Contest!!!...and Amanda?

Are contests cheesy? I don't know. I can't really tell if I like them or not. But, I'm gonna do it anyway. WIN THIS TASSEL!


I make tassels. Actually, I did make tassels. I started about 4 years ago because I couldn't find the perfect gift for my sister's Mother in Law. She's a genuine southern lady with great taste who needs nothing and appreciates everything. She always gave us great gifts and I wanted to find something for her that was small, quirky, stylish and just plain ole adorable.


I stumbled upon a rooster tassel that I loved immediately. I bought it. It was cute but, the orange and purple fringe and ribbon just didn't seem right for her. I decided to try to make one myself and, it turned out pretty good. All of the sudden, people were requesting them and I ended up selling them at craft fairs and even at a few local shops. Really just one but, it sounds better if I say 'a few'.



I haven't made a tassel in a year now. I have lots of left overs and I thought I'd share one here. This one is technically embellished by me, not handmade. It's a miniature tassel and is about 3 and 1/2 inches tall and the rope is another 4 inches. It would be great in a child's room but really, I like to put them everywhere. Except maybe the toilet and the hood of the car. Remember, this is an accent -- it does not have to match (I hate that word by the way!) everything else in the room. Look how sweet it is on the back of that black chair with a red pillow! That apple green and blue really pop!


So, if you want this little darlin' just leave me a comment and just like that you'll be entered to win! I'll have someone pull your name out of something much classier than the cliche' hat. Maybe an urn. You have until Friday!

PS Amanda? I tried to email you back and my mail wouldn't deliver "due to extended inactivity new mail is not currently being accepted for this mail box" Help! But, the first step I would do in the Dave Ramsey plan is get the book -- Total Money Makeover!

27 comments:

Melissa Stover said...

that is just darlin'! i have two tassels. one is hanging on my end table, the little knob that opens the door of it and the other is hanging on a hall closet door knob. neither one is as adorable as the one you have there. mine are quiet plain. probably because i have no business decorating my own house. and the boy is always moving them around.

but i would love to win. you would just have to help me display it properly.

Anonymous said...

Hey Nester!

I want to enter for the drawing for the pretty tassel. I have never won anything before so maybe me saying that will work as a good luck charm as it did with you winning the blog make over! And if I win, the plus side for you is low shipping costs due to the fact I only live a hop-skip-and-a-jump from you!(Sneaky aren't I? LOL)Just kidding! But I would love it!

Thanks,
Katherine

hqm said...

Throw my hat in the ring! That tassle is darlling! Have you ever thought about ETSY?

Stephanie said...

De-lurking to say....I love the tassle! Also, I have to ask, where did you get the lamp that is shown in the last photo? I love it!
~ Stephanie

Kelly said...

I have tassles on my window treatments (which is what I am now calling the curtains). Love them. Need more.
Since we are now brand new friends, I would take it as a considerable kindness if you would pull my name outta that there Urn!

Kelly said...

Love the tassle:-)

I just saw the picture on your sidebar of your "old nest" and I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it! I absolutely adore painted brick and the changes you made were amazing- really transformed your home!

Anonymous said...

Well, just look at this beautiful blog! I'm putting you on the blogroll and the reader with just one glance. I've only read one post so far - but I'm certain I'll enjoy the rest already!

I'm so glad you visited me today! Just when you think you have run out of beautiful blogs to visit...

It's so very nice to "meet" you, too... we'll have fun finding out what else we have in common, I'm sure.

And by the way, I covet the tassel. Thanks for the opportunity to win (and please pick me.) :)

Jen

Anonymous said...

I just commented and said pithy things and rooted for Katherine and told you I knew someone named Nester in real life and it disappeared.

That said, I would love to win the tassle.

Meredith Uber said...

Hey I'm figuring I may have good odds, so I am entering. I never win anything. (It seems if you say that your chances may be better)
We have a tall 4 poster bed, the tassels may look good on the posts somehow. So put my name in ;)

Meredith

Enriched-Mom said...

I've keep coming back to your blog the last few days, peeking at your post of filling up space. I'm headed out now to get the fabric to make my table cloth and covering. I say the word table loosely. It is a short bar stool with a round precut board I found at Lowe's for the top. Thanks for the inspiration and pictures.

Could you throw my name in the hat for the tassle too? Thanks.

Whatsoever is Pure said...

Yowsers! You are just too talented for words, my dear. :) Embellished or not- that is pure tassel talent! Enter me in!

Angel

The Nester said...

hqm, yes, I've thought about etsy and actually just listed a few tassels yesterday. your comment pushed me over the hump to do it!

sterph, the lamp is from steinmart. I cannot spell it. do you have that store? it's mostly clothes.

Cathy said...

Oh - I love tassels. I have several that I bought in Paris because I thought they were adorable and they make me happy. A handmade one from you would be SO fun!

I love contests! (Especially if I win, but that's a given, isn't it?)

Anonymous said...

I found you throug Kim at Creative Blogs. I am so glad I did! You make tassels, sew and have incredible eye for things. You should come over to my house!!! I would love to enter the drawing for the beautiful tassel. I have one tassel in my house, but have always loved them.... I have an aunt who is the tassel queen, or so I thought!!!

Janet said...

Contests are never cheesey. I had one this week and got 130 people to come to my blog for the "event". And I really do love a good tassel.

Janet

PS.I came from Kim' Creative Blog

Elisa said...

My Mississippi sister-in-law has told me about tassels but I have never seen the likes of them out here in Utah. I would love one!
I am officially entering.

Loreluca said...

LOVE it!! BTW, Loved your post on 12/18. Yup, the toilet santa looks adorable!. My fave were the holly leaves to decorate the garbage. VERY tres chic ;)
Now, go and GET MY NAME from the fancy thing! :P
Hugs!

antique quilter said...

That tassel is just adorable, I love how it looks on the lamp!
OH I just love your blog..off to read all the back posts...
Kathie

Anonymous said...

Hi Nester! I just found you through "Todays Creative Blog" I Love, love, love the tassel! How cute! How did you make it? You need to post a tutorial and give us some pointers and tips! It just love it and I have many places to hang it from1
Nice to meet you : )

Roxanne

Anonymous said...

For some reason my link did not show... sorry! i will sign in again : )

wyndesnow said...

I stumbled across you're amazing little world through Creative Blogs. I love that you are not afraid to try something. And for living in a house with 3 boys and a husband (which by the way is what I live with) you still have the feminine feel. Our house, not so girly, wish it was, may have to change that.
Your tassle is cute and I would love to be entered in your drawing.
Congrats on being on Today's Creative Blog!!!
Wendy

Free Art Printables said...

I found your blog via Today's Creative. Wow. I'll definately be back to visit!
Jen R

donna said...

I've just found your blog via Today's Creative Blog. I am so envious-I've always wanted to make tassels. Yours is just lovely and OMG the to-die for toile sofa...now I am truly envious.

Kelly said...

I love the idea of making your own tassels. I LOVE tassels as you would notice if you saw my house. My favorite place to hang them is on a knob on a piece of furniture such as an armoire or chest of drawers. I even have one hanging off a lower cabinet in my kitchen and on lamps. I think of them as jewelry for your furniture! I'm always on the look out for interesting ones too. Maybe I could add yours to my collection! Ha!

Kelly

paperjunk-lc said...

I love tassels! I have a dear friend that has made me the most beautiful ones. This one looks like a cutie too.

kittyhox said...

I just found your blog and I'm loving it! We also live in a rental right now and I'm amazed with what you've done with yours! There are so many things I'd like to change about this house, to make it "us" that I've just sort of given up on doing anything at all.

Loved your DIY post about round tables! So pretty!

Anyhoo, love the tassel and would love to win it! :)

Aimee said...

OOOH, that is so cute. Would look great on the dresser that I painted black in the DR. I can't wait to read more, just found you today.

Aimee