We moved.




Ahhh, one room done. Only 10 rooms plus the garage to go.

94 comments:

petrii said...

Wow you do good fast work!! That looks GREAT!! Been praying that your move would go well ~~ hope it did.

Have a GREAT evening,
Dawn

Anonymous said...

Nester!
I LOVE LOVE LOVE your entry room - how gorgeous is that!! I could move right in!! We're cheering you on from a distance! Here's to debt-free freedom and doing in in STYLE! :-)
imamom

Caren said...

You're good girl! That looks fantastic! I hope the move continues to go well and I look forward to seeing more of your decorating in the new place!

Anonymous said...

I just started reading your blog a few days ago, and I'm so inspired by your creativity. What a beautiful room! I can't believe you did it so quickly. Thank you for sharing it with us.

Julie @ Sweet Chaos said...

Whew, I was almost having picture withdrawal! I was feeling bad about that--me missing your pictures and stuff while you were so busy unpacking and being out of sorts. A girl can only refresh her favorite blog so many times before she starts to feel like she needs a "fancy mistreatment" too. One more "refresh" without a new post and I'd have been at the hardware store tomorrow...

Really, glad to see you're unpacking and can't wait to see the rest! (Although we ALL know it's never really "done" ;) )

-Julie (With the STILL unpainted brick off-centered fireplace...

Stephanie said...

Looks great already! I can't wait to see your decorator touch in this new home! more pics, more pics!

angela | the painted house said...

I love the pic with all the stuff in the front yard--we had a few houses like that in our old neighborhood, if you know what I mean!

Your parlah looks lovely, my dear! Now, stop reading your comments and get back to work...we want to see more rooms! :)

Anonymous said...

Ok, you definately win the fastest to decorate while moving award. Sooo fabulous!! Found your blog through Pink and Pokla Dot, and emailed it to my mom. We check it every day...so much inspiration! Keep the pictures coming:) LOVE it all!!!

-Hayley (who is redecorating the entire house...again.)

Kim said...

I can't believe you got one room completed already!!! I moved in my house 7 months ago and it doesn't look that good!!!!

Anonymous said...

Everything looks so cozy and homey already! I love that about you. Congrats on the move!

Sister Honey Bunch/Judi maloney said...

Welcome home.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your move! I'd love to help you decorate but I don't think you need any of my help. LOL

And you are totally the PW of decor. :P

Anonymous said...

One word "WOW" you are definitely the speediest decorator I've ever seen !!!

The room looks lovely and I see you used a rod !!

Kathy :)

Anonymous said...

LOL...I saw that decorated room and thought of my mom!! Every home we have ever lived in was decorated to perfection within 2-3 days. She worked like crazy to make it home and comfortable...Im very much the same way but not as intense as mom.
I absolutely LOVE your new home!!! I think it just ooooozes charm already and you have barely begun. You truly do inspire and in more ways than decorating!

emily freeman said...

you are officially more moved in than me.

Anonymous said...

Looks FAN-TAB-U-LOUS! You go girl!

Katie said...

Looks great...of course! I love that tall arrangment in the back corner of the room with the feathers and stuff. Is the kitchen the new Nascar room?

Unknown said...

A girls would think you'd lived in that room for years, it looks so polished and comfy and absolutely perfect! Congrats on the move and blessings for the rest of your unpacking/mistreating/organizing/creating/LIVING.
Wendi

Kimba said...

Oh girl, just seeing those pictures gave me heart palpitations. If all goes well, we will be moving in a couple of months. I had forgotten all of the hopeful chaos of moving day.

All your stuff strewn about the yard. Nothing where it belongs. Lampshades in the kitchen. Dining chairs in the driveway.

One question though...Is that a curtain rod I see in your living room?????

Heathahlee said...

You have got to be kidding me! You never cease to amaze me! "We're not werthy!" (bowing low now :))

Christian - Modobject@Home said...

Okay, the iron board set up in your new front yard just made me laugh! Only on moving day!

Becky said...

Oh, WOW! That looks SUPERB! Like a decorator's magazine!

Anonymous said...

Fabulous as always. And maybe you have addressed this before, but HOW did you get those plates on the wall like that? Have fun with the rest!

Anonymous said...

One word for you... Amazing! looks great! Susie H

Anonymous said...

WOW! Girlfriend, all I got to say is you have got skills! Not only is the decorating beautiful but the speed in which you did it is impressive! I can't wait to see the next room! Pixs tomorrow? ;-)

frillsfluffandtrucks said...

Hot diggity! You are speedy! The room (or at least that corner of it) looks fantastic! It must be nice to have a little oasis amidst all the craziness of moving into a new home.

~Sarah

Valarie Lea said...

My head is hurting just thinking about all the stuff your havign to unpack. :[

Anonymous said...

The one room looks fantastic, though! Wishing you much happiness and joy in the new house!

Joy said...

Your room looks amazing! It's interesting how you've showed us the same furniture and accessories in your old home, but it looks like all new items when it's pulled together in your new home.
One question: Are you always this good at setting up house or did it give you extra motivation to know that thousands are depending on you to give us our blog fix?

Pam said...

I wish you were my neighbor so you could help me decorate. I want that arrangement at the end of the couch or a least a close up photo, so I can be a copy cat!

Sally Pepper said...

Gasp! Is that a curtain rod? Love the room!

Anonymous said...

I've enjoyed your blog for months but this post takes the cake! How do you do it? Truly- I am amazed!

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

GORGEOUS! Simply BEAUTIFUL!

I was inspired by you and your blog. remember I was trying to decide on a wall color. I painted the color of your blog. The greenish part. Ok, are you scared of me now.? LOL!
It looks good with the brown leather sofas. I just do not know where to place furniture, rugs and wall stuff-still. So it sits on fireplace hearth and hubby is MAD for having to look at it.
Oh, for the love, why cant you live in Alabama so come and tell me what to do with this stuff. You just have the touch of putting the stuff just so (stuff being accessories and wall stuff).
Ok, I am going to bed. It pains my head to think about it.


YOU AMAZE ME! Gorgeous home! Very COZY!

Elise said...

Fantastic!! Can't wait to see more!!
Elise

Brian and Staci said...

Wow! Your ONE room that is done already looks home-ier (is that a word?) than mine that I've been in for 4 years, Hello! Glad you are officially moved, praying it will continue to go well!

Anonymous said...

Wow! The house is so adorable and your completed room looks amazing! I love your decorating style....and you really do inspire me!

Megan @ Megity's Handmade said...

Um, didn't you just move?? Like this weekend?? And you already have a room done?? WOW! You do quick, great work!

Dawn said...

Yea! Congrats on your successful move!!!

I like that you've gotten your main living area settled already. It will be refreshing to have that completed area to be able to escape from the "undone" rooms. And, a nice welcome everytime you come home to your new home.

Blessing for much happiness in this house!

Dawn

Kitty Scraps said...

Wowser! You are a one woman decorating maniac! Holy Moly! How on earth did you get your room decorated so fast and beautifully? It's gorgeous, absolutely stunning and to think this is what you managed to do in less than 2 days while moving in? I can't wait to see the rest of the house when you're finished, I'm sure it's going to be as knock your socks off gorgeous as this room is! Well done girlfriend! Now put your feet up and rest a spell, you've certainly earned it!

Beth Cotell said...

The room looks gorgeous! Good luck with the other 10!

Monica said...

What a beautiful room, I can't wait to see the rest as you work through. Stop by to see my bathroom mistreatment when you have a minute. I'm pretty excited about my pretty window! Thanks for sharing your wisdom! Love your blog!

Marianne said...

Wow when you say done, you´re not kidding are you. How on earth do you do that, that in the middle of moving and unpacking you have already fully decorated a whole room. I am impressed. But hè what's new. I am always impressed when I look at pictures of your home.
Thanks for sharing.
Greetings from your Dutch fan

Anonymous said...

A blank canvas...BLISS!

Anonymous said...

You are an inspiration!! Want to help me move in three weeks?!!!
Oh I am so ready to move, but your pictures just make me so tired already.

Robin/Southern Bella

Kimberly said...

Had to laugh when I saw the furniture all over the lawn! LOL

I hope you have room for it all.

Anonymous said...

I am impressed. Looks fabulous....

Robyn Beele said...

I LOVE that room! You did such a good job!

elaines630 said...

Wow! I am no longer intimidated by my upcoming move - it looks like you have a whole lot more to move than I do!

The room looks great!!!

Marie said...

Well, the first room looks DIVINE. :o)

I hate to move and all I have to do is unpack. We always have packers and drivers and people to do the hard work... but it still stresses me out.

Christi said...

I'm glad everything went well, but just have to say - I love how you already have mis-treatments in place with boxes still unpacked!

Tiffany said...

I'm so glad you survived the move! Your living room already looks so adorable! I think the new place is even cozier than the last.

Karrie said...

WOW!!!! That room looks like the evolution of years of hard work and trial and error... and there you go just popping it out like that. It looks GREAT!!!
Congrats on the moving being done and have fun finding a new home for all your goodies.
I can't wait to see more!!!

Karrie in IN

ps. You are one of those people that never sleeps, aren't you? How else would you get SOOOO much done?!?!?!?! Come on, throw us a bone, eh?

martha said...

We come to you with high expectations, and YOU DO NOT disappoint! I'm studying this great picture, learning from the master. Such a frugal pleasure.
Many thanks!

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

It is looking good!

10 rooms more! Wow! Have a fun time and show us lots of pictures!

Amy H said...

Nester! I can't wait to see the other rooms! This room looks great! DId you justmove so you can re docorate?? That is my fav part of moving! It makes me sad, to know I am never moving again.

tracyvanhorne said...

Beautiful!!

Julia @ Hooked on Houses said...

You're amazing. I can't believe you got even one room put together already! And it looks great, too. What's your secret? I still have artwork I need to hang here and I've been in my house for...how many years now?? -Julia :-)

Anonymous said...

What a great nest!!! I love it!

Jennie said...

I know how you feel... your one room looks great, just remember that it takes time, patience, and some tylenol!!!

Biteofpunkinpie said...

It looks great! Congrats!

pinkmommy said...

It looks fabulous!

The Birds Nest said...

Look at you getting organized and decorated so quickly!! When you move a bunch of times, you start to get good at it:)

Karen said...

I am also amazed at how you have put the room completely together -- of course, you have quite a collection at your fingertips.

I love the feathers in the vase. Your new home looks great!

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Well, that first room sure looks great! You'll have that place whipped into shape in no time.

Rhoda

Kathi Roach said...

Beautiful! Your one room looks so comfy and pretty all at once! I love the plates under your picture. Can't wait to see the rest of the house!

Amy said...

Holy cow! That first room look so beautiful. You are already putting me to shame. Good luck with your unpacking!

Tina said...

Love the new house! Looks like you are busy as a bee getting it to feel like home. Here's to a bubble bath and a glass of wine for you!

Aubrey said...

You're smart to focus on something and do the front room first so that when new neighbors unexpectedly visit there's no shame in boxes piled everywhere and 15 loads of laundry on the couch right by the front door. Oh wait, that was me. In my defense, I had a two-year-old and two-month-old. Yes, I pick bad times to move.
That room looks so good--I still can't figure out how you hang plates on the wall, even though I think you've written about it twice. Maybe when I figure it out, I can hang my cool pie dishes on the wall...I'll believe it when I do it.

Anonymous said...

Wow that looks fantastic! Can't wait to see what you do with the rest of the house.

Blanca

Diane said...

Your first room done looks so pretty. Bet it feels great to have one place to retreat to. :)

Anonymous said...

Love the feathers in the urn-how do you keep your sons from pulling them out and chasing around playing Indians? You clearly have parenting skills I lack LOL. I did a post over on my blog today about how you've inspired me! If you get a breather between boxes check it out at www.sparrowjourney.blogspot.com

Kimba said...

Nester, I just blathered on and on about you in my post today. Hope you don't mind. :-)

Meghan said...

WoWzers!
You are the quickest mover ever!!!

Mrs. B said...

Hi Nestah! That one room looks so beautiful, you could just spend all your time there and then you wouldn't have to worry about the rest of them. Really gorgeous!

ocean mommy said...

Your room looks stunning! Love the arrangement on that corner table!!

Hang in there!

stephanie

Tami said...

I love the archway that leads to the kitchen....I can't wait to see the pics when you finish decorating!

Anonymous said...

wow it looks great.. do you remember where you got the large print over the table? I love it!

Shannon said...

This all looks great! Hilarious that your window treatments are already up even in your kitchen. I can't wait to see the rest of the rooms!

Anonymous said...

Wow, you work fast. looks great. So cozy!!!
Janie

Blogger said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Blogger said...

Amazing!

As usual, I have questions! Where did you get those gorgeous feathers and how to you hang plates on a wall?

Love those RED candlesticks, too...now I will be on the hunt for some, too, I just know it! lol

I have you as one of my favorite sites on my "About Me" at my ebay site :)

Take care,
Bella
a new fan

Melissa Lester said...

Wow, you work fast! The new place looks beautiful. Can't wait to see what else you do with your blank canvas!

Kristen said...

Wow - we moved in 4 years ago and my front room still isn't done. Thanks for giving me a kick in the pants! Looks fantastic!

Anonymous said...

Cute house, great room! You have definitely got this moving thing down! But just one question...WHY do you move so often? I am fairly new to your blog but love all the great ideas. Maybe I missed the witness protection declaration? Or maybe you are a model home "tester"? I hope you know I am grinning! Best wishes with the unpacking and mistreat away, we love it! Bumblebee

Darla said...

I can feel your aching joints from here.

GREAT job getting one room done!

P.S. I love the finished hutch picture that you have on the post after this one. Very cool

Lisa said...

The house is adorable and the first completed room looks great! Another step toward being debt free!!! You go girl!

Anonymous said...

You are absolutely, positively, entirely amazing. My house doesn't look that good...SIX YEARS later! I'm still in the process of "moving in." Of course, I've had three children in that time span. Lol.

Anonymous said...

Hey...Girly...Your doing good! Im loving the corner display! Im so happy to see you made it "home" in one piece...Moving...It's hard work....Love, Meme

Blogger said...

Hi, can you tell me what kind of feathers are in that vase? How tall are they about? Wow, I just love this room, I think this is my 2nd comment, I keep coming back! lol

Liz Harrell said...

Your new homes looks just lovely! Cant wait to see what you do with it.

Jaime said...

I just ran across your blog for the first time tonight. We've moved 7 times in 10 years... I think you have me beat! I have found myself in a decorating rut lately. You have a beautiful home...very inspiring! I'll visit often to see what you're up to! Keep nesting!

The Garners said...

The room looks amazing!!! Can't wait to see the other 10 (we've been in this house a year yesterday...unfortunately there are still things to put away, and don't get me started on our garage!)

Anonymous said...

Please do a close up picture of the urn and a full detailed post. I am dying to copy it. Where did you get your couch. LOVE IT!

Many Blessings :)
Ace

Stacey said...

I LOVE your decorating style - will you come help me with my house please!?!! :) Beautiful!!!