Not Packing

I wish this post had a fantastic, creative decorating idea that would propel your home into instant show home status and me into instant fame. It doesn't. But I hate fame anyway and show homes are impossible to live in. I did have a fun weekend. It was my dad's birthday so my sister and her family came into town and the guys played golf and the girls watched the kids and ate salsa. I know, it's never fair. Then, my dad had a birthday wish. He wished that we would play Earth Wind and Fire real loud and dance around the living room. As you can see by the look on my husband's face in the corner, we all totally let ourselves get lost in the music.


Mom and I got to go to my sister's new house and help her settle in. Her home is beautiful already and she has wooden floors in pretty much every room--well not in the sunroom, there are BRICK floors in there. Brick, I tell you.


Then we were driving around town. By we I mean my sister was driving, I was in the passenger seat and my mom was in the back holding up a big ol' mirror over her head so she could live. My sister had just purchased a HUGE mirror while we were out, I also had the back of the car FILLED with boxes for moving. So, my mom who was in the backseat had to lift up the corner of the mirror so she could sit up strait.--I cannot stress enough how typical this is for us girls to drive/ride in these conditions.

I was early for a baby shower so I had the big idea of driving by June's house. Not that I've been there before but I had managed to wrangle out of her where she lived {like any respectable stalker would do} so we decided to just see if maybe she happened to be outside in her front yard because that would be the only way I would know if it were her house. Well, fate would have it that she and Marvin were both in the front yard so we lost all sense of pride and honor and ignored that voice inside screaming at us to just drive by and keep going, also, my mom in the backseat was saying the same, and we turned around and stopped to say "Hi". Yeah. So we got to meet Marvin and see June for a second and her adorable front yard. I'm thinking it was worth the shame.


When I got home I had a huge package from Debbie and her daughter, Joy! Good grief! It was like Christmas! Look how talented she is and she even made me a sign that says NESTER! It's the first thing I've ever gotten with Nester. Now I feel real. Oh, and she's such a sweetie that she even threw in a pin for June because she knows how much I adore June and just knew I could deliver the pin. Do you have any idea how much I was hating that I didn't have this with me earlier in the day so I could look like I actually had a purpose in trying to find out where she lived? So June, see that box at the top with the yellow ribbon tied around it, your pin is sitting on that and it is completely adorable and you will be glad to know that it has pink in it. Don't worry, I'll be sure to get it to you, when you least expect it.

29 comments:

Valarie Lea said...

You have already meet June once, so I wouldn't call it stalking, I would call it being friendly. Even if you did drive around looking for the house and hopeing she just might be outside. :0)

Katie said...

Haha! Hey, what's wrong with a little stalking?

Heather said...

Earth Wind and Fire, June and a goodie box??? It's all too much fun.

Dawn said...

Sounds like a fun weekend!

And, it's only stalking if you mean to harm someone, right?

Debbie - StudioBeeCreations said...

Sooooooooooo glad you like your gities from Joy & me.....I LOVE the picture of "the EWF dance"....made me giggle out loud....have a BEEEEE-A-U-TIFIL day!
creative blessings, Debbie

joyfullness said...

This is crackin' me up!!!I am so glad you liked your..and June's...
(teehee) gifties!!
Love your Hub in the background during the dance party!!!

Anonymous said...

Your dad sounds like the nicest most fun man ever! Every picture he looks like he is enjoying life. I know I would like that man! As for your hubby...He looks a lot like my hubby (so I think hes a total hottie). He just looks like a man who is tired with A WHOLE LOT on his mind!!!! From what you have wrote I cant blame him one tiny bit.
Now on to you stalking June..lol
I think your off the charts fabulous but you just did the one thing that makes me CRAZY....drop ins or drop bys..lol
I cant believe you didnt take a pic or two of her and her yard? I know she is flattered beyond words that you admire and love her so much....probably enough she doesnt care if you just dropped by or STALKED her..lol
One last thing...I dont get the part where you said your mom was holding a mirror above her head in the car?

Mrs. B said...

So, you of the many stalkers, are in fact a stalker yourself. This makes me feel so much better! Your pressies are so super cute. how sweet of Debbie.

In every picture I've seen of your sisters house, even the ones with the strange pink wall treatment, I've thought, oh, but look at those gorgeous floors. I love those floors.

The Nester said...

traci,

yes, my dad is soooo fun,you would love him. my husband is fun to and you are right, tired!

now, i will let you know that we did not even get out of the car or pull into June's driveway--we simply pulled to the side of her street and I yelled her name, real one of course, and said a quick hello. i hope she doesn't hate me for it.

The mirror, I think I'm gonna have to add a photo and explain that one in the post more--off to change that.... so go back and read it again. you are right, that made no sense.

Anonymous said...

ahhhhhh, now the mirror makes TOTAL sense!!! Ok, can you tell Im totally addicted to your blog??? I was just on here about an hour ago and HAD to come back to see if you answered my VERY important question regarding the mirror..lol.
I really, truly do have a very busy, active life..lol

Tiffany said...

What could be more fun than dancing with your family?! I love the little girl in the pink in a blur of twirl.

Have a good week!

BTW, I'm posting Tiff's Tips #2 today so come by a little later. :) Happy Monday!

kari and kijsa said...

Sounds like fun! A great time!!

Check out our post today for a fun freebie magazine offer!!!

blessings,
kari & kijsa

Anonymous said...

Your welcome to stop in my front yard anytime. I will let you in the house if you give me a good three days to clean. Who am I kiddin' , you are not afraid of crumbs! Susie H.

Joy said...

So, how sad is it that, without even seeing the picture, I knew exactly what you meant by the mirror thing---maybe because I'm guilty of using this same method of torture on my own family members! I'm happy to hear that I'm not alone on this one.

Amy H said...

Nester- I love to hear about your dad! I miss mine terribly and it seems people around me don;t appricate thier dad like you do! It always brings a happy tear to my eye to know there are other great dads out there!

Tracey said...

You can stalk me anytime you want now that I bought your junk and you have my address!

Like Traci, I used to hate drop in company. Once I got my house together (only took 2 years of Fly Ladying) I started enjoying drop ins.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a fun weekend. Now get packing girlfriend!!!

Kristi~The Slipcover Girl said...

Very cute! BTW...run to my blog, I'm doing a giveaway! Can't wait to see your new digs!

Amy said...

I just love your blog!! You write just like I imagine you talking. Your ideas are absolutley anmazing and I love your creativity! Keep on inspiring us!

Amy

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had a fun weekend!

a boy a girl and a pug said...

The mirror and your mom cracked me up! And brick floors. Just say it ain't so...it's too much!

Love love love your blog!

Anonymous said...

Hello Nester. :)

I have been pouring over your blog this week during naptime. I love the photos of your house(s) (inside and out). They are really so inspiring! I am now looking at my home decor with new eyes... And, I love the touches of black that you use in your rooms...I am thinking that a couple of my rooms need a little touch of black and I am brainstorming ways to do just that...and, I love gold frames too (they add a bit of fanciness even to a casual room,I think). I have added you to my list of reads. I hope that your latest move will be as painless as possible. God bless.

Darla said...

Uhhh helloooo available to be stalked over here in the corner.

How cool is that!

twinkle twinkle baby, twinkle twinkle said...

I love your blog!! I am so inspired by you! I am so greatful for your last post, about moving. Me and my husband are in the process of trying to sell our house. My husband is a builder and we have had two people file bankruptcy on us for 370,000 dollars (a father and a son). So we need to get rid of our house! I am so glad to see that there is light at the end of the tunnel!!

amy said...

Nester, Thanks for the inspiration! Check out today's post on my blog:
http://littlewhiteschoolhouse.blogspot.com/2008/05/more-mistreatments-and-other-crafting.html
Hope I have not taken mistreatment too far! :)
Amy

Jennifer P. said...

I have been envious of those brick floors of your sister's ever since the first photo appeared. GORGEOUS!

And don't you L-O-V=E getting packages from blogging buddies? I've never felt so loved in all my life until I joined in this amazing community! Looks like you made out pretty well :)! and there's always TOMORROW for packing....

Kitty Scraps said...

Lucky Duck! Sounds like you had a wonderful weekend, totally hating you (not really as I have just gotten a shopping buddy of my own but more about that later) LOL

Musings of a Housewife said...

That is so fun that you stopped by June's house. What a hoot. And that picture of your mom in the back holding the mirror. What a stitch.

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

That picture of your husband is pricelss really! And I LOVE going to your sisters blog and reading about her house. She as just as cute as you are!
Glad you got to see June!
And what a nice friend Debbie is!!