Those Creative Women


I know this post only applies to a small percentage of you but I still want to tell you about this show that I was lucky enough to be invited to part of.

They call themselves: Those Creative Women and I'm thrilled to be among them. You've got Lauren , who lots of us in these decorating blog circles adore, she is a new on the loose designer and she'll be doing custom gift wrapping with fellow designer, Blair. Then, there is Melody, a spunky jewelry designer and also Kate, she's the brains behind anything graphically designed for Creative Women website. Cindy the owner of Imagery Limited designs all sorts of things stained glass. Lastly, we have our host, Kendra, founder of My First Kitchen. Kendra is busy gracing Greensboro with her cooking skills through the classes that she offers and what she calls catering with a twist.


I'll be grabbing the cash out of your hot little hand in exchange for my tassels, garlands and a few other beautiful items that you don't need but will really want. Come to Greensboro, North Carolina on Saturday, November 8th and hang out with me, my mom and my sister {yes, I make them come with me everywhere} and those other creative women, see some pretty stuff, buy some Christmas gifts and sample some heavenly food. Find out more about the show at our website, Those Creative Women.com.


And as your reward for reading this big, long, fat, shameless advertisement I'll reward you with this tidbit of information: the nest post is gonna be a giveaway. And this time, it's not gonna be a tassel.

58 comments:

Jen - Balancing Beauty and Bedlam said...

Too much fun, ladies, but did you have to do it the weekend of Holiday Market? UGH! I have a booth at the Coliseum. Such a bummer!

Holly said...

Oh, I was almost first! Wish I could come to your show!

alexandra said...

color me jealous!!! have fun!

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

woot a giveaway...but I love a tassel

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kimba said...

Doh! It would appear that I picked the wrong week to come to town! :-)

Tammy (Mom to this crazy bunch) said...

That's awesome! Sounds like fun...

Suzann said...

Sounds like a blast - enjoy!

Betsy said...

So wish I lived closer! I would love to come to NC. Love your tassels....you'll sell TONS!

Shell in your Pocket said...

If only I wasn't too far...I would be there! How fun! What a great show that will be!
Happy Monday, Nesting Place!
-Sandy toes

larkswing said...

You are very talented and I love looking at the pics of your goodies and work . . .Hate that I am too far away, otherwise I'd have to pay a visit to your show.

Shell in your Pocket said...

I just have to tell you...I called my hubby at work to see if he wanted to visit his parents (my in laws live in NC) on the 8th. He thought I was crazy and knew I had alternative motives. I looked up that Creative women...what a great show that will be!
-Sandy Toes

Kristen said...

I am so excited about this! I love Kendra, your sister, Lauren and Cindy. I called my mom to tell her I would be in town for the day and she would be accompanying me to this fabulous event...it didn't take her long to agree! We're so excited!

Deb said...

Congratulations on the show. Soooo wish I lived in North Carolina. I'm so sad. I'll just have to admire from afar. Have fun and good luck with that.

Julie said...

Sounds like fun! I'm about 8 hours away maybe I can talk hubby into this little trip.LOL good luck at the show looks like it will be great
julie

Julia @ Hooked on Houses said...

What a great idea! Sounds like a lot of fun. Wish I lived close enough to stop by. Hope you'll take some pictures of the big event for us!

You won the big prize over at my blog today. Yay for you!! -Julia :-)

Katie said...

Oh my gosh, that sounds like so much fun! Now, I have to cook up a way to get there. Hmmm....

Anonymous said...

Think my hubby would mind if I spent our tenth anniversary meeting you? Or maybe we could just use our free miles to come to NC... They have nice man stuff at those booths don't they?!

Darcy said...

Love giveaways..pick me! :) And it's funny, it never dawned on me that you never use your real name! Too funny! :)

Corinne said...

Look at all of those gorgeous tassels! I wished I lived closer. I would have a hard time explaining why I needed to fly across the country for something I really don't need!!!! Good luck.

the undomesticated wife said...

sounds like fun!

Kathy said...

I wish I lived closer so I could attend, sounds like a lot of things I don't need but would really, really want will be there.

Now I'm off to go check out the others.

Carie said...

Oh my stars! I wish I lived closer!

Aubrey said...

I think you should take pictures of all the bloggers you meet who come to see you. As if you don't already have too many things keeping you busy, threatening to turn your hair gray.

So wish I lived closer. But not to have my picture taken. I learned my lesson with Jennifer P.

onlymehere said...

I wish I lived close enough to go to this!

The Wild World of Richmond said...

I love your blog and have been so inspired to fancy up my nest. I think i was so tired out with four kids that I had forgotten what "nesting" was. I was pleased to shop my house for candles, use my cake plate as a candle holder and shop the yard for pine cones and acorns to pretty up my tired stuff. You are F-U-N, fun! Keep nesting...I love it.

Anonymous said...

Have a good time! Sell lots and lots!

Cottagecheap said...

Ha...Freudian slip....Nest instead of Next post! :-D

I wish I was close by, I will email my southern pals and let them know!

I hope you earn alot of money to spend on MORE goodies to make new tassles! :-D

Hopechest Bride said...

Sounds like fun. Wish I could come!

southerninspiration said...

oh, gee if there were not four whole states in between us, I would be there! I'm sure it will be a BLAST!!!

Brian and Staci said...

Can't wait to check it all out! But for now...I have a little guy who wants to play "knights" and he wins over bloggin...for now :)

Katy said...

I've been gandering at your fabulous blog for sometime now and am JUST now leaving a comment. Anyway, love your tassels and all of your post about decorating. I thought I was the only one who didn't perfect things....I made darling valances one time out of heavy foam board. Have a beautiful day! Love your site. KB

Trixi said...

Oh, I just wish I lived in driving distance. I would be there in a flash. I hope you sell lots and lots of stuff!!!

Anonymous said...

Your work is beautiful! Wish I lived closer to come to your sale!!! I concur with one of your earlier posts thanking you for inspiring a mom of four to remember what "nesting" is! Thank you for being so generous with your photos, ideas and passion--it's contagious!

Sunny said...

If you ever make a dachshund tassel, can I have first dibs? (wink)

Janet said...

Oh I love your blog. I just discovered it through Violet Posey.

Angela said...

Oh, how I wish I lived closer! Sounds like it will be a lot of fun!

Unknown said...

I live in Greensboro!!!! How cool!!! Can't wait to see the tassles!

Mary Ruth said...

OH MY, I live 6 1/2 drive from Charlotte! My sister lives there!
I lived there many, many years ago. Great city!
Oh what fun it would be if we could all meet up!

Unknown said...

Nester, if you gave away a piece of your recycled trash, I'd enter! :) :) :) If I only lived up the road a piece in Roanoke, Va., like I USED TO back in the GOOD OLD DAYS (bitter? who me???), I'd be there with bells on. :)

Kelly @ The Barefoot Mama said...

Ahh, how cool, mama! I wish I could come!

Anonymous said...

Hmmm....I'm only two hours away, and we will officially complete babystep 2 of Total Money Makeover the week before. Maybe it's time for a road trip. :)

Anonymous said...

Nester -- I recieved my tassle in the mail this weekend... LOVE IT!! It's so full and bigger and better than I expected..

Who knows? Maybe I can make it up to the sale and buy some more :-)

Have a blessed week!
Sallie

sprinklesbowtique said...

I stumbled upon your blog through another blog (and so on and so on:) ) and I must admit I am in love with your tassle! Too Cute!

Anonymous said...

Any chance that B & W & apple green tassel is going up on etsy for sale??? I've been looking for something just like it. Thanks!

The Nester said...

Green black and white one already sold honey! Sorry, I'll try to have a few more out next Monday!

Kelly said...

I'll be there...I am excited!!

I can't wait to see the tassles and garland!

Elise said...

Fun!! Wish I lived closer!!
Elise

Cowgirl in the City said...

Wonderful new blog! How fun! I wish Denver was closer to Greensboro so I could come check out all of your lovely goodies at your show!

Judy @ In His Grip said...

Your tassels are awesome. Would love to win one.

Heather said...

I found your blog while blogsurfing. I'm fascinated. Love love love your ideas, I'll be checking back often, you've inspired me to get to work on my home. The mistreating way is so right up my alley, can't wait to give it a try! By the way-I'm Heather~~~~Clear over in Idaho.

Anonymous said...

It's great to have something so fun to look forward too! Can't wait.

angela | the painted house said...

Good luck!!

We're Blessed said...

That sounds like fun! Wish I was closer to you...I would love to come see all your wonderful goodies!!!

Heather said...

Hello Nester..I love following your blog. Just ordered a fall tassel and posted about it. Check out our blog sometime when you get a chance. It looks really cute with my fall decor!!

Hipmomofboyz said...

I bet you are going to be selling lots.
Count me in on your giveaway...

Lamp Tramp said...

Did you get my comment through ETSY/ I'm afraid the time expired....let me know!

Abbreviated said...

Is it too late for a chance @ a tassle ?