I know that y'all are all ready for me to tell you about my obsession with metal barn stars and painting with a paper towel but, I've got to tell you about this past weekend's sale first. Tomorrow, I promise well have stars. Get your stars and paint and tacks ready!
It happens twice a year. My mom and I went to spend the night with my sister so we could be bright eyed and bushy tailed for the 10:00 am opening. Oh, look how ridiculously early we were! That's my sister with the cute bag.
We got in line--look how close to the front we were. We knew that deeply discounted fabric and trims were calling for us from within. There's the man that is the owner--I think--I also think I worried him with all of my picture taking. One year they put lots of fabric outside and had it roped off with caution tape and we all lined up and he came outside with a step ladder and megaphone to come tell us all the rules of how to play nice and not fight over stuff. I love caution tape mixed with sales.
This is where I dream about shopping for fringe.
This is where I actually shop for fringe.
I get really excited about a sale especially when it's not too organized. This one was organized but still exciting.
Look! There's Jenipher with the "ph"! She's busy cutting my sister's cheap fabric. Look how happy she is! She just LOVED that I took her picture!
Here's what I came home with. I won't dare tell you that I spent $189.23 on fringe alone. That would be embarasing and you might think me quite insane.
Heaven help me--I paid $16.88 per yard for that fringe? Wait, I feel so much better because it was $33 a yard, so I got it for a big discount. Phew, that was a close one!
And this...
and this...
32 comments:
Oh, thank God there was a sale. You want to know something? My mom and a couple of my sisters are fabulous seamstresses. I, on the other hand, hyperventilate when I go into a fabric store. It overwhelms and frightens me.
I LOVE fabric stores and I dont even sew!!! I just had to laugh out loud at the manager telling women "rules" and how to play nice..lol
see, the unorganized sales stress me out...Im not a neat freak but I need some order when I shop :)
SOOOOO glad your back with pictures!!! Of course your writing is so entertaining I think I could be "almost' as happy with no pictures..lol
If I start shopping for fringe I'm going to have my head checked. I already bought a cloche (sp?) and a nest (or two!) yesterday. I even spray painted some twigs. My kids thought I lost my mind, but I think it looks cute. lol
What a lovely stash of trims! Can't wait to see the lovely tassels you make with all that :-) Rosie
I bet you were the best "tassle wrassler" there!
Bought my second gallon of Tobacco Road yesterday (or should it be "Tabacca Rod" since I bought the generic version at Lowe's?) Oh, it's so lovely I may put a tablecloth on our bed and serve dinner upstairs tonight.
There is not a single silly store like that near me.....why..... I guess I am going to have to pack up my family and move somewhere where they respect a woman, or a man's, right to buy fabric and trim at a discount.
Noooo! Don't tease me with your pictures of the fabric store. I have nothing like that in hillbillyville. What I *do* have is a mountain of fabric that I bought (at boring Jo-Anns)because you strong-armed me into it. Now I can't figure out how to make it look like yours. My baby's window looks like I barfed toile on it.
~Jamie~
okay Ms Fringe Hog(I mean all this in my weird sense of humor not in a rude blog stalker kind of way, so please smile as you read it)- questions: Why is there no prior mention of sale on your blog. Did you think we would not follow the rules and would make you look bad?
Where is sale located? Can you maybe bring it upon yourself to mention it next time. I can't wait to see more of your creations ala glue gun on expensive silk and fringe.
We have a Sirs fabric about 45 minutes North in Tennessee. I am so going soon. Apparently it is a big wharehouse type building with fabric.
southerner,
if you click on the photo of the sale flyer you can see all the pertinant info. you can even call them and get on their email list and mailing list!
Yes, I did not want anyone else after my fringe! For real! But the sale lasts all week!
Too bad it's only in NC--kind of a long drive for you!
Yes--fringe is like toilet paper. You never want to get too low on it :)!
Ah--you blessed N. Carolina people--partakers of all things wonderful and good from the decorating world. You could come and eat all the potatoes you want here if I could just swap places for a while and get my hands on deeply discounted fabric ;)!
Great finds!
You've so go to come to Missouri. There's a little FM (Farmer's Market) store that has fringe galore for $3.99-$9.99/yard. You'd be in heaven. There's a crazy amount of fabric, too. I love what you bought. I can't wait to see what you do with it!
I cannot wait to see what you create with all that beautiful trim!!!!
Can I just say, in the nicest possible way, that I hate you for having all that fringe?
I went to Wal-Mart looking for fringe, and it was 5$ a yard. It was still out of my price range. That is so depressing. I am in some kind of fringe-free zone on account of my poverty stricken state. I am suffering rather significantly from envy.
Coveting.
I am clearly in sin.
You bought all the good fringe before I got there :P
glad you like what you got!
sounds like heaven! and more so with rules on how to play nice!
we have great fabric stores here in atlanta...you should check them out, they even have a discount area that must be looked over first!
I will never look at my tassel the same again! To think you went to so much trouble for it! Those sales make me nervous and a cranky lady usually ends up stealing something from me! :)
I can't wait to see what you create with all of your new trim! What a great sale! I am also waiting on pins and needles to see what you are doing with paper towels and stars! I just hung a few stars this weekend as a matter of fact! I think we could be dangerous together! It would be fun!!!!
Sounds like fun! We don't have anything even remotely resembling that around here. I have to drive an hour just to go to a Joann's! Really, I do think you NC people have all the good decorating bargains!
I LOVE your blog!! I stop in every day to see what is next!!!!
I was wondering if you would ever consider sharing some ideas about your boy's rooms-storage and I would love to see what you have done in there!!! I love your home and your great ideas!!
Happy Day!!!!
Your shopping pictures made me want to go too!
I am wondering if you will be making any more bunny tassels. I would really like one. thank you for considering my question.
I love, love, love your blog.
Tasha
Fun, fun! There's some great places I love to shop for fabric & fringe in Atlanta, so I understand. I grew up going to fabric stores with my mom & still love looking at fabric
You got quite a haul! Now what will you do with all that fringe??
Rhoda
EEEK...I love it. How fun it all looks to play with. I can't wait to see all the new tassels you make with it!!! Like Marie, I too have bought my first cloche, picked up a nest today, and trying to share the Nester love with all my friends.
Hysterical! Girl, you crack me up. Although I do not share your obsession for fringe, *grin*, I love living vicariously through you! (I have done my time of late night insanity...waiting in lines for sales! We share that!) Who doesn't love discount!?
I just found your blog and girl, you are a hoot! I will definately be checking in with you again. I totally see why you needed to go fringe shopping. What serious emergency it would have been had you run out!
Wow, look at all that fringe!! Gosh, if that's what makes you happy you go girl (at least it's not diamonds and pearls you want!) LOL
I love it!
I went to the land far far away today and touched lots lots of fringe and tassles and fabrics AND, AND bought panels for my dining, living and kitchen valance. ;) You'll have to come over some time and check it out!
I'm so glad you posted about the sale first...that was what I wanted. I love getting my way.
I know some of the girls were super jealous of your fun sale and awesome fringe, too bad for them. You and Emily get everything!
Oh, Im not a Sewer and i swear Im in the Fabric store at least once a week. I don't blame you for those discounts I would have been in line too..
All that fringe makes me weak in the knees!
You make me laugh! It was such fun reading and seeing your shopping spree! Thank you for sharing every cent!
How pretty!
Hello,
I am a first time visitor following a link from The Inspinred Room. You made me feel at home and I wanted to let you know.Have a beautiful weekend.
Post a Comment