
I couldn't resist using the title that my friend in real life suggested--thanks MEME!
It's time to share your garland with us! Whether you were inspired to make a big bad garland this year or you simple put Polly Pockets in a piece of greenery, here's your chance to tell us all about it. I'm hoping to see some garlands that are fatter and more extravagant than mine.
If you haven't gotten up the nerve yet to make a garland and you still want to here's your chance to get some great ideas. If you made yours and it's just not right my advice is to keep adding stuff to it. Fern pieces, starfish, feathers, berries, sticks if you don't like them simply take them out but at least take a risk and push the garlandy limit a little.
It's time to share your garland with us! Whether you were inspired to make a big bad garland this year or you simple put Polly Pockets in a piece of greenery, here's your chance to tell us all about it. I'm hoping to see some garlands that are fatter and more extravagant than mine.
If you haven't gotten up the nerve yet to make a garland and you still want to here's your chance to get some great ideas. If you made yours and it's just not right my advice is to keep adding stuff to it. Fern pieces, starfish, feathers, berries, sticks if you don't like them simply take them out but at least take a risk and push the garlandy limit a little.
131 comments:
you're the best, Nester!
I love that title.
Because my garland shows.
Often.
Thanks for being the linky party hostess with the mostess!
I love seeing all the different decorating styles/skills out there! How fun! Thanks!
I didn't think I'd be able to join you on this one, but I did thanks to some yarn and some tree trimmings! Thanks for the inspiration!
Ok, I am so cheating. Love me anyhow. I was just too sad to miss out on a party that I had worked so hard for. :)
Can always count on 'The Nester' for GREAT parties! Yours was the first one I ever participated in. : )
I'm so excited!!!
OH, this is so much fun! Thanks for being our inspiration. Christmas blessings to you!
Christmas Cheers! Thank you for your inspiration!
Can't wait to see everyone's great ideas, and of course I LOVE yours! Mine doesn't look as full as it should and I was going to wait until next year to overhaul the whole thing...but you know what? Why wait, after your blog party and all the ideas, I am going back to the drawing
board! :-)
Can't wait to get around to see everyone's garland! Thanks. This is fun. And thanks for all your wonderful inspiration!
Shannon
Love you!
What a great party - thanks for having us...
Great idea!
Awwwww maaaan! I was so going to stay up super late so that I could be the 1st (and 2nd) to arrive for the festivities!
Instead, I zonked out on the couch at 10pm and staggered off to bed around 11:30 with narry a thought to the party that was about to begin.
Oh well, there's no shame in being #33 and #34. There are some wonderful garlands out there!
Nester, you've started a Garland Revolution!
Kimba
Thanks for doing this! I will enjoy visiting all the links!
Love the title and I'm so excited to see folks' garlands. Thanks for hosting this!
Yay! This will be sooo much fun! I'm off to check out everyone's fabulous garlands now :)
We are so blessed to have you as our gracious hostess and teacher....thanks so much!
Fun times, fun times!! What a great idea...I love seeing everyone's garland.
Thank you for helping me make a better garland than I would have otherwise.
Be sure to read my entry on how to make fresh pine wreaths for $2.50 each!
Karol :0)
Thanks! I can't wait to see what everyone has created!!!
Thanks so much for sharing all those lovely garlands and for hosting this little show and tell. I am getting some great ideas for next year.
I love that title as well! I love looking at everyones creations!
Thanks for hosting...can't wait to see what everyone has done!
This is fun. Thank you so much for hosting!
Thanks, Nester! As always, your garland is fabulous~it's got to be up there with the window treatments as one of the all time best. Thanks for all of your inspiration!
Thanks for hosting...it's my first Mr. Linky post! I can't wait to see everyone's ideas.
Can't wait to see everyone's garlands. Must go Christmas shopping with husband today though. Tomorrow I'll be glued to the puter.
Love it! I kind of cheated, but you'll see if you come to call! ;-)
XO,
Sheila
Can't wait to look through all the links. Thanks for hosting a garland party.
I cannot wait to go a see everybody's garlands. But have to get to work now.
Thanks, Nester, for another party. Can't wait to see everyone's garlands! This will certainly get us all in the Christmas moood.
XOXO!
can't wait to go see everyone else's!!!
i'm so excited!
I can't wait to see everyones garland.
Well mine was up last night and now it's gone. Sorry if I posted it twice!!
I've never posted a linky before! I apologize that I don't have better pics of the garland but I wrote my post before I knew about the show and tell. I had already given you a shout out. I just added your very cool button to it.
Do you think my garland makes me look fat?
Thanks for hosting this!
It's so fun to see what other people do in their homes!
Mine's up! I'm so stinkin proud of myself...In a completely humble way, of course.
Blessings,
Sandy
www.godspeakstoday.blogspot.com
What a fun party...thanks for hosting!
Thanks for hosting such a wonderful party!
Thanks Nester! Can't wait to check out all the others! A garland bigger than yours???? I'm not so sure...
I love these link parties! Great idea!
Thanks for the links! I was happy to see your tutorial a few weeks back and have really enjoyed having a nice garland up all month in our living room.
Thank you Nester for hosting a great party. I am hosting a tree viewing party on Friday "Evergreen Extravaganza" in honor of my 250th post, and will have a giveaway. Hope you can visit!
Lovin everyone's garlands! How fun!
Thanks for being such a gracious hostess. So many blogs to read, so little time!
Thanks so much for doing this show and tell, it will be so fun to see everyone's Garlands!!
So fun, I love looking at everyone's pretty garlands! I think mine is the ugly step-sister of the group, but it's a work in progress!
ThAnKs a BUNCH...!!!!
What FUN :)
LoVe the BLOG......
Love this, and look forward to browsing through everyone's awesome garland!
Call me kinky - I love it when my garland shows.
I am having so much fun looking at everyone's gorgeous garlands! Thanks for sharing!!!
Fun, fun - enjoyed all the pretty mantles!
What a great idea! I enjoyed looking at some of the blogs listed on the Linky thing. I listed mine there just a few minutes ago! Fun!
-Kim
Thanks for the ideas. This was great fun!!!
Thanks so much! I love your garland. It really inspired me. I always have to convince myself to add more in all my crafting and decorating, but I always like my projects better when they're nice and full. Thanks again!
I have a little mini/shelf version, I hope that counts!
Everyone's garland turned out beautiful!
I love, love, love your blog!!! My garland isn't very "Christmasie", but it can be used year round!!!
Thanks for the "garland party"!!!
Mine has to be 2 yr old friendly...nothing in her reach!
Oh Nester, I am exhausted! My house needs cleaning, the laundry needs folding, and I must go grocery shopping today...BUT guess what I did instead? I read just about all of your readers entries and tried to post a comment on each as I know how much we bloggers love comments! Your site is such fun, and I loved all the great ideas your readers had! Thanks for inspiring us with so many awesome tips, ideas, techniques, etc...You have a great talent and a super blog, but now I must get back to life...(But, I'll be back! hee hee) :-)
What a great idea, Nester. I just added a link to my blog. I am having fun checking out all the garlands and I am getting a ton of ideas for next year.
This is my first blog party, I'm so excited!!
What fun..even though I got crazy and injured myself while decorating...I had a great time...thanks for your creative and honest blog...
Thanks for coming to see my Thanksgiving garland, Nester and for hosting this fun garlandy thing! Kelly
I love this idea, and also your title!
What fun! Love, love, love your blog. Thanks for the inspiration! So excited to get to see so many wonderful ideas.
Dear Nester,
thank you for visiting my blog and garland blog. I just wanted to let you know that I bought that bird in my tree last year at target but they do have them again this year because just last week I got two more. Hope you'll find them to add to your nest...:)
Have a great evening,
Tam
I love seeing all of the beautiful decor!
I believe you have represented on your blog now, every make and model of garland possible!! You could write a book with all these entries...hmmmmm, not a bad idea don't you think! You should get on that Nester (in your spare time, right!).
I know I never comment on here, but I have to tell you that I love you! Seriously, if I could stick you in my pocket and keep you forever I would. (Okay, I'm really not that crazy.) You have the most amazing and beautiful ideas. Thank you so much for sharing!
The Scooper's garland done 3 ways. My nest is all cozy and pretty and lit-up-garlandy. Thank you!
Very fun idea!! I just posted lots of pics of my "Deck the Halls with boughs of Holly"
Karin
Hello Elaine! How fun is this! Wonderful seeing so many sweet homes ready for Christmas!
Hugs,
Maryjane
Nester, I love your blog and everyone's garlands are just wonderful.. mine could use a little more work after seeing all these but I'm getting there. thanks for all the inspiration.
I see some really great ideas to add to my garlands for next year. Thanks!
Just added my link! Thanks for the great ideas. I love your blog!
This was so much fun. Thanks for letting us peak at each other's garland!
So, how do you get a garland to stay up without putting holes in your mantle with nails?
Hi friend! I'm still stalking you :).
I am so late to the party!!! I decided at the last minute to put this up!! Everyone's garland looks great!!!
This title cracked me up, but then you always manage to do that! So excited to see what you have inspired others to do all over the blogosphere! Gotta get to browsing.
New to your Nesting Place and I have found some inspiration. Thanks! I tried to put your blog link in but I'm so new to this I think I did it wrong. (Shucks) I did get a," Oh that looks nice honey, where did you get that idea" from my hubby so I guess he noticed something different! LOL
I canNOT wait to check all of these out and get some new ideas!!!
I'm going to be like a kid in a candy shop! Thank you for doing this!
Are you kidding me? 190+ links! Girl you ARE a rockstar! I have the pictures... and I do love them but didn't post them because my "dumbputer" decided it needs to reboot every few minutes just for fun. NOT FUN. Hopefully I'll link soon... I'll probably be the last linky... the dinky linky.
Great fun to explore houses. Trying not to crave mantles too much as I stare at my "media niche". I tossed garland over my hutch instead.
Oh yesss, my garland IS showing, and Id love you to come over and see it, and ME!!!
Thanks for doing this, so fun, so Nester-ish!
happy Holidays and Merry Christmas to ALLLLL!!!
Lisa
coastal nest
I'm finally done. And now I'm beat.
Sadly, my garlands will never ever look like yours Nester. I used several garlands twisted together but OH MY were they a pain to hang over my door! I hope dh doesn't flip out when he sees what I've done to try and secure it.
Nester,
Thanks so much for the show and tell. This was such a fun project to work on. I love waking up in the morning and walking into the living room to turn on the lights to my beautiful garland. It brings a smile to my face at the beginning of each day!
Jen
Nester-I'm having a problem. I put up my garlands (which are thick, with lights and pinecones). We went to some friends home who have an anorexic looking garland with lights. My husband says, "I wish our garlands were like their's. Our's are too bushy." I almost fell off my chair. I haven't even added anything to the garland and he thinks our's are too bushy.
So....I need you to edumacate my husband. I'm clearly unable to do the job. :)
Thanks for the inspiration! It came at the perfect time! My revamped fireplace with that crazy beefy mantle needed major power!
I had a blast!
Donna in BC ~ My extreme home makeover experience
Thank you for creating this! A very fun show and tell.
Whoa! Over 150 garlands to peruse. I can't wait to see all the beautiful eye candy. I love me a good party!
This was fun, thanks for the inspiration (you and the gorgeous woodwork in my house) that made this year my first for garland and this my first online party and link!
As always, thanks for the inspiration! I loved dressing up my garland!
Yea!! It worked!! I love being a part of your fun links. As always, thanks for all you do. I hope you are having a wonderful Christmas season. Leslie
Love it! Now I feel like going home and getting crafty!
This is my first time, so I hope I did it right! You need to do one to show our Christmas cards! Thanks so much for your great site!
Thank you Nester for hosting such a wonderful and inspiring party. Cheers! Rene'
I am totally LOVING this Garland party! Thanks so much for hosting it. I cannot wait to see everyone's ideas!
Thanks for a fabulous party! I thouroughly enjoyed myself! ;)
Oh, Nester, I'm exhausted! You throw a fab party. I have clicked through 150+ blogs so far. I have so much other stuff I needed to do (you know, like feed the boy, clean the house, walk the dogs, trivial stuff really), but instead I've just been obsessively clicking through links. So much fun. I've been checking back here about every, oh, I don't know, 20-30 minutes looking for new links. Who needs sleep, right?
Sorry Nester I goofed. I tried to post it again and then realized I posted the whole blog AGAIN :( I got it right on the last one ( Terena) Don't hate me for being so goofey.
Sorry Nester I goofed. I tried to post it again and then realized I posted the whole blog AGAIN :( I got it right on the last one ( Terena) Don't hate me for being so goofey.
I love this...I just added my garland to my post. this is my second post for the day but I just cannot stand it! Too much fun!
Can I ask if anyone has nominated or contacted you for an HGTV show or something? Have you tried to find an agent? Because I really think you have something unique and special.
You have helped us to not be afraid to decorate on a shoestring budget. I never thought I could hang window treatments w/o rods, or a wreath without an appropriate hanger. I'd never even attempted to make a cool garland since I thought I had to have some kind of special supplies other than three $1.50 garland strands and plants from around the house. I never would have thought to hammer it to the mantle either! And your encouragement that it doesn't have to be perfect makes me feel so much better about painting things that I really want to paint. Holes in the wall...phooey!
Thank you for making my house more beautiful, Nester. And I hope that your talent, creativity, and kindness continue to help others! Merry Christmas!
so can we link up tree toppers and card holders next? i struggle with those!
Nester, love your blog. I have tobacco road in my living room because of you!
oops! I'm new to this whole linking thing...thanks for pointing it out..I'm learning as I go along...
Nester, oh, Nester! Couldn't change my original link...so sad! :( I just added an additional link.
nester...whats the scoop? almost every link is gone?!
As always, Em had to fill me in. But now I'm in! Better late than never! I'm loving these beauties!!
I like your saying, "It doesn't have to be perfect to be beautiful". My house is not perfect, but something about Christmas makes it more beatiful. I added your link on the bottom of my post so others can see the beautiful garland collection you have. Carol at Choose Joy
What a great idea! Thanks for hosting this show and tell.....the ideas are just great!
Ok, so I messed up with the linky thingy the first time...I told you I was a total amateur at this..heehee
I LOVE all of the garland ideas....mmm...maybe next year I'll "add" to mine! Thanks Nester!!
I was so inspired by your garland 101, that I headed out to buy different kinds of things to put in mine. Last year I moved to a new house and had planned to make a beautiful garland for my fire place, but I couldn't figure out how to make it nice. This year, thanks to you I have the most beautiful garland ever (well... the most beautiful one I could make anyway) So thank you so much. I'm about to post pictures of it now.
Bye for now.
I love your site!
Wowk, what fun!
Gosh! I totally missed that I was supposed to leave a comment after I did the Mr. Linky thing! I'm lucky I even figured that part out! Well, hope you have enjoyed all the garland picts. This was a ton of fun! Thanks for hosting!
Hey, what did I do wrong? I was there and I came back a few hours later and I was gone.???? I linked to only my garland post. Do only certain people get to play?
Oh boy, do I have my work cut out for me to make it around to even a quarter of these garland entries!! My garland is simple...jingly but simple. Thanks for hosting yet another great tour!!
My first visit here, beautiful garland!!
All right Nester and those she inspires, I have garland issues... All I have is two cheezy looking Target dollar section garlands and some red and white lights... What can I do to it that won't cost much?
I have truly enjoyed your blogs....my daughter in law found you first....I didn't do the tour but was thinking about it....but it is on my blog.....love, love your door on the wall!!....sherry
Nester, I love your Blog. Thanks for the post.
Sorry if I didn't do this right....but one of my garlands has deer horns and stuffed beaded hearts....and the other is a Merry Christmas hanging garland....or banner...with scripture of the birth of Jesus background and free hand lettering...under "Tomorrow's the Home Tour"-Post on Dec 5th....I love your blog....how do you do SOOOO much??!!...sherry....your Blog has encouraged me to post more and hopefully create more!!! I will check you out more!
Oh don't you know you are contributing to my blog surfing sickness? Love all the garlands and it did inspire me to do my own. Thanks
Better late than never! Love everything you do! Thanks for hosting...
Post a Comment