
Don't forget to enter daily to win the HGTV Dream House!

It's not too late to enter to win a kisses and hugs necklace from Lisa Leonard Designs! Contest closes Saturday at midnight and the winner will be announced Monday.
Dream Home:: A Giveaway
Scrawled out by
The Nester
on
1/16/2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
40 comments:
That house looks awesome! I love the bedroom!!
Oh My! That house is IT on a stick!
I llloooovvveeee that house! The kitchen is a dream!
Jen
I probably won't get to spend my hard earned 40 bucks to tour this one, but you know I will still register every day to win this bad boy!!!
the window treatment is hung high in true Nester style... :-)
What a beautiful home to be blessed with - I'm entering every day!
Oh my gosh, that house is perfect. Especially the outside with the big, beautiful tree. I love it!
Thank you for the heads up! That is beautiful. I love that kitchen and bedroom!
Karol :0)
I love that home!
I featured your Etsy shop on my blog today, stop by and say Hi if you get the chance.
Thanks!
http://bella1104.blogspot.com/2009/01/hooked-on-etsy.html
Oh, I am having a giveaway, too, one that your boys might like, make sure to enter!
I love, love, love how they laid out the photos on the wall. And...then there's the rug, a dreamy pop of red! I will be entering, thanks for the reminder.
~Misti
That's my favorite room in the whole house.
This is my favorite Dream Home! Of course, you're invited to visit when it becomes mine!
Wow! You are so generous!
Pick Me!
;D
Sheesh! I saw the title of your post and thought you were giving away a house!
Now THAT would be big time. ;-)
Forgot to mention that I'm feeling pretty confident that it's my turn to win this year. When I do, I'll host a blogging-girls getaway at the new digs. Maybe I'll even sell the Acadia to pay for everyone's plane tickets.
K
I'm gonna win...I just know it!
Oh yes, I have been entering daily since it started! Just like every year in the past! LOL
I always enter...I never win! I sound like eeyore.
oooooh.... i like!!!
what do you call those little pedestal thingys in the corners of the cabinets on the island? that doesn't look like it would be hard to duplicate, does it?
I enter for these houses EVERY year. My turn to win must be this year. That bedroom is speaking to me!
What a charming home!
Wouldn't it be fun if someone we actually knew won that gorgeous home!! How cool would that be?
SO excited that you and your darling sister are going to be at She Speaks in July. I'll be praying for y'all!
Blessings,
Susan
Biteof....
I think they are called....legs. rhymes with eggs. I'm so fancy.
maybe there is a real word for them and someone can enlighten me?
I covet that kitchen! Of course, I'm the lady that lives in a rental that was built in the era of Caroly Brady orange counter tops! Yikes!
Kristina
whoever wins should invite the rest of us over. that's what I think.
Thanks for the reminder. I'm really hoping to win Publisher's clearinghouse, so HGTV's dream house can be my back up. I'm feeling lucky.
Isn't that house great!
-sandy toe
I'm so crazy about this house! I enjoy your blog. I will have to stop by often!
Well, that was fun. I am a believer that once is all I need, it will go to whomever it is meant to go to…blessing to you all!
Thanks!
this is ironic, Nester. Before i got on my laptop, I saw the dream home giveaway commercial and thought to myself--i wonder if nester dreams of that house, too...ha ha!
Love the house, but not enough bedrooms for my crew. :-( But if we win, some creative bunk-bed arrangements might make it work.
Nice to take the tour & DREAM though!
I'm lucky...the house is only thirty minutes away from where I live now!
Love it, Love it!! Perfect for Valentine's Day!
Patricia
Okay, Missy Nester, I will make you a deal. If I win the dream home I am gonna sell it and buy you your home back in Greensboro and then we are gonna find a home in the same neighborhood. My only request is that you help me decorate my home. Deal? I know I am going to win!!!! :)
Folks, stop entering the HGTV Dream Home contest immediately unless you have a boatload of money. Seven of the nine "winners" of these homes haven't been wealthy enough to afford the "dream home".
The taxes assessed on both the prize (add up the cost of the home, car, plus all the furnishings) and the annual property taxes are enough to financially ruin the average person.
On top of the taxes, imagine the lawyers, accountants, and real estate agents you'd have to hire to help you with this (if you don't live anywhere near the home, coordinating all this is even harder). God forbid the house doesn't sell for fair market value.
Google "HGTV Dream Home" and "foreclosed" or "taxes" and you'll get enough information to keep you from filling out that entry form.
The Sonoma dream home is worth $2.5 million. You'll pay about $1.2 million in taxes just for winning that prize. The government just sees it as income and wants its share. After that, you'll have to pay annual property taxes. We're talking about an area with high property values and the guesses I've seen online about the tax on the home are in the tens of thousands of dollars.
It's fun to dream about the house, but unless you have a skilled accountant on hand to get you past April 15th, you don't want it!
This house looks fabulous!! Nester, I can hardly believe what a popular blogger you are! I mean, I can with your fab style and fun journaling... but would have you ever thought?? Have a great weekend!
I love the island...I can see my boys sitting up there doing their homework while I cook!!!
Hi Nester -
I'm Tim@RemodelingGuy.net. My wife is Kim @ Forever Wherever. She's been a fan since we first started that blog and you liked her painted piano.
I have a brand new blog started today all about remodeling, design, and just anything to do with houses and making them better. I'd love to have you stop by and if I can help with any remodeling or construction stuff, I'd be happy to.
When I saw the giveaway (HGTV) I thought it was you at first and I thought it must be a joke. I'd enter, but I could never leave the paradise of Punta Gorda, FL voluntarily.
Kim just got started with the twitter thing...I'm a little concerned. She is, of course, ForeverWherever.
I guess I'm a bird now...oh well, the male birds are usually the most colorful anyway! ;-)
Have a nice weekend.
My moms coworker won the Florida Hgtv Dream Home a few years ago. Being from PA, he wasn't sure if he wanted to uproot his family and move so far away. They ended up using the home for awhile - vacations and such then decided to sell. The home sold two weeks b4 a hurricane. The homes greenhouse was destroyed and the dock was never seen again. But HGTV viewers seemed to really like their family and were always chatting about them on the message boards. One viewer even made and sent them a quilt. Kind of neat!
This is my master bedroom inspiration. I would love to know where the rug came from....Any ideas????? I will definetely register.
Post a Comment