
Tuesdays Unwrapped. Over at Chatting at the Sky my sister is busy not being busy. She's encouraging us to notice the small, unexpected real life that is right now.
This is my Tuesday {as it was my Monday too} a sick baby. I can call a 7 soon to be 8 year old a baby right? Plans for a funny, informative world changing, hot glued tutorial quickly change in the presence of a little boy who needs to snuggle.
What does your Tuesday look like?
***************
Don't forget--tomorrow's a Mr. Linky Party to share where we hung our feather and egg prints. I know this will be a smaller group but it will still be fun and inspiring! See you then--I'll have it up at 9am.
46 comments:
Awww...poor little guy. It's easy for me to hate those interruptions of my productive plans. But it won't be long and that little man will be putting on his suit and tie and headed out to change the world. What a doll. Enjoy the snuggles and thanks for joining the party, Sister :)
I'm expecting a call from school today to come in & get my 14 year old "baby." I couldn't tell if she was truly physically sick or if it's mental & emotional due to middle school drama. Of course, she could be physically sick from the drama too...I know I am!
Hug that boy while you can!
Hope he feels better soon
Snuggle away! Mommy time is the best time.
Hope he feels better soon!
This is pretty much what my Tuesday's looking like, too. My 6-year old has had the flu since Saturday. Ugh. If I don't get a solid night's sleep soon, I might just keel over.
Yesterday I asked Lily if there was anything she needed, and she said, "Some company?" Bless her heart.
So many things can instantly seem unimportant when a little one is sick. I hope he's up and playing in no time!
~Kim
I have a soon to be 8 year-old, too. It's very hard to let go of our well-laid plans when life gets in the way. Although these days I am thinking that real life is found less in the plans than in the interruptions...
My Tuesday involves a teething baby...yea!
My Tuesday will involved snuggling on my coach at some point and reading to the kiddos...now I just need to make that happen, and not let the day get out ahead of me. :)
Awww, you're poor little guy. I hope he feels better soon. My baby's almost 15 and I still call him "my baby"...so I think you're safe.
Take care.
I never wanted my little ones to be ill. But when they were home ill, I found it to be a "relief" from life. Where all the busy things in my life were put on the back burner and I got to just BE. Just be available and there for my young one.
Today I have a little work but, might just have my feel up in between stretching as I have a sore back.
So sorry to hear you're little one is sick. I'm sure that plenty of lovin' from his momma will help.
My Tuesday looks like an iced coffee from Dunkin' - I can justify it for 50 cents.
Looks like you could use one as well.
My Tuesday involves wrestling with a washing machine and a fun trip to the park with Braxton. We do the park at least 3 times a week. So much fun.
My Tuesday is remarkably similar to yours. I am home with a sick baby, although he's really a baby (17 months). Truthfully, I'm glad I can help him and snuggle with him while he feels yucky.
So sweet! I think they are always sweet babies no matter how old they are!!
Hey Nester! I pray your sweet boy is on the mend. I have a question. Would you be willing to post on your homeschooling? I have emailed you before and we have chatted a bit about it but right now, I would love to read some thoughts on how is has blessed you. If you aren't willing to post b/c I know you may be one to plan ahead, would you email me? magliterog@yahoo.com and help me envision a day of homeschooling:)
Thanks, Nester!
M
Poor little guy. I'm pretty sure mom's reserve the right to ALWAYS call their children their "babies".
I hope he recovers quickly!
Nothing is better than this day. I'm praying for him. ~hugs
This was so beautiful. And just what I needed to read today. He is a baby. A baby forever. I just sprinkled some 'magic-stop-growing-up-dust" on my son this morning while he was getting dressed for school. How do they grow so fast? So magically fast. I will pray that your baby feels better today!
Poor kiddo.
That's how my weekend looked - replace with a 2 year old little girl. :-(
My Tuesday looks like my 1 day in the office this week. :-)
just so you know my 6 years old has been home for 2 days "sick".
xo
Well it seems that we are all in the same boat. 3 of my 4 are sick also :( Poor things. Hope your "baby" gets better! Such a cute picture :)
when they are sick they sleep alot and need their mommas love even more I know the feeling since mine have been sick as well
Oh, so sorry your son is sick! What a cute picture!
Hope he feels better soon!
XOXO
Jen
Poor little guy. It's no fun being sick, but having a little attention and snuggling is a good medicine!!
Suzanne
Poor little ole guy! I went to the doctor today and I have strep so that is what I am up too....my little bed is calling...."Sandy Toe"
I finished a little project and posted it today...would love for you to see it! :)
sandy toe
My Tuesdays are normally spent ministering to the toddlers in my church's MDO program. Today, though, I am doing what you are doing: Caring for my son who is sick. I hope your boy feels better soon!
Enjoy the "snuggles"- hope your little one feels better soon...and I think the "baby" is ALWAYS the "baby" no matter how old they are! :)
Many Blessings!
I still call my 20 and 17 year olds my babies. It's okay.
They're always our babies. :o) Praying that your little man feels better soon! I'm currently wedged in between two sleeping girls. My almost three year old proudly told me, "Watching you type makes me sleep." Great way to get a reluctant toddler out like a light. ;o) My baby doesn't even need the prompting, LOL.
I'll join in with all the ladies, Yes, they're always your babies.
Our "Little One" is now 6 ft and 5 inches but he gave me a hug on his way out the door to hang with his friends.
7 year olds are definitely still babies when they are sick. :) I try to take advantage of the quiet snuggles that don't come very often at that age. We are having a quiet day (as quiet as it gets with 3 boys...) around the house and enjoying the sunshine.
Yes, he is still your baby. My 12 year old has bigger feet and is very close to being as tall as me, but he is still my baby. My youngest will always be my baby. Hope he is feeling well soon!
When little ones are sick I call the inevitable snuggly times that come from it the silver lining in the cloud! I hope he's running at full throttle soon, but enjoy every minute of those "baby" snuggles in the meantime!
Oh, he is so precious.
My gift here in a bit is taking a quick nap in the sunshine. I LOVE the sunshine.
But ... there are so many gifts! It's hard to name just one!
Looking forward to Nester Guesting at my place next Tues! :)
Hope your little guy feels better soon. Good for you Nester, for letting it go to love on your babe. They're only babes for a moment, and those tassles & projects aren't going anywhere.
Nester, I just got your comment on my blog about Fountain Hills. You crack me up!
awww yes and then there was Tuesday.... I feel ya my 4 year old had surgery today! I just wanna fast forward ... Let pray we enjoy Weds better ...
Unfortunately, my Tuesday involves a heating pad and very strong pain pills. However, I did get to have some wonderfully lengthy conversations with my 6-year old. Just her and me talking about all things girly!
I always tell my children they will always be my babies. A mother's prerogative, right?
Hope he feels better soon!
poor sweet boy.
poor baby! I hope he feels better real soon. And yes...snuggling is ALWAYS more important than a fab tutorial.
~Amanda
Is is sad that I sometimes pray my kids sick? Life whirls by and I love those moments to snuggle and cuddle and dote and nurse my little ones again. Though my heart aches to see them well again, it also aches to have them young and still in need of a mothers touch. Thank heaven for sick days and the pause it gives us to think about the joys we have in caring for our kiddos each day.
Blog on when baby's better friend.
Lots of hunggin' and lovin' will help your little darling feel better soon!
Debbykay at Rose Cottage Gardens and Farm
Post a Comment