You didn't believe me when I told you I would be pulling out a smidgen of my Christmas decor did you? We'll I'm doing it. I get my stuff out early for a few reasons, 1. it's too much work to wait till after Thanksgiving and then put it away four weeks later 2. our family LOVES Christmas decorations 3. if I do a little bit at a time when I feel like it then it never feels like work.
I don't put up the tree or hang stockings, I wait a little while for that but, I do start getting out some greenery, snowflake stuff, red berries, white lights and I keep some of my fall stuff out too because I feel like that season goes too fast and you know, Thanksgiving can be fally.
Why can't each season's holiday be at the END of the season?
Also, to celebrate the end of our longest running series ever, the 31 Days, we've got a giveaway. And for those of you asking, yes, the 31 Days to a Better Dressed Nest will be available in ebook form in the future. The future where I get stuff done right away.
Oh yeah, a giveaway...
How about a cutie patootie Aniston Necklace offered up by Her Southern Charm.
Yeah, I know how you cannot dare not want something as darling as a personalized necklace like this. Neither can Courtney Cox, Carol Hannah Whit, Mrs. Jack Black, and other celebs. All you have to do to be in the running to win a sweet Aniston Necklace is leave a comment telling me what initial {or 2} you would have on your necklace or, you can tell me when you start putting your Christmas decor up. 
There are lots of beauties to be had at Her Southern Charm, you'll find some great stuff like my personal favorite, the Austin Framed Disk Necklace. Now leave a comment and good luck! Contest closes Tuesday at midnight.
You don't have to have a blog to win BUT, you must have a way for me to contact you--don't do what the second commenter did and be annon and leave no email~enter again mysterious anonymous person!
'Tis the Season
Scrawled out by
The Nester
on
11/02/2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1,046 comments:
1 – 200 of 1046 Newer› Newest»Oh dear-I don't think I can be eligible unless I have a blog, right?
Ah well-it's lovely and I hope whomever wins it just loves it! (but just in case...I would have a C or a CP )
We usually put up Christmas decor on Thanksgiving weekend, but I'm not sure that'll work this year-until now DH has been in the military, and has had the long 4 day weekend-he's a civilian now, he gets ONE day. I think I'm going to have to put the 12 year old to work this year!
I love the necklace and reading your blog!! I would get the inital K for my daughter.
I've enjoyed your blog for a while now, but never commented before. You have such a great style of decorating, much like my oldest daughter. (I love it, too, only I can't change what I have right now ;o))
We are selling and moving to Charlotte due to a new job. Maybe I'll run into you in the thrift stores!
I would love the initial "K". Thanks for the chance to win.
Blessings,
Karen (Kindred Haven)
I start putting Christmas decorations up the day after Thanksgiving and do it all in a 2 day span. I would start earlier, but we host Thanksgiving for the whole family (35) at our house, and it is too hard to get ready for that and try to get Christmas stuff out. If I win a necklace, I would like to have an S.
Thank you!
Shar
Ooops - forgot to read the directions!!! I don't put up any Christmas decorations until the 2nd weekend in December but then leave them up THROUGH Epiphany - the 12 Days After Christmas!!! I don't want Thanksgiving to be forgotten!!!
I'd love the necklace & the letter I'd want is 'J' - could be for my sister or mom or ME!!!
I've always waited till Thanksgiving weekend to start the Christmas decorating but this year I'm taking a page from your book- why NOT bring out all those beautiful things now? This year I am going to make an effort to actually enjoy them- rather than be in a rush to get them up/get them down.
Thanks for the persmission!!!
Oh yeah- I'd choose a "k" ;-)
Great prize! I'll take a d please, nester.
Thanks a bunch.
Love these necklaces...I'd take a D on mine. We usually wait until after Thanksgiving to start decorating but you've got me thinking...why not start adding a few touches here and there as we go through the month of November. Thanks for the inspiration!
bebedance5@charter.net
an h and an o, for my boys.
michelle
mhosgallery at hotmail.com
J for me please! These are precious!
We start putting up our Christmas decorations after Thanksgiving, at the start of Advent. And leave them up until Epiphany (early January). I can't wait!
For the initial, I would go with M.
I love to put up the decorations early,usually in November. I love the season, the time for reflection and a time to be grateful. I do have to say, that I can't wait to take it down before New Year's and get the house back in order. Is that too OCD? Love that little necklace and your blog!!
Shannon
shannitah@gmail.com
I would love a "K" for Kathy!
We decorate the day after Thanksgiving. The big turkey in the front yard comes down and up goes the tree. :) Each ornament has a story and the kids love to hear and tell each as we pull them out to put on the tree. It's a very special day. - Kathy
I enjoyed your 31 days of posts! I would love to have the letter t. :) Terry in Texas rjbryson@gmail.com
Gorgeous jewelry. Who can't use gorgeous jewelry
Kathy
myflsun@hotmail.com
I would get the initial "C" for me! All of Christmas, including our farm-cut tree, comes out the day after Thanksgiving.
These are beautiful! I'd like to give it as a gift with the initials "M" and "S".
I really enjoyed your daily tips for the last 31 days (and I know that won't increase my chances of winning!) - I hope you'll continue to do those kinds of series.
I was talking to DH yesterday about starting earlier this year. I agree that it's too much work for only 4 weeks, so he suggested doing everything but the tree, and leaving it until after Thanksgiving. I thought that was a perfect solution. I hope to do much more this year than normal.
I love Her Southern Charm's site -- such beautiful things. I'd love to have a "B" for my baby Bre. She's been wanting a pretty necklace since we got Lala one from Tiffany's for her birthday. This would be a beautiful choice.
We start decorating for Christmas the weekend after Thanksgiving!!! The Christmas decorating season starts after we watch the Macy's parade on TV, have a big Thanksgiving dinner with family and then watch "It's a Wonderful Life"! Can't wait- love the necklace too!!! Would love to win it! cristinia@tampabay.rr.com
I just recently discovered your blog. I love it, and visit daily while enjoying my morning cup of joe! Last year, my fixer-upper home was in turmoil from renovation so very little decorating was done( ok, I confess, it was a wreath, and a Christmas candle!)This year, I will start the week after Thanksgiving. I leave my decorations up until after New Year.
I adore the necklace, and would put the initial "C".
garlacy1@att.net
When would I LIKE to start putting up my Christmas decor? Today, preferrably. When will my husband finally give in and stop rolling his eyes at putting Christmas decor up ridiculously early? Probably somewhere around mid-November. Lovely necklace! I would out an "a" on it, just like in the photo.
I've really enjoyed your 31 Days series and I'm slooowly doing it. :) I love the necklaces!! I would take any one. :)
I would put a big ol' E in it!
lizbrussell@gmail.com
What a neat giveaway! Thanks for the 31 days, I learned so much.
I would love an "L" for my DH, but I would wear it. Kinda cheesy, but whatever, I like cheese!
I absolutely loved the 31 days series. Thanks so much for sticking with it and making it great! :)
I don't ge tto decorate this year b/c we have to move and we are moving at teh end of this month. Maybe if I'm lucky I can get Christmas decor up after we move in, of course, I would need to know where I am moving to... but that's another story. :)
I would love the initials C and A. {please, oh please, I hope I win}
I love the necklace that you like and I would put a "C" on it. As for Christmas, we won't be doing any decorating until we arrive in FL at my mother's trailer to stay for the winter. That will be very close to Christmas. But to get my Christmas "fix", I will help our daughter put up her decorations with the grandkids. What fun that will be!!! Thanks for the opportunity to win this fantastic design.
Cheryl Sims
I would put a W on my necklace. I put my decorations up the day after Thanksgiving, but this year I am going to start early too. Thanks for the inspiration.
I can hardly wait to start decorating for Christmas too! If I had the necklace, I would have the initial CJS for my 1 year old! Thanks for the contest!
I try to decorate early for Christmas (by Thanksgiving)because my husband's family all come from out of town and they don't come here for Christmas so it's fun to have everything out.
I would put a P on the necklace. Love it...
pk @ Room Remix
Hello there...I would most definitely love this necklace with the letter T.
I put my Christmas decorations up the day after Thanksgiving...otherwise I feel like Thanksgiving doesn't get proper respect. I usually get it all finished in one or two days.
I'd love a necklace like this! But, 'tis the season, so I think I'd get a J for my daughter!
I think I'd want a 'J' for my husband. OH, I want to WIN!!!
I would put an R for my husband Rob, or maybe an H for our last name.
I usually wait til after Thanksgiving to put up Christmas. It depends on when the mood hits me!
I love these! I just had a baby two weeks ago and my husband has been trying to find something like this to get as a "push prize" for me! Ha! I'd get "J" for our new baby! Thanks for the links! I've never looked there before.
Well for sure an "A" for my Buggie but as for Jellybean who is still baking in my oven, keepin my fingers crossed not for long, I would have to wait for him or her to tells us whats been going on in there...
www.buggieandjellybean.blogspot.com
I wait until right after Thanksgiving to put up the Christmas decorations...but I may consider doing it earlier this year! I'd love to win a K necklace!
I would put an M.
Thanks for the 31 days...great ideas as always.
Not sure when I'll get the deco out for Christmas, expecting a baby shortly after and so I'm thinking I'll be looking at it all well into the new year so I don't want to get too tired of it. :)
I would put a T on the beautiful necklace. This is fun, and thank you for the 31 days.
O-Kay- I'll put a little Christmas out too!!!! I do LOVE it & it is over too quickly (for ALL the work that goes into it). I have really enjoyed the 30 days- I have my eye out for a door all my own to paint & adore like yours (you have become quite the trend setter around here- ha ha).
I would love an "A".
In Him, Ashly
I would go with "gc' for my kids. I put my decor up the weekend before thanksgiving, because my parents come to visit on thanksgiving and that is the only time they get to enjoy my christmas decorations.
my husband said yesterday "let's just go simple this year" which i am in total agreeance. we did not carve pumpkins this year bc we simply did not make the time, and it was fine. im sick of feeling like I HAVE to do so much, and just want to really enjoy and appreciate this season.
I would love the necklace - and would put the letter K on it.
I usually put up Christmas right after Thanksgiving, but now you're getting me all excited about it so this might be the year I start to do it sooner!
My email is snshnrn@hotmail.com
I would put an H, for our son Hollis.
LOVE her Southern Charm! I'd do an E.
I used to put up Christmas right after Thanksgiving but I agree- it doesn't seem long enough... So I'm joining the crazy retail store merchandisers and like to start setting up after Halloween....
well, I'm just vain and would do my very own K.
"if I win it than I think i'll put a 'K' on it...oh oh oh, oh oh oh!"
I put our Christmas decor out immediately the day after Thanksgiving. I try to leave it up till New Years but my husband usually is so sick of it all he starts pulling stuff down! (He has his own Grinch doll in his home office...does that explain it? :-)
Love your blog! I would love a "M" if I should win, thank you very much!
We wait until after Thanksgiving to put ours up. Although we don't take them down until the middle of January, we forget too soon what the Holidays are about and I too like to celebrate longer.
I would get the letter K to remind me to think of myself sometimes, not just worry about everyone else!
Kirsten
I think a B and J would be lovely around my neck!
slb7713 at gmail dot com
'R'. And I usually wait until the day after Thanksgiving to put up my Christmas decorations. But I don't have a lot to put up,...yet.
I love the Austin Disk necklace too. I would have KMA on that one but if I just had to pick two then I would go with K J.
I don't get my Christmas stuff out until Thanksgiving. I guess I am old school like that. But most of the time we don't take it down until the end of January and sometimes February, so it stays up quite a while.
J here too.
THANKS!!!!!!!
marcjulieb@yahoo.com
I love this season too, thanksgiving and Christmas are my favorite holidays! I'll probably start putting up Christmas stuff the day after thanksgiving or sometime that week. And if I win the necklace I would like an "H" :)
Thank for all your inspiration!
Oooo, a K and C for my beautiful babies!
[Oh thank you Gussy for sharing the Nester with me.]
Christmas decor goes up on Thanksgiving night...who knows it may make its way up sooner this year.
Give me a "L"!
Christmas decor up day after Thanksgiving. Initial would be c. Cause my name starts with it. As does my hubby's. But he doesn't wear necklaces. Often.
I would want the letter, "T".
I haven't started exactly putting things out but have been picking up things for the Christmas tree in the family room. I seen a rustic looking tree in a magazine & loved it. So I started scouring around for things to add to what I already have. I have the pheasant feathers, rusty bells and tin ornaments. But wanted to get some bamboo ting-tings and some burlap ribbon. Scored the ting-tings at The Dollar Tree. The ribbon was a sheer fluke. We have a distribution center that sells all those pricey fund raisers for the schools. Almost everything, except the candy is $1.49. I bought enough ribbon to wind through the tree & to make a bow on the top.
My Christmas village comes out when we get our first snow.
I would have the letter S.
I usually put our decor up after Thanksgiving but I'm with you--this year it goes up earlier!
kstoner@crosspointe.org
Love the necklace, IF I win i would love it with an M.
I put up decorations after December 5. Our Saint Nicholas eve celebration and my kick-off date for Christmas decorating
The Austin dish, enough said! We start the day after Thanksgiving. My wonderful husband goes a little overboard but it is still alot of fun! How many men like to go to Michael's???
I love decorating for Christmas too, but it's too early for us. I like to fully enjoy Thanksgiving and not overlook it by going straight to Christmas. As much as I love the Christmas decorations, I'm ready for them to come down after being up a month.
Love your little sign.
tina
I would put a B for our last name...I could never choose one kids initials...there are four and the other three would be madly jealous. I love your blog and all of the grand ideas!!!
Oh, pretty! I'd do a C.
What a cute necklace. I would choose "C" for my daughter Cora, and probably purchase an extra charm so I can put an "N" for our little boy Noah who is due to appear in March!
My husband doesn't allow Christmas decor up until after Thanksgiving. So, the day after Thanksgiving, I put EVERYTHING up. I look forward to that day!!!
Oooooh, cute!
I'd have to get an E and an L for my kids.
I think I'm going to be decorating early this year too...I love Christmas!
I was just looking at her site last night! I would love a G and a M.
I put out the day after Thanksgiving. I love to spend the day putting away fall and bringing out winter... :)
I love the idea of gradual Christmas decorating! The necklace is beautiful! I'd like a "c".
The necklace is so cute, I love it. I would get a K. thanks ckclm4@gmail.com
I would get the letter A; my first and last name initial! And, I start putting up Christmas decorations the day after Thanksgiving.
Now I know I am in heaven!! Other women that like to start decorating for Christmas now. Now I can prove to my husband I am not crazy. Or at least if I am, I am in great company!! Yeah!! ;0)
I am so sad that 31 days is done. I LOVED it. I spruced up our master bedroom this past week, and i framed a sentimental necklace on pretty scrapbook paper. :) thanks for the inspiration.
Our anniverasry is Dec. 6th, SO, our tradition is to go buy our tree that day, and get our decor out after we have the tree in it's stand. I love that day.
I love it! I'd choose an "a" for Amanda, or MAYBE I'd be selfless and choose an initial for someone else as a Christmas gift.
I don't let myself get Christmas stuff out until the very second that Thanksgiving is done (or when we get home from Tennessee). I think Thanksgiving gets the short end of the holiday stick. Poor holiday gets stuck between Halloween and Christmas.
When Thanksgiving is over, I listen to Christmas carols 24/7 (not even Glenn Beck's radio show can tear me away from the Christmas stations) and have a blast decorating for Christmas. This year, you've inspired me to try to think of some new ways to decorate instead of the same old way. :)
The necklace would be a lovely Christmas present for our daughter. I'd get the initial R.
We like to wait until after Thanksgiving to put our Christmas decorations up. Then we usually don't pull them down until sometime in January.
glamdring (at) thegreatlands (dot) com
Beautifous! I would have S C on it! Loved the 31 days, by the way- Im starting my advent garland now, stockings were made 3 weeks ago and Ballard inspired Tree skirt is half done...
I do not put Christmas up until the day after Thanksgiving. But,then I don't do too much for any one holiday. Just lots of little things here and there.
I always wait until after my son's December 1st birthday to put up the decorations.
Erika
mannen25@msn.com
P.S. I loved your 31 days -- it really got me thinking. I've incorporated a few ideas and I'm going to work through them all again in a few months.
If my hubby would let me I would have Christmas decor up all year!
Can I have an M?
I really liked your series, Nester! It was a fun 31 days. :)
I would get a "J" for me!
We usually put our Christmas decorations up fairly close to Christmas; we get a tree about 2 weeks before, but sometimes we put out other decorations earlier. I LOVE Christmas! ;D
I usually put up everything the couple of days after thanksgiving. I was just sitting here this morning wishing for some twinkling lights when I woke up!!!!
Your concept makes A LOT of sense! It IS too much to wait and put up after Thanksgiving. Because of my faux floral business, I have Christmas up early too, but most of it has a price tag hanging from it! :-} I like the idea of the white lights going up. I just may add that into some of my decor.
If I were to win your drawing, I'll take a D please! :)
Donna
Oh I really really want one of these. They are just darling!! Thanks so much for the chance to win!!
AH so fun! I love this entry because it's about Christmas and a beautiful necklace giveaway! I'm having our first baby in January and have been looking for a beautiful necklace like this! I would like the initials TK or just T.
As for Christmas decor, after reading this blog entry, I think I will take out some of our christmas decor to {blend} in with my fall/thanksgiving decor but won't pull out all of the stuff until the day after Thanksgiving!
I put my tree up just after thanksgiving... I don't decorate for halloween or thanksgiving specifically, but I decorate like crazy for FALL! I start on Labor Day and take all the fall decor down after Thanksgiving... that way its up for a few months and we can enjoy it.
I would get letters C and A for my kids - and J for my hubby.
We put our decorations up after Thanksgiving. The major reason is the sheer number of our properly color coded, Christmas storage totes. My husband has to remove them from storage and then they get lined up across the front of the house. Not something I want until all of the decorations are displayed. I realize I could re-store them this year with the intent of bringing out one box at a time. Hmmmm...I'll think about it. (I would like the initial "B".)
I think I would get a "J" or maybe "JWM"...too hard to decide on a Monday morning! Thanks for the giveaway!
K for my oldest daughter.
The letter A please. Thanks!
I put up Christmas after Thanksgiving, I have a hard time parting with all the beautiful orange and brown I have up right now. I wold have a P on the necklace. They are just so cute.
I loved the 31 days and have been preparing to be sad without it. Thanks for the consistent posts - so great and lots of work I'm sure. I would take an e or an l (lowercase of course) for surprise gifts. Blog coming soon but until then . . . heatherbursch@msn.com
I put up Christmas decorations after Thanksgiving. Mainly because my husband & 2 sons have birthdays at that time. I don't have time unitl after then. I'd get the initial K. Thanks! liontree@gvtc.com
C-mas decorating? Uh, usually the day after Thanksgiving. I never do the black Friday shopping, instead I spend the day decorating.
I love your idea to start putting out Christmas decor now! I love decorating for Christmas, too, and hate that it's only out for such a short period of time. Wonder if my husband will go for me starting tonight?? :)
Every year we all get antsy for the Christmas season and usually end up decorating about now. I would use a t on the necklace.
I'd love a bMj on my necklace if I were to win. As for Christmas decorations... it tends to be the week after Thanksgiving, but I think your approach is brilliant - maybe I'll adopt it.
I would put the letter K. I love those!
I'm in holiday mode, too. I'm doing some "behind the scenes" stuff but will probably start on Thanksgiving.
I would get the two initials of my kids.
Adorable necklace... I would do either S, J, or SRJ.
As for Christmas decorations, I usually wait until right after Thanksgiving. My neighbor was hanging his Christmas lights yesterday, though!
I would have a J and a T...
I wait until after Thanksgiving for the decorations.... but sometimes it is ON Thanksgiving day.... I start listening to Christmas music MUCH sooner than that though!
www.rowofducks.blogspot.com
onecrowdedhouse@gmail.com
I have never put my things up a little at a time like this. It's worth thinking about and could really ease the stress of rushing right after Thanksgiving. Hmmm, you're pretty smart :)
That necklace is cute, even cuter with a "J" on it!
I'd love the necklace with the initials t N r (the 2 lowercase letters for my boys and the uppercase letter for my hubs).
I get my Christmas on starting the weekend after Thxgiving and I take it down after the New Year (is that capitalized... hmmm???)
Leslie
http://oursoftspottoland.blogspot.com
I'd like an "N" please
Yea for giveaways!! I would get an A and a B (for my daughters Aubrey and Brooklyn). Hope I win!
Would love to have an A or G initial for the necklace. How cute!! Thanks for doing this...
Also, I tend to dread the breaking out of the holiday decor because it's so time consuming, so I think I'll try your process. It makes sense to do it a little along. I thought about making it into a game for the kiddos. When they get home from school, they can search and find whatever I've done that day and get a treat. (They'd probably get the treat anyway...but they'll totally dig the idea!)
Thanks again!
Gina McCune
I usually wait until the day after Thanksgiving but you've gone and inspired me now. I may put some out today. :)
I leave my nativity scene out year round, so I suppose in that sense, I'm always decorating for Christmas. :)
Initial: lowercase j
Thanks for this generous giveaway! I've enjoyed the 31 Days and am a little sad to see it go. You've helped me to better dress my nest!! I've taken lots of your suggestions and my home feels much better. Thank you!
My daughter has been begging me to start to put up some decorations. I have always waited until after Thanksgiving, but this year I'm starting early with the upstairs bedrooms!
Initial? MG (for MaryGrace my Christmas-lovin' daughter!)
email: mrsdarling61@hotmail.com
I would get ALH.
And I would have kept my Christmas decorations up all year long if my hubby didn't mind! But he does, so I will probably get them up the day after Thanksgiving.
Hmmm...I wonder if I have some Christmas stuff I can bring out? I'm not sure. I'm usually one of those people who doesn't like to see any Christmas decorations before Thanksgiving, but I've I'm going to participate in your Christmas party, then maybe I need to get started sooner!
The day after Thanksgiving is reserved for my husband trying not to fall off of a ladder while hanging wreaths and garlands on all of our 2nd story windows. I'm a bit ridiculous, but it is SO gorgeous when it's done!
I would choose an S for my name. And Christmas decor doesn't usually happen until right after T'giving.....love it too much to skip it.
Suzanne
If I had it my way I'd start now, but I think I'll wait until the day after Thanksgiving for my husband's sake... ;)
That's a gorgeous necklace! I'd put either a C, or an F&P.
I would absolutely give this to my baby sister who is going to have our family's newest and cutest Christmas decoration this season--my nephew. She will need an a and a j! pezhead33@msn.com
We usually put up our decorations starting the Sunday after Thanksgiving but we are moving then so.....
I would get the initial C
I am traditional, so I start on Thanksgiving weekend. I love Fall decor and like to leave that up as long as possible!
I'm getting married in February, so I would go with my new initials, "LN".
I'd love to put a number on it.
4.
Or the letter M.
Just beautiful.
I would choose the letter E for my precious baby girl's name.
Khblanchard@gmail.com
I too am going to start putting out my Christmas decor. I was pregnant last year and redoing our floors in December so I didn't put out one thing! I'm going big this year to make-up!
We start decorating for Christmas right after Thanksgiving.
As for initials, maybe an "f".
We decorate for Christmas the day after Thanksgiving :) . And I would have the letter L if I were so lucky as to win!
I just was looking at her shop the other day. Very cute stuff. My initial is C, perhaps CP. Thanks!
I love the framed disk necklace..
sBh would be what i would put..MINE!
Okay, maybe you have talked me into getting out a few christmas things...
I have ALOT of thanksgiving decor...and love it. seems so wrong to mix in red with all the golds etc...but can start thinking that way...
Oh...my...goodness...I LOVE THESE!!!!!!!! I would get the initial E on mine!;-) I think this may be my favorite giveaway! =)=)=)
I put up my Christmas decor right before Thanksgiving! I would like to earlier, but it seems that I can never find the time before that=(
Love those necklaces. I'd probably do a simple "J." But I'm leaving my options open... :)
I never thought to get out the Cmas decorations before Thanksgiving was over!
Traditionally, we haven't started decorating for Christmas until the day after Thanksgiving. This year, however, we're moving into the new house the weekend before Thanksgiving. I think, as long as we're getting stuff out of boxes, we might as well put up Christmas decorations, as well! :)
I'm hoping that's not wishful thinking. It is probably more likely that I'll be so tuckered out from moving that we won't do anything more than a tree this year.
If I won the necklace, I'd have a "g" put on the charm. Our last initial and a reminder to be thinking of God throughout the day.
As much as I love my home with Christmas decor I just can't bring myself to put away the fallish look and start with the Christmas theme until after Thanksgiving. It just doesn't feel right to do it any other way. But I have been known to leave Christmas up until way into January so I can squeeze a few more days of enjoyment out of it.
If I were so blessed to win the giveaway I would pick the letter "M"
I love the simplicity of the necklace...I would get MN on my necklace. All of my children's names start with those letters.
therusinko6@verizon.net
I would have an "N"! And I've totally been into the holidays way more than usual this year so I'm following your lead and starting to set up Christmas decor now. I love this time of year!
I love that Christ is Born thing!! Is that on a lamp? Love it! Love the necklace too! Beautiful pieces!
Thanks so much for the ideas in your 31 days! I love the necklace and would have it with a d, just for me. I'm learning to do things for myself, not just for everyone else. Thanks again.
Beautiful necklace! My 16 year old daughter would LOVE it. Please use the letter K if I win.
The Halloween has to all come down before the Christmas can go up. My goal this week (I'm on vacation) is to atleast get the Halloween down. Would be nice to get started on the Christmas decor.
rhonda@nedlmt.com
AH! Well then, if I don't have to have a blog then I'll just put my email here!
schmoomom@gmail.com
I love your blog. I would get the initial R for my son and me!
I'm thinking about getting the Christmas decorations out next week. Love Christmas.
I would get a W if I won the necklace.
wcollier1201@yahoo.com
There are years that I've put out my Christmas decor early too! Love those necklaces -- so beautiful! :)
Oh how I love Jennifer and her work. I love these beautiful little silver necklaces so much!!
M for Moody
I would have a C - so cute!
I take out my Christmas stuff the day after Thanksgiving. I don't shop, I decorate! :)
I'd like a T please!
I have a few personalized pieces, and they almost all have the kid's names on them. For this one, I would get my own intial {gasp*}, which is a J. Lovely stuff, I am a sucker for monograms...
~Jen
I think I would like my monogram! Thanks for the chance! These are wonderful! ~Bryssy
If I won, I would pick B.
We always wait until the Friday after Thanksgiving to put up our decorations. But the Christmas music comes on during Thanksgiving dessert. That's what we did when I was growing up and I've continued it on with my family.
Great giveaway!
I too start early. Halloween goes away today and Christmas starts tomorrow. Since Thanksgiving is at our house this year I will leave the dining room a little fallish but remove most of the orange and incorporate beaded fruit, pinecones, and greenery. This is the first year I will also have a tree in the dining room so I may put it up before thanksgiving with just the lights on and decorate it Thanksgiving night after dinner.
Thanks for the 31 Days, it was fun seeing what you would come up with each day!
Best wishes,
Tammy
I've had my eye on hand-stamped necklaces for a long time! I would add two more charms so I could do the initials of my three boys.
sarahmaybergren (at) yahoo (dot) com
We put up our decor on Black Friday. It is so nice to have that day together as a family, and it is cheaper than shopping!
This year Im going to start putting Christmas decorations up right after my toddler's birthday party next week. With 2 kids under 2 it will probably take me a month to do it, so I better start ASAP! I love this necklace! Im not sure how I would pick an initial between my two kids so I think I would just do S for our last name.
I would put an R for mine & my daughter's initial. Thanks for a chance to win!
www.treefrogcreations.blogspot.com
i would love an S and a J
What beautiful necklaces! I would love one with an O & L on it for my two sweet babies that are about to turn one.
Ah, where do I begin? I'm a lover of Christmas. We start our countdown on January 1st. :) Everyone who knows me, knows that I'm cleaning my house to Mariah Carey's Christmas CD in September! I also love the classics, like Bing Crosby and Frank Sinatra. I have three rubbermaid bins busting at the seams with our Christmas decor. I like to pull it out slowly as well. My pleasure is in the little things; Christmas dish towels, bells on the doors, and holiday candles and tarts.
I think you should do some sort of "25 Days of Christmas" for dressing your nest; holiday style! THanks for all of your inspiration!
p.s. my initial would be a "W".
~audrey
Love these necklaces! I would like an "L" necklace for myself!
I would put a "J" on mine. I do wait til after Thanksgiving to decorate for Christmas, because I love Thanksgiving to much to give it the shaft. :) A lot of my Christmas decorations are wintery, though (like pine, white candles, and brass reindeer), so I end up keeping that stuff up through January until Feb 1st when I do Valentine's stuff.
Cute! I would get an M and an R for my daughters....not MR. I'm not a MR....I'm a MRS.
I have to start putting up my decorations about the week before Thanksgiving. Too much to wait until December!
What a cute necklace! I see Christmas gifts....
I would like the letter "g" for the necklace if I were to win :)
The lights go up on the house the second full week in November which gives me the chance to work out any kinks and talk the hubby into more lights (think National Lampoons Christmas). I put my Christmas tree and the final touches up the Sunday BEFORE Thanksgiving. I am not allowed to turn the lights on (hubby MUST have Thanksgiving) but as soon as the dishes are cleared the whole family does a tree/house lighting ceremony. The boys love it! It is one of my fave holiday traditions.
I would have an A if I were so lucky as to win. And our Christmas stuff goes up the day after Thanksgiving. As much as I would love to start early...my dear hubby won't hear of it.
LOVED the 31 days series!
Yay!
Initials: C and A
I have a Christmas decorating, cards, and gift schedule every year. Yes, I know how that sounds. ;)
I start Christmas shopping on Nov. 1. Except the year that I had my wisdom teeth removed in Oct. and sat at the computer all weekend and knocked it all out online (my recipients were very lucky that their gifts were not strange and wacky considering I was hopped up on some strong painkillers!). Gifts are wrapped as they are purchased so they will be ready for the tree ( a tree without gifts is sad, IMO).
Decorations go up the week of Thanksgiving- so when we are done with all the Thanksgiving travel and family visits, we don't have a massive decorating project looming.
Cards are completed the week after Thanksgiving and sent out on Dec. 1. I already have my holiday address labels this year.
Yes, I know that this is rather Type A, but then we get to enjoy the season, which can be hectic with small kids. Then on Jan. 1, we take down everything and put it back in storage. But we won't even think about that right now!
Cute necklaces. I would get the letter S, since my husband and myself share the same initials.
Christmas decor always go up right after Thanksgiving. Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday, so I don't like it to be overshadowed by anything Christmas.
I love monogrammed necklaces! If I won this it would be a total Christmas gift to myself; with the initial W for my lil' boy :) I think that I'll be putting up some Christmas decor early this year - we're in a new house and it'll take me a while to figure out where I want to put stuff. I'm so excited :)
I was just telling my husband last night how ready I am to decorate for Christmas. We will be out of town for half of December so it seems like such a bummer to wait until after Thanksgiving. So this year I will be getting ready a little earlier and I can't wait! :)
As for the necklace I would probably get a D (for my hubby) or M (for me). Or maybe both! Thanks for hosting the giveaway!
We start decorating the day after Thanksgiving. Oh and I would want the letter L and B for my sons. Hope I win!
These necklaces are so cute! I'd love an m.
I usually wait until the week of Thanksgiving to decorate. Hubs doesn't like when I rush ahead to Christmas before the Thanksgiving turkey is cold. Do you think if I decorate gradually, he won't notice?;)
Lovely necklace - I would get an S! We start Christmas decor on the day after Thanksgiving.
I would need an A, and I start bright and early the day after thanksgiving! :)
Angie
shopaholic0603@hotmail.com
my initials are KK so I would get a 'k' ... we put up Christmas stuff right after Thanksgiving - I like to do one holiday at a time! LOL
kathy k.
Still debating what initial(s) I'd choose...but as for Christmas decor....I'm a "day after Thanksgiving" gal myself.
Hi, Nester! Let me just say that Laine and I loveD meeting you at the yard sale on Sat. We had so much fun, and are already using the things we bought to make our homes more beautiful!
I love this necklace - SO cute! It'll have to be an "A" for me!
a.ketner@hotmail.com
or you can send me a message on FB
We decorate the whole weekend after Thanksgiving. I can do the inside of the house (minus the tree) in one evening. It takes hubby about a week of evenings to put the lights on the house. Just sayin....
I'd want my sons' initials on the necklace - "E" and "D" - absolutely beautiful stuff! Great giveaway!
These necklaces are lovely...I think if I won I would want the initials R & J! And I have really enjoyed your 31 days series.
Janet
since i have 3 kiddos, i'd have to get an "m" -- could be for me, or the family name, depending on my mood! =)
i love thanksgiving too much to put up christmas before it. i wait until the weekend after.
but it doesn't come down until after epiphany...the 3 wise men can't show up only to find baby jesus in the basement!
I put up Christmas decor the day after thanksgiving (so cliche' right?) LOL, everything goes up (right after I get home from my black friday shopping) and then it stays up until after new years.
I would put an M and an N for the two wonderful men in my life!
I am totally a day after Thanksgiving kinda gal! (Crossing My Fingers:) I would get a "Y" to include the whole family!
I decorate for Christmas on the Saturday and Sunday following Thanksgiving(sometimes until the wee hours of the morning). I try not to "step on the toes" of Thanksgiving too much. I feel its a holiday that is waaaay overlooked and shouldn't be! Not only is it a celebration with family and friends of the Pilgrims and the fledgling beginnings of our country, but I feel its a perfect time to get us in the mindset of being grateful (thankful) for the many blessings we have, especially leading into the Advent(Christmas) season. Thanksgiving helps me remember to slow down and really appreciate all the "reasons" for season! Love, love, love your blog! And I would choose an "O" for my son's initial...Thank you for all you do!
Amy in Austin, TX
amelia_fisher@yahoo.com
We put out our decorations after Thanksgiving, since we have so many thanksgiving, fall decorations out until then.
I would choose a S for the necklace
Those necklaces are so lovely! If I win one, I would get a letter A...it can stand for April and my new daughter (on the way) Aleah.
aprilcowan@hotmail.com
I'd get an R- the monogram of my last name... of course since the only necklace I'm wearing these days is carrying my wedding band and engagement ring due to some crazy pregnancy swelling, I'd have to wait another month or so before I could wear it!
Christmas starts at 2pm today. That is when the Halloween decorations slide into the attic and the garland comes down.
We have literally eaten Thanksgiving dinner in front of the Christmas tree a few times!
Give me an S on my necklace!
What a lovely prize. I would love an E.
i would get an "r" so both my daughter and I could wear it...
and i've slowly started pulling out christmas, too.
my husband is dying a little bit, but i agree--there is more joy in doing it in smaller increments, rather than sacrificing two days during a crazy time of year!
I am an early bird when it comes to putting up the Christmas decor. I am staring on the shop this week and I will be starting @ home the week before Thanksgiving. Would love to put that necklace under the tree this year for my 13 year old daughter "S" Always enjoying your blog, Lori
Love the necklace! I'd need a c!
I start decorating as soon as the dishes are put away on Thanksgiving day.
Love the giveaway... thanks for hosting. I'd love a necklace with my initial - J. And I usually put up Christmas decor right after Thanksgiving... but I do like your idea of putting out subtle items up already.
Love the necklace! I would have a M for the initial. And I can't wait to put up all my Christmas stuff!!
I love HSC! So pretty!! And what a fun giveaway...right before Christmas...it would make such a pretty gift...to myself. ;o) I'd want a "K" for me! I start decking our halls in October...I just leave out some of the definite Christmas stuff (i.e. the actual Christmas tree -- I put up other trees in the other rooms with other seasonal/fally/wintery ornaments -- the stockings...that all goes up the day after Thanksgiving!) I'm so excited!!!
How lovely! I would put an E on mine.
dizzylizzy5(at)att(dot)net
I have 3 kids so I would need BLT-so maybe the L for my daughter and ahe would love it.
I start the Christmas dec on Thanksgiving weekend, too. My daughter and now my son, being at college, it is nice for them to see the T day decorations and then next time they will see Christmas! It takes a long time. I keep some wintery things up thru January.
~Nancy
I would love one of those with our family initial "I". I already have some with kids stuff. I am thinking something for just me this time!
I always wait until the day after thanksgiving to put out Christmas decor but I may change that this year.
I can't wait for the southern Christmas show!
Great prize...I'd like a G please!
I usually start putting out my Christmas decorations the day after Thanksgiving but I'm getting really excited about The Tour of Homes so I may start early!!! I would get the Initial J.
Love the necklace- would put my name and hubbys G&D. Will put my Christmas decor up on Thanksgiving or that weekend.
How gorgeous! I think I would engrave it RWH- Return with Honor. Just a little reminder of where I want to go :)
I would but a S!
I'm going to start pulling out my Christmas decor a little early this year too. I think in a week or two I'll start with a few little items and build on it until Thanksgiving. Then I'll do the tree, stockings, etc. I'm so excited!
I loved, loved, loved your 31 days series!
I would get the letters PCW, for my kids! Very cute necklace and I may just have to get out my christmas decorations early this year as well!
Thanks for 31 fabulous days of information AND for hosting this great giveaway- I'd LOVE to win one of those babies! :-)
Layla
I really enjoyed your 31 days
blogging. I would put an N on
the necklace and keep it for myself. B'ham Nancy
rreed1143@charter.net
I love your blog! I would have do to my initial or my husbands... A or D....
diskoash at yahoo . com
I start bringing out hints of Christmas as soon as fall/cool weather hits. My blue curtains get changed to a shade of deep red, and throw pillows go from creamy light colors, to deep chocolates and reds. As Christmas draws nearer, more things get added each day. it's tradition in our house to put the tree up on thanksgiving evening, after all guests have left. then, all the rest of the decorations -the really festive ones that i've held out on-- the snowmans, santa claus, and nativity sets come out!
the necklaces are lovely. the "a" as pictured is perfect.
ashleybertrand5@gmail.com
We are going to start getting our decorations out before Thanksgiving this year. You are an inspiration!!
I would choose the letter "t".
Oh, thats lovely! I would get an A since it's the initial for both of my boys.
I LOVED the 31 days series, even send it to my sister.
I am going to start decorating for Christmas next week. I dont have much fall, more like Halloween stuff and I'm like you: 4 weeks just isn't enough.
Alain0207@msn.com
We also wait until the first weekend in December, but then we leave our decorations up well into January after the Epiphany! Then anything Christmas comes down, but winter stuff stays up--like snowflakes, snowmen, etc. until late Feb. Thanks for the awesome give-away! I would like a C if I won! Conniekool@hotmail.com
I love your blog! I love the necklace and would get a K on it if I won! Thanks Karla at
kbarritt1@nc.rr.com
I've never put Christmas decor out quite this early, but now I have a good reason, so thank you!
The necklaces are beautiful. I would love one with the initial "C".
I would have an L.
We wait until the day after Thanksgiving to put up our Christmas decorations and leave them up through New years!
Post a Comment