blog-life?
I'm sure you hear it all the time, but girl--- you have more creativity in your little finger then I've got in my whole body, lol! I've perused your blog and see so many ideas that are just wonderful and I have to say it...If you framed a diaper, it'd probably be so stinking cute (no pun intended) it'd cause a whole new decorating crazy :0). Can you imagine?!
Enjoy your day Ms. Nester and may you continue to create, create, create...
Hugs!

Anne Marie said...

Those all look great...especially the ottoman.
Thanks!

Mary Ann Jenkins said...

I looked ALL day yesterday for an oval frame that I liked.
I'm going to frame one of my grandma's forks.
Off to search again today!

THE BROWN BOYS said...

hey! I loved the fork! - i never wondered if it was a joke! perfect for a kitchen!

Mom in High Heels said...

I never thought the fork was a joke. I think it is lovely.
I just opened my own Etsy shop! It has lots of vintage transferware. Come over to my blog for the link!

Jeanne Oliver said...

I loved the framed fork!!! Thanks for all the sites with great ideas.

sandi said...

Hi
If your interested I have a blog with a step by step telivised tutorial on how to paint your kitchen cabinets. I have a business of painting cabinets and furniture. Just go to my blog, the cabinet segment is in the February archives I believe. Hope this helps someone who wants to do a kitchen makeover.

http://letsgo2thevintagecupboard.today.com

Crystal Buitron said...

I didn't think it was a joke at all! Infact, I actually rushed right into my stash of stuff and made three framed spoons! LOL
I loved the idea and I used it. I wonder what my relatives will think when they get to my house this weekend!
Hugs
Crystal

sherry said...

About the ottoman...

A few years ago I did this project using our breakfast table rather than a coffee table. Got the idea from Trading Spaces. My husband cut the legs and added casters for easy rolling. I did the foam thing as well as batting, muslin then made 2 slipcovers - one for fall/winter and one for spring summer so I can change out the look and wash at will. The ottoman is large, comfy for extra seating if needed and a creative approach to using what you have to fill a need. :o)

jAne

http://tickleberryfarm.blogspot.com