How Not To Decorate.
Use fake, bright green, dusty ivy over your kitchen cabs. You will for sure trick everyone and they will think that you can grow that stuff up there. They will comment on how on trend your kitchen is. The 1980's were good.
Hang one tiny picture high on the wall over your big sofa.
Hang a grouping of non related objects high on the wall over your big sofa.
Place all your furniture against the walls.
Buy a huge tv as big as a twin bed and put it in your main living room.
Cords, lots and lots of cords.
Leave dated paneling unpainted because your father in law tells you that painting it is a bad idea.
Leave your dated brick fireplace unpainted because your mother in law tells you that painting it is a bad idea.
Use only the overhead ceiling fan light for your lighting in a room. Do not use any lamps.
Let your drapes hang more than a quarter inch off the ground. Better yet, let them stop right at the window sill.
Buy the matching loveseat and sofa. You will never regret it. Don't opt for the sofa and a few chairs in a different pattern or fabric that are more versatile. You can always buy new furniture when you move and your new house won't fit a loveseat and sofa.
Buy the matching set.
Buy the smallest chandelier you can find.
Hang that small chandelier higher than 60 inches from the ground when it's over a table.
Keep the blinds closed all day even when you are home.
Never paint your walls.
Try to follow a list of rules that people try to force on you when decorating your home especially any set of rules listed on a blog.
Put off any and all projects until they can be done to perfection.
Scrawled out by
The Nester
on
9/17/2008
Labels: decorating dork
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

134 comments:
What, that doesn't say welcome to you?
ps- I love that site!
"Buy a huge tv as big as a twin bed and put it in your main living room." That's my husband's idea of decorating!
I love it! You rock girl. I think that decorating should feel like you want to sit and stay a while! I love your site.
I have to disagree with the matching couches and sofas. I think matched or mismatched can both look great if you do it right. Also- I think it is possible to have a giant TV in your living room, if it is your ONLY living/family room, and still make it work. You just have to be super careful to soften up the rest of the area, not use chrome/glass/modern etc, entertainment centers, and keep as many electronic related extras hidden in cabinets. It can work. I've done it and it looks fabulous, and I'm not the only one who thinks so.
All the rest of these are great, though.
Oops! I really need to go to bed...
I love the mixed look. In both my formal living and also my den, I have one couch and two chairs. The matching chairs are a completely different fabric, yet compliment the color of the couch. Love the look - it works very well for us!
Is that THREE matching sofas in the picture? Can you say overkill?
HEY, THAT'S MY HOUSE!!!
Just kidding! Wouldn't it be sad if it really were the house of one of your readers?!?
I agree that you shouldn't follow ANYONE'S list. Your home should be comfortable to you, no matter what others think about it.
This is down right hilarious! Thanks for the chuckle!
Whew. Just when I was about to grow fake ivy in the rafters...
Too funny. You must be reading my mind on a few of these. I'm trying to convince my hubby to let me paint the brick fireplace AND we went shopping for a smaller, flat screen tv just yesterday so I can get the nasty black box out of my den. Oh and you will have to keep preaching to me on the perfection thing. Although you would be proud, I have several projects in the works AND still allowed a friend over for a visit today. See, you are getting through - keep preaching, sister!
*LOL*!!!!!!!!!!!! I couldn't agree more with all of those things.....!!
I did initially like the picture though *blush* but that's because it reminded me of a friend's house. Her family is from Iran.. and their house used to look like that.. ohh, and *minor detail* they made THE BEST food ever.. ;) (perhaps those two things are linked forever in my head)
Greetings from the netherlands!
Awesome! Do you know how many people (I'm sure you do) are really following this advice? We have been house-hunting a few times in the past few years and it is disgusting! People need to ask for help!
Carrie
I just caught this!!! Don't know HOW I missed it, but here I am up at the crack of dawn still contemplating the method of death for my FAUX IVY!
Thanks for the laughs!! I saw a few more mistakes posted that I am going to have to FIX when I get perfectionistic! They have pills for that, right???
Ha ha ha!
I'm guilty of the matched living room sofa set- which I now totally regret getting. It was the right thing at the time (oh...about 10 years ago!) but now I want something totally different. The problem (or not) is that they're holding up fairly well. RATS!
Can you slipcover leather sofas, etc and make them look decent? I've seen episodes on HGTV of slipcovering leather sofas and I thought they ended up looking worse than the before photos.
Nester, I LOVE getting ideas from you...you're fabulous! However, I have to admit that I follow my heart. Heck...I painted birds and fish on my walls. I'm pretty sure some people would scratch their heads and say they wouldn't do that but I love them.
Hi,
It's so funny how trends change...things come and go!
I've had more matching couches and love seats than I can to remember through the years. Thank goodness I didn't do that when we moved here! There wasn't room actually!
Great list...and I enjoy your blog!
diane
Ha! I have to say one of my biggest pet peeves is when I'm in someone's house and all their blinds are closed in the middle of a sunny day. It's all I can do not to go around opening them and lighting some natural light in. I spent a day with a friend whose house was like a cave in the middle of June because she had all the drapes closed tight. Makes me feel like I can't breathe!
Also can't take the pics hung too high. Makes me feel like the floor is slowly sinking... -Julia :-)
Um, I meant to say it's all I can do not to go around opening the blinds and LETTING the natural light in. Sheesh. I really should never leave comments before I'm fully awake. -Julia
haha. I have the dated un painted brick fireplace. The trick is convincing my hubs that it would be ok to paint it.... *sigh*
ahhhhh.....the truth. Well said.
Thank you, just what I've been wanting. A list telling me specifically what not to do. I have a little work to do, but the one thing I wish I could change is our giant,twin bed size, flat screen t.v. in our living room. The rest of the room is super cozy, besides what would my manly man do every night if it were gone?
I have been to this house! My biggest peeve is when pictures are not hung right or too high or too small! Great posting!
-Sandy Toes
I so agree with the overhead light~they're so cold and sterile. There is nothing more cozy than lamps at night. You know what I would love a post on? Cords! Best way to hide them, any tricks you have, no-no's, etc.
You pricked me just a little with this one. What if it's your daughter's who are begging you, "please don't paint the fireplace". Does that count? I may end up doing it anyway but they have won for now.
funny and so true! I am guilty of putting off projects - waiting to be able to do it 'just so.' Part of it's a finance issue, but mostly it's just a lazy issue. I'd better get to work huh!
Thanks!
too funny...i am glad i have some sense, thanks mom! hey, come by my blog and see my latest "mistreatment" - it looks great...have a good day. PS- i would love a bird tassel for my birdie baby's nursery, do you have any to sell?
Whew! All you need is a 360 mirror and you could start your own show!
These are too funny and also the things that drive me crazy! Love your blog, you say what I am often thinking!
Thank you so much for this post. There's a couple of people I know that need to read this. I will be forwarding your link to them. They need a shot of decorating reality.
I really need a laugh...will the poor person whose living room this is, please stand up. The Nester will send you one of her amazing tassles...and garlands and you can hang them from your mirror and then life will be all good again....and, and, and!
Some poor lady is probably crying in her bathroom...hee heee
Ha - So Great. I was checking them off in my mind- had that - my mom has that - his mom has that. Ok- Ok already. Its an all out rebellion on the 80s. Its on!!!
"Buy the matching loveseat and sofa. You will never regret it. " I did that in 1989 . . . I did regret it and left it with the divorce!
Hmmm, so, for my Archie Bunker Family Room that I can't decide WHAT to do and I WANT it perfect and I KNOW that is not possible right now - go for the gusto and DO SOMETHING - ANYTHING - anyway?!?!
Oh I love this site!
Too funny - and I agree whole heartedly!
you forgot one based on this picture...
leave a huge lizard of some sort under your coffee table to welcome guests...
What the crap is that????
In the begining I broke most of those rules. I'm a little better but I still need to get rid of the ivy.
What a gaudy room it's making me itch!
I love the in-laws opinion part. I hate my in-laws! They have such a bad, bad taste for decorating and they're always getting into my house decor business.
Cracking up over here!!! This is hysterical, and sadly reminds me of my mom. I've been telling her for YEARS she needs something bigger over her couch!
Great advice here, Nester, and permit to add the following for outdoor decorating:
Go to your local discount center or flea market and buy every single plastic yard ornament they have. Populate your yard with said ornaments until there isn't a single space that remains undecorated.
While you're at it, throw in some large boulders painted white for emphasis and maybe a carved tiki out of that palm tree that rotted.
Be sure and put lots and lots of fake plants in planters and even plant plastic asparagus fern in Quik-crete in the ground around your flower beds. Glue plants to planters and glue planters to walls and surfaces so no one will steal your fake plants or plastic planters. (Truth! Seen with my own two startled eyes!)
Be sure and do this if you move to Florida because you left your other "tamer" self wherever it is you came from. Also do this so you won't have to water in the summer or protect your plants in the winter. Totally disregard the fact that it rains cats and dogs in a Florida summer, rarely freezes, and that Florida is the Garden of Eden when it comes to growing things... LIKE REAL LIVE PLANTS.
Tack a big sign on all of it announcing whose garden it is. Station a garden gnome next to it as a guard.
Sheila ;-)
I'm confessing, I broke the TV rule. I gave into getting that 52" TV for football season. (This did make for a HAPPY husband.) Just to make things clear, it will be moved into the basement as soon as we can make sure we aren't going to get anymore water in the basement & get new carpet & furnishings.
yeah...I got the matching love seat and sofa...idiot.
Oh that is funny!
I'm having a autumn banner giveaway come check it out!
If I may just add one more...
be sure to turn all your sofa pillows so that they sit on their corner.
??!! I can't even imagine why someone would think trying to defy gravity is a good idea.
I have to say I agree with what you said and admit I'm guilty of being too matchy matchy. I'm trying though to fight the urge!
I especially love this one..
"Try to follow a list of rules that people try to force on you when decorating your home especially any set of rules listed on a blog."
I'm so glad that you said this.. because I believe if you truely love it, it stays! You Rock Nester!
As I sit here and look at this huge mega basket of ivy over my desk, that has been left for me by previous occupants, I am thinking I need to take it down. :)
ok, i'm going to work on a few things! I looked over at my jcpenny curtains that were left here when we moved in (they are in the playroom which is the last on my list)...yep, at the window sill!!
I have to agree the most with closed blinds! Makes me CRAZY!!! I also can't stand really dark houses at night. I've been walking around my neigbhorhood, and the houses are soooo dark. I get to ours and it looks like day light, all the lamps on, porch lights, etc.!
Ha! I have to laugh. There are so many of these fo-pauxs (sp?) in our new home right now that I haven't gotten around to fixing. Must say I am gulity of not getting to a project until it can be completed with perfection...oops!
Blessings to you and yours,
Allow me to be the dissenting opinion about the matching couches. I have two denim slip-covered couches that I love, along with a chair upholstered in a floral pattern, a red/cream striped rug, red/cream buffalo check stationary panels on the VERY tall windows, and various pieces of natural, cream, & black country-style furniture. It looks great together!
Oh, and I also have a two-story tall UNPAINTED (gasp!) weathered brick fireplace.
So, there are always rule-breakers.
The first time the mister and I went to our son and new daughter in laws apartment I almost couldn't believe what she'd done. All of her pictures (mostly 8 X 10) on her wall were about 6 inches below the ceiling. Which gave me a neck ache just looking at them. What's really strange is she is about 5 ft tall. Unfortunately, the marriage didn't last. The new wife knows how to hang pictures! Mimi
Oh...I have so done one of those things...First our tv in the living room, that's hubby's fault, it's the size of a twin bed....The brick, well we don't have a fireplace but we do have a brick entry wall...I need to get that up on my blog and get some much needed advice. I want to paint it but I am still not sure....
Let me add:
Use all matching coffee and end tables to achieve the furniture store effect!
Hilarious post!
One rule I teach my kids as soon as they're tall enough to reach the light switch:
Never for any reason under any circumstances do you turn on overhead lights....Ever. Ever. Never.
We have ceilng fans in every room (you have to have them . . . it is just too dern hot here in NC) but we never use the lights on them unless I've lost an earring or something like that. I have a sofa and 2 chairs that match but I also have a pair of wingback chairs in a different fabric and I mix them up to make up separate conversation areas.
What is that under the coffe table? It looks like a giant lizard or something.
Love this one, Nester! I was laughing out loud.
Oh, this is good.
Hey, yesterday my MIL brought me over a housewarming gift for our new home we bought. It's a huge wall sconce, filled with fake flowers. Um. I guess she never heard of the POOPIE club.
She has the perfect place for it too - in our front entry.
WHAT AM I GOING TO DOOOOO????
Just shoot me now.
Oh Nester you are so right.
We have sigh matching couches My dear husband bought them just before we got married. They are holding up great and are so comfortable, BUT I HATE THE LOOKS OF THEM ALL MATCHY MATCHY STARING AT ME ALL THE LIVE LONG DAY! One day I will have them reupholstered because I can't stand slip covers and the shifting and the constant tugging and fixing!
But my family room is all complimenting chairs and I like the looks so much better!
A word to all don't wait Decorate!
Don't wait to sell you house or that big family event do a little in each room, repourpose re use re invent but do something!
Funny!!! Kelly
OK, the paneling thing hit a little too close to home! That's it. I'm buying paintbrushes and when I get grief about painting - I'm telling them "the nester said I could!!!"
Blessings,
Courtney
I am laughing so hard right now! I hate it when you have to get a crick in your neck to look at people's pictures they've hung too high! Also, I think you forgot: Every room has to have a "theme"!
Phew! I think I passed the test. If my husband had his way we would definitely have a huge big screen tv as the focal point.
I love you so much! I had to create a blog just to show you how I am following almost everyone of your rules..
2 matching couches
floor to ceiling ugly brick fireplace
And...
"Do hang one 8x10 poorly framed, un-matted unnaturaly colored photo in the middle of a wall." Love that look.
I drive my husband crazy by constantly turning the overhead lights off. He thinks I'm weird. Someday he'll learn.
Whoops... sent way to fast.. I am so excited at the thought of you looking at my blog, I got jumpy!!
Please please will the nester fans and friends take a look at my pathetic fireplace and give me some ideas.
It is a classic 1990's builder special and we want to look at this as an OPPORTUNITY to be creative!!
Right???
Please.. anyone??
ahhh, you're always good for a laugh.
"Buy the matching set" ...
My husband is BENT on this! We just bought a new bedding set, and I had to practically make a scene in the store to convince him to buy some sheet that "go", but weren't part of the set. Uggg! I wasn't so lucky with convincing about the furniture not matching, but I am trying to find cute pillows/fabric etc...
I almost wish that was your "Do" list...I'd have most of them taken care of already ;)
I didn't see anything about using dead animals as decoration. My hunter hubby keeps trying to talk me into letting him hang deer heads and the like in our living room or bedroom. So far I have been able to keep them all in the basement and keep the company out of the basement. LOL!
Smiles!
Sounds like my in-laws house. Oops, did I really just write that?
Hysterical and true!
TV as big as a twin bed . . . BAH HA HA!!!
If you need to see a football game that big - just go to the darn game!!!
I don't care for matching loveseat/sofas if they are patterned (gets to be a little too much).
But if they are solid, I think they are perfectly fine.
Meg...no Google account, so I couldn't post on your blog. My solution for a similar fireplace was to hang a large rectangular mirror with a large wreath hung in front on wide ribbon.
It worked beautifully for my room, because the fireplace is directly across from a north-facing window, so it doubles the measly light. And, the reflection also helps the wreath look more impressive.
Thanks Nester. I needed this post. I am so bad about putting off projects for fear of not having them come out perfect.
THANK YOU!!!! especially the closed blinds thing, seriously. open those bad boys up already!
I would agree with nearly all of these except for the TV thing. Some people - me, included - like big TVs. Some of us have small homes, so my "main living area" is my ONLY living area. Personally, I would rather see someone with a big TV in their living room than someone who has TWO living rooms, but that's just MHO.
I hope I don't offend anyone, but I would not decorate with anything in the house that could not "really" be IN the house. Fake birds and owls! I mean really, would a bird come land in your house and just sit on the mantle? Not thinking so! But again, it's YOUR house so do what you like. I'm just saying.
No offense Nester, I know you like a nest or two, but I do think you are a genius and should have your own show. I use your tips all the time :)
could you be any funnier? seriously, give it up and tell us whose house that is in the picture. better yet, keep posting more of those- i love what NOT to do! :) love you!
Oh, ouch. You just described my livingroom. Basically. It looks better than that picture up there, though! For starters, my pictures on the wall kick ass over that, lol.
But I am battling a dh who is all about function over form. Argh.
That was too funny! I think that's how most men decorate! You forgot...an area rug that's just big enough to only fit under the coffee table!
that photo gives me the pure ass shivers....my corneas are burnt..
lisa
coastal nest
That sounds like the recipe for a lovely and warm home.... :)
I've actually got "paint ugly brick on fireplace" on my list of things to do before the in-laws come in a month! Yeah - you pretty much covered all my "special" favorite decorating tricks in this post. Especially the teeny tiny picture hung above my head on a random wall!
carolina girl--i just attached a fake crow to the sticks in my living room and you are right, it's so unnatural! But, my boys clapped with joy and gave me the thumbs up {why, WHY was this so great for them?} so, it's staying--for a few weeks!
How'd you get inside my house?? Ha ha...I don't have fake ivy on my kitchen cabinets, but it does look bare up there...what are you ideas for those? Also please tell my husband that paint my last for five years (with kids handprints) but that there are just to many color choices out there to leave one color on the walls for very long.
In reading this enormous list of comments, I was hoping to find someone who was going to argue with you - ya know, just for a little Wed night entertainment. But you are LOVED & have once again taken the decorating world by storm!!
I do absolutely LOVE this list! After buying 3 separate pieces that compliment each other for my living room, a friend asked why I didn't buy a "matching" set. (sigh) I guess she just doesn't get it, huh? :)
You can paint wood pannel? I'vwe thought about doing it but I've never seen it done. I hate my pannel walls.
EEEEWWWWWW. Gross.
But these things I found are PRETTY! And I immediately thought of you and thought you might like them...
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/15-Vintage-Birdhouse-Tags-8-x-5-cm_W0QQitemZ360089683608QQihZ023QQcategoryZ31739QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Halloween decorations dont count. I did see a cute tree (no leaves) painted black with a crow and in a black urn. It was way cute and spooky :) Your a genius. Everything you touch looks good. I can see boys liking crows. It would scare the daylights out of my 4 girls!
Hi!!! I'm wondering if you will be having more tassels and garlands on sale at etsy soon? PLEASE! :) Thanks- kel who recently was making a bedskirt in the "nester" fashion hee hee
All good not to do tips....Especially the tv/twin bed scary thing :)
OH MY! I so need your help! I just posted pictures of my ugly family room that needs to be redone. Let me know what you think. I as going to e-mail you and ask you what you thought about my boring masterbed room also.
I would love your input
Timi
Great decorating tips, it made me laugh because we have all done something on that list at one time or another. That picture is the perfect example of what not to do.
Hmmm I have a big tv in our family room...we only have one room that the tv can be in. Darn I guess I don't make the cut. rofl, cherry
hi! i love your blog! you have such great tips and very creative. i wanted to share this with you as one of my friends is involved with a new show that is being created for Lifetime TV. i think you live in South Carolina? or did you move from? Anyhow, I just think that you'd be perfect for the show or if you know of any other "true southern belles", please pass this on to them or refer them to my blog. feel free to erase this if you don't want this long post on your comment section. i posted about the Casting Call on my own blog as well. Here's the information:
CASTING CALL
Do you know a SOUTHERN BELLE living in Charleston, SC?
Lifetime Television, the network behind “Army Wives,” is looking to showcase proud southern women in a new television series. They are looking for dynamic, active women who want to let them into their lives and times. It is time to show America that Southern women truly exemplify ideal mothers, wives, sisters, friends, and neighbors. If you are a Southern belle (ages 25 or older) or know a Southern woman worthy of nomination please email SaraCasting2007@yahoo.com your: Name, phone number, current photo of yourself and your home as well as a brief description of your life. Lifetime will be in Charleston interviewing real Southern women 9/22-10/12
thank you,
mary anne
more junk to sell?
yes, that's what I'm doing today after school! I've got lots of fresh new trims that are glorious!!!
painted paneling? you want to see some? I'll do a post about it really soon!
*blushing* I am guilty of a couple of those. Thaks for the 'gentle' reminder of my faux pauxs!
OK, so seriously. I have a sofa and chair w/ ottoman that matches in my family room. I loved it when I ordered it (a mere year ago) and now that it's in there, I hate it. Would it be wrong to put the chair in another room even though it obviosuly matches the sofa in a different room and replace that chair with a less matchy one? Worse, it's plaid. The sofa, chair and ottoman. The fabric is pretty but now it's screaming I AM PLAID! COME SIT ON ME BUT DON'T PUKE. Oh dear. Help, please.
Well.. the photo tucked on the outside of the picture frame drives me crazy. Funny list.
well, i feel as though i'm doing something right, since nothing on that list matches my house :)
thanks for the info! i need all the help and ideas i can get when decorating my house. love your blog!
You are too funny!!! Keep em coming girlfriend!
i can stop laughing at the one tiny picture hung high over the couch... so true.. but you forgot to add... you have to use the school picture in the oak frame that doesn't match anything..
thanks for the laugh i needed that this morning
Amen and hallelujah!
I relate to the last one. I wait too long on projects b/c I want them perfect.. he he he
Great post- thanks for the giggle :)
Added your blinkie today. I'm hooked.
LEE!
Yes, by all means you are totally allowed to move the matching chair to the other room! That's a trick designers use all the time! {so i've heard!}
If my husband decorated my living room wouldlook like an air traffice control room with tv and several computers hooked too it.
OUCH, now!
I am in the process of decorating my home and I don't have many of the don'ts that you have listed. Come check out what I have done and let me know your opinion. Your site is great by the way.
So where do you get all of your great decorating idea? Just wondering what makes you such an expert?
I've done the drapes off the floor lots of times. Bad me I guess. Usually have pets with hair that sheds...
AND I kept the blinds closed all day in town because the neighbors pool was 6 feet outside the windows.
My husband and I fight cord wars.
What about "Paint every wall plain white." That makes no sense to me.
WHERE did you find that picture and what kind of "juju" were they drinking when they did that decorating!!!!
Ugh... I have a matching love seat and sofa in front of a large TV. Yikes! It's in the basement...so, does it still count? I knew it was a mistake when we bought them. Did I mention it was leather? Does that help? Probably not... did I mention that most of the seats recline? That probably killed it, right? Well, I was a newlywed making her new husband happy. Silly, silly me.
While it might not be my preference...in the end it's their home, their style, and their preference, and ultimately... what's most important is whether they like it. I for one can't understand the metal star phenomenon...it's not particularly beautiful, and completely expected as every other person has one....but if the person likes it and has a different color for every room then kudos to them for choosing their own decor.
hilarious!
HIGH FIVE!
Dear annony {three above this}
You are so right!
Don't take advice from "Nesting Place" because she really doesn't have a clue what she is talking about. Amen.
thanks for all of your inspiration! my mom finally let me loose on parts of her house that had beent he same or undone for 10 or more years because I've been sending her so many links to your blog!
She got rid of her ivy on her cabinets and became a POOPIE- and has 'perfect' window treatments on 3 sets of windows as of yesterday!!
"Try to follow a list of rules that people try to force on you when decorating your home especially any set of rules listed on a blog."
I had to lol at this one. I just submitted pics of my living room, which I KNOW needs help, to an interior designer's blog. Because I do have matchy sofa/loveseat/chair problems AND an outdated brick fireplce. If anyone wants to chime in and give me advice you are welcome!
http://tamlynnj.blogspot.com/2008/09/i-almost-feel-famous.html
Whoooaaaa Nelly!!! Hope my comments about not being my preference but to each his own were not taken as confrontational or critical! The matchy matchy, everything in it's proper usual place, to me anyway, is akin to some women who still don't leave the house without matching handbag and shoes; a simple Avon chotchky is displayed and appreciated as though it were a rare and precious antiquity; would never wear shorts in public or mixed company, etc..
Would I ever decorate that way? No. As a matter of fact it may be considered downright old fashioned. Maybe that's why it's a bit charming. And Nester you can appreciate this:), but I can imagine her name might be Birdie.
"Buy furniture that is waaay to small or waaaa too big for the room in which it is to be placed... and leave it there."
I am guilty of the corner pillows.... reason: I can't remember which pillows go on which sofa. LOL...
Uck, Nester, I have done some of those things. Am doing. Shoot me with a hot glue gun. I'm so glad I have you to help me kill the bad decorating habits.
The sarcasm and criticism in this blog is quite entertaining. What makes it even more funny is that it is coming from little miss southern "christian" hick! Take a real good look at yourself and your surroundings before you start giving advice!!!
Hello! I just wanted to stop by to let you know that you made news in my blog again - two times in one post! I even shamelessly posted a picture displaying unpainted brick in my den - bold, huh? I hope you will stop by when you get a chance! Please be gentle...
dear annon {two above} apparently I have offended you, I am so sorry that you were hurt by what I said in this post. I think we all know in the scope of life, decorating is not even on the list of things that are that important.
I just want this blog to be a fun, lighthearted place to be!
Thanks!
love this post!!!
cute blog! but i am now a little self concious because i have hand me down couches that include a love seat and matching comfy chair and couch, oh god...
I outright laughed at this, and even mentioned one or two of these on my blog today! First time visitor - so glad I stopped by!
Classic just classic!! You are so funny...love reading your blog
first time visitor (I think)...LOVE this post!
Ha! I'm absolutely guilty of most of this stuff. I need help.
Oh my, that is dang funny! A few houses came to mind... :) K
Hey that is so my house!
So what are you supposed to do when you only have one main, tiny, living room downstairs and your hubby comes home with a 40" flat screen? It won't fit in the old entertainment center that hid the old tv. So it sits on the low bookcase and all of the cords for the associated gadgets are all going up the front of it, it is driving me crazy!
Post a Comment