I hope you had a wonderful, maybe even snow filled weekend. I didn't see one flake of snow but it was still a perfectly delicious weekend spent at my sister's beautiful homey home. We made PW's cinnamon rolls. And oh my. Make sure you wear elastic pants when you make them.

In other news, I'm moving again. Actually, this time the blog is moving {thank the good Lord in heaven that I don't have to pack anything} No matter what, you will be able to find Nesting Place at TheNester.com . If you type that in now it automatically takes you here but soon it will take you to another here that looks a little different but is basically the same. Kind of. I should look into being an air traffic controller with my oh so clear and concise way with words.

Lastly, I've got a post up at (in)courage today. There's a sweet story about Barbie dating someone from the nativity set and somehow I end up tying that in with decorating. Meet me there?

23 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats on the big move! Can't wait until you're all unpacked & stuff :) Well... at least there's not as much heavy lifting this go around.

Off to learn about Barbie now ~ I can't wait to see who this one relates to decorating!

homebody0404 said...

Nester, I love this home. It's beautiful and soft and comforting. I hope your new one feels the same. I'll see you there, gonna go read your post.

Cottage Dreamers said...

PW's cinamon rolls...mmmmm! Yummy

Abbey @ Practically Perfect said...

What a great post on (in)courage--thanks! Hope the move goes well!

Julia @ Hooked on Houses said...

Congrats on the move to your own domain. That's fun!

P.S. I don't suppose you saved any of those cinnamon rolls for me? I'd be happy to pull out the elastic-waist pants for one of those. :-)

Richella Parham said...

Sounds like you guys had an awesome weekend. Good for you!

Loved your post at incourage. Thanks for the reminder about what really IS sacred.

And congratulations on the move--hope it works out well for you!

Unknown said...

i need to try PW cinnamon rolls...my hubby loves cin. rolls :o)

hope the move goes smoothly!!

Anonymous said...

Read your article at incourage... but would you still feel like Christmas decorations should be "accessible" when you find your two year old throwing glass balls across the room like baseballs???

Still Learning said...

Wow, I can't believe you are moving. Congrats.

Love me some cinnamon buns.

I had to respond to the commenter who's kid throws the ornaments like baseballs. YOU ARE NOT ALONE. My kid thinks they are decorative baseballs and he throws a mean fastball. A helmet is required in the living room. Too funny.

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the move. I try to see moving as a new opportunity to use my same old things in a whole new way.

By the way, I did see snow this weekend and it was just what I needed to get in the holiday spirit!

Teresa said...

Oh I am so loving the advise about the ELASTIC PANTS!!!
Reminds me...
Once my husband and I had just finished up a scrumptious meal...
at J Alexanders!
Target was in the same area!
I was soooo full!
I remember saying:
I'm fixing to pop over to TARGET...
and buy me a pack of size 10 panites!!!!
XXOOXX
Gotta have that cinnamon bun recipe!

Red Lipstick said...

I'm excited for you! Tee Hee, my dad was a pilot and would have loved your air traffic controller joke ;-) I'm going to go check out that storey, I can't wait, as I just did a post on Barbie! haha

nina@themissadventuresofnina said...

Oh No!!!!
Most of the time when the blogs move I can't see them anymore. Sniff. Hope it does not happen with yours.

Becca Bertotti said...

Nester !! I have been following your blog and love your witty, talented and informative posts !! Your ideas are wonderful and your thoughts are very motivating and inspirational !! I'm SO new to the blogging world ... I've created my account and that is as far as I've gotten (lol). I'd LOVE to link to the virtual holiday home tour as my home was recently featured on our local Christmas Tour of Homes ... is there any way to participate or link pics if I don't figure this intimidating blogger setup by then ?! Take care, Becca

Tracey said...

I could land a plane with you doing air traffic control, no problem. I speak Nester language.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the new move! :)

Melissa Stover said...

i don't think it's redirecting yet. the link took me back here. is it wordpress? i'm so impressed. i'm too scared to make that move.

The Nester said...

Nope it hasn't moved yet, it could be today, it could be next month. Depends on how picky I am.

TheNester.com will always bring you to Nesting Place though--just like it has for the past 6 months. So as long as you look for TheNester.com and not nestingplacenc.blogspot.com then you will be fine!

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

Can't WAIT to see how you tied Barbie, the baby Jesus, and decorating together! Looking forward to seeing the "new" blog. :) I'm having my 1 year Blogiversary Giveaway today if you have a chance to stop by. :) (It's Christmasy stuff and I know you love Christmas!) ;)

Heathahlee said...

I wondered when that would happen. Woo hoo! : )

I never used wise men as Barbie's boyfriend, but it totally surprises me that I didn't.

Tracey said...

Sorry you didn't get your snow. We did, and I had a restful and cozy day looking out at it from my firside chair. Love your blog, I'll be back!

Charity said...

Can't wait to see the new site. Just started blogging so that I can do the Christmas tour of homes (that is if I can figure out how to do a link). Just got back from the pioneer womans book signing in ATL, how does she cook that food and stay so slim? I am giving away an autographed copy of her cook book soon if you want to pass that on. IT SHOULD BE EASY TO WIN, since no one knows who I am.

Sandy said...

Can't wait and love the sister cinnamon roll post!

I love sisters and my hips show I love cinn rolls!