Yard Sale Update


It's happening! Tomorrow we really will have the sale unless we wake up and it's tornadoeing or something. My parents will be here to help make sure there are no shoplifters. Just kidding. As if. Once you see some of this stuff you might just curse my name for tricking you into thinking I was gonna have cute stuff to sell.

Actually, I do have some darling items but I keep worrying that once I get it all set up it's gonna look like three things. Maybe that's because I keep pulling stuff inside the house because I might really need it and this time I'm really gonna use it so I cannot sell it. Somebody stop me.

I hope it looks like more than 3 things when we set it up.

We'll open at 8. PLEASE don't show up at 7:15 and start trying to look through stuff while I try to make it look like I have more than 3 things. I want to have everything all organized so we can swing open the masking tape right at 8.

And don't take a shower and look all cute because I most likely won't be looking all cute.

Now I am done spouting off all my rules. If you never got my address, I'll be checking facebook later tonight for any messages. I hope you don't hate me when you meet me if we have never met before.

40 comments:

Cheryl said...

Nester,
you are so funny. Good luck with your garage sale...and stop bringing that stuff back in the house. Hee hee

Cathy said...

Ah! I see you already got Ree's cookbook! I hope you're not selling it already :) Mine is on its way. Happy Sale tomorrow!

Shelley said...

Wish I could be there; no one will hate you.

Rachel said...

You are so not nice, throwing it in the face's of those that can't actually be there! So mean you are!*

I hope you make a killing!

*just kidding!

Sharon said...

Good luck tomorrow! Hope it is a successful adventure! :)

Robin said...

Good luck with your garage sale!

I see you got your book too!!

{{HUGS}}

Robin :o)

Emily said...

Oh, you got your book!

Good luck tomorrow

jules said...

Good luck with your sale!

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Hoping you have a successful yard sale {with more than 3 things to sell}!

Janell @ House of Fifty said...

Oh, if only I could swing by! Good luck! Janell

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

Good luck! Wish I could come shop too. :) I hope you sell all 3 things!

Jaimie said...

Nester,

I don't live by you, so I can't come, but I am SURE that you have great stuff. And, by the way, you are too cute for worrying that people will hate you- DOUBTFUL.

The Chubby Dove said...

I was going to make a day of it and come by your sale last weekend, but this weekend, we have fam in town.

At this rate, I have a sneaky feeling that you won't have much to sell anyway. :-)

mindy said...

Oh sad day for me. I ignored logistics all week- believing I could *make* this happen. But logistics have won out. I haven't found a way to be at your garage sale AND my daughters cheer competition at the same time. sigh. The sacrifices of motherhood.

Unknown said...

No early birds, eh? Best of luck to ya! I'm sure all your stuff is just to die for!

Michelle Whitlow said...

Man I wish I lived closer! Good luck :)

Holly said...

I see that Pioneer Woman Cookbook! Can't wait to get mine. Wish she was book touring around me. :( I can't even come to your garage sale. Bummer living in this Sunshine State!

Tina said...

I am asking Santa for that cookbook! Jealous!!

kristin maynes said...

If only I could get a flight tonight...{{sigh}}....!

Have a Great Time!

Donna said...

I too wanted to take a cute happy photo like you when I got Ree's cookbook in the mail this week! I was overjoyed!! It doesn't hurt that I also got my momAgenda's on the same day - I could have kissed the UPS guy!!! Have a great sale tomorrow!! We'll be tackling that in the spring!

Love the Decor! said...

Hope it was a smashing success. If you haven't already, hop over and enter my first giveaway!!

Unknown said...

who could hate you? you are the most adorable person ever!

Christine said...

Good Luck! If yours is successful, I might have one in the Spring.

p.s. I agree with Cheryl...stop bringing stuff back in the house. You probably haven't used it in a while for a reason right?

Kristen said...

I hope you have a great sale. You will feel better once it's done. You will have blessed someone w/something great to them but old to you + you'll have a less cluttered house.

Unknown said...

Good luck with your yard sale! I wish we had some good ones in my area.

Mary @ Giving Up On Perfect said...

Oh, Nester, nobody will hate you! I hope you have a great turnout, make big bucks and see no signs of tornadoeing! ;)

Lisa-Marie said...

An item should be hung with the centre at average eye level, which is about the eye level for a 5'9" person (the middle between short people and very tall people). I think the compromise is hanging things at a good hieght for the people in your home. Perhaps you hang things a little low because you have children?

jackie@Lilolu said...

Good Luck!

Love Being A Nonny said...

Wish i could be there to see the THREE things you put out.....:):O

Sharon@Sharon at Home said...

I hope it is not tornadoeing!!!and that you were able to hold your sale.

Biteofpunkinpie said...

you got your book! i got to meet her thursday night... is her tour heading your way?

Unknown said...

I wish we could have a yard sale. We need to downsize our storage unit by January.
At least some charities will be able to utilize our stuff!
Have lots of fun! Sounds like it's going to be a busy day.

Gretchen said...

I hope it's not doing there what it is doing here: raining.

Good luck on your yard sale... wish I could be there. I would buy all 3 things ;)

Terri said...

I hope it went well for you!! I was really hoping to come, but I slept in, instead. Sorry. Actually, I am sorry I missed the fun. Blessings!

bridget {bake at 350} said...

I want that BOOK! ;)

Teresa said...

I can ONLY imagine...well maybe I can't...how FABULOUS your yard salae will be! We had one back in the spring when we were moving from Alabama to Seattle...it was funny...I ended up taking appts and letting my friends come out and just go through my house and I sold most of my expensive things that way. We were totally changing our home style from shabby chic cottage to coastal living modern...so we sold almost all of our furniture! At least that money bought my new white slipcovered Pottery Barn couch and chairs! Yeah! Have Fun!

Anonymous said...

Hope you had a great yard sale? Got any of your 3 items left???? Can't figure out why all you people want a cookbook, then you have to cook:) I would just put it on display. Ha Ha!

Tracey said...

I see you coveting Ree's cookbook--you lucky duck!

I'm so glad it wasn't tornadoing today and the sale was a success. Still wish I could have been there!

MrsDandy said...

You crack me up. :)

Heather Mattern said...

Heard that you guys had a good turn out.. miss ya