Food: More Entertaining Than Fabric?



My husband and I went to a Christmas party last week. The friends who hosted are one of those great couple friends who include you in everything. We are major moochers and take them up on all of their fine offers. I sure hope they don't think we just like them for their chefs and pool access and golf tickets and dinners and hummus.

Guess who was catering? GUESS!



If you know me in real life you know that I would much rather watch a food show than HGTV. And, if you watched Hell's Kitchen this past summer and paused it while you tucked your boys in bed and then had to have a second dinner every night after you watched it because you were craving beef tenderloin and shrimp at 10:30 pm like we did, you will know who this talented man with the expressive eyebrows is.



Petrozza!
Yes--in the flesh! When I found out he was catering the party I literally flushed. Petrozza was a favorite of the viewers this year because of his attitude and personality. I'm pretty sure I'm his biggest fan. At the party he was not only chef but entertainer as well--that's just what happens when he's around! And the food was unbelievable. I mean really, do I even have to tell you that the food was good? The guy ended the show as runner up! Congrats Trozzie {that's what us fan types like to call him} for your success on the show!


Am I the only one who would rather watch food being cooked than someone painting a wall and custom making a window seat?

71 comments:

Jen - Balancing Beauty and Bedlam said...

Since we don't have cable, I miss out on all the Food network fun, but Hell's Kitchen just cracks me up. Reminds me of all my waitressing days
But, let me tell you, I was stuck in front of the Food Network and HGTV as much as I could in our condo last week. How in the world did they get him to cater? Is he from our neck of the woods?

The Nester said...

Yep--he's from the Queen City!

Sherri said...

I Love me some food network! Probably why I am currently contemplating WHICH diet to start in January...
Check out my Christmas tour post - you can see where the Santa Tassels went, and you got a couple of Shout outs!
Merry Christmas Nester!

Anonymous said...

When someone can cook and paint at the same time, I will be so there!

Terri said...

OMG you are so lucky!

YEP the Food Network is on here just about 24 hours a day.

michelle said...

That is so fun! What a great surprise :)

Andrea said...

You hit the JACKPOT!

Melody said...

Oh, I so agree with you, definitely food shows.

It seems to be a family obsession because my 7 year old really loves Ace Of Cakes.

Whitlock's Girl said...

I absolutely LOVE food shows. I love to cook and I love watching others cook. Food is a passion. Must be why my hips have their own Zip code.

Lesley said...

What an awesome Party...I totally would have been all flustered and starstruck....

Darlene said...

Oh MY GOSH...I love Hell's Kitchen and I loved him!!! Having a photo with him makes you a celebrity too!!! What fun!!

Heathahlee said...

Lucky! It's so much fun to meet someone you've watched on t.v.

It would so not do me well to have cable. Well, real cable anyway. We have the "no antenna" package, which only gives us locals and TLC. I would LOVE to be able to have the Food channel. My friend Lisa watches it all the time!

Screaming Meme said...

You are so lucky! :) That is awesome and you look adorable! Did you make that brooch? It is the sweetest...:) Meme

Anonymous said...

Um, I would watch food network 24/7 if we had cable... or a tv. Good thing we don't!

Anonymous said...

OHHHHHHH
MYYYYYYYY
GOSSSSSHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!
I am totally green !!

Sher

Lamp Tramp said...

Very awesome, wish I had that fun experience!

emily freeman said...

Wow. How did I miss this?! So awesome. Look who's gettin everything now.

Our Family said...

LOVE FOOD NETWORK =) Yummy!!! And love your cute blog! And LOVE the door above your couch!!

Lady of the Mote said...

NICE!!!

Mom in High Heels said...

I am so jealous! I loved Petrozza! He was robbed! Robbed I tells ya! Please tell us what the menu was.

Anonymous said...

What great friends to have! It sounds like so much fun! I do love Food Network!

These Are The Days said...

I hate cooking it but love watching and eating it. You are lucky to have such giving friends. We're the same way, we are constantly getting 'hookups' from both of our best friends. All I can say is we must be really fun if they like us despite our freeloading.

Julia @ Hooked on Houses said...

How cool is that?! We did watch that show, even though Gordon Ramsay screaming and cursing at the chefs stresses me out.

Petrozza was definitely one of the nicest contestants of the season. I'd flip if I went to a party and he was cooking for me. The only thing that would thrill me more is if one of my favorite chefs from "Top Chef" made an appearance. I love that show.

Love that you got a picture with him and everything. Wow! -Julia :)

Becky said...

That is so awesome! LOL How funny.

Do you watch Top Chef? My husband and I love it and have even gotten my BIL to watch it too... LOVE IT!

Peaceful Mommy Kayleen said...

Food is definitely more entertaining, and i LOVED this season of Hell's Kitchen! I was glad that what's her name won, but Petrozza was definitely a sweet guy. Plus, food tastes better than fabric.

Georgia Girl said...

Oh cool...I love watching that also! Oh and yes I could watch food shows all day long...

Stacey said...

Food Network is awesome. Paula Deen and I have been cooking together all week. :)

Ashley said...

WOW! I didn't watch Hell's Kitchen (It's Rosco right? Or something - he is just too mean) but I did catch the finale and remember him. Can't believe he was just catering a Christmas party and you got to go! Unbelievable!!

Finding Normal said...

I have missed most of Hell's Kitchen, but I do love some food TV. Anything on Food Network and Top Chef are very common around here.
So what did he cook?

Ally's Corner said...

I love to watch the food network, have not watched HGTV in a long time.
I have been trying to get Paula Deen tickets but can't. The crazy thing is her cousin that has been on her show many times has a restaurant 20 minutes from me and attends the church I work at.
I so want to say to her, "can you get me tickets to see your cousin"?
But I never do. It's fun to meet people in person that you have seen on TV.

Kimba said...

No WAY!!!!!!! That's the coolest thing!

I blame Food Network for a few pounds over the last few years.

And yes. I would way rather watch someone cook than paint a wall. Although when you have your own HGTV show, I'll be parked in front of that TV every time you're on.

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

How cool is that!

Miss G said...

very super cool! yea for you! My husband and I joke that we must go on more dates to grocery stores - the fancy places - than anyone else! Kelly

Unknown said...

random comment: i love your jacket!

Kristen said...

I'll take good food any day! It's amazing how they can make it look so pretty. Hmm...I had better move on before my tummy starts grumbling too loudly.

alyssa said...

wow! That's so awesome...I love Hell's Kitchen..Top Chef...etc ;)

Sally Pepper said...

Love Hell's Kitchen and basically anything else on Food Network. How cool are you all photographed and everything with Petrozza?

Anonymous said...

oh.. how fun!! my hubby and i both liked him!

M.J. said...

A total foodie here for sure! I actually watched a new show on some channel where Nathan from the Next Food Network star cooks while 2 others are decorating...so you get both food and decorating in one show...for those of you who can't decide which you like better! Can't remember what channel...maybe TLC?

Barb @ The Everyday Home said...

Oh that is just the coolest thing ever! But I would have wanted to have stayed in the kitchen with him all night cooking!!! LOL
Yes, I love Food Network, and Top Chef and yes...Hell's Kitchen. Did you hear this may have been canceled?! I will be so disappointed. Have you seen Ramsey's Kitchen Nightmares on BBC? So funny! What a treat and surprise this must have been. You lucky duck!

Karol said...

Lucky you!

Karol :0)

The Nester said...

kItchen nightmares--love and hate it!

Melanie said...

I'm right there with you on the food shows. I prefer the Next FoodNetwork Chef to HGTV's Next Design Star.
To quote Napoleon Dynamite "Lucky..."

Melanie said...

Oh...I forgot. What was on the menu the night of the party?

Tamara Jansen said...

I would most definately rather watch someone grill a steak than paint a wall :) We had to cancel our christmas dinner tonight due to heavy snow :( Too bad!

Jeanette said...

I'm jealous! SO jealous!

AmyP. said...

Has anyone told you that you look like Amy Grant? Especially in that pic.

Jana said...

My husband and I love watching cooking shows together! Usually, I get to watch HGTV alone. :) Right now we are living in Southeast Asia, and my mom is sending us DVDs she recored from Food Network and HGTV! We are very excited, to say the least!

Astrid in Bristling Acres said...

WOwee! Sounds like a fantastic party!!!

We don't get cable anymore...but when we did I can tell you the Food Network was always on. My girlies learned about Rachel Ray's Yummo comment. (and used to say it constantly- too funny coming from a then 4 yr old!).

Love the pins on your jacket!

Mama P said...

WOW that's pretty cool. I'm sure you give back as much as you get from your friend.

Melissa @ The Inspired Room said...

Hmmm...I don't watch either food prep or wall prep. I'm a dork.

But I did just stalk your blog again. Just to make sure you didn't do anything cool without my knowing about it. ;-)

Miss you (now I know where you have been, mingling with celebs and people with chefs and hummus!)! I hope you are getting all festive for Christmas!

xo

carolinagirl said...

That is awesome! Yes, we totally watched that one...my husband is addicted to Hell's Kitchen! He just loves it when Chef reems somebody out!

S. Fantasia said...

Well, I have to say, I'd rather watch the window seat and wall painting. Haha. I just am NOT a good cook and, though I do try (my poor husband), I cannot dwell on the food channels too long without feeling hopeless.

Window seat I can do. LOL

Shell in your Pocket said...

Oh my goodness..how fun!!! What a great party with a great chef! He was one of my favorites! I love a great cooking show. Paula Deen is my favorite but not when she licks her fingers:(!

A night to remember for you!
-sandy toes

Lora Lynn @ Vitafamiliae said...

I watched the show on Hulu while I was on bed rest this summer. I was totally hooked.

Free Art Printables said...

How cool!

kristi_temple said...

Food before decorating . . . Absolutely!!! How fun! I love that show!

Southern Charm said...

Lucky girl. I was glued to the TV for the season he was on. I bet the food was incredible.

Anonymous said...

What a blessing!

Erica said...

Wow! What fun! I, too, love the Food Network. I think cooking and crafting have a lot in common. I did watch a show on PBS yesterday about glue gunning that I thought you would appreciate. She even did some window mistreatments.

Sandy @ The Scoop on Balance said...

I don't watch Hell's Kitchen, but I'm the biggest sucker for cooking shows. I watch them when I'm on the Elliptical...sort of counter-productive.

I am constantly creating things I see on cooking shows. YUM!

What a fun night for you.
Sandy

Decor To Adore said...

I love watching food shows too. People are always suprised to hear that I don't watch HGTV but truth be told:
A. Some of the stuff makes me cringe.
B. It's not real life. They don't show the team of 30 people working to make the 30 minute makeover possible. :)
But cooking, that's do able.

lindsey said...

yep, i was pretty hooked on that show too, but i had to wait until the kids were asleep due to all the "beeeeep"s. hey! cute posy pins! i'm flattered!

Jeanne Oliver said...

I am so jealous. I think you need to share your friends!

Unknown said...

I love food network, but don't really like to cook! My hubby thinks that's crazy!

Anonymous said...

I loved him! Loved him! LOVED him! I can't believe you got to go to a party where he was cooking. SO cool!

Anonymous said...

HECK NO! You aren't the only one.. We LOOOOVE Hell's Kitchen!! What a fun party!!! My Saturday "activity" is to lay in bed and watch food network.. that is till everyone starts complaining!

Anonymous said...

Petrozza! That's hilarious. I hope he didn't make the hen-in-a-pumpkin, LOL.

Anonymous said...

I am glad my husband and I are not the only ones at the late hours craving food on Food Network. We laugh when we turn it on knowing full well we will be in the kitchen within the hour to feast :)

Anonymous said...

Dang, I so want to be you...

Unknown said...

I do love attending cooking shows. Our teen and I had an opportunity to watch a local chef at a cooking school in San Diego. We were able to taste the food and ask questions. Our teenager loved the Salmon.