I have a wreath on my front door but I felt like it was a little weak. I like my wreaths to have presence. I would also like for them to have presents but that's another post. This one works for all seasons, it's got enough fresh green it it for spring and I can add orange in it for fall and all sorts of berries in it for winter. But, I want it to be a little heftier.
I had this extra boa lying around. Am I the only person in America with no daughters who has extra boas lying around? Should I be ashamed to admit this? Look it looks like a heart.
So, I left my just fine wreath where it was and tucked the boa in around the edges and kind of winded it through at the bottom. I think it was just the pick me up it needed. I made a wreath in January {better photo here} and confessed that I don't like anything to be too permanent but for this one I did wire some of the stuff in. But, that won't keep me from ripping it out when I'm ready for a change.
Don't forget today from 10am to 10pm Dunkin Donuts is giving away free iced coffee!
And, McDonald's is giving away their new chicken sandwich or chicken biscuit with the purchase of a drink. I know where we'll be. See you there!
Extreme Wreath Makeover
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
37 comments:
I would have never thought of that. It looks awesome. I liked it before, but it looks even better know. You have a touch my friend. :)
Great job, Nester!...Nesty for short....I love it!...I love making wreaths and presents would be great...like a big wreath for Xmas with little gifts all over it for guests to pick off when they stop in....You could do that for Easter as well...Valentines could have chocolate,the 4th could have poppers or sprinklers or flags with a treat attached,fall could have punkins(pumpkins),Halloween could have little candies, The list goes on and on.....Or at least i do! I miss you! How have you been? Meme from Screaming Meme's
Hi Nester, I've been lurking here for several days after my sister (imamom) sent me your link. I have devoured every page and picture and wish I could have you over for cinnamon buns because I have questions....lots of them! I live in a tiny house which I love, but it really limits rearranging furniture...one of my favorite things. But, you've insipired me to try some other things. I love that you give me permission for it not to be perfect and just make it mine. Thank you! I'd love to ask you a specific window mistreatment question...do you have time for that sort of thing? It's really more of a "steering me in the right direction" kind of thing. Off to tear more pretty pictures out of mags. Lisa Joy
Lisa Joy, yes, if you want to ask a question, email me from my "about me" profile page that you can click on under my photo at the top right of the blog.
I hope I can help!
Meme, you make me laugh but you are so right about those ideas--it makes me want to get really crazy and put live squirrels or burning candles or tacos in the wreath!
Hi Valerie!
Oh, that wreath is beautiful. I've decided I have no imagination when it comes to making something okay into FABULOUS.
Wow that made a huge improvement! Good job!
OO la la, I love it. FAAABuLUSSS!
YOWZERS...Love them both!!!! Girl, you could make those and sell them on ebay!!! My question, is do you have a trick to keeping the birds from pulling things out of them? Every single wreath I put up the birds have a hayday with them...drives me INSANE.
You're just full of tips...chicken and feathers. Does the Nester get special emails updates on all things bird happening in the community?
Love the new look on your wreath, very creative as usual.
Blanca
Love the new look on your wreath, very creative as usual.
Blanca
You were right, that boa is just the perk your wreath needed. Very exotic looking. :)
Dearest Nester,
Love the wreath!!! The boa really makes it POP!!!
I also have a weird question for you. What in the heck is the name for that red thingy on your kitchen table??? Not a finial. I tried to google "thingamabobber" but the results were unsuccessful, to say the least! :)
Thanks!!!
Karrie
Hey Karrie,
I say it's a finial too! It's just super big! I got it at Garden ridge a few years ago and it's hollow and now has a HUGE crack down it but you know what I say about perfect things.
I would not have thought of that. That is a cute idea!!
Nester,
You have some great things! I love making crafts and making a house a home. As a former military spouse and before that military brat, changing homes is what I do best! I always get unpacked as quickly as possible and decorate my new "nest!
The wreath turned out perfect! I love the pheasant feathers in it. I think everything in my house has one!
The only boa I have laying around is my little girl's purple one. Would make quite the spring statement in my wreath don't you think?
I just got back from McDonald's. That new chicken sandwich is delish! But the DD's was too far out of my way to make it worthwhile to pick up the free coffee because then I would have to get donuts and well, I've already had my caloric intake for the day with the chicken sandwich.
Beautiful Boa! The beautiful colors make me think of a calico cat I used to have.
Michele
Love the wreath. I have two doors so whatever I put I have to double. Ick... I didnt think about that when we were building our house. I just liked the two door look. It does come in handy when we need to move large things in and out of the house. I was going junkin today but our weather here was a bit bad. Schools closed so my kiddos are home. Maybe I can go junkin tommorow. Hope my comment answered all of your questions. Have a great one, Susie H
who wudda thunk? great idea, it really was that "something" it needed.
I, too, have no daughters. I have boas laying around. You do better things with yours. MUCH better.
Alrighty then! Looks like I'm going to the craft store to get myself a boa! Thanks for the inspiration. I loved the wreath in the "before" stage, too!
I hate to be the bearer of bad news but you might, in fact, be the only woman without girls to own a feather boa. ;-) And a fabulous one at that!
I love what it did for the wreath!
Free design advice and free coffee and chicken sandwiches. You will certainly have an extra star in your crown someday. :) You crack me up!
looks great. you have a lovely door. mcdonalds and dunkin donuts should give you a little something for your shout out!
DONUTS! Whoa, I gotta get off this computer and find a Dunkin Donuts! I'll come back later. Oh, wait, you get an iced coffee for free, not a donut? OK, that is good too. I can still buy a donut! Thanks for the tip, Nester. I always can count on you.
xoxo
I LOVE this wreath! The feathers add such new life to it! And NO you're not the only woman w/o a daughter who has a feather boa - only mine is white and it's from my bachlorette party (about 6yrs ago) I don't think it would look as nice as yours!
LYNNE
PS- Yes, I got my DD coffee - YUM - I really needed the boost!
I love the wreath...esp. the boa...of course I have no idea how to put one together, mine would probably look like a peacock trying to escape my house.
I think this may be my first time to comment, but I have been lurking for a while. You are so inspirational!! I also think it is funny that you are already thinking about the fact that you can add orange to the new wreath in the fall - my thoughts also seem to be turning to the fall, even though summer is not even here yet. I guess that happens though when fall is your favorite season! Thanks for the ideas!!
Robin/Southern Bella
You amaze me with your ability to take the simplest thing and turn it into something beautiful.
Nope - no daughters and I have a UT boa. Now I know what I'm using it for when football season starts! Thanks Nester. Nancy
You know I love this one! Very cute and I love the feathers. Just my style too & great idea to add the boa!
Rhoda
Looks great love it...and yes I got my coffee..don't cha just love FREE !!! I do !!!
Kathy :)
A boa on the wreath! Wow-- I would've never thought of that! Now, where are all my boas?? I wonder if I could use little girl-y purple and pink ones??
hate chew girl, that is so flippin' cute!
ooh--i love it! wreaths have always been hard for me...i've attempted to be wreath-crafty, but it's never quite worked out for me.
Post a Comment