Oh my freaking heck, we've got us an quick and inexpensive way to slipcover a chair or sofa. It involves sewing but is worth it. Pink and Polka Dot calls it the laziest slipcover tutorial ever. She had me at "laziest".
Look at this brilliant creation by at Watch the Wind Blow By {scroll down past her wonderful award}.
And don't miss Melissa's 20 Little Things to Treasure in Autumn--I want it all--NOW! Especially the caramel apples.
Bird Watching
Scrawled out by
The Nester
on
9/19/2008
Labels: bird watching
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
28 comments:
I agree with the 20 reasons to love Autumn....my favorite season. Thanks for your awesome blog, I check it out every single day!
--Ali
That slipcover sofa makes me wish I had a really ugly sofa to slipcover.
That slipcover tutorial is what I've needed for a very long time. My poor sofa! And I've been looking for glass jars to turn into bell jars for a few days now. Beautiful!
I will check these blogs out!
Me? Slipcover? Maybe if it was a Barbie couch! I can barely sew on a button. I would hot glue my husband's buttons on his dress shirts if I could!
Have a great weekend!
-Sandy toes
I DO have a sofa in bad need of a slipcover? Could this be the answer? I was thinking it might need the trash.
The slipcover is great and I adore the coffee table with the little chairs.
Okay.. I know I have gotten so many wonderful ideas from your wonderful blog. Someday I will show you the cute mistreatments I have made since June (when I found you) in my bedroom, office and now FAMILY ROOM. They don't hide my ugly fireplace, but they do make the room prettier!
Anyway I want to give something back to you: Slipcovers. I wanted to have some made, since I don't own a sewing machine, and can't even thread a needle. The gal who is making them gave me a brilliant idea for fabric: Drop Cloths. Canvas Drop cloths. Heavy duty, washable.. cheap.. I first bought the ultra cheap ones from Home Depot... (two 9'x5' panels for $9.95, that is $1.00/yard.) They were a little two GRAY for my furniture.. but they ripped just fine and look great on my windows!!A little trim and I am good to go.
Then I went to a better paint store and bought the runners (4'x15') and they are a creamy oatmeal color and perfect for my couch and chairs.
I wish I could sew.. maybe that will be my next project..although think of the possibilities...I want to monogram the canvas before i recover a chairseat ala wisteria!
thanks for all your ideas!
ahhh, i can't wait to check out that lazy slipcover. its desperately needed on one of our couches. thanks for sharing!
i have a giveaway every weekend on my blog, so be sure to swing by and check it out!
Imagine my surprise to see my very own photo on your blog this morning!! Thanks for the shout out. :o) AND...I've been saving that link to make a slipcover for weeks. I got REALLY lazy and just bought one from ebay. hee hee
I'm so glad you posted that picture! What a perfect solution for a coffee table when you have kids. I'm going to do that exact same thing. Now I just need to find the right table/chair combo!
Thanks for the links...I love carmel apples!
Carrie
"freaking heck?" No it's none of my business, but that just doesn't sound like you.
You are a cutie patootie! Thanks for the props...I was surprised to see my big white sofa on your blog! I must confess, I, truly, AM a lazy seamstress! Keep bird watching, I love finding new & creative blogs!
I can't wait to try that...when I get enough money!
Got your blinkie!!! So I need come cute bird nest ideas for display - under a jar maybe - who better to ask than the nester???
Found your blog. I have lived in many places as well, including Bettendorf and Davenport(1996-2001). Now I'm in Ohio. Anyway, I saw that your favorite color was Tobacco Road for the walls. I used that color all over in my last house. It is very warm and has different tones for the day and night and goes with many different accent colors.
I love your blog and your ideas. I will save as a favorite.
Anna
You inspired me to do another mistreatment...and after a week, I think I like it. Hormones affected my initial analysis of it. http://dearabbi.blogspot.com/2008/09/my-computer-armoire-mistreatment-what.html Thanks for the inspiration. :)
Thanks a bunch for the links to these great places...everything is amazing. I love that bell jar!
bj
I love the the table and chairs in the first photo. So stinkin' cute!!
Elise
OH Holy Nester, I have a question for you. We are about to buy a home with a catwalk(?) overlooking the family room. See photos on my blog if you like. Anyway, I am so excited to have such tall ceilings as I can finally decorate the top of my armoire-I'm thinking bunny weathervane, etc. nice tall stuff. What would you do to not see the tacky phone book that I would have to use to elevate said weathervane or tall stuff. The armoire has a very thick top molding, which equals a very dramatic height difference between the top of the armoire and the top of the molding. Follow?? I would appreciate any advice you care to give.
Thank you!!
Elise
I need to look at that link for the lazy slipcover...I don't sew (well, ripped seams), but I may give it a try if it is easy.
I love Marie and Melissa's blogs, and of course yours!!! :)
Bella
Totally off topic, but who else could I ask? My question for you Nester... what's your opinion on painting outlet covers the same color as the wall? Or do you leave them white? I just painted my kitchen a gorgeous color. (Mannered Gold from Sherwin Williams if you're wondering.) I made the executive decision to leave them white... but I wondered WWND? (What would Nester do?)
came with big {hug} and thanks for linking to my little list of fall favorites...
happy saturday xo
There are several questions I have for you....cause I know you are just the one with the answers. Can you email me so we can chat? basesphsball@yahoo.com
And by the way, I LOVE the idea of using the kids table and chairs as a coffee table. I have a friend who I clean, arrange, organize, etc. for and she for sure needs to use that instead of the table she has!! YEA!! We can get rid of her coffee table!!
Thanks for the links to these great sites. I just love decorating for fall. When are you going to do a post about paint colors for walls? I have a formal living, formal dining and staircase that are in one big room. How do you break up the colors? OR do you have to use just one color?
I just read that you like the color Tabacco Road, what brand is that?
Love your blog...and I loved this b/c it led me to a few new 'fave' blogs. Thank you!
Click on her first page where she says Tobacco Road - favorite color. You can see her photos and paint match from Lowe's. Hirschfield's still makes it, same paint supplier as Duron just different names.
I could live in that house with the little chairs pulled up to the coffee table. I know it's about the slipcover---but those chairs---aaaah!
And I love your bunny tassle too :)!
Post a Comment