Candles, Pounds, and Junk

If you want to read about a great way to decorate with candles all year around...click here.

If you want to know how much I weigh...click here.

If you want to find out about all this junk that I found at thrift stores...stay tuned, that's my nest I mean next few posts.

14 comments:

Valarie Lea said...

First I couldn't get the link for your weight to come up, is there a reasonfor that?

Second how do you keep your kids from knocking over the candles and stuff like that? Mine would be on the ground if I put that within 5 feet of my littlest one. He would surely wrestle into that display.

Third can't wait to see what your gonna do with that stuff.

Anonymous said...

I cant wait to see what you are gonna do with all that! I love thrift store junk!

The Busy Blaine's said...

Check out what I did with that shower curtain I asked you about. I think I like it. By the way I'm headed to AC Moore to get some buckets!!!

Debbie said...

I had no idea it was a decorating faux pas to display candles that haven't been used. I am so guilty of displaying candles that haven't been used because I cannot stand the look of used candles on a day to day basis. Alas, my neurosis doesn't stop there. I change out the good ones with used ones that I light when we entertain. The ambience of a burning candle that has uneven edges doesn't bother me. I rarely just burn a candle for the heck of it other than when we entertain because I am afraid one of my kids will knock it over. At that point I won't be worrying about candles as much I will be worrying about explaining to the fire dept what happened!

Melissa said...

hey, when did you come to my house and steal all my stuff? ;) can't wait to see what you do with all your finds.

The Birds Nest said...

Good stuff!! Looking forward to seeing your next creative idea. I loved your candle post on blissfully domestic. Hope you're having a fun Spring Break!!

Mrs. B said...

Great posts. Love your candles. I do try to burn mine. But I'm always worried my kids will set the house on fire, so I tend to place them only where the kids can't reach. That way, the kids will have to find more creative ways to destroy the house.

I've been wanting to try Spanx. I've been wondering if they make something like a onesie. You know, that comes up higher than your waist to reduce that muffin top effect that people that aren't size 2 get over the top of their pants.

Kathi Roach said...

I just came across your blog on Monday. I love the fabric canvases, loved the playroom, and loved the candle arrangement!

I get too caught up in everything having to be matchy matchy. You are very inspiring! I can't wait to see what you do with the junk.

Lalena said...

I have that same pedestal and I have no idea what to do with it! I cant wait. Also love the ideas with candles. I just don't have the knack to put it all together. Your site is a wonderful help!

Rue said...

I can't wait to see what you're going to do with all of that!

I love the storage ideas for the kids. I could've used you for our last house. Let's just say that no one was allowed in the playroom EVER! LOL

Have a great night,
Rue :)

Tracey said...

Of course I want to know how much you weigh!

Tangee said...

I loved your tips on the candles, I love to burn em, it's fun to turn them on, especially in fall and winter, and see my family come home to this wonderful golden glow in the house.

Jennifer P. said...

Are you sure that when you talk about "thrift stores" you don't really mean "chic home furnishings store"--honestly--ther's nothing worth grabbing at the ones around here (except what I send their way of course :)!).

Can't wait to see what you do with it all!

And I'm an admitted Spanx wearer too---as long as it doesn't involve too much sitting. I have noticed they are fabulous for appetite control though. Kind of hard to eat with your stomach smooshed in!

Ally Jay said...

Do the tights come with a can opener?