It's my blog's birthday today.
She's one year old.
The Mushy Part
Here's the first post. All of my life I have been playing in my house and it's been so fun to document it, hear your opinion {good and bad} and hot glue for an audience. It won't be long and I'll have a pretty new blog design and I hope it will be a little more reader friendly.
The Non Mushy/Decorating Tip Part of the Post
Seeing the photo of my boys on the porch of The House That I Loved reminded me of how we carved our pumpkins that year. I usually have grandiose plans of my husband carving 3 or 20 different pumpkins. I always forget that after carving one, the fun is gone, the kids are watching The Great Pumpkin and being creative becomes a chore.
That year we got our the drill and different size drill bits and within 3 minutes had drilled polka dots all over that big green pumpkin. It doesn't look all that stunning in the day but at night it was radiant. It was my favorite pumpkin ever!
- Don't forget to visit the moms over on the left sidebar with Moms Unite. Buy from moms this season--not robots. There's still time to get yourself an ad or on Kimba's list!

84 comments:
I love to carve pumpkins too and it was my husband's first time ever last year. We have not done so yet but are GOING to get to it this year.
Oh yeah....HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
I love the drilled pumpkin. I saw that a few years back on Martha Stewart. We did it and it was a little messy (pumpkin guts on the wall!!) but is is really beautiful in the dark with a candle or light behind it! Love your blog! It is inspiring!
Stephanie
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!
We solved our problem last year by just carving 2 fake pumpkins. Now we have pre-carved pumpkins that won't ever go bad. And we can put them out super early without worrying that the matsignal is going to look like a giant oval by Halloween night. And since it's fake, there's no pumpkin guts to clean up :)Congrats on your bloggy birthday!
sorry, that should be bat signal (we had a bit of a super hero phase)
Wow! Congratulations on the success that you have achieved in one short year! Amazing!
Amazing what happens when a drill and a glue gun get together:)- you make cute pumpkins!! Ha Ha. We've hauled out the dremmel on occassion... when I've hit the end of managing the pumpkin seeds on the floor and the babies running around with carving tools. Scary. Only 1 year? Girl, how does it feel to be a household name in 1 year... are you ready for your own float at the Macy's Day Parade? They called you right?
Happy blog birthday to the best blog friend evah.
xoxo
Happy Birthday!!
Happy Blogiversary! Mine is coming up here, too...can't believe it's been a whole year! And isn't it fun?
i think chickadee should get the barn star since she was the first one to comment on your blog :)
Happy Blogiversary!
I'm so glad that so many people have found you ~ girl you have an insane # of comments goin'on!
Happy Blogiversary Nester! I remember we started right about the same time! I think I'm one of the only ones "blessed" enough to get to read almost from the start :)! (well, besides Emily---but she already gets to be your sister, so....)
Can't wait to see the new design! SOOOO exciting!
I wish you many, many more years entertaining us all with your glue gun and sense of humor!
Happy Birthday! Love the drilled pumpkin - what a great idea!
I love that little pumpkin house! So cool! Happy 1st Birthday to Nesting Place!
happy blog birthday!!!
at little pumpkin house is soooooooooo CUTE!!
happy blog birthday!!
happy, happy!!!!
Drill holes in pumpkins...now that is a good idea...love it!!!
Happy One year!
-Sandy toes
happy blog-a-versary!!!
Happy Blog-Anniversary!
Love that pumpkin house! The drilled pumpkin is nice too...I think your boys are too cute!
Happy blog birthday to you! You have really achieved quite a bit of fame in one year!
I enjoy checking your blog for your great ideas.
Diane
You made me have a lump in my throat! Happy Birthday,Nesting Place....Your boys on the stairs touched my heart...I guess because I have boys myself...They grow so quick and those fun memories are so important...Treasure them! Meme
What a fun way to carve a pumpkin--something about power tools and boys sounds just right. And Happy Birthday! I'm so glad you decided to share your house and life with us!
Happy blogbirthday Nester,
I have so enjoyed your blog, especially the older posts about your kids and husband! Congratulations on such bloggy success!
You and your laptop have a fun day on your birthday! Sit him/her in the child's seat of the Hobby Lobby cart and enjoy your morning looking at finials, cloches and the like. Grin.
Happy Blogiversary Nester! I enjoy your thoughts on feathering our nests!
I knew your blog-o-versary was coming up soon. Congratulations on one year! You are such an inspiration to me!
That waas the CUTEST pumpkin house I have ever seen!!!!
Happy first Blogiversay!!
Blessings,
Susan
I love your blog and I have gotten so much inspiration from you! Thanks for always sharing your simple yet fabulous ideas.
happy blog birthday~!!
Happy Bloggy Birthday!
Happy Birthday Nesting Place! Thanks for providing us with a year's worth of great ideas, creative decor, and cost friendly crafts! It's been a pleasure reading you! :-)
Happy Blogoversary!
Yipee, my friend. ONLY one year...whew...what a year it's been. LOVE the pumpkin. Feel free to drill away at my house anytime. :)
H@PPY BLOGVERSARY! Must be fun to look back at all the posts from throughout the year to see where you started and where you are now! Cute pumpkins by the way...I love the idea of using drillholes - I bet it was stunning at night!
Happy Blog Birthday friend.. I can't wait to see your new blog design... we haven't gotten around to carving pumpkins this year :(
oh well.. there's always next year, huh?
Happy Blog Birthday!!
Here's to many more.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY NESTER!!! Thanks for all the great inspiration and wisdom... and just treating me like a friend. :)
Nester,
Happy Birthday to Nesting Place.
Karol
Happy Bloggy Birthday :)
Went to the Dallas Arboretum weekend before last and there was a pumpkin gazebo similar to the one in your first pic. I love those.
happy blog birthday and that pumpkin house...amazing!
Happy Blog Birthday!
Sheila
HAPPY BIRTHDAY to the Nesting Place!!! Here's to many more years!!
Happy blog birthday!! Wow, what a year it's been huh? You achieved a lot in a short amount of time. Congrats on all of your success!
We're all so glad you're a part of the blogosphere. You make it a lot more fun than it would be without you.
Here's to another fabulous, creative, and fun year of blogging! -Julia :-)
Happy Blog Birthday...I love your green pumpkin....we did a similar circles everywhere pumpkin this year too!
Happy Blog Birthday!!!!!!!
Happy Bloggy Birthday!! Looking forward to another great year of wonderful ideas from the Nester! :)
Blessings,
Stacey
Happy Blog Birthday to The Nesting Place! Here's hoping for many more to come! Cheers!
I thank you for your darling blog. I have gotten so many wonderful ideas here-window mistreatments, you name it! I love the way you think outside of the box!! Yay!
I bet the green pumpkin was fab!
mary
Congrats on your blog birthday! I'm certainly a big fan! I've recently mistreated 4 windows in my new nest, all thanks to you! You rock! I'll send you pictures of my mistreatments soon. Thanks again for your delightful year of posting!
Happy blogaversary!!!
i love the drilled pumpkin!
its still 95* here so i have yet to even BUY a pumpkin. they rot so fast in the heat. and we probably wont get one done at all this year, i am on the trunk or treat commitee at church this year. sigh...
Happy Blogoversary to you!
Happy Birthday to you!
Happy Birthday to you!
Happy Birthday, dear Nesting Place!
Happy Birthday to you!
Kimba
Happy Blogday!
Happy blog-start day!
~Luke
Happy Blog birthday! You came a long way in one year! Congratulations!
Happy Blogiversary! You've come a long way baby.
That's a GREAT idea for a pumpkin - and fast, too!
Happy birthday to your blog! May it have many more happy, beautiful years!
I can't believe you've only been blogging for a year! What a following and you are such a pro at it. Very Impressive.
Happy Blogiversary, Nester! I'm looking forward to another year of great decorating ideas. I love that you're looking out for the work at home moms. I plan to buy handmade this year as much as possible. Just don't forget our decorating fix too! :-)
Thanks for all you do!
Congratulations on your 1 yr Blog Birthday! Judging from all the comments you obviously have a very successful blog! Way to Go!
Congratulations on your one yr. mark. We will have the same anniversary as I just started my blog today. Since I have a home based faux floral business, your POOPIE posts are a hoot to me! LOVE your blog...I have not been able to post replies until today for some odd reason.
happy happy bloggin-birthday! {love that polka dot pumpkin!!}
Happy Bloggy Birthday to you and your blog! {I love your blog}...my blog is jealous b/c I need a ginormous facelift!
Off to do laundry and watch Pinky Dinky Doo.
P.S. Like the pumpkin house, very fun.
I love the polka dot pumpkin! I was going to try one of those this year. Thanks for the tip on using the drill.
OH! Happy Blog Birthday! I was so happy when you started one. What a fun day.
Wow! Happy Blog Birthday!!!!!
congratulations....Pat H
congrats
Happy-happy birthday!
Your blog is absolutely my favorite. It actually all ( my blog reading habit) started from your blog...Someday, somewhere I bumped into it googling for something...Since that day i became your follower.
I do too as somebody else said like to go back and read your old posts. I like all of them: how to projects, your house pictures, little peeks into your family life. They all have a point or if they don't have a point, still fun to read. =)
I wish you keep blogging. There is always a temptation to improve - to make your blog bigger, nicer, more efficient. I just wish you stay true to yourself.
LOVE the pumpkin house!
I love this idea. The chief cook and pumpkin scooper is away on a business trip right now, so perhaps I will give this a go.
In only one year look at all you've accomplished. GIIRRRRRRRRL! You are amazing.
Happy Birthday Nesting Place!
I could just eat up your 3 precious boys in that punkin' house.
I am going to have to try the drill ! That's awesome.
My blog turns one today (the 30th.)
Happy Bloggiversary! I'm so glad you started a blog a year ago!
You know what's weird...I was painted the frame of two mirrors and was thinking about your little star tutorial on Tuesday...how you painted and dabbed, etc., and did that with my mirrors...and then you had your stars and mentioned painting. That was kewl...more interesting for me than you I'm sure!
All this in one year...WOW! Happy Birthday Nesting Place.
Happy Birthday Blog That Changed My Blogging Life. (and a little of the real life). Thanks for changing my thinking about everything by teaching me it doesn't have to be perfect to be beautiful.
Happy, Happy Blog-B'day!
I Love the polka dot pumpkin! That would be right up my husband's alley :)
Happy Blog birthday! You've blessed us with great inspiration!
Happy blog birthday! How exciting. My blog just started in Sept 08 I can't wait for that milestone. Just found your blog and I can't wait to check in for a daily dose of nesting.
you've come along way since your very first post....
I just love your blog and I follow it daily...
Happy Birthday! I absolutely love your blog and I can't wait to see more!
Happy Birthday!!! It's fun keeping a blog and being able to see how much life has changed.
Post a Comment