Today I'm being lazy. And guest posting at
Lazy Moms. In true lazy fashion the post over there is a rerun but a good one. Meanwhile, I'll be here. Cleaning this craft room. It looks even worse in color.
PS If you need window mistreatment supplies you can find them
here.
49 comments:
Black and white can make things look better..it's amazing! Happy Cleaning!
~Sandy toe
I don't have a blog but am a true fan of yours. I laughed when I saw your craft room, because mine looks the same!!! I always have more projects going than I can finish!
Well, I've never read the post - so I'm off to check it out!
I needed to see that. I'll have to remember the sepia trick. If you squint your eyes and let your vision get blurry, it looks quite pretty! ;-)
Some days are like that!!! That's why there are doors!
I have a decorating dilemma over at my blog!!! Would love any and all advice!!!
Hugs,
Susan
hey...is that my room? I get messy when I am creative...it's a process. Heading over to Lazy moms to check out you guest post!
I'm having a make over party today! Stop over and join in!
Happy Cleaning!
Hi Nester,
Thanks so much for guest posting for us today! Your room is an inspiration to the rest of us! It's great knowing that someone whose home is so beautiful has a mess just like mine!
Oh boy! My own "craft room" looks very much like this right now. I'm attempting to re-organize all my supplies and why, oh why, does it have to get so much worse before it bets better!?!
Theres a lot of potential there! It looks like some really good stuff! Have Fun! I can't wait to see the finished product! I love your blog! Great ideas!
I agree with Sandy Toes. B&W makes it all look better! LOL!
I spent ALL of Monday cleaning my craft/guest room. It looked like an bomb of paper and fabric and "what the heck is that?" exploded in my room. The good thing about guests coming is that I finally went through my stuff! It won't stay clean for long though. I'm a messy crafter. :)
So you're a crafter, huh? Me too! I have a room for my papercrafting that looks like a tornado went through it. I never feel I can get ahead of my stuff there.
And then I have a nook where my sewing stuff is. I drag the sewing machine to my dining table to sew. Such a pain!
Fiskars is doing a contest to win a sewing cabinet. Gotta use that photo. :) http://www.fiskateers.com/blog/2009/01/22/olivia-could-change-your-life-or-at-least-change-your-sewing-room/ if you're interested.
Oh, goodness! What exploded in there? LOL
Have fun cleaning!
I think the craft room looks perfect! Love the way you've arranged the debris!
I like what Runner Mom says! Close the door and forget it!
Love the sepia picture (and it's reminiscent of my craft room). That's one of my tricks when I have a picture that I think I look yucky in or one kid looks weird and everyone else is good --remove the color or go sepia!!
I'm going to try to mistreat my daughters curtains today!!
Yikes! Have fun and you will feel SO much better after it is done!!!
I gave your blog an award!
Yikes! The sepia tone does make your craft room look elegant in its disarray! Good luck cleaning and organizing!
It looks like you're hard at work fighting off the laziness! :)
Hi Nester!! I did my first ever mistreatment!! Thank you so much for being such an inspiration to so many...I'm frozen when it comes to decorating because I might make a "mistake". You've helped me relax so much!! http://smellslikehome.blogspot.com/2009/02/laundry-room-spruce-up.html
You crack me up! Queen of bait and switch... YOU HAVE AN AMAZON STORE! YOU are an Amazon Woman? Oh, wait, that may not be a very good connotation. Whoo hoo... look at your ambition! So great. Girl, after all the business you'll be doing between blogging, etsy and Amazon you'll need to face that Toaster Strudel addiction before it takes over and depletes your savings to buy back your dream home! Dave Ramsey needs to write a whole chapter about you! I'm proud of ya!
I love how you did the sepia thing on this. I'll remember that for my next meesy project post! LOL
Im awful. I avoid the crafting because of the clean up. How much I miss out on in life! sigh
My craft room has paper everywhere. I am the paper crafting lady... Also, I am storing an artificial Christmas tree in there. And have some toys that are out of rotation in that space too. oh my. Your post made me feel a little better!
I actually kind of like the room as it is! I can see potential and creative ideas just spilling out of boxes, baskets, and drawers. The sepia toned picture adds a touch of sophistication to the madness.
Enjoy your cleaning today. :)
you are brilliant..love the nesting supplies..those star tacks are fab!
Bless you. Bless you. Bless you for sharing your messy craft room, you lazy woman.
Kimba
Ahh! I'm glad to see that reality and beauty can go hand in hand.
:) Have a nice, lazy day, I know I am.
I'm just stoked that someone else's house looks like mine sometimes! Bless you! :)
LOVE that you shared this!!!!!!
LOL My office looks like that a lot of the time.
Are you gonna show us the after? =)
the sepia makes it look beautiful nonetheless! LOL
just ordered the Home Book today - so excited!!
Chaos makes creativity -- that's what my mamma always says! And you know, mamma is always right!
I described myself (in my profile) as a procrastinating perfectionist..."lazy" fits, too, sometimes! Good luck with your cleaning project!
Your craft room looks a lot like mine. What a relief!
I hope you had fun cleaning and organizing your craft room.
i love that cute pix of you over there. after i paint upstairs (like in 5 yrs, when i get some time), i'm gonna need your help. so get ready.
i wish i had a craft room, cept i'm not a crafy person so what would i fill it with? junk, i guess :)
Holy Moly- mine looks pretty similar- it's great to find someone else that decorates the same way- chaos is so chic!
I should remember to take more pictures in black and white it doesn't look as messy!
enjoyed your post on Lazy Mom's.
LuLu
That might rate up there with one of your most inspiring posts. It's so *real*! You have given me hope this week--and I so needed it. Love ya!
Saw the post title and thought you were writing about me! I'm working on my craft room, too.
I so relate to this! My craft room is in the "in between" stage. You know the one where half of all the projects are done. My husband built me my work space, but they still need trim, paint and fabric to complete them. Before I can even get to that I have to finish more bags, aprons and pincushions to be ready to open my Etsy. I am debating...do I get the room organized first so I can actually create or just create in chaos?! Thank you for letting us all feel better about our own messes!
~Victoria~
Ahhhh....now i can realax, im not the only one who has a crafroom looking like this. Thank you! :))
That looks like a room full of treasure to me sister! I'll come clean it up for you if I can sneak a few goodies away!
Wait, how did you get a picture of my craft room?!? If you go to my blog you'll see pictures to match yours today!
Oh, my! You're craft room looks just like mine. I've got to get it all clean and organized next week!
Take care,
Elizabeth
I love love LOVE your site!
I am subscribing right now!
:)
Hi Nester,
If you get a chance, stop by my blog. I want to paint my brick house and I need input. I have the pics of your painted brick home up on my blog, too :) I would love the direct link to that blog post, too, I could not find it.
Thanks!
Bella
http://bella1104.blogspot.com/2009/03/i-want-to-paint-my-brick-house-need.html
Post a Comment