I'm gonna preach today. Hate me.
Is your house for sale?
Have you ever sold a house?
Have you ever bought a house?
Will your house be for sale one day?
There is a house in my neighborhood that is for sale. Oh how I wish I could say, “There is an adorable house in my neighborhood that is for sale”. My guess is that the owners would like to have it sold. The house looks average and if you want your house to sell for an average price to an average buyer in an average time frame then go for the average look.
It doesn’t cost much to be the belle of the ball. When a potential buyer drives by your home you are telling them “This is as good as it’s gonna get”. Most buyers don’t have much vision. And they don’t need to--there will always be someone who makes it their goal to have the most captivating house in their price range. That house always sells fast. Why can’t that be your house?
It can.
I would dare say that the drive by is the most important part of selling the house. Thanks to the internet, potential buyers already know the size and the vitals like bedrooms and baths. The drive by is about connection. Make that woman’s heart skip a beat when she drives by. I know the realtor tells you to keep the grass cut and watered and plant some flowers. But I urge you to go the extra mile. Plant twice as many flowers and then, add more all in the same color for impact. Paint your door a fresh eye catching color and make you a pretty over the top wreath to hang on it. If your porch furniture is not pretty, remove it. I think it’s not about knowing exactly what to do or following a checklist. Most sellers know what could be done outside their home to make it pop. Do THAT.
Could a $1000 makeover make your house worth thousands more and sell three times faster? Is it possible to stage the outside of your home?
If your house is for sale it stops being your home and starts being merchandise in a dog eat dog world. Dogs can be mean. Its up to you to make it appealing to potential buyers and if they are not emotionally attached to the outside, you won’t even get a chance to show them the inside.
Remember how you gave nicknames to all the houses that you looked at when you were house shopping? That's the one with the steep driveway, the one with the red door? Don’t you want to be "That adorable house that we cannot wait to see the inside of"?
Maybe you won’t be selling for a while. Great, do a few things a month and then you can enjoy living in that adorable house. I’ll tell you a secret, my front porch looks better than the neighboring house that’s for sale and I guarantee, I spent less, enjoy it more and get more people wondering what the inside looks like.
START NOW!
As Pioneer Woman would say, "Amen".
The Drive By
Scrawled out by
The Nester
on
7/23/2008
Labels: house for sale
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
94 comments:
I agree!! (and, your front porch looks better than mine, too!)
~ Sarah
Love it. I soo needed this advice. I think about it often. Right now we're a bit stuck in this house... and I keep thinking I need to start getting it ready for when we can sell. (If we were to sell right now we'd have to pay about $15K just to get out, due to house values dropping.) So I'm thinking I need to start "staging" now. All the things you've mentioned are things I've thought of doing... flowers, sassy front door, MORE FLOWERS! Ha. :)
As much as I get disgusted with my house, I've had so many compliments on what I've done to the front, that I bet it would sell quick.
I just hope that people aren't disappointed when they see that the inside falls far short of the curb appeal, and the backyard is a disaster in comparison. How well do 8-ft. weeds sell? I'm NOT exaggerating. For real. Well, maybe a tiny bit, they'll reach 8 feet in a few days.
I dare you to take a picture of the house with your home in it, to show how average it looks.
The for sale sign is in the yard. The door is painted a great reddish brown against a pretty green with white trim. The lawn is green, sculpted, weeded, with flowers in front, flowers on the porch, a cute little shabby red bench on the porch with a pot of flowers on it. There is even a cute welcome sign. Our open house this weekend produced 3 people but with a multitude driving slowly by but not stopping. What gives?
Add a second Amen and a Hallelujah!!! You couldn't be more correct!!
Did my Mom call you?
Did she tell you to post this?
I hate to admit the following: my house has been on the market since Feb and my grass is dead, there are empty flower beds and a pot of dead plants on my front porch.
I needed this...
I was lucky enough to have vision, so I bought the ugly house and worked my patootie off to make it the prettiest one (I think) on our street. I think you have given GREAT advice though!---I would only add: those pink flamingoes and whirlygigs and wooden cut-outs of ladies bending over are ONLY CUTE TO YOU :)!
You know, people make money off of staging other people's homes. I don't do too badly with it myself....I'm just sayin' that if you ever get tired of making tassles.... :)
I SO agree!!!
Small things do make a difference.
Believe it or not, the lady that sold us the house, didn't even bother to clean up her bloody mess inside the house, and didn't even clean.
We had the house estimated few weeks ago. We took care of the yard, did some work inside but nothing is completed, we spent three months cleaning inside, and the house could be sold TODAY, in a declining market for a lot more than what we paid for it!
We're not selling, but that sure was encouraging.
I agree with you on the front porch thing, but cleaning inside and putting mess away (not even decluttering, i'm talking about not having dirt and stuff everywhere), sounds like a minimum to me!
Hugs from France
We just put money down on a new build today and have a meeting with the realtor at noon tomorrow to talk about listing. I just spent 5 weeks getting the inside ready but I've spent minimal time on the front. Duly noted. Guess what I'll be doing from 8-11:45 tomorrow morning?
Thanks for the inspiration - time to get in gear!
I totally agree! There are so many homes in my area that have been foreclosures or the families have had to abandon and the curb appeal isn't just sad, it's scary! The few that are occupied homes are really making a big effort w/ curb appeal. It's a buyer's market here right now, sellers need to step it up.
I live in the house that I dubbed "The Ugly House" when we pulled up in front of it with the realtor. Thankfully the inside is redeeming and we've worked on the curb appeal. But I'll never forget that I called it "the ugly house". LOL
Oh Nester, Real Estate is one of my passions...so I am loving your preaching today...no hating going on here :)
Curb Appeal Matters!!!
From the Amen Corner :)
Bella
Oh, we have no front yard appeal...but good thing we are nestled among 12 acres that cocoon our house so that for the 'most part', God's creation covers it. I have vision...it's just hidden under the front porch plan an architect drew up 5 years ago and then we had to use the cash from our "porch" fund. Ugh...Dave Ramsey.:)
And how long does the mailman take with a camera cord, anyhow....Good Will find...we're waiting patiently.xoxoxo
SO TRUE!!! People still do not realize that 'first impressions' make the biggest impact. Then the buyer may overlook small 'issues' they may have otherwise.
Lisa Q
lifewiththequeens.blogspot.com
Jen--yes, that cord is taking forever!! Monday I was sitting in a hidden spot on the porch, the mailwoman drove up, her cell phone rang and a minute later she drove away. Not only did I not have mail, she didn't even pick up the letter I had in there to mail or put the flag down!!! RRRRRRR.
Jen P, yes, yes, yes, I am actually a home stager and redesigner--have I never told y'all that? Hate me. I had been doing all that stuff anyhow so for confidence sake, a few years ago I went and took a course and got certified so I would feel all real and fancy like.
This is such good advice! We sold our last home and before anyone came through we had already packed out most items that would otherwise get in the way and stored them against the walls of our garage. Our realtor's comment to us was that she didn't have to do anything, but sell a pretty house! :O) We doubled what we paid for the house 5 years prior. It was such a blessing!!!
~Tricia Anne
Oh, and JP,
I mean to say yes, Yes, YES!!! you are sooo right that people make a living out of helping others stage their home. It is such a great service and really does make a difference--I know you can probably do it with your eyes closed!~ I was wishing you were here yesterday when i decided to redo my hutch.
Heart you!
Preach it sister!
You are soooo right. Sometimes the little things would hardly cost anything.....but would have a huge impact.
I hope you get your camera cord back soon! :)
I couldn't agree more! I have absolutely no plans to ever sell my home, I'm on the last five years of being paid off to even consider it but I want my home to look appropriate for it's style and better than the neighbors, ok, let me change that, a LOT better than the neighbors since I might as well improve the neighborhood! LOL I've been using your porch as my inspiration when I'm out shopping and thrifting, looking for wicker to paint black and various odd bits of furniture to make the porch an outdoor room we actually use. So far I've only found a wicker plant stand for $2 which I'm painting black :) I moved a bakers' rack out there, not sure what to put on it though? Any suggestions? Haven't found any great panels yet for porch curtains but I'm still looking, might make them if I find some cheap fabric. It's no wonder your home is the Belle of the Neighborhood! Look at the bird feathering the nest! Heart you girlfriend!
I guess it's a good thing I'm not selling my home because we are having a very hot summer and the last place I want to be is outside. I do think you're right about staging the outside. Staging is done often where I live esp. the more expensive homes. It's become quite a booming little sideline for decorators.
I am an official nester!!! Look at what my neighbor found for me!! Thank you for always providing us with the most amazing ideas to make our house more of a home and still stay in the Dave Ramsey mode. Your awesome!!
Andrea
Okay, Now I'm dying to see your neighbors house that is lacking curb appeal. Maybe you could do a "before and after" on making suggestions that you could do to improve it. It could be sort of a tutorial for the rest of us. I know the pictures of your porch fixed up v/s when you first showed the picture of your house before you moved in is proof of your great talent!
Kelly
Oh how I wish I could forward your link to my neighbor (who I don't know) but who could so benefit by your words of wisdom. It may be cultural differences, but she seems to think that planting every plant and shrub and flower known to man makes her house look nice. And she does this in the back and the front yards, without realizing what it will look like when it grows out. She also doesn't realize that she has already hurt one person's home sale simply because her house is rather "interesting". In her case, "more" has created a major eyesore.
We are trying to do this. There are some "have to" projects and some "grown up house" projects. First, I'm getting the clutter under control. It's quite motivating!
Katy
http://mynutvillage.com/
An AMEN! from me too! I've always heard that you can look at it this way... you can pay another month on your mortgage, or you can spend the same amount in a little bit of maintenance and a little bit of pop and not have to live there any more, not have to wonder 'when will it sell?'
In the time we're in right now, I get the distinct impression that most Americans can't afford to have to make two mortgage payments every month (if you can, would you like to help with mine?) so do the work and make it pretty!
Oh, btw Nester... you know we're all dying to see a picture of the 'average house'.
Well, said. I would even add that go ahead and do the things now to make it look better so that you can enjoy them. My honey use to build and we would move into a house to see it because a lot of times a house will sell better with life in it. I hope we are planted for a very long time, so now I do the fixes so that I can enjoy them.
Blessings~~
This is great advice - I completely agree!
AMEN to that! Preach it sistah.
Thanks for this! Just in time as we are getting our house ready to sell! You always have such great advice/ideas! Thank you!
Hugs to you!
Karise
PS As a stager, do you think it is better to have window treatments on the windows of the house you are trying to sell or take them down and leave the nice- looking- but- not- spectacular (sp?) white wood blinds to do the work?
I couldn't agree more. In fact sometimes when I'm driving around my neighborhood I have visions of myself sneaking over to a neighbors house at night and doing a mini exterior makeover while they sleep. Don't worry...I'd never do it...but it is very tempting.
Yep! Good advice! The basics of keeping the lawn mowed and the beds weed-free just aren't enough. Especially in a tough real estate market.
Little things like sprucing up the front of your house can capture a buyer's imagination and heart. The need to be able to picture themselves living in your house. If all they're imagining is all the things they need to do differently, not many buyers will make the leap.
I agree that it makes a difference in todays market...but I need to get some vision. where and how do I get vision? Can you do a post where everyone posts a room or thing thery need help with and all your readers can give suggestions? Kinda like it does not have to be perfect to be beautiful??
how about a "Calling All Birds, Need help in my Nest?"
I am personally scared of doing things...Like I bought the black paint for the front door of my house but I am afraid of painting it myself....I need a push out of my nest to fly.
I totally agree with you also. May I ask were you went to take a course on staging/decorating? It sounds interesting!!
blessings,
Jackie
You must post a picture!!!!
I couldn't agree more!
OH YEAH! I still remember "steep driveway house" and "the one with the bar in the basement" Mind you it was a 15 seat bar with TWO reach in coolers! It was honestly bigger than our favorite neighborhood bar's bar. Drink much?
Great post, I'll be selling City House soon (God willing) and these are all great things to remember!
I'm giggling over the "names" we gave each house we looked at while house hunting. Unfortunately there were a few "reeks of cigarette smoke" and "sticky floors" and "do they own a dustcloth?" homes.
Maybe you can offer your services to your neighbors? Unless you really like them and don't want them to move any time soon. :o)
Nester, did you by chance take the Barb Schwartz course? I took one in Chicago about 2 years ago. It was amazing! We got to stage a HUGE craftsman style home in Oak Park for our final project. I learned so much! She is wacky, but in a brilliant way. I loved the course.
And OMG are you right about the curb appeal! As a (former) realtor nothing made me sadder than to see a cute house that looked awful from the outside. I made sure all of my listings knew to make it pop from the outside as well as the inside. My listings generally sold quickly and I like to think that aside from my brilliant self ;) it was my staging tips that made them move quickly.
Ohhhh...I have preached on this before and given advice on my blog as well. We aren't selling tomorrow nor are we selling in the next 3 months but I do little things every month so that our house will bring in top dollar!
And I love watching the shows that are about redoing, staging and such to a home for sale!
AMEN Sista! I never even wanted to see the inside of the house we are in now because of the way the outside looked. But after sitting outside in the car waiting on my husband to finish talking to the realtor I started imagining what the house would look like without the shrubs, with a swing in the large tree in front, with a couple of rockers on the porch and a different flowerbed and coat of paint...you get my drift? BUT, most people can't imagine those things. Luck would have it that the buyer with an imagination gets a good deal, but the seller could as you said get a much better asking price if they would put just a little effort in the curb appeal. I agree with you completely....nice stand on that soapbox! You go girl!
annon
If your window treatments look good and are on trend and hung correctly--high enough and hit the ground and highlight the window--leave them.
if they are 5 inches from the floor, old or cover half the window's glass space--take them down or mistreat them.
Just my 2 cents.
I took the One Day Decorating/Home staging Course with JoAnne Lenart-Weary {i thinkk that's her name!!} it was big fun!
My husband is daydreaming about starting a business called "Mr. Curb Appeal" (my title!) when he retires from the Army. We'd do exactly what you suggest - mow and FERTILIZE the lawn, trim the overgrown shrubs and trees (and get rid of the dead ones), plant some colorful flowers, maybe even repair the loose/broken boards on the fence and give it a coat of stain! And subcontract exterior painting - we don't paint, but we do a heck of a job choosing colors. We did ALL of these things to the home we purchased last summer (as well as to the previous home that sold in 13 days), and we get a ton of positive feedback from our neighbors. I think many people don't step back and look at the front of their homes - they just pull into the garage, close the door behind them, and stay comfortably ensconced in the air conditioning.
I love your new home - it looks so cozy and it has some great architectural details. Thanks for sharing it with us!
Susan in San Antonio
Hi Nestor,
I tried emailing, but I guess I'm not savy enough for that! I posted some okay pics of our home the other day. I would appreciate your thoughts. It's been up since the end of Feb. Florida's market stinks! We are using a Dave R. ELP. She says she's had nothing but wonderful feed back and that it shows fabulously. We really want to sell...although not give it away.We've had tons of hits on the online tour. Everyone says it's wonderful but they're not ready to buy. If you have time, could you give me some honest, kind thoughts?
Julie-momof4sweetsisters
PREACH it, girl! My hubby thought I was nuts when we were praparing our wee litle nest for sale and I insisted we add window boxes and chock them FULL of flowers and vines. Then I painted our door a deep burgundy/red. That little nest (864 sf) sold in 16 days....SIXTEEN, people, by owner, in THIS market! AND, we got asking price.
Total cost for a little TLC? $14. We had spare lumber in the garage, and the paint was my next door neighbors..a "mistake" and they weren't going to use it. The $14? Flowers.
The buyers? An older couple driving by and she said it reminded her of the "little cottage" she lived in as a child. :)
Preach it sis'ta!
I agree the other thing is too many people WAIT to do all those little things they lived with for some reason for years and years and do it for someone else! Do it for yourself pretend you house IS on the market even if you never plan to leave it! You owe it to yourself! Amen...
Hubby & I did all those things & repainted the important rooms inside. We spent $2,000 & sold it in 3 weeks for $20,000 more than all the other houses were getting. Of course that was 7 years ago but it worked!!
Makes me remember the "institutional house" when we were looking, 6 beds 2 bath but the carpet and all the walls were the same beige!
lele www.xanga.com/manse_life
I just wanted you to know that I am preparing to finish painting my fireplace right now. I had asked you about it a while back. DH finally relented and gave the okay..saying we'd just remove it if he didn't like it. WELL, we do like it a whole bunch. Thank you for the confidence to plunge ahead and bring this home a face lift.
Hooray for you and your brilliant mind. Love your blog, and look forward to it.
Jen
There is NO picture in this post! You broke a Nester-commandment! ;) It was a good post anyways, thanks for the reminder. I wanna be that cute house now!
-Julie
fabulous advice! thanks a bunch!
preach it, sista' nesta'.
I say "AMEN", too!
Great post!
AND how many people would simply feel better about their own house if they spruced it up and it made their heart skip a beat - just for themselves!
Dear Nester,
You should print a flier offering staging advice and put it on the neighbors door. I've helped stage a few houses in the past. You could make some money at it. They would love you for it. Especially when they sell their house. The realtor might want to hire you as well.
Brandee :-)
http://veryberrynice.blogspot.com/
When you preach I listen! And as it so happens, we are currently preparing our house for sale. I know what needs to be done outside...now I just have to convince the hubby that it's worth the money!
You are so right about the nicknames for potential houses! My hubby and I just bought a home last fall and for every house we were somewhat interested in, we had a nickname for it. We rarely used the address or street name. :)
Oh, if you could only see our lack of curb appeal right now! I'm ashamed. We have been so busy settling in to the inside of the house and working on projects and putting in our garden that we have yet to touch the front. I have a mail order plant magazine on the coffee table that I need to spend some time with to make a plan for our built-in front planner. And I'm still trying to convince my hubby that tackling the ugly granny aluminum screen door that is attached underneath our siding will be totally worth all the work of taking down and make our house look so much cuter! And getting the wayward grass out of the seems in our driveway would probably help too. ;) I can only hope that sooner than later we can move onto the exterior and the front of our house will have just a fraction of the cuteness of yours!
Nest~
My yard is shambley right as we speak I got family coming over on Sunday (my daughter's 6th b-day)my weeping willow tree is just crazy out of control, my weeds are crazy. I can list all the things that I need to do to the outside but I don't want people feeling sorry for me, only kiddin:)
Your house is the stand out I am looking at you kid..house. It has character,class and I just love it we all love it:)
Now to stage my house outside hmmmmm....I have no idea how to do that without thinking real hard for awhile.
I maybe should take some current pics. I do have that one on my blog but that's way old.
Renee
So true! We had done everything the realtor said about curb appeal. However, the night we were having a romantic dinner on the screened in porch is the night the person who bought our house drove by. She said that seeing us enjoying each other's company and having a nice dinner together outside was what made her want the house. Of course we left her the large potted plants, straw rugs, and lovely ceiling fan to fully enjoy "our" porch.
I agree! Now, how about some updated photos of that porch...I need some inspiration for a VERY small budget! :)
I am a professional home stager and decorator and could not agree with you more. Love your blog and have been lurking for sometime since my daughter recommended it!
Nester, my friend! You should totally do one of those Mr. Linky things and have people post pictures of their front porches. K?
Preach it! People more than ever have to do whatever it takes to be competitive in this market.
In the two houses we have sold, I was a whirlwind of activity before showings...lights, fresh flowers, music. You have to play the game!
Still don't have the cord for your camera, huh?
:-)
I totally agree about the Mr. Linky idea! I need you all to tell what more I can do and what I'm doing wrong in a kind but brutally honest way!
You are so right and I'm all about staging a house. Our house is for sale right now & hopefully looks cute. I watch HGTV (hehe) so we have tried to do all of the right things. Just a tough time for the market now.
I agree completely!
that is why we had 2 contracts on our house within the first 24 hours we put it on the market!!! I bought the house 5 1/2 years prior for a third of what I sold it for . . . just by doing small things like that!
By the way, look at my blog today - I'm expecting a comment!
Yes, I thought all that stuff when we sold our house. Make it look good, people.
Also, I just posted about my living room makeover. Come check it out!
A VERY GOOD kick in the butt! Thanks.
and your porch is ADORABLE! It gave me inspiration to put curtains on our little square balcony on our little first apt. that we will live in as a married couple and I will move into in just nine days. I have shower canvas shower curtains from Target sitting in my closet just waiting to go up. My fiance thinks it's a great idea and will just make our little apt. that much more homey when we drive up to it. Thanks! Kelly
Couldn't agree more! There is so much that can be said by curb appeal!! Maybe you need to go offer your services!!
P.S. Found your blog via Todays Creative Blog....great blog...love it!
I'm looking for advice on how to handle dressing up a sliding glass door. I have vertical blinds that I'm not crazy about. I took the valance off - better to have none than a terrible one I thought.
Help! I can send a picture if you'd like!
LOOOOOOOOOOVE YOU!!! I just linked to this on my blog. Now, will my sellers listen?!?!?!?!?!
So true. My inlaws have the adorable house that everyone drove by. And it sold the same day they listed it!
Thank you so much! Yup, yup,yup. We're doing all that. Said to be priced right, but the houses that are moving are in the hundred to two hundred range. I have to say I'm a bit tired of the staged life! Anyone need a house 7 minutes from the best beaches in the world?
I made apple simmerings last fall and put it on to boil for a couple of hours before our guest arrive. No pets, only 3 items on the kitchen counters. Home is 5 years old. Seriously any takers???
Thanks again for your help! Really enjoy your site since we gave up DISH.
Thanks for the great ideas! I just started reading your blog. I can't believe I had been missing out for so long.
Any tips on condo porches you can't see from the street?
Oh, Nester. Please be careful. My house has been on the market for a year. And we have done everything we can to make it as appealing as possible, short of going into debt. It doesn't make much difference how beautiful my house is, if we can't get people to come see it. Buyers are "buying" into all the media hype about a recession, and they don't want to move to a small town because of gas prices. I've held down the fort for a year while my husband works in another state. Please be careful not to lay a guilt trip on those of us who are struggling through this difficult time. Staging is not the answer to everything.
Can I throw in another AMEN!~ You inspire me. Thanks for that! I made some mistreatments today, I have some work to do on them still but thank you for the wonderful ideas and inspiration!
www.aprildawns.blogspot.com
Talk to you soon!
OK, I totally fainted when you commented on my blog. And *swoon* YES I went by another name before. But then I read that I should do the MyName@thing, so I changed it. I'll change it back. I swear. Whatever it takes! (I've actually though about changing back, cuz now whenever I see one of those handsome birds, I think of myself...er, yeah, that sounded good in my head.)
*grin*
Just sayin' - thanks for commenting! It's been an emotional documentation.
And I commented on your sis's blog that you remind me of Lisa LaPorta from Designed to Sell. And this post rings true on that thought once again!
Love it. A Big "Here Here."
And Amen.
~The Roost'er
we sold our house for full price in 21 days! (in the not-so-great, "buyers market" woot! woot!
we also worked on every detail of it for four months before placing it on the market. well worth it--we're coming out with some mad cash as well! we're relocating, so i spend at least 1 hour a day looking at tours online. you wouldn't believe the junk people leave around their house while it is on the market. total turn-off!!
I agree!! I am in the process of putting my house on the market. I am making pillows for my bench in blk & white damask, w/red flowers on each end in big urns, like the one you have use so many times. Love your site, and ck everyday for more inspiration. Thanks, hoping mine sells quick!! I'll try to post pictures.
I agree!! I am in the process of putting my house on the market. I am making pillows for my bench in blk & white damask, w/red flowers on each end in big urns, like the one you have use so many times. Love your site, and ck everyday for more inspiration. Thanks, hoping mine sells quick!! I'll try to post pictures.
Thank you for this great advice - we are not going to put our home on the market any time soon, but I really need to spruce up the curb appeal big time - if only just for our own enjoyment!
What a simple, straight forward idea. Amazing. You rock, girlfriend. Great advice!
My parents both passed away last year. My husband and I spent 9 months getting their house ready to sell - updating, removing paneling, etc. We had an offer 10 days after it went on the market. And yep, I planted flowers there before I had any at my house! The woman said the huge tree in the front yard is what sold it for her. You never know what will catch the eye of the potential buyer!
I'll say AMEN right along with you. Make me want to walk inside!! I plant double the flowers every spring just for ME. I deserve to drive up and want to go inside my house too!
And don't forget to wash your doorbell button! Seriously, who wants to touch one that is black and grimy?
Can I post a link to photos of my curb appeal makeover?
http://tamlynnj.blogspot.com/2008/07/it-is-that-time-of-year-again.html
You are saying "yes" right?
My sentiments exactly, AMEN SISTER!
Back when we bought our house, it was the one with the blue geese in the kitchen..that I promptly ripped down the day we moved in. I totally agree it helps move the house in the market, I am lucky enough to see beyond the blue geese and pink hearts to the real house underneath. Hubby, not so much....WHY ARE YOU TAKING DOWN THOSE PERFECTLY GOOD DUCKS?
LOL...love your blog!!
I couldn't agree more. :o) Our house is for sale currently. However, there are several people we know with homes for sale who simply cannot afford any updates or renovations. They've painted and hung pretty stuff out front but they just can't sell. I feel blessed to be able to make changes and renovs in order to attract buyers, but just not everyone has that ability. I love your ideas because they're inexpensive and so classically beautiful. I pray for anyone who is in the situation where they're unable to afford lunch for their child or insurance for their baby yet alone furnishings and cool stuff for their home.
Oh, we might be selling in a year or so...this was just the thing I needed! Sometimes I just get so tired of buying/moving in/painting/fixing only to sell in a few years and do it all over again - this was just the kick in the pants that I needed! Thanks!
We just bought our first home! I'm soo excited. But... it took me a little bit to warm up because it was decorated in an unfortunate manner. =) This is the very first time in 7 1/2 years of marriage that I've been able to pick paint colors and a carpet. I'm going to be a wreck. If you'd be willing to help with this process, I'd love it. I have your style, I think, and some lovely inherited antiques. Go to my blog to check it out, and if you want pictures of the inside, let me know. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Your NC neighbor,
Ellen
Post a Comment