Premade Drapes


If I didn't have mistreatments just about everywhere, I'd probably buy some of these lined velvet drapes. Love them. I want to take a bath in this luxurious fabric. And they start at just $89 per panel!


These are all from Half Priced Drapes.


I haven't ever ordered from them but, they also sell on ebay and they have a very good rating.

Bold regal stripes.


Fun embroidered dots.


And these linen beauties! Be sure to search under their budget section as well! Do you have a favorite place for premade drapes?

54 comments:

Anonymous said...

Uusally I make my window treatments
but sometimes you can find them
cheaper premade. We have a store
here in Birmingham called United
Textiles that we buy premade drapes
from and they have great prices
like $10 to $30 a panel. So anyone
in Alabama area it's worth checking
out.

Jen - Balancing Beauty and Bedlam said...

Remember, before you, I never saw the need for drapes.:) I am slowly being called...pretty soon, I am sure all 20 of my windows will be lined with these luxurious fabric.xoxo

Trixi said...

Nester I have so many windows that need help and a very low budget. Thanks for sharing these links. I will go check them out.
Blessings~~

Sarah Taylor said...

They are beautiful...out of my budget...but entirely beautiful! I love the chocolate colored ones with the embroidered dots! Hope you're having a great day!
Sarah

Anonymous said...

They have dreamy drapes!! I could also take a bath in those velvet curtains..YUM. I also love the brown with the circular shapes. All my rooms have several windows so I would be spending LOTS of money to dress each window in curtains like that HOWEVER I do think your main rooms like livingroom, diningroom and maybe even master need dreamy drapes. Im not one to put expensive drapes in the kids room, guest room, kitchen or office. I think drapes like those are a great investment and INSTANTLY make you just feel warm and fuzzy when you enter a home. LOVE YOUR BLOG!!!

Christy said...

I love the velvet drapes. Window treatments are very intimidating to me to be honest. Because of that I usually up "making do" with something from Target (they do have some pretty drapes). I must say though I am getting very inspired to try your method of window treatments. We recently moved into a new home and I have some windows that need some curtains.

Renee said...

I love the chocolate velvet drape. Something about velvet and then the chocolate creamy brown color is just beautiful and warm to me like a real chocolate molten cake.

I have seen chocolate brown paired with pink which is very sweet and classic looking. And I don't seem to see it at anyone's house around my parts here. But would love to use those colors.

With the tip you gave about buying the rug first no wonder why all this time I have such a hard time with things. I know you named some inexpensive places for rugs. We need area rugs but first our light cream berber carpets need a power washer blast with soap first. They are so sick looking.And your carpets are so clean with your kids.

I could envy you all day if I let myself but I will move on and be a happy gal.

P.S.- Those shutters are plastic not wood so I don't think they can be painted they might peel and cause me a heart palpatation. Things are just not made like they use to be anymore.

Renee

Sarah said...

I feel like my mother when I say that Penney's has some nice drapes. I can remember walking around with her in the midst of the tall displays. They do have a good selection of drapes and curtains and great prices too, especially when you hit a sale time. If it was in the budget though, I'd go with the chocolate velvet!

Caren said...

Thanks Nester! I'll be sure to check them out. I have lots of windows in this new house and we are really in need of drapes. A little at a time...a little at a time...

Anonymous said...

Oh, I love those in the first picture! Reminds me of ecadent chocolate!

Anonymous said...

LOL! That should have said DECADENT chocolate! :)

Anonymous said...

When you make mistreatments about how much do you spend per treatment? I'm on a tight budget and need window treatments in the worst possible way.

Take care
Michelle

The Nester said...

Michelle--you just have to look for fabric in your price range. When I was doing redesign and had the extra cash, i spent $75 on silk fabric for one panel. now I know that I can find premade panels--taffeta for that price.

i like to get my fabric for $5 a yard and there is one place here in NC where i can get that at 25% off twice a year. That's my budget and I try to get 3 yards per panel so that's $15/panel!

Blogger said...

I don't think I have a favorite place, but what was a surprise to me is that you can buy drapes and rods just about anywhere nowadays:

Big Lots, Lowe's, The Home Depot, JoAnn Fabrics, just to name a few.

Before I discovered this, I was buying them at JCP, which, cost us an arm and a leg...

If you are not impulsive (like me)...I would suggest shopping EVERYWHERE around town and online and then making your purchase. If you are not in a hurry and you can buy them online, you can probably get an online coupon by doing a search for (example): JCP online coupon code. You can also join ebates.com or upromise.com and if you go to your retailer's site via one of those, you get a percentage back, usually around 3% or so...not much, but it is free money.

Also, for JCP and Bed, Bath & Beyond, make sure to keep your mailer coupons from them if you shop at the brick and mortar stores. Also, BB&B takes multiple coupons in one transaction and they also take their own expired coupons...so save them, I know they are HUGE, but save them anyhow ;)

Well, those are my tips...hope it helps someone out there :)

Beautiful drapes you posted there, Nester, wow :)

Bella

Moi said...

The chocolate brown ones are gorgeous! I love how they are laying so luxoriously on the floor as well. Thanks for the link!
I am working on my first set of mistreatments! I am new to your blog and you have completely inspired me! I almost had a freak out at the fabric store until I found a fabulous fabric for my panels. I am attempting to finish them tonight so I will definitely share when I get done! Thanks again for sharing your ideas! I am getting completely addicted to this blog!!!!!!!

Melissa said...

Those are yummy drapes~that fabric is beautiful! Nester has also opened my eyes also to the possibilities of window mis-treatments! I always thought because I couldn't sew, I had to buy ready-made panels. Thanks to her, I've started thinking a little outside the box and thinking ala ripping, glue gun, and working with what you already have. So, I took my Wal-mart or Target ones just dressed them up a little on the side with a fringe or by putting a panel at the top. My living room makeover was a Nester inspiration~the panels in there are from Wal-mart and were lined for 19.83 a piece. I bought them before ever discovering mis-treatments, so I mis-treated them-lol! I hope it's okay to post a link to the after pics: http://hyrumandmelissa.blogspot.com/2008/05/final-answer-before-and-after.html
Thanks again, Nester!

I am Mom said...

The area in my home I am working on - my First before and after :) - is going to need drapes for the final touch. Im I so bad at working with fabric. My first mistreatment will be a valance or memo board! So, these drapes are a good alternative - thanks again!

Jackie ♥ said...

ohh...yummy drapes! I love, love the brown with blue dots! I might have to see if I can find some fabric similiar to make mistreatments for my bedroom!
Oh, by the way...fabulous chair! I can't believe you got it for only $14...that's a steal!!

Hope your day is great!

Jackie

have a lovely said...

hello! i just stumbled across your blog from your etsy site. beautiful tassels and just a lovely blog! thanks so much for sharing this site for drapes...i am adding it to my favorites...along with your blog of course!

Anonymous said...

I had no idea there were such great spots to find budget-oriented drapes. I typically make my own, but this is definitely worth looking into as I find myself so busy these days it would be nice to have something on my windows without a whole lot of fuss.

Thanks for the post!

Anonymous said...

I stumbled across your blog...I noticed that so many of your new tassels look very similar to the ones Susie has had on her blog for a while. They say immitation is the best form of flattery.

Lisa Cobler said...

Those are beautiful. Thanks for the link.
I buy mine at JCP and BBB.

Lauren said...

Oh my word, those are GREAT! I have already made my "wish list"! I think that American Blinds (www.americanblinds.com) has great prices on their drapes! I ordered the Red Toile Medallion panels for my dining room and LOVE them! AND they were only $19 a piece... Which makes me love them even more!

Connie said...

Hi, I also live in Charlotte! Your blog is beyond wonderful. Where in Charlotte (or NC) do you buy your inexpensive curtain material? Connie

Still Learning said...

Sears & Garden Ridge.

Frustrated Farmgirl said...

Hmmm...I will have to check those out. I bed you could "mistreat" drapes...somehow or the other. I need something for our master bedroom, so I may check it out. Thanks for the tip!

Mary said...

Hi Nester,

I have a question for you...I live in New England and we have baseboard heaters under every window in the house. I love the fabric puddled on the floor look, but I don't think it's practical here, probably even a fire hazard! So, would you end the drapes just above the heater or just below the windowsill or somewhere in between? I mostly have shades and roman blind type things now but am craving some fabric and softness...
Thanks!

Ame... said...

Hi Nester! I found your blog a few weeks ago and fell in love with your style! Thank you for the website! I am always wanting to find places that you can by beautiful items for a great price. My mom recently made drapes for my living room and she is very talented, but is short on time...so I will have to keep this site in mind for my next window dressing project!

Anonymous said...

I love the first pic... those make me want to re-do my family room just so I can have them!! :)

The Nester said...

jen, do your heater vent run the entire length of the window? if they are just in the middle then you know what I'm gonna say--just don't pull them shut.

I, personally don't like, ok, hate the look of miniskirt windows treatments where they end right under the window. I know some of you have that and love that--yippie for you--that's all that matters but...

i'm wondering if you can make them end about 3-4 inches from the floor and add bullion fringe at the bottom?

do your heaters get piping hot and melt everything or just blog hot air?

piping hot? ok, you got me.

Amy H said...

Nester- i love counrty curtains great quality and I have some that I have gotten the basics from and then embelished them. They have great classic stuff. The kind of things you don't mind investing in because they will last. They also do a lot of lined and black out choices which are nice here in the hot Arizona sun. I do however make most of mine typically but when we moved this time. I scored some great finds at prices I couldn't make them at so that is where I am at.
AS for the base board questions I would say just shy of the baseboards you don't to obstruct your vents and you don't want to impede the heating of the house. I think so fringe that hangs just over would work, they are not hot to the touch like a radiator would be.

Lezlie said...

Thanks for the site! I am having Calico Corners come in this week to measure for my 2 story windows, but these would be great in other rooms. Where do you put velvet drapes? In the dining room?

Julieann said...

Very pretty--the first one reminds me of what my mother had--tassel and all:)

Happy Tuesday!

Julieann

The Beauty Bargainista said...

These are all so pretty. I acutally got all my drapes (well, the ones I didnt make) at IKEA for pretty cheap! :)

Stephanie said...

I always check out JCP outlet and clearance! I got Chatham drapes in Deep Sage from their outlet section...and at $35 a panel (with a free shipping code of course!), I paid more for the hardware to hang them!

Blessed said...

I've never bought premade drapes but I love those fun dotty ones!

Chris said...

Yup. Love every single one of those. I'm all about saving money on curtains, but sometimes you find a panel that just speaks to you and you have to splurge! I've been to this site before and had forgotten about it. Thanks for the reminder!

Mary said...

Nester I need your help/advice. Have you ever made mistreatments for an arch-shaped window? Like exactly half circle windows...need some idea of how to go about doing it without hiring someone! Thanks so much!

Anonymous said...

I was looking for good paint color for my home on the internet and found your blog. It's beautiful!! Everything!!! Anyhow I was wondering if you could fill me in on the great paint colors you used. I saw the tobacco roads and the one brown in your kitchen. But, it seems like other colors in your home have been used...like in the family room. It looks lighter (I think it's the family room). And in your boys room? Anywho, if you could help our a girl who is driving her husband crazy with trying to find the right color is would be a ton of help to me! Thanks-Natalie
joshnatbenedict@msn.com

Anonymous said...

Nester, I love your blog, your taste, your decor, and your humor. I also love that you are true to yourself! I have been visiting another blog that shall remain nameless and you are the true original. Keep it up! I discovered Ballard Designs b/c of you! Love love love your style! Keep it up, woman! I needs inspiration! Hugs, Michelle

Anonymous said...

Hi Nester, Thank you for visiting my blog and writing such a nice comment. I have signed you up for my free painting give away drawing to celebrate my year plus of selling on the internet.

O.K. next question. which Goodwill? The one on Sardis?

Connie, also from Charlotte

Sissy said...

Sometimes I can find great deals at Target when they clear out one season for another. I have found "silk" striped drapes for $13 and was so excited about it. In fact, I am using one of the panels as a shower curtain in a bathroom project right now.

Anonymous said...

Oh what I would do for about 20 silk panels!

Lise said...

Thanks for the link! I need some drapes for my bedroom and have been stuck on where to find some.

Tamlynn said...

Another vote for countrycurtains.com. That's where I bought my pretty white curtains for my birdie curtain rods that I was too lazy to make.

Also Ikea is great for really loooong curtain panels. You can cut them shorter if you need to.

Am I wrong in using the words curtain and drape interchangeably? Is that even a word?

Kim Hancock said...

Beautiful...I needed this help. I have been so frustrated looking for reasonable drapes. Thank you!

Anonymous said...

Hi Nester,
Thanks, I'm off to google "bullion" now! I think that would work. The heater doesn't blow air, it just gets hot from the hot water, like a radiator would but not quite that hot. They do run the length of the wall and are not attractive...warm though!

Jenny

Anonymous said...

I was lucky to locate curtain panels from a model home stager through my local Craigslist - I searched all kinds of terms such as "draperies", "panels", "curtain", "model home", you get the idea. I purchased 4 96" faux suede panels (two still in the package), a twin bedskirt, a European square pillow sham, and a nice lampshade for $22 total. Then I went directly to Ross for curtain rods - the ones I bought came complete with rings. I'm still working on hemming the panels and am actually considering adding a liner. . . . . .

Susan in San Antonio

An Adventurer in the World said...

Jen and Nester:

I also live in New England with the same baseboard heat issue in every room.

Ours are vintage 1940s. (The actual system is copper pipe with little aluminum fins, covered by a removable vented, metal box). My curtains drape happily over the heaters, just skimming the floor. And the covers don't get hot enough to even melt butter, though I do line up wet mittens and lay them on top to dry quicker.

Being a 1940s Cape Cod house, you can bet the windows are tiny and the ceilings low.

I get a lot of mileage out of 'storebought' drapes!

I purchase 3- 84" panels (or, 3 twin top sheets), then split each down the middle. I always leave the drapes pushed open so there is plenty of fabric for a pleasing stack without overwhelming the space.

UNTIL YOUR BLOG, I always thought I was lazy to not finish the inner split edge!* Now, I'm just mistreatin' : )

deb meyers


* past finishes have included: pulling threads to fringe the raw inner edge, or turning under a hem allowance and ironing it down. Glue gun never occurred to me!

An Adventurer in the World said...

Jen and Nester,

I also painted the baseboard heat covers same color as wall so they blend in better.

deb meyers

Anonymous said...

I love these drapes! I do not have one set of drapes in my home...they intimidate me for some reason...:) I have a question for you...I have one window in my master bedroom, it is 6' long by 3' high. It is completely off center in the room and one side is about 2" away from another wall. How would you mistreat this window? I'm not gifted as you are with mistreatments so I am at a loss! Help! Thanks, Billie

Aubrey said...

I pretty much just copy you, so tell me what to do.

Oh, and you KNOW I don't know how or where to shop, so I'll go where you tell me to go (within limit) too.

Anonymous said...

I love your blog, it inspires me to mistreat my windows.

Anonymous said...

I like this site called prioritywindows.com. They're actually the cheapest, but everything's custom made so it's still not within everyone's budget. But they have this semi-custom department where you can get some KILLER deals on custom stuff.