A Day in the Life


There is a new online homeschool magazine called Heart of the Matter that I've been looking at and they are hosting a day in the life of a homeschool family. You can do it too!

Me, I start out with too much of this.

And not enough of this.

Usually, an empty this.And, lots of this.

I'm loving that!
This is too good!
Sometimes we create.
And I love that we get to do this.
We appreciate things like this.
And play with this.
Add a dash of that.
And tons and tons of this (my personal favorite).
A little bit of this.
And a little bit of that.
But, I really want to win this! Because, as you can see, we like to do so many things during our day! You can sign up to win it too! Sorry, I don't know how to link to the actual contest. Scroll down to January 9th. The winner will be chosen next Wednesday. Good Luck!

17 comments:

nannykim said...

Very cute--one of my fav things when homeschooling my youngest---many years ago!!!!---was our tea breaks! We would take a tea break and have our special china cups with sugar cubes. We would read together in a favorite book. One I remember so much is The Lion , the Witch and the Wardrobe.

Kelly said...

So creative! Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

How creative!!!
I love your pics and my dear, one can NEVER have to much coffee! Can they?

Melissa Stover said...

love all the photos! great job.

Anonymous said...

Hilarious! My favorite is the coffee pot. You can't homeschool w/out it!

sara said...

I loved that post! Great pictures! Thanks for sharing!

Kelly said...

you know, I can't figure out why homeschool interfers with showering. Yet there seems to be some divine connection. I have never yet met a home school mom who manages to shower every day.

rural momma said...

What a great post!! :0) the pics were so great and I definatly agree about the too much coffee and not enough shower thing!! LOL

Lisa~ said...

LOL... thanks for posting this... Im such a blond... I forgot all about it! sigh... it has been one of those weeks for me...

I loved all thepictures.. you are funny.. I enjoyed my visit!

Lisa

Anonymous said...

Thanks for letting us get a glimpse of your day!

And yes, my hot-spot-swiping is FlyLady inspired. Although, I am not slavish. I just can't be.

MarshaMarshaMarsha said...

I loved the pictorial of your day! A picture is really worth more than a thousand words.

Oh, and my mornings start out with the same lots of coffee and less of what I really need-- oh, an hour in the tub or shower (uninterrupted would be ideal!). :-)

Anonymous said...

Awesome - - thanks for sharing your day with me!! :)

ENAACT Yearbook Class said...

I have been peeking now and again on your blog sense I first noticed it on BooMama's Christmas Tour of homes and I have been tempted to comment on how much I really enjoy reading your blog.(I still laugh when I think of how you decorated the trash for Christmas) Your words are so honest and yes, you have made me cry twice reading some of your posts. I'm a mother of two boys and will be homeschooling next year and thought what your posted was too funny and sweet. Oh and I must say your pictures are beautiful and you have a lovely family. :)

Meg said...

hello! Thank you for stopping by my blog and your nice comment. Your blog is great, and I'll be bookmarking it so I can be sure to stop back often. Thanks for this post...you certainly did a lot of work on these tables, but the result is worth it!

liz mataraza said...

beautiful home, you lucky gal! congrats on your 'showcase' on tcb!

Anonymous said...

i know that...
i love this!

Anonymous said...

Very Encouraging! This is my first year to homeschool. I have a 2nd grade boy and prek little girl. I too have too much coffee and too few showers. I thought maybe others had it all together. Thanks for making me feel better! I think we use the same curriculum too. I love your blog. You are so creative and fun!