Shoot!

Every year I give my mother in law the same thing, a picture of her grandchildren. So easy. Yes, there are only a few minor expectations.

1. The photo must contain all five children.
2. The photo must contain all five children looking at the camera.
3. The photo must contain all five children looking at the camera and smiling.

Basically it's a big unnatural pose where five kids are forced to smile at one time.
I always forget how impossible this is.

First try: "Gavin, please smile."

Second try: "Cademon, Averie, look at me, Gavin, please smile."

Third try. "GAVIN." Said in a grouchy voice.

Fourth try:
He doesn't feel like smiling.

10 comments:

emily freeman said...

first question: did you ever get one that met all the requirements?

second question: did you really scrawl out that post at 4:41 am?

The Nester said...

I will be using the first picture unless the stars collide, the planets line up, and gavin is actually happy next Saturday when we all happen to be together again. The stars and the planet thing might happen but, say a prayer for gavin to be happy for a few minutes at least.

The Nester said...

PS why are my pictures blurry? Emily, help!

OneCowgirl said...

What a great idea! I hope you are keeping a set each year to present to the kiddos when they grow up - what a great childhood momento for them to have later in life. Also, when grandparents are still living - shots of the three generations are always appreciated later in life!!

Mrs. Fussy Fussypants said...

Love it! I always make at least one of mine cry during the torture of Christmas card pics!

Nan said...

Ha ha! I posted something similar a week or so ago! LOL Too funny.

The Nester said...

If these photos leave you wanting more...um...whatever, visit nan's blog above and scroll down to her November 25th post. She's so spoiled, she had one specimen that was perfectly poised in EVERY photo!

Funny!

Anonymous said...

good luck with those pictures! -tyler

Melissa Stover said...

those are hilarious. i'm sure you could do a little photoshopping and paste a smile on his face.

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

I feel just like that sometimes!