
A blogless reader, Christy is letting me share these photos with you. The world needs to see them. Or at least the small part of the world that reads this blog needs to see them.
Yes, yes, I know! It's a W/D cozy!!! Nothing on the back or bottom so it can just slide out if you need access to the back of the W/D for service or that lost sock! Then, she mistreated it! Love her!
Look, there's more! Oh, I am just beside my self. LAYERS of mistreating going on here! Do you not love the little cafe rod in the window? This woman has some mad skills going on. I'm dying to tour her home!
Lastly, she had these wooden rods cut at the home improvement store so she could get 4 out of one long rod. Look at that fringe. I love mistreating an entryway. Oh and that chair!

Have you mistreated and have a blog? Don't forget to grab your wild and crazy flashing button! I'll be having a non blinking one for you really soon!
88 comments:
Wow, she's certainly has done you proud as a member of the mistreatment club! Love her dining room, love the layering on her windows, gorgeous!
I really like what she has done. And I totally agree about her home...GORGEOUS!!! That would be one to tour, for sure ;) I am working on my first mistreatment...can't wait to finish. Thanks for posting this and God bless!
~Anna @ Rusty Cottage
I definitely want to see more of her lovely home. I used to have a buffet/hutch thingy like that. Now I wish I would've kept it, however, it probably wouldn't look right in my home. It's perfect in her's though. *sigh*
-Stacey
She needs to get herself a BLOG. Great stuff. I want to see more of her work. Love the washer dryer but I would have added hidden roller wheels on it so you can roll it out when needed.Maybe she does have them.
Secondly I LOVE yes love the little curtain by the arch way. I have an arch in my house. I wonder if i could do that.
Great ideas
thanks for sharing and help that wopman get a blog!
What great ideas! The W/D cozy is perfect for those who don't have a laundry room! Awesome!
I don't see any MIStreatments going on here - everything is gorgeous!
I, too would love to see more of her beautiful home if she's willing to share. She definitely has the decorating gene!!
tina
Her home is gorgeous....you definately need to talk her into getting a blog. Her mistreatments are beautiful!!!!
She has done a fantastic job....absolutely beautiful.
I just did my first teeny tiny window mistreatment and am loving it.
Thanks so much for all your great ideas.
Looks lovely - what a beautiful home!
I really love your blog! You have a beautiful home, and thanks for sharing your ideas! So glad to meet another go-with-the-flow girl! :)
Your friend has done an amazing job in her own home! Thanks for sharing these pics.
Stacey @ The Blessed Nest
I must ask... are the roman blinds upside down, or are they meant to be like that? Because it totally looks perfect the way they are. I would never have thought to do that to that window, but oh, I heart it so much.
she does an incredible job...i'd love to see her home as well.
Do you think Christy would be willing to share the name/brand of the green paint in her laundry room? Love the mistreatments but also love that color!
I love that laundry room! What great style she has. If there is one thing I wish my house had it is a laundry room! I can't make a corner in the garage look cute. Not that I've tried. :o)
I have to agree, that is an amazing thing to do with your w/d. I still have the old top load but I can dream.
Great use of the mistreat!!!
Blessings~~
Now that is the way to do laundry! She has a beautiful home and some killer mistreatment skilz!
I love it...I kept looking at the pictures. I love her paint color too! More pictures please...smile!
Mom of Three at www.shellinyourpocket.blogspot.com
Wow, such great mistreatments! Here house looks beautiful...I would definately like to see more also!
:)
Ok...I have several things to say..lol. First, anonymous said it didnt look like a "mistreatment" it looked gorgeous. Thats not very nice. I think mistreatments look FABULOUS and this ladies were gorgeous too.
I REALLY love the window!! I love the layered look on a window but lack patience in that area....I think for my front window I need to strive for that look though. She also has a GORGEOUS window which doesnt hurt..lol
The "cozy" in front of the W/D looks great but I do laundry SO often with a large family and the kids help that somehow I think that would turn out to be a nuisance (sp). But, it looks good.
I agree with the others....GORGEOUS home!!!
Very cute! I love the space for the washer and dryer - although I do think that the front load washers and dryers are kind of neat and not as big of eye sores as my glorious white ones! Still - very cute solution. The other curtains are gorgeous as well!
I just finished my first curtain mistreatments as well and wanted to share! I got the mistreatment bling and am quite proud of the outcome! Please check it out and give me your thoughts/ advice! Thanks Nester! Love the blog!
www.reflectionsofmoi.blogspot.com
Wow, that's some serious mistreating! I love all of it.
What a great idea for the laundry room. Although, if I had that washer and dryer, I'd be showing it off.
I want ALL of the paint color names. it looks like 2 colors of green (but maybe lighting changed it), and also a red. I also love her vignettes (groups of stuff sitting on furniture --is vignette the right word?). This is totally my style --but done way better than I can do.
Wow! She has done a great job! Her home is beautiful.
Has she made roman shades out of a tab top panel turned upside down??!! What an awesome idea. I love it! And the rods hanging there...I want to move in! I hope she will share more of her home...thanks!
I don't know what W/D is???
That fabric she used in her laundry room is flipping gorgeous!
She needs a blog...now!!!
Thanks for sharing the pics :)
Bella
how cool is this woman??? and so fun for all of us who read the nester! i love my house, but REALLY, where did she get this house? it is amazing!
nester, i actually used my sewing machine(i know, i know) to make cushion covers for my kitchen chairs, but i used YOUR 'sermon' on coordinating fabrics when i put everything together. made it so easy for me to choose fabric!! anyway, now i want to get out the ol'gluegun and put up something somewhere. i just feel a mistreatment coming on ! many thanks!jkj
I wanna see the WHOLE house! Can you ask her for more?? Please?????
Very Very cool!
I really enjoyed these pictures! Thank you for posting them! I wanna W/D cozy!!
And yes, let's see more of her home!
What great ideas! I have a blog and posted window mistreatments...I would love it if you checked them out! You inspired me with your sister's bathroom! Unfortunately I made them without chocolate cake!
As an Airforce wife, I love checking out to see how you ladies mistreat your homes, I try to take your examples and apply them to my base home. I am totally tempted to remove the doors from my W/D closet and mistreat the whole space!
That just gave me a couple great ideas for Mistreatments in my house! Thank you.
You have been tagged for a meme today if you would like to participate. It's on my blog.
Have a great day
Timi
wow! i really like the w/d cozy! i have got to get me one of those!
Hey! I love the curtains for the dining entry! Nice! I was wondering how do you make buttons? I wanted to make a Screaming Meme one! I don't what they are for but they are cute! Did you know I switch to blogger too?...I haven't learned all the ropes yet...But it will come! www.thescreamingmeme.blogspot.com
Wow, she has a beautiful house. I just did a post today on window treatments. She definitely needs to get a blog. :-)
Wow! She really needs to enter the blog world so we can see the rest of her gorgeous home!
that is awesome...i am "treating" it up tonight with curtians for my daughters newly remodled room!
you rock!
Please pass along my compliments on the laundry room. How lovely! The color choices, the mistreatment, the whole package! :o) Thank you for sharing pictures with us!
Sincerely ~ Tricia Anne
Your mistreatment posts have inspired me to add some mistreatments of my own to my home this week. Love all of your posts. Thanks for the inspiration.
I love what she has done! It's beautiful. Love the mistreatments by the archway. What a great idea!!!
wow! love it!!! She did a great job, love all her ideas!
Another call for the laundry room paint color...pretty please?!?!?
I felt sad for her, poor blogless reader! Everyone needs a blog even if they don't know it!
We truned our house upside down last night, I will be updating my blog soon with pictures, I hope..I have to work out the artwork!
Never a dull moment!
So you have your new computer on order??
Gorgeousness. I think I'll go spit on my living room sheers now. ;o)
Girls--ANY of you can have a home like this with a little {ok, a lot but not that much} time and effort.
Start slow and work over time! One room at a time! This house makes me LONG to paint my white walls!
Pick out some paint and go room by room adding in fabrics and yard sale pieces, favorite items, and stuff you have and over time it will begin to come together.
I have GOT to get me some toile fabric to mistreat with! I want the blinkie! I actually have the other one, but I want to be part of the club! : )
wow, wow and wow!
Did your husband tell you that someone talking with him at Convention realized who he was and stopped saying, "Your the Nesters Husband!" Too great for words!
That is a beautiful home! She should start a blog!
Oh my, you ladies are too sweet! (yes it is I, the blogless wonder) Nester is sooo right though, just keep your eyes peeled for deals on things you like and a room will begin to come together on its own. Almost everything in my whole house is from a flea market, yard sale, or clearance rack.
I'd never read a blog before (did I hear a gasp?) until someone linked to Nester on the babycenter message boards a few months ago...and I've been hooked ever since. I've been feeling left out though without my own blog...can I get a cool club kids card if I start one lol? Not sure I would have enough interesting things to say to fill it up though!
To answer the paint questions(all Olympic colors): Dining room above chair rail(looks way greener in the pic than it really is) - Pineapple Sage, below chair rail - Sphagnum Moss; Foyer - Ruffled Clam; Hallway you can barely see - Terrazo Tan (its not really red, just a warm terracotta color); Laundry room - Crocodile Tears
Thanks again girls!
Christy
She is amazing!! And she does need to start a blog, because I want to see every bit of her house. Thanks for sharing!
I painted my bedroom Tobacco Road and did some more mistreatments. Stop by and take a look. :-)
~Heather
Love that fringe on those drapes or mistreatments!!! What great pic's. Just think how you have had an effect on all these ladies! Wow!
Blessings, Debbie
ribbonwoodcottage.blogspot.com
How can we get your super talented mistreater of a friend to give us the step by step for that awesome w/d surround? Seriously - I have to have that!
I very much want to "mistreat" something in my new home that I'll be moving into this weekend! I already have plans to copy your porch curtains but surely I can think of something else. Is there an official definition of mistreat? My impression is that is has to do with fabric without the sewing. Is that right? Kelly
Oh my goodness! What a beautiful home. She so needs a blog!!!
Heya Woman!
Shoot me an email, would ya', pretty please?
Your fairy blogmother,
Darcy
very very jealous!
WOW!! THAT IS AWESOME!!!!! What a great idea!!
Just found your blog through We Are That Family. Love it! Such great photos and decorating ideas. You are bookmarked! I have three boys too and being girlie a little more challenging when you're so outnumbered.
To girlihood... ;)
That is gorgeous!! I love the little rod she uses at her archway... Thanks for sharing!
Beautiful home, thank you for putting her photos up for all of us to see.
I finally added my blinkie when I did my mistreatments in my living room. Today I mistreated my bathroom, pics to come soon.
I love it! I would NEVER think to hang fabric where she has! I wish she lived closer to me. Lol.
Oh Man! I love that w/d cozy!!! ... must try that one!
Hey Christy! Your home is FABULOUS! Love your laundry room. Swoon!
Thanks for sharing (and thanks Nester for passing your photos along for us to see).
You can be a cool girl without a blog. I'd say so.
Happy day,
Melissa
We have a very large front door that is entirely glass... no not frosted... clear-seethroughit-glass. I bought a panel that is like ten feet long and used some of these fat chunky finial to cover our front door... I will get back to you cause that didn't make a whole lota sense did it!
Aja
Nester,
I have an unusual question for you... Do you visit EVERYONE who comments on your blog? I know that you've visited me before, so I was just wondering. How do you manage to get everything done in a day plus visit so very many blogs. This is a strange question, I know, but I really do want to know how you do it. Don't get me wrong, I think that blogging is wonderful, but it can take up a good portion of your day. How do you find a balance?
Nester, my sister just introduced me to your site a few days ago. I have spent HOURS reading your posts and still haven't scratched the surface of all the content! LOVE your ideas, LOVE your style, and LOVE your humor. I've been in this home for five years with NO treatments on my windows b/c I couldn't afford the "lined, interlined, weighted, hemmed, etc..." designer treatments. I've got fabric, though, as well as rods, stitch witchery, and a glue gun! (And I'll soon be adding some upholstery tacks to my "mistreatment" emergency kit.) So, I look forward to sharing some mistreatments of my own very soon! My naked windows will be relieved ...
I posted some treatments for you to see.
I lovve the ideas I saw on your blog today.
Love her mistreatments! I think this is the first time I have posted here. Fun place, great ideas!
Nester;
Here's the scoop. I cannot find a place to email you so I will pose my questions here.
My hubby and I moved our family form a teeny tiny little nest one year ago to a much larger one. We went from 864 sf to nearly 3,000 sf. We went from 3 bed, 1 bath to 5 bed, 4 bath. I have an extremely empty nest. And I don't know where to start. On my main floor I have 1 sofa, 1 chair, 2 end tables, 1 dining table, 1 bench, and 4side chairs. I have 2 lamps. There is a completely EMPTY living room/dining room with hard wood floors. My family room, hallways are carpeted. The kitchen, entry and laundry rooms are tiled. We went from 9 windows to 24 windows. And all are REALLY mistreated. They have those lovely paper temporary pleated shades. I don't know where to start! AND I am on a tight budget!
I did paint the kitchen and eating area. Sundried Tomato from Sherwin Willaims. The l.room/d.room have been treated with Ralph Lauren's sude finish. It looks like coffee with cream in it. BEAUTIFUL! That's all I've done. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My sofa is red/army green/tans (plaid) and most of my wood is cherry. It is a very open floor plan and I can see most rooms from any spot on the main floor. Oi. Vay. I really don't knwo where to start. If you can suggest anything, I'd be grateful!
Hey Nester, I'm new to your blog and I LOVE it! Your mistreatments 101 blog gave me hope. You see, I am the 24 year old wife of an engineering student who goes to school in one state and does summer internships in another so we move at least twice a year. We only live in apartments and they always seem to have a rule that we can't paint or hang things on the wall, so my house is usually bare from the waist up and pictures usually sit on the floor against a very white wall where I would LIKE to hang them. Anyway what I am trying to say is that your upholstery nail idea is brilliant!!! NO NAILS means NO HOLES! YAY my windows will no longer be naked! I will definitely be back searching for more simple and amazing ideas on how to decorate my many apartments, so any more ideas you have will be very appreciated. P.S. you have restored my faith in tassels. Yours are so beautiful and I want to just eat them all up! I can't wait for the day when hubby and I are no longer struggling through school so that I can buy them all (hopefully you'll still be making them)!
Wow! Looks great! I love, love, love that window with the cafe rod. That window is mistreated to perfection!! Please tell us if she changes her mind and starts a blog. :o)
When I die, I'm certain heaven will have those x-paned windows. At least my heaven will!
Thanks blogless reader for giving us such eye candy :)!
joy--great question!!
When i first started blogging I ALWAyS visited everyone and loved it!
Now that i have 73 comments, i cannot. But, when i see a new person I try to visit them.
But, i'm behind on that because until my new computer comes in [nest week!!!] i have the computer from the titanic and it is toooooooo s. l. o. w. for me to go to too many blogs. So, i read my sisters and my comments and realized that the world did not blow up just because I couldn't visit everyone like I want to.
I even had to unconnect my email from my blog until I can catch up.
It is so hard to find a balance and I haven't even been blogging for a year so I am very new at all of this. I try to write at a certain time and auto post. I have a bajillion ideas for posts so that's the easy part. I really miss not being able to visit everyone's blog.
I love all of you and wish I could walk through all of your homes and have you all over for a toaster strudel and an iced coffee.
Thanks for sharing these Nester! I would love to see the rest of her house too! With that kind of talent, she should sooo have her own blog. I love all of her pretty mistreatments! I am getting ready to mistreat some windows of my own, I have to admit I'm kinda nervous. I feel like I breaking some kind of law! haha
I can't wait to get my own 'mistreater' button for my blog!
I've just discovered your blog from a friend! I am just facinated...you remind me of myself!!! I am obcessed with painting my house and anything in it I can paint!
Anyway, have you used Devine Paint? I wanted to turn you on to their colors. I have just done two of them in my house and they are INCREDIBLE. Check out www.devinecolor.com. I got the samples and then had my dear friends (close friends by now!) make the colors from the card samples, which are 8x11 sized!
Still loving your blog and all the amazing things you do to your home and share about others' homes! I love the mistreatments! Oh, and BTW, I nominated you for a blog award. Come to my NEW blog The Creative Homemaker for details. http://creativehomemakers.blogspot.com (If you go click on my personal blog you might remeber me.) :)
Nester;
While wandering through my local Home Goods today I was thinking about mistreatments. And your blog. Have you ever considered contacting a publisher and starting your own magazine? I can see it now. MisTreatments. I would totally subscribe. It would be just like having your blog only you'de make a bagillion dollars. The pics you put on this blog are better than I've seen in any home magazine.....and I read them ALL. Just sayin'.
Sad news and happy news: Sad news, I found out today that I am not allowed to put anything on my new balcony such as curtains at this apt. complex so I am not going to be able to mistreat as I wanted to. :( Good news: I found this out before the shower curtains I'd planned to use were even out of the package so $20 richer I'll be!
Other happy news: I got to see our actual apt. today for the first time and it is BEAUTIFUL! God really answered prayers and I am so excited to nest there. I will be coming back often for inspiration!
Thank you! I also realized there was a link to "mistreat" so I read that post and I get it! Thanks so much! Kelly
Her house is GORGEOUS!!!
I need to go read your Mistreatment link to see exactly what you mean (basically using stuff where you wouldn't conventionally use it, right?). If I'm assuming correctly than we could have a little fun!
Go Christy, go Christy, its your birthday!!
That girl needs a blog.
Elise
Christy, perhaps you could share how you made the Roman shades or where you purchased them...They are absolutely stunning--I can't take my eyes off of them! Beautiful.
Christy, your photos are gorgeous! Great job!
Nester and Christy, thank you for sharing!
Becky - I bought the roman shades from jcpenney (yep!) a couple years ago, not sure if they still carry them or not. They're sort of a linen weave and they came with the wrought iron bar at the bottom. Hope that helps! - Christy
Thank you, Christy. The blinds are still available on Penney's website. Sweet! The Nester & you are the greatest.
All these amazing mistreatments inspired me to try my hand at my own. We'll see how they turn out...I love the mistreatments on the doorway. Beautiful!
seriously the laundry room idea is awesome!
Post a Comment