Welcome


If you found this post congrats!

This post is for those of you coming to the swap meet. If you are here and have no idea what I'm talking about you are free to snoop around. Lot's of you are asking questions and during the week you can leave comments here and I'll answer them.

1. What should I bring?

2 or three household items you no longer want and a finger food or dessert

If you are like me you have a box of stuff in your coat closet or in your hutch that holds some houseware items you just don't use. Maybe that stuff is too good to sell at a yard sale for .25 cents but not your style. Maybe you just don't have a place for it. Bring that stuff. If everyone can bring at least 2-3 items that would be great. Here are some examples:

  • vase
  • lamp shade
  • decorative plate
  • fabric
  • mirror
  • photo frames
  • pillows

I've got a few small decorative bird cages and photo frames that I haven't used in a few years that I'll be putting in the pile. Do not go out and buy new stuff. Do not worry if your item has some wear.

No clothes, no books {unless they have to do with decorating} no toys--but wouldn't it be fun to have a swap for all of that stuff too?

2. How will the swap work?

I have no idea. Honestly, I think I have invited entirely too many people to make the swap run smoothly. So we'll have a few designated places to put our swap items and somehow grab a few new things that we think we can use. Clear as mud? I focused more on inviting the people who showed interest in coming-- so for me it was worth it to err on having fun than having a super controlled swap. There will be no pressure and no one will be at the door judging what your item is worth.

3. How many friends can I bring?

Remember that part up there where I said too many people? Unless I invited your friend, this time I cannot allow extra people. If all goes well, I'd love to do a big swap that is actually organized, where we can invite lots of friends. I promise you will have fun and probably know or know of others that will come.

Ok, now I'll leave the comments open for you to chat. If you are coming to the swap, introduce yourself, and if you have a blog, let us know. If you have a question, feel free to ask and I'll try my best to answer it.

See you Saturday--and make sure you RSVP on the evite!

22 comments:

June Gardens said...

I am coming to the swap! Everyone's gonna hate my stuff because my taste is odd. Aren't you glad I'm coming?!

June Gardens
byebyepie.typepad.com

Jen - Balancing Beauty and Bedlam said...

oh my goodness...a hidden post? You are so detective like. Can't wait!!
Who cares if it runs smoothly...it will be a blast. Except be prepared for the crying ladies who don't get your bird cages. :)
Hmm...when we did something similar we organized it into piles based on estimated "retail" value - give or take and you picked from that pile. That way people who bring a candle stick, don't leave with your armoire. :)That might be more hassle than it's worth. We're really just coming for the fun anyhow? ;)Can't wait.

Terri said...

Thank you Nester for doing this!!! I think it will be lots of fun. I haven't even given a thought to what I might bring home... I am all about meeting you, and the other fabulous ladies I only know through blogs!!! (As for my blog, I was pretty quiet all of last month, but am getting back in the groove.)

blessings!
Terri

Terri said...

Now I am thinking of questions!

I don't see your sister Emily on the list... is she coming????

Will we have nametags... with our blog names, as well? Or should we provide our own?

I am so excited!!! Blessings!

Richella Parham said...

I have never heard of a hidden post before, so I feel very Agent-99ish here--like maybe we should synchronize our watches or something.

I will be there, and I am so looking forward to it. My oldest son had his impacted wisdom teeth removed today, and I'm having a root canal tomorrow, so I've been dreading the beginning of this week. . . but oh, how I've been looking forward to the end of the week!
Thank you for hosting us, Nester!

Richella
http://impartinggrace-richella.blogspot.com

kristi_temple said...

I am so excited to come and get rid of my junk . . . err . . . my lovely items. See all of you there.

The Nester said...

Richella, I meant to say it's totally casual. But, if I know me, and I do, I'll have jeans and heels on to go with my bras.

Stacie said...

I'm so excited! I've only been blogging since the first part of this year and this is my first chance to meet some of you lovely ladies that I love to follow in blogland! Can't wait! Gotta get down in the basement and decide what to bring..

Stacie
http://parkavenue-stacie.blogspot.com/

Bonita said...

Okay, I'm stepping way out of my comfort zone to get with all these domestic ladies who know how to decorate and cook stuff people actually want to eat, but I can't wait.

Are you sure I can't bring that gigantic dollhouse I've been trying to unload? Just kidding.

Please give us a tutorial on how you do this secret post thing.

Bonita said...

Almost forgot. This is my blog:
encouragingwordsforwriters.blogspot.com

Kimba said...

I can't wait for this weekend!!! I told The Hubster that he could pick one of the items for me to bring. I fear he's going to choose my gigantic fork and spoon. If he does, I'll be bringing 4 items because who really wants my gigantic fork and spoon, anyway.


Kimba

PS - I just noticed that June is coming too??? That seals the deal...I'm sure to act like a complete fool when I introduce myself to her. I'll stutter and stammer and say ridiculous things about gigantic midgets.

Adcock Circus said...

I am so stepping out of my comfort zone as well. I am studying up on adult conversation as I tend to spend my days wondering if I will survive another hour trying to keep up with my three little ones. So I have promised myself not to chase any of you around with a wet wipe! And I am trying to think of something yummy to bring - PB&J minus the crust of course? No, ok I will think of something else!

heather
http://www.adcockcircus.blogspot.com/

Melissa @ The Inspired Room said...

First of all, Nester, HIDDEN POST? holy cow, so high tech of you.

I just want to tell all of you lovely ladies that I will MISS YOU TERRIBLY! Being that I have two houses and cannot afford to travel from Seattle to NC, and the fact that I just had surgery and can't lift my suitcase let alone my swap items, and the fact that my hubby and I are starting a church in 38 days and I can't spare any time away, I WON'T BE THERE! WAHAAA!!! So sad.

Have lots of fun and get lots of treasures!

xoxoxo

Scooper said...

Well, I just found the hidden post and let me just say that my heart is pounding out of my chest with excitement! I had no idea I would be in such stellar company. I'm afraid I'll be completely verklempt and act like a fool. I haven't met any of you in real life (except Lily of course as she is my BFF) so this is pretty much a dream come true.

Can't wait to meet you all!!!

Oh, my blog is www.missalamode.blogspot.com

Tracey Bower- Bower Studio said...

Can't wait! I remember how excited I was when I first discovered your blog and realized we're practically neighbors! (sort of ;)

Padalily said...

Casual?? Oh man...does that mean I can't wear my fake (but VERY real looking) hair?
I can't wait to meet you all! I'm not a blogger but definitely a blogroupy - there, I've just invented a new word. The Scooper and I are so excited. We'll try not to embarrass ourselves too much, but keep in mind we'll still be on a Coldplay high from the night before.
You'll hear us coming... we'll be the ones loaded up to the gills with stuff to swap. I tend to overdo everything. Nester, do you still want the barstools?

Counting down the hours....

Lily
www.padalily.com

Anonymous said...

Ladies, I had a fabulous time! Thanks, Nester, for hosting such a group of wonderful women and organizing such a great swap. Ladies, thanks for bringing such great items. I hope you are each just as happy as I am with what I swapped for! Have a great rest of the weekend.

Laura
No blog - just a self-confessed Blog Nerd!

Terri said...

It was FABULOUS!!!!!!!!!! I am so happy to have met you all!! Thanks sweet Nester for being a great hostess. I had a wonderful time!!! Blessings!!!

Tracey Bower- Bower Studio said...

Thank you again Nester- had a fabulous time meeting everyone!

Richella, did I see on your blog that you have a child heading to college? How is that possible? You look like you just got out of college!

Nester, if you're wondering who forget the rectangular dish with blue lid that would be me :)

Stacie said...

Thank you so much for a great time and the new items I swapped for were just the icing on the cake! Enjoyed meeting all of you ladies!

Richella Parham said...

Tracey, I knew I liked you the moment I set eyes upon you.

Jen - Balancing Beauty and Bedlam said...

hi ladies - so fun meeting you all yesterday. What fun to be had by all, and again, thanks for sweet Nester for hosting us.
For those of you who had real grown up plans later on yesterday, you missed the rich people's Good Will. You know when you unload treasures, you have to get a few more to replace them. :)