Hi everyone. This is not the post I promised you. My computer is having a tizzy or whatever you call it and doesn't want to cooperate and load the bajillion photos that I want to show you. I will have the mistreatment post ready for you on Monday. I hope my computer doesn't blow up.
Why is it when I envision my computer blowing up I see a big explosion, and cloud of smoke and then no less than 4,968,381 papers flying out of it, 862 CDs shooting from it and 57,390,557 photos that are printed falling gracefully into my living room? I really hope it doesn't blow.
I will answer a few questions from yesterday. I think it was Julie, who doesn't have a blog link who asked where I put my alarm clock. I am so happy to tell you that we don't have one. My son has one in his room just to see the time. We have a DVR thing with the glowing clock so if I here a noise in the night I know whether I should be scared or not. A noise heard from 11-2am is not a big deal. If I hear a noise between 2am and 4am I need to wake my husband and freak out. If there is a noise after 5am, big woop.
We haven't used an alarm in years. I usually wake up in the sixes or early sevens. When the boys went to real school we just woke up at 7am--I have no idea how. Plus, I'm pretty sure that the dog would get us up if we tried to sleep later than seven. If I did have an alarm I would just hide it behind that fabric box sitting on the table next to the bed. In that box I have: blistex, foot lotion because I am 76 years old, mints, Little Women {the book not actual small ladies} and extra rubber {don't go there} bands for my hair. My husband doesn't leave the house until 9am so we don't have to have a wake up time. Oh, the joys of being self employed.
Julie and others also have asked how I put a lamp on a sofa table behind the sofa when there is no wall right there to plug in a lamp. Well, for me, I have a sectional so one side usually is touching the wall and I put the table on the side protruding into the room. I use extension cords and run one under the sofa to the nearest outlet. I have had a floating sofa and table before. In this case, you need a large rug. You get a long extension cord, and lay it flat under the rug and run it to the nearest outlet and then put a table or chair or something in front of the outlet to hide the cord coming weirdly from the rug. Get creative! I bet you can figure out a way to hide it!And because it's against everything I believe to publish a post without a photo I'll prove to you once again that I have no shame. Look at that rank. Oh my word! Is this blog becoming popular? Have you been to Technorati? Doesn't it sound illegal to go there? I fully expected to see Jessica Simpson partying there. You can see who has linked to you in their blog and waste all sorts of valuable time.
I Need A Person To Think Up Witty Titles for Me
Scrawled out by
The Nester
on
5/23/2008
Labels: decorating dork
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
37 comments:
Wow I can really be the fist to post today!??
I invision my computer exploding much the same way! I keep telling myself to pick up a back up drive for all my pictures! The rest well I would live but my pictures, the hundreds I take a month would be gone!
Can't wait to see the pictures on Monday!
Of course your blog is popular...I keep sending your link to my entire family and my friends. :) I was out last weekend buying some things for the house, and my Mother in law actually said, the Nester would have that!! I kid you not. Your a household name here. :)
Have you tried Windows Live writer?? I have been using it and I love it. I posted about it probably about a week or so ago. Its under Testing 1, 2, 3. You need to try it. It puts pictures in so much faster. Now I'm going to go look at that technothingy. :o)
Are you JUST figuring out how much we love The Nester??? And why EVERYONE who gets a comment goes cuckoo!! Yes, my Dear Nester--YOU are the bomb! Have a great Memorial Day weekend and here's to hoping that your computer doesn't blow...because I'd be sad...very sad! I always need my Nester Fix!
Your tassels are on my wish list but my finances have been put in the "yard catagory" since we have a family reunion of sorts at our house on July and we will be spending our time outdoors but as soon as that last little flower gets planted I am heading to etsy to grab one of your fabulous tassels...I can't wait. I hide my alarm clock behind a picture on the nightstand which serves two purposes
1. I hate the look of an alarm clock and 2. if you have to reach around a picture and risk knocking it over and waking your spouse you are less likely to hit the snooze button a dozen times! whew that was a long comment. Have a great day! Paula
Becoming popular?! LOL
Girl, you are like head cheerleader in high school with all the friends and the quarterback for your boyfriend.
You usually wake up in the sixes or early sevens?? Oh my gosh, how that made me LAUGH! I manage to wake up in the sixes on the weekends- when I don't NEED to. Very annoying. :o)
I need help in my kitchen. Pictures on my blog. :o) Purty please.
This technorati thing is neat. It's going to be my new favorite way to waste time. :)
Nester, you blog is great! I just put your button on my blog. After they get done reading mine (which is much less exciting than yours) someone can cheer up at yours haha.
I used to have that "internal" alarm clock thing...until I got married and the hubby kept me up all night. With his SNORING (minds out of the gutter, folks.) Now I need it to be on time. And I hate ones with blue lights, cause they too keep me awake.
I sent you a letter but it keeps coming back... My email is susanh@eatel.net I will try and send it again. Is this your right email nestingplacen@carolina.rr.com ?
I just had to chuckle. I have the same box as the one on your bedside table. I have a stacking set in my bedroom:)
I don't know what Technorati is, but it's no secret you're popular!
Nester....you are still my favorite tassel maker....the latest made it to my nest today and I LOVE it...... I will have to try and post a picture of it tomorrow..... Thanks again girl....you are one talented bird!
Helloooo Nester ~~ you are too funny!! I love your blog and read regularly and am even a little sad when I get here before you do ~~ is that not really sad?:0)
I can't wait to see your new pics!! I made the garland from a few posts ago and it is too cute my dear. You'll have to come on over to my corner of the blog world and check out where it ended up!!
Have a GREAT Memorial weekend,
Dawn
Hey Nester, you're the top search on technorati! You ARE popular! But we already knew that didn't we?
Also, if you want to waste time, check out icanhascheezburger.com So freaking funny.
Arent you happy to know so many are stalking you Nester. We dont wanna be Martha Stweart. Spit on that Mz Perfect Snobbbynose, we wanna be Nester-where it doesnt HAVE to be perfect to be beautiful.
I *heart* Nester!
Hi Nester!!!
Thought I would drop in a moment and take a look at YOUR BLOG...get you added to MY FAVORITE BLOGS and to also ask if you worry about setting the house on fire with that extension cord under the rug that is under the sofa??? LOL! Seriously...you need to rework that idea...take it from the wife of a Master Electrician and the sister to a brother Fireman with 15 years of watching people's houses burn down from totally preventable disasters, such as candles unattended and extension cords overloaded or not "correctly" handled....i.e.= under rugs.
Boo Hoo...We would NOT want THAT to happen, unless the puter blows up first...right???!
Love those black chairs...can I have those??? I can pick them up in a bout a month or so!!! LOL!
Rubber and little women by your bed...are you really the woman we think you are???
Is it sad that this is all I took from this post?
:)
You are a funny lady!
Yes--you really are THAT popular! You wouldn't believe the amount of hits I get off your site because you have me linked. I bet your poor readers are expecting lots of pretty house pictures, and instead get me rambling on about my life change :)! (I'll get creative again soon enough!).
I can only say I knew you "back when" and recognized your talent right away!
Love ya!
You have the best humor. I love to read your blog. It makes me smile and laugh.
Joanne
Tell me how to use the Stupid Techna.....whatever. I went there and navigated about in bewilderment. Maybe "Boybarians" will write us an instruction thingy. I am lost!
Hi Nester!
It's no wonder you're so popular...you posts are so inspiring! And funny too! I love your decor and great tips/ideas! Thanks for sharing your creative wealth!
Congrats on being a Technorati hottie! Did I just say that? Well, congrats anyhoo!
You need to go spend $100 and buy yourself 5GB of external back up hard drive... I just did that for my 500+ photos I take DAILY and it's greatly lowered my stress levels, just knowing it's here.
AND- I tell everyone about you. They all think it's crazy when I start my sentence with, "So this lady's blog that I stalk...."
OMG Stop, STOP! my poor tummy, u are so funny. I almost busted a gut laughing @
extra rubber...
(don't go there) bands.
Nester,
Please enlighten us on where you buy your furniture! I am IN LOVE w/ your decor and furnishings. I love the black! I'm rethinking my entire house after being inspired by your's!
Michelle
Oh, word, people are asking all sorts of questions and I don't know where to begin. Not only that but I still haven't mailed out last Tuesday's orders and I feel like a looser only one with a capital "L".
Black furniture: I buy stuff EVERYWHERE! yard sales, free on the side of the road, Kmart, Chain furniture stores and I even have a few decent pieces. Black is the easiest color to spray paint!
Where do you find most of your window fabrics?
Beautiful blog and home!
Very cool, glad you don't keep little ladies beside your bed. I love the book by the way. I am having a party, you seem like a party girl. Come visit:)Rachael p.s. I am off to spend valuable time at Technorati...
Oh yeah, I wanted to tell you I've had a "Nobody's allowed up before 7am" rule in my house, since my first child was born. And somehow all the kids regulated and for years woke up at exactly 7am. Lol. Isn't that great? What's even greater is that now they sleep in til 8 or 8:30, and so do I!
I have but one thing to say and it isn't really related to anything in your post. When you move are you having a yard sale and will you let me know because I will camp out on your lawn all night to be first in line! I'm so NOT joking, except maybe about the camping thing because I don't do camping very well.
I am sooo flying in the air because I told my husband my crazy idea and didn't think that he would go for it and he totally was so excited and on board. I decided to move our round dining table and buffet into the foyer and not have a dining room. We are making the dining room into an extra tv/game/computer/where we send daughter and boyfriend room. My question is... would you recommend a slipcovered sectional for us. Your's looks slipcovered- is it hard to keep straight with kids laying all over it. Would you buy another one? Please, please let me know. Anyone else with an opinion let me know. Thanks!
By the way... I told him my idea in the car and in the last hour we already moved the table into the foyer- looks fabulous!
L O O S E R, Nester??? I think you may mean L O S E R!!! LOL!!
Looks like EVERYONE from Technorati has found you and I do aspire to those heights one day! You ARE the greatest, so far!!!
Okay...gotta go read!!! Talk to you soon!
Robin
robin--i have no idea how to spell most words! i also need a person to proof read for me before i make a complete fool of myself.
i think it's too late.
Southerner--i am sooo excited for you! i love the look of a round table in the foyer. my sectional is not slipcovered but i do have a sofa that is. it's denim and one time the boys had a pen or marker leak out on one of the cushions. i just took that one off, spray and washed it and washed it and it looks great--i cannot even tell which one it was.
it's our extra sofa for the playroom so it doesn't get as much use as our main sofa but i wish our main sofa was a slip cover too. usually they are a little thicker material and I wish ours were.
i think you would be happy.
good luck!
I tried this Technorati page after reading this post. How do you see who is linked to your page?
Post a Comment