Lampapalooza


Remember how we started talking about using lamps in our home? Remember how I had big plans to show you my lamps, talk about buying lamps, sizes of lamp shades, lamp height and whether or not you need to coordinate lamps? 'Member that?


Then we found out we had to move and my mind turned to mush and I lost the urge to hot glue and I left all my big promises just hanging out there forgotten. Well, I didn't completely forget. I did realize that my house is too small for me to get a wide angle photo that will show more than one lamp at a time. This is what happens whenever I try to take a picture that's not a close up. I believe I see a lamp back there.


So, I figured I'd just hand over the responsibility to the real experts. You. And since I'm not all planny like so many of those grown up, organized bloggers who announce their parties weeks, maybe months in advance, let's do it next Thursday, May 28th! Show us your lamps, your chandeliers, your problems, your solutions, your creativity!

I'll call up Mr. Linky and pray he shows and we'll all link up and show our favorite lamp, or light or whatever. I bet I can even swing a few tassel prizes for my favorite lighting entries for most creative, best lamp make over, best chandelier and maybe something else clever if I think of it.

So, are you in?

38 comments:

Anonymous said...

Perfect! I'm rewiring a lamp for the first time ever. This should be fun.

Richella Parham said...

You betcha. It'll be fun. How great to throw a party and not have to clean the house for it!

How're you doing? Hope your spirits are staying light as you bear the heavy load of preparing to move.

Blessings,
Richella

Anonymous said...

I would love to show off my lamps but I am blogless! I have a flickr account, would that work?
mary

Unknown said...

Now, you know I'd NEVER miss a Nester party! I may not have anything worthwhile to share, but you can be sure I'll be there for the food!

southerninspiration said...

Oh, sure I am in.......we can probably shed some light on this subject of lamps, and be enlightened by great ideas, and even glow with pride when "mine" is chosen.....:)
Maybe, we'll see (by the lamplight)....lol.
Suzanne

Shell in your Pocket said...

Moving??? I am surprised you can even write a sentence..moving makes me a maniac!
sandy toe

Lindy said...

I am totally in. In fact, I have been on the hunt for a buuny lamp lately. I have been seeing Rhoda's over at Southern Hospitality and I have been coveting one. Yesterday I searched "bunny lamp" on Atlanta Craigslist and found a great one for $10!!!! I'm picking her up today. Yee-haw! (I already have two bird lamps that I got for $15 each on clearance at Homegoods. I think you might have the same lamps, I think I saw them in a photo you took before.. I love them too!)

said...

Ugh, I bought some gorgeous lampshades. Grown-up lampshades even and was so excited about the lampshade Mr. Linky party but now they're all packed up ready for a cross country move of their own. I'm pretty sure I got a before and after shot done but I'm not entirely sure I'll have internet in my new house on the 28th. I'll have to test and see if I can set my blog to post something ahead of time. Good luck on your move!

Still Learning said...

I can't wait!!

Kelly | Fabulous K said...

I'm in!! Can't wait!! :)

Audra Lynn said...

Sweet! Sounds like fun.

The Nester said...

Annon, Yes, if you link to your flickr acct yes, join in! However, I'll warn you, it's more difficult to tell a story without words, and if you want to win something, your email address will need to be easy for me to access from the acct.

thanks!

BlueCastle said...

I am so in! :)

Melissa Miller said...

I'll join! :)
I did a lamp and lighting post a few months ago and it was so much fun!

Have a blessed day.
~Melissa :)

Cathy said...

Yep, I have a lamp that I want to share too.

Kathi said...

I just found the cutest (?) lamp at the Habitat Store last week. Have no idea what to do with it or where to put it... you'll see!
Is there anything else I can bring?

Runner Mom said...

I am in! I was checking out lamps this morning at Old Time Pottery! Saw a cute one--but not for the price!! I'll be looking forward to it!
Hugs,
Susan

Sarah said...

Oh I'm so excited. The last party I went to, I was the chaperone.... blah. But a lamp party is something to look forward to! I'll start prepping now! :D

Mandy said...

I am so excited about Lampapalooza - but I have quick question before i get started - can you spray paint over a touch (touch it to turn on and off) lamp and still have it work right?

Chris said...

I'm RSVP'ing. See you there!

Kristen said...

Sounds like fun! I can't wait to see all the nifty lamps that will show up. I need some fresh ideas. :)

Lamp Tramp said...

Oh, Sweetie, I've been so looking forward to this. I SO understand how life and situations can change. I pray for your family and your upcoming move. It WILL be a happy move cuz you are the NESTER that makes your family's life perfect.
I, sadly, do not think I can participate. I even have the photos of my lamps ready. But we have have had a huge tragedy in our family, I don't know where I will be or if I can blog from Washington DC. Don't forget me or count me out, I may surface out of my ruins!!!
xoxo!
Lamp Tramp

Unknown said...

I didn't know you were moving! Guess I'm out of touch. The owners of our rental (we'd like to buy again when we are debt free in a couple of years) just told us they have to sell, so we can't renew the lease. Moving again. The millionth time in the past three years. I so understand where you're coming from. I just want to stay settled and nest! But I choose happiness and contentment, even in a rental! xoxo

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

I'm in too. I have a couple I can show. Have fun packing. Hugs, Marty

cheryl said...

Love a good party with Mr. Linky..

Terri said...

You just do what you need to do... no apologies necessary! I FINALLY made my bedroom a sanctuary -- today! We moved in here in September... stuff has been piled in our bedroom ever since. Then there was my Christmas sewing... yes, the supplies still still sitting along the wall in our bedroom. So as inspiration struck this afternoon, and I got busy, I thought of you and your encouragement/admonishment to make our bedrooms welcoming and romantic! Now I have that!!! I had a beautiful bedroom in Colorado... 3 years ago. Now in my 3rd residence in 3 years here in Charlotte, I finally have it again!! Blessings!

Terri said...

Oh, and I meant to mention that I have a lamp dilemma! I used a big, BIG basket to hide my sweet hubby's sleep apnea machine that sits on his nightstand. Besides hiding the ugly machine, tubes, and mask, it actually makes his side of the bed look more masculine! Yay! But my cute little bedside lamp is now dwarfed... so I need to find something to elevate it. Hmmm... maybe a stack of books that are overflowing in the family room!

Tammy said...

I'm in and very excited. It will be my first party to participate in. I also have lamp-phobia so this will help me alot. I will work on lamps and then you all can tell me what I did wrong or what can be done better. Good luck with the move - I totally understand as being a military brat and now a wife of military how hard moves can be. But they can also be seen as an adventure and be fun. That is what my "nester- my mom" always made it feel for us kids when we were uprooted and moved AGAIN.

tammy

Karol said...

It's a date!

Karol :0)

Dana and Daisy said...

I might do this, but only if I can combine my Thursday Tablescape with it!

Jennifer @ Her Southern Charm said...

I'm in! I loooooove, adore, cherish, blah blah lamps. :)

Brenda Pruitt said...

Both my husband and I hate overhead lighting. Use it as little as possible. I probably have over thirty lamps in my house!
Brenda

Christi said...

Yay, I have the PERFECT lamp to share!

Unknown said...

I'm so in! I just posted about a lamp redo yesterday...so I can put that one into the mix, too. Can't wait!

Little Lovables said...

oh yeah, I'm so excited!

Unknown said...

I'm in- I made a chandelier to hang in my daughter's room that I can't wait to show!

Heathahlee said...

I have a "new" lamp that needs a makeover...maybe this will be the thing that gets it done! : )

Susan (Between Naps On The Porch.net) said...

Sounds like fun! I can be in if it's ok to use a past post...I think I have one that would be just right. I'll just add your blog link into the post...will that work? If not and it needs to be a new post...I surely understand! :-)
Susan