Housekeeping



Nesting Place is in a finalist with some other fantastic crafty peeps for the bump mommy blog awards. Thank you so much to the people that nominated this blog! If you think Nesting Place should win for Best Crafty Mommy Blog, would you click here and vote? You don't have to sign in or anything and I think you can vote as often as you want?

Also, did you know that you can get to Nesting Place just by typing in "thenester.com"? So if you are at lunch with a friend you don't have to write down "nestingplacenc.i'mhidingfromtheworld.blogspot.com".


In other news, I got my big ole mess of a table cleaned off yesterday {did you see the slide show?}. It felt like a HUGE accomplishment. Laundry is caught up and my procrastinator's taxes are almost finished. Another 31 Day post to come later today.

27 comments:

Terri said...

I've voted, and will keep voting... from 2 computers, even!!! Congrats!!

Hey, I recognize that S from your wreath on the door when we came to your swap!! Have a GREAT day. Blessings!!!

duchess said...

Looks good - I love the size of that table.
I'm heading over to vote.
Enjoy your rainy Wednesday.

Trish @TheOldPostRoad said...

Just took my taxes to our accountant, yesterday. I am sure he was glad to see us with a handful of papers so close to the 15th. HA.

Beautiful table.

Anonymous said...

Of COURSE I'll vote for you! You definitely deserve to win. Table's lookin' good!
pk @ Room Remix

LCGreen said...

I voted! :)

Hey Nester, how come parsons chairs are so expensive??

I'm trolling Craigslist and the cheapest (nice) ones I could find were stil $75 each! All I want are two!

Kimberly said...

Ah yes, the procrastinator's taxes...mine were started yesterday and will be finished today. Glad to hear I'm not the only one :)

Nicki said...

I will vote!
Would love to know what you are going to out on those windows by your table. I have similar ones and never know how to dress them :-)

Unknown said...

You've got my vote!

Sharon said...

I've voted for you ...
Clean table ... woo hoo.

Susan B said...

I love your table.. please tell me where you found it.. I have a big family and need a bigger table desperately.. Love love your blog.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your nomination! You totally deserve a win, mama!

P.S. Hooray for your own domain name. Love it (and your toile chair at the dining table)!

The Nester said...

Susan, it's YEARS old from a store called Sofa Express that has gone out of business. They might have reopened under a different name?

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Don't you just hate when life gets in the way of your slideshow! : ) My dining room is also the holder of the laundry ~ hey, at least we're using it!

LCGreen said...

Hey! I can't tell if my reply to you went through? But I live in Boston :(

Booo!!! Cold and so far away...I think we need to move ;0).

Funky Junk Interiors said...

Do I think you should win?!?

You were the first blog I found when I entered this crazy wonderful blogfest world. That first read changed me forever.

YES I think you should win! I've put your button on my sidebar with a direct link to the contest. :)

Donna

Barbara Matson said...

I'll vote too! Your blog is inspiring and a pleasure to read - love your wit and humour.
I can relate to your comments about the manly influences in your home - my hubby seems to think my nicely decorated family room and bedroom make great bicycle storage places. Wonder if he ever heard of a garage?

Anonymous said...

Yep, I somehow lost your site once and just googled "nester" and you came up at the top of the page! =)

~Jennifer S.

High-Heeled Foot in the door said...

Oh congrats on the nomination! I'm off to go vote for you! Yay!!!

Lettered Cottage said...

Congrats on the nomination Nester!
LOVE that massive dining room table too. Gorgeous!

Layla :-)

TheRoosterChick said...

You've got my vote hon!

Heather said...

Voted for you! Love your site. I have table issues as well.

Red Lipstick said...

I voted! I love your site and the wonderful project that you present.

BLJ Graves Studio said...

I voted... best of luck! Your table looks fab. :-)

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

Just sent my vote in for YOU! :) You're one of the most creative blogger I know. :)

Kellye said...

I am so stuck. I love all your seating and I have extra dining room chairs that I could use, I just can't figure out where. So I am praying that God will show me where or that He will send you on a road trip that passes my way and I can say - "come on by and do your thing" (for pay of course.) Sigh.

Karen@CitySeed said...

I have always had a love for your dining set--particularly your chairs. I am on the hunt for ladderback chairs with a wooden seat. The woven ones I have are unraveling!

P.S. I blew up the picture of your table to see your centerpiece and was relieved and pleased to see the Cheerios on the floor. Makes me feel like we can be friends. :)

Julia @ Hooked on Houses said...

I voted for you! :-)