I'm doing this now. The real move isn't until this weekend but I like to stretch out a move and make it as long and as hillbilly as possible.
I'm behind because we did this over the weekend.I'm too cheap to purchase the photo from the park so I took a picture of the screen.
Talk to you later!
Want to help me move?
Scrawled out by
The Nester
on
5/28/2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
41 comments:
LOL - I LOVE that you took a picture of the screen instead of purchasing the pictue. I've sooo done that!
How do you manage to look cute even on roller coaster action shots? I often have to buy them just for the laughs they provide! I mean, they are so heinous that even I can't help laughing at myself.
Looks like fun! Wish we could have joined you, we need to get together again soon!!!
haha! "...as hillbilly as possible..." Whenever we go out of town (on any and every trip), we always refer to ourselves as "The Clampetts" because we have everything shy of Granny in a rocker on top. If I lived closer, I'd gladly help you move! :o)
Of course, your husband's scale might never find it's way to the new home.
Just kidding...kinda...
I would love to move, crazy I know... It gives you a chance to clean out. We built our house on family land so I would feel such guilt if we sold. Not that I wont ever do it, but you know.. I didnt know we were to buy those darn, overpriced, blurry, funlovin' shots. I thought they put them up on the screen for us to snap our own shots... smile's Susie H.
Yikes I hate moving! Good luck.
:snort: took a picture of the screen.
I :heart you.
WHO buys those pictures anyway? Oh wait... my mother in law does. She has a drawer full. I'm not sure what's up with that. lol I love that you took a picture of the screen.
Love the picture! Those things are stupid expensive and with as much as parks charge to get in and for food why would you want to pay for that picture to remind you of the gaping hole in your wallet! Moving isn't so bad - I really enjoy it but given that I've moved 24 times in 29 years I would say I'm used to it! Good luck!
Ahaha!! I would NEVER have thought to take a picture of the screen! I am SO doing that next time. :p
Have...er..fun with the move! lol
Thats awesome that you took a picture of the screen - I think the last time I went to an amusement park, digital cameras werent all the rage like now!
I feel ya on the moving. I got 4 weeks until we move. I'm dreading every minute of it!
Just thought I'd drop a note and say I feel for you girl. I just moved into my new house 4 weeks ago, and I'm still surrounded by boxes and wondering how long I can tell people "Oh, excuse the mess. We just moved in."
Good luck with everything! Be sure to listed to good music to keep you going.
Wow, this move came fast! I hope you have everything packed and ready to go. I can't wait to see how everything fits into your new place.
Love that you took a pic of the screen! That's what I'm doin' from now on! And again...I HATE moving! Sorry!
I'd love to move too. Just to get rid of all the junk I no longer need. Can't wait to see pictures of all the nesting you do. Have fun! Julie H.
LOL! I love that you took a picture of the picture! That just made my day! I will have to keep that in mind on our summer travels! Happy packing!
I hope the move goes well. Are you stocked up on Advil? I always manage to do some major muscle damage when I move.
If I lived near you, I would be there in a heartbeat to help! Moving is always so
......well....yucky!
Praying your week is as painless as possible!!
blessings
steph.
That actually came out pretty nice for taking a picture of the picture. I am SO doing that next time!
Good luck with your move!
If I lived closer I would certainly help you move. I must say that I really admire you not only for your creativity but for your willingness to be so open about your life, the struggles and the successes.
Blessings,
Linda
Love it - wonderful budgeting tip! You guys are like the Riches! We are so going to do that! Nancy
Thats a good one, taking a picture of the screen.
Hey Nester!
Aahh...we will be going to Carowinds in 2 weeks! Just think I would have recognized you, but you would have no idea who I was. Maybe you might remember me from the tassel you made me or the fact that I bug you for decorating questions. Anyways...good luck with the move!
Suzanne
My comment above didn't make much sense...had you been going to Carowinds in 2 weeks I would recognize you, but you wouldn't have recognized me. Sorry I am running on not a lot of sleep today so that accounts for the brain delays.
First, you are a GENIUS to take a picture of the screen. I never buy those pictures either - what an awesome idea! Dang girl! You have cornered the market on sneaky chic!
Good luck with the moving - as much as we all feel for ya' we are all dying to see the new house "nested up". Can't wait to see what you have up your sleeve!!!!
How in the world do you and your sister pack up and move yourselves so quickly? Packing to move takes me like a year and another year to unpack every last box.
Your whole family looks adorable in the picture. I love roller coasters but I am always afraid someone is going to throw up on me. I'm a complete freak about it and it nearly ruins my fun.
Oh, I LOVE that you took a photo of the screen! That is just hilarious!! I would embarass my husband beyond recovery if I did that, so I'd have to click quickly while one of the children distracted him. Lol.
Good luck packing and moving!
Too cool that you took the pic of the screen -- such a good idea! I want to be like you when I grow up.
Have fun moving!!
Awesome picture.
Come visit me:)
Julieann
Oh Nester! I lurk all the time but finally have to post. I made a ragamuffin garland today for my kitchen window and it is TDF cute. Oh the cuteness is overwhelming! AND ,the BEST part is that I bought fabric to do a sweet little pink and green one for my 4 year old's bedroom. Yay!
Now I think I need to mistreat my kitchen window. We moved here 4.5 years ago when I was 36 weeks pregnant and I immediately ripped down the vertical blinds...and the window has been naked ever since!
~ Sarah
i'm so glad that you and your family took some time to just hang out before the move. fun!
Just found you last week, and had to give mistreating my windows a try. I got me some nails and a hammer and went to work. I wouldn't classify it as beautiful, really, but it's cute and homey and I like it. Thanks!
Nester, we are finally back from our trip and I got your fun package! Thank you!!! I can't wait to start working on putting the garland together very soon! :)
I finally posted some photos on my blog of my Nester inspired "mistreatments" that I made for our kitchen and living room.
Your new house looks cute and cottage like. I can't wait to see pictures of all the cute things you do to Nester-fy the inside!!! :)
Good luck for a smooth and easy move!
Just found your blog as a link from Engraved Palms. I will be making a move from Texas to SC this time next year. Thought it was interesting that you have lived in both Macon & Columbia. I grew up in Macon and will be returning to live in Columbia permanently. Enjoyed your blog and will visit again.
So you post a picture of a wooden guy holding a box, and a picture of a picture of you on some crazy contraption---and you STILL get 34 comments?! :) That's loyalty girl!
And I think you're genius, btw--who wants to pay five bucks for a picture of themselves when they can just "steal it"? hee. hee.
And you KNOW you're hillbilly moving when you start hauling all your stuff out in garbage bags cuz you ran out of boxes!! (that would be how I moved....)
I love your blog! I have been reading it for awhile! I think that your new home will be so cozy. Please don't get rid of any of your mistreatments before offering them to us!
Amy
What on earth? Okay, I live in Florida...can you say Disney & Seaworld? Why haven't I ever thought of taking a picture of the screen? We've even had some real doozies. I could have had some blackmail material on my husband over the years. :)
What on earth? Okay, I live in Florida...can you say Disney & Seaworld? Why haven't I ever thought of taking a picture of the screen? We've even had some real doozies. I could have had some blackmail material on my husband over the years. :)
LOL on taking a pic of the screen!!
Can't wait to see how you arrange your furniture pieces in your new nest! I have the same "foyer" that you have...a 4x4 area of tile butting up to our oak living room floor.
God bless.
I take pics of the screens too.
Today I was at a friends house and I loved a piece of art that she got at the thrift store. Of course I cannot find another, I took the pic of the art and am getting it blown up. Yes, I am cheap too.
good luck on the move.
I just rode the Ricochet a few weeks ago at Carowinds...Great fun!!!!
Post a Comment