I've been Bird Watching because sitting on my sofa while Remodeling Guy released my ebook {did you realize it was in captivity} has gotten my brain all mushy. And anyhow, there's such great stuff out there that I really need to make sure that you know about.
Also, I want to thank you for your tremendous, overpowering, breath taking support with that ebook and yet to exist Nestletter. Today we should hit 2500 downloads. And yesterday, Nesting Place hit a neat milestone: 3 million page views since January of '08! Y'all are really getting your nest on!

Have you heard what Simple Mom is up to? {do I talk about her too much? I'm sorry but I ADORE her!} I think I'll start a companion blog to go with hers called Complicated Mom. The tag line could be Live in Chaos, Stay Insane. Making Life Difficult For Myself. Would you read it? I long to have a more simple life. You too? Over the next two weeks she's walking us through Spring Cleaning with a Party! I'm secretly joining in and it's not too late for you to start it too!
***
You MUST see this garage door redo @ Southern Family. $65 people. That's all I'm gonna say about that.

Craigslist Savvy @ Small Notebook. Vital tips when buying and selling with Craigslist.

Five Home Decorating Lessons we can Learn from Disney @ Living with Lindsay. Ok, so she linked to me and my sister in her post but that's not why she's here, this is a really great read!
***
Winners of the DaySpring Platters:
Joan Crowell {from the RSS code word, I don't know if you have a blog}
Pam @ Ramblings of a Happy Homemaker
Sue @ Thistle Patch Hill
You lucky dogs. Email me with your address.
Mother's Day:
Need a last minute Mother's Day gift for your mom from the kids? How about you Etch a Glass Vase for Mom like Marie from Make and Takes.

Maybe you want to order a Feather and Egg print from L. Herbert Designs? Use the coupon code MOTHER through May 11 when checking out for 10% off anything in the store. My mom has the pears and loves them.
Or what about a sassy pillow from the Shabby Nest?

And on a more serious note,
My sweet roomie from Blissdom, Robin, also one of the funniest people in existence, was one of the Compassion Bloggers who just returned home from India. I've been keeping up with her and the others and all that they've seen and learned. And Pioneer Woman talked about the trip and Robin yesterday. Robin told me that she was online buddies with PW but I didn't know she really meant it.

22 comments:
Just so ya know (in case you didn't realize it already)
You ROCK!
Great links! Thank you! :)
Oh my goodness you new blog idea made me spit my tea - especially the line about making things more difficult for yourself! TOO FUNNY!!!
My hubby has a painting business and does garage makeovers (and front door makeovers) like that all the time - what a difference!
congrats on your well deserved e-book success!
I am like so impressed!! An Ebook!!!You are awesome, chickadee! It'll download to my computer sometime today, and I'll start reading!!
Cute Mother's Day ideas!! Thanks so much!! I have some new things from our church yard sale that I'll share next week!! I'll let you know when!I'm subbing up a storm--yay $$$!!, so blogging is on slow mode at the moment.
Have a great day!
Hugs,
Susan
Wow! Congrats on the book, I read mine last night at, oh-- about 1am. I couldn't wait till this morning! Great job!
Congrats on 3 million page views and 2,500 downloads! Wow! Your e-book is great, by the way. I enjoyed it. :-)
Oh, Nester. I am so excited & honored to be a bird, watched. I am thrilled about your e- book. What an idea! And, also incredibly happy you made this spring cleaning thing known! I need spring cleaned. Yall might agree if I let you see behind the FAUX-real door. (j/k, maybe, ok, only a little)
I would totally read Complicated Mom if you were the one writing it!
Always inspiring! Love to visit here....
Hey, How did you know that was MY life (complicated mom, stay insane)?! lol- I would totally read that.
Great book, and I LUUUVVVV my tassels..
great finds! I love the craigslist photo veiwing tip!!
Congrats to the lucky winners! And I love that etched glass with the dots...so cute.
I am dying to get the time to read your e-book. I want to be able to sit down and devour every single word!
~Amanda
I can totally relate to your companion blog, sister! :) Thanks for the links!
"I think I'll start a companion blog to go with hers called Complicated Mom. The tag line could be Live in Chaos, Stay Insane. Making Life Difficult For Myself."
LOL - I would definitely read it!!
Lisa
I, too, stayed up all night reading the ebook (LOVE it) and then keep checking to see what you wrote today....at this rate there will be no spring cleaning!
Thanks!!!
~Nancy
Yay for you! I've now read your book 99.5 times. It's fabulous, just like I knew it would be. THANK YOU for not making it 1000 pages, 'cuz I'd get nothing else done.
A party about cleaning? Hmmm...I think making messes is way more fun. I guess that means I NEED a spring cleaning party. Gotta love simple mom.
What fun ideas, thanks.
Great idea!
One million views??? I bow down to you girl! Your ebook is really cool, I loved every word. Have a great week!
I am having a "Here's your Sign" party on Friday. Come by and play if you aren't busy...
~Misti
A) Ah, girlieQ...CONGRATULATIONS on your ebook baby! Exciting times in your next!
and
B) DID YOU JUST CALL ME A LIAR???
:) Just kiddin', THANK YOU for the mention here and placing the Compassion badge on your page. I reallyREALLY appreciate it coming from a WORLD FAMOUS blogger like you!! ;)
(wishwishWISH I was going to She Speaks just so I could hear you and Em and my buds speakin'. Y'all are gonna bless everyone's socks off!)
xo
Fabulous...LOVE that garage door makeover....and 3 million hits...unbelievable....amazing.. and outstanding....
Post a Comment