We have no blinds in our new house. I do have some rods and lots of fabric. My last house had 547 windows. Here, we have 9 windows. So, between the goodwill, yard sales and my own collection, I actually have enough curtain rods. I even have some leftover canvas premade drapes from two houses ago. So glad I saved them.
So, I hung my old mistreatments on each end to serve as dummy panels. Dummy because they just sit there and look pretty but don't close. That is really what they are called in the design world. Love them.
Then, I hung my old canvas drapes up in the mid sections and close them at night to keep inquiring minds out of the know.I'll show you the rest of our room next week when I give you a tour of my entire house.
Do you see something imperfectly beautiful in this post? Last time I asked that y'all gave me a big long list of imperfections so I will be wearing my extra tough skin today. But there is one imperfection that is GLARING if you enlarge a few of the photos.
Mistreatments For Privacy
Scrawled out by
The Nester
on
6/26/2008
Labels: window mistreatments
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
65 comments:
I have been for my clock to change to 12:00 and here you are!
Love these mistreatments!
Can't wait for the TOUR!!!!!!
Nicki
Oh yea, I don't see the imperfection...you are THAT good!
Nicki
Well, I see something out of your bedroom window in that second picture. I think it used to be in your formal living room?? I LOVIE the trim that you put on your blackout treatments!!!
I'm stumped! It all looks good to me!
how is anyone going to drive by and get a good look into your house if you pull the curtains. you know you do it too!
Nope, I don't see anything that looks imperfect.
I agree with Nicki... I can't wait for the tour!
By the way, I can't believe that you have FINISHED the entire house ALREADY to even give us a tour. You're amazing!
Oops! Sorry about posting twice...it's late..... :)
Is it the curtain length? Too long, it seems. I love the trim, and the colors. And what a fantastic idea to put up dummy panels! I think you just solved my master bedroom dilemma! Thanks. :-)
My best guess is that you didn't iron the curtains?
It looks fabulous to me!
Is it the panel on the right? Does seem to have the trim on it slightly off. Maybe?
My humble guess would be that the panels are not raised very high above the actual window to make the window appear larger. ;o) Well if that isn't it then I don't know!!! I think it all looks fantabulous!!! I am dying to see the tour.
Could it be that there are no tassels yet to garnish the space?!
Tee hee!
So glad you did this post. I was wondering about how you actually closed the windows of from looking in with all of those faux curtains you showed before. Now I know. Looks great. And the only thing I could come up with is the fact that the curtains are not ironed and maybe you came a few rings short? But it looks great as always, Loooove that bicoulored fringe, that is impossible to get over here.
Greetings, M
My guess is that the curtain rod is a little low and the drapes are not hanging as gracefully as they could possibly??
but it all looks really lovely...can we trade homes? lol...
~Laura Iriarte/aka lauralovesart
Oh if this is a test then I fail miserably because I can't find anything that looks like it would qualify as a GLARING imperfection! I'm sorry, I hope I'm not kicked out of the club by having failed. I think the window mistreatment looks lovely and I can't wait to get my ticket for the tour!
It looks great and I can't wait to see the house tour. The only thing I see is in one of the pics it looks like the right panel fringe is not put on the same way the left is, however it could just be the picture.
Sorry, I forgot to ask a ? How high above the window did you hang the curtains? Is your ceiling height the standard 8 foot? I am trying to decide whether or not to raise my panels but was not sure how far above and how much space needed to be between rod and ceiling. Thanks
Thanks for this inspirational blog!Love that fringe but is it not attached? Out of glue sticks? :)
Hmm, the only thing I can think of is that they panels are not ironed?
This reminds me of my son's I Spy books! :o)
I can't see anything wrong with the window treatments. I am very interested in the canvas curtains. Did you make those? I have 4 tall windows & a set of french doors that face east. You guessed it - this room is toasty in the mornings. Plus it is my school room.
Beautifully done windows as always! ~ Tricia Anne
Oh Boy! Oh Boy! I can't wait for the tour of your house.
I Can't wait for the tour. It's going to be wonderful. Janie
Love your ideas!!! I think the "issue" is that you just clipped the cute little tassels and didn't glue them to your drapes....but they look divine and I'm stealing all of your window ideas for my home!!!
Angela
If I stare really hard, the fringe looks off somehow, but I can't figure out what it is -- at first I thought you'd hung a panel backwards, but now I'm not sure.
They're not ironed and you can see the folds from storage, is that it?
And you usually hang the rod a lot higher than that?
Other than that, I've got nothing.
I'm just guessing here, because everything looks great, but is the imperfection that the trim has not actually been glued on yet? It looks like it isn't on the edge of the curtain and is just kinda hanging there. That's all I got. Thanks for another great post!
~Heather
Love these windows. If something is wrong, I'm not seeing it- remember my "Emperor Has No Clothes" design philosophy:-)
Love the fabric from your old"mistreatment"... makes me want to try a new color scheme.
I'm going to go out on a limb and say the glaring imperfection would be the tv remote on the table to the right????? I'm thinking this is your bedroom (I thought I spotted a small portion of the bed in your shot), and some designers say tv's in bedrooms are NO-NO's!!
Hugs,
Amy
p.s. We've got a tv in our room too!
I LOVE YOUR BLOG!!!
I can't find anything wrong at all. Everything looks amazing and I wish I had your talent.
Okay, I found three imperfections.... 1. There is a piece of paper, or little something on your immaculately clean floor 2. There is an amazing looking bird cage outside the window that I would SO want to have inside 3. GASP! I can see, oh my goodness, can it be, a remote control! Gasp again!
Hope that gave you a giggle. Your house is amazing and you are my new favorite blog. Come visit me some time!
Rhonda...
You do kinda like the where is waldo thing..lol
I cant find anything wrong. The curtains cant be higher or they wont be long enough to look good. The trim looks fine to me. I just dont see it. I personally think it looks good and CAN WAIT for the tour!!!!
I have soooo many imperfections that I will not even begin to look for yours. You do a great job. In this new house that we have moved into we have virtually no blinds and very large windows. I can not afford to put blinds on them right now. I have wondered what to do and you have solved my quest. Thank you, as usual.
Your house looks great and I can't wait to see the rest.
Blessings,
Trixi
I was going to say the spot on the canvas mistreatment! Then I realized it's been quite a while since I cleaned my computer screen!
I really enjoy your site. It helps to take the place of HGTV!
Glaring? What is it? Creases, is that it? Looks beautiful! But the best way to make friends in a new neighborhood is to leave the bedroom windows open at night. :)
some of you are totally onto me!
I'll post a photo of the issue after lunch!
The trim is not attached to the off-white curtains????
The remote control button?
The mistreatments not being hung high enough?
That is all I got for you Nester...you are just too darn good!!
I think they look great. If I had to guess, I'd say the trim on the right canvas panel either isn't attached or isn't exactly on the edge of the panel.
~ Sarah
Oh, I'm not going there. It all looks great to me. What are the solid curtains? Are they actual panels or fabric you purchased? I love those.
That trim looks a little free spinning to be glued down. I think you only clipped it to the top and haven't attached is to the panels yet.
Looks splendid, regardless!!!
Holding my breath for the tour... CAN'T WAIT!!!!
Thanks for sharing!
Karrie
It looks perfect to me, I can't see anything. So excited for the tour of your house!
Girlfriend, it looks great. Maybe we just love you so much that we just can't see the imperfections!! It looks lovely as always.
Can't wait to see the tour!!!
Tasha
Whatever it is, it's glaringly beautiful to me. How do you get all of this done so fast? I haven't not had a baby in my home for 16 years, maybe I need to quit having kids so I can decorate more ha ha.
I can't see the imperfection. I just have a question. My husband is going to start working at night so we need blackout curtains so he can sleep during the day. Where did you get your canvas? What kind did you get? I'm trying to figure out what to do in our room. I order some blackout panels that will sort of coordinate (I remembered your not matchine post). I am not a designer at all, just a sort of computer weenie type who needs HELP!
Margaret
I love what you've done! I'm now addicted to your blog. Thanks.I see two things, but neither of which make it look bad. So I'm guessing that canvas is a little shorter than the dummy panels? Or is it that the clips and rod don't match?
They look great! Especially love the mini tassels. Love you tassels so much and felt that I needed one that I made one of my own. It's on my blog today.
I'm going to say it's the postion of the curtain rod.
Blanca
It has to be the TV remote on the table next to the bed. That is what jumped out at me. And that you don't have any photos on the table. The mistreatments look great.
I'm SO excited! Me... jumping up and down! Between seeing a pair of goreous red shoes on another blog and your window solution; I've got great inspiration for tonight! :)
I'm embaressedly stumped - especially if it's glaring. After reading some of the other comments though (cheating of course) my guess might be that your rods are hanging at the top of your window instead of higher.........
I was goig to say the remote, but obviously I am a little late.
Your home is gorgeous!
My guess is the tassel trim.
Thank you for the wonderful idea! I have beautiful fabric that I got at a garage sale, but it is only enough to do two panels, and I need four! I could so do this! It would look amazing!
the pompom trim isn't attached, just hanging from the clip, but i had to look really closely to see that. Great style!
Hi Nester! I just posted on a window mistreatment I did. Stop by and take a look. Thanks for the inspiration.
~Heather
I see a TV remote. :) The treatments look nice. I CANNOT WAIT for the house tour.
I don't see it. Looks great to me!
It wouldn't be fair for me to say since you pointed it out to me IN PERSON (sorry... still in disbelief ;0)
xo ~K
I see pin holes in the canvas, did you sew or take them apart? I know sew is tottally and anti mis treatment! LOL
Nester they look great!
I can NOT wiat for the house tour! Here I am on the edge of my seat!
Amy
No clue. I wish I was witty enough to pin it down. I do agree with another person's comments about the fabric not being ironed, but I thought with mistreatments that wasn't a necessity???? Looks great....
I love it! We are about to move, and I can use this idea.. also I'm sending my SIL to check it out.
The only imperfection I can think is that... I'M NOT THERE to take myself on a tour of your house!!!! (ha ha) I'll buy you a Sonic Cherry Limeade if you let come over.... :)Sigh. I'll settle for drinking one by myself while I look through your soon-to-be-posted-tour! I love your blog!
Karise
Is that the Pier 1 birdcage in the bottom picture? They have one for $80 right now and I have nowhere to put it but if they mark that sucker down to about $20, I'm taking it home. Love your blog!
All I can think is that you would like to have hung the rods higher, closer to the ceiling, but your mistreatments weren't long enough! I can see how that would be frustrating. Everything else looks perfect to me-- I can't wait to see more pictures! Thanks for all the inspiration. :)
I agree with Mollie, above.
I cannot wait for the home tour. SO excited!
Looks beautiful! Can't wait for the whole tour! Found you via Mrs. Jones -- so glad I did!
I love the treatments that you do. I am a fairly new blogger and I am going to try to make mistreatments this weekend for my office. I love your work and love to visit your site. I just posted on mine my very easy kitchen window treatment I did several months ago, I am not nearly up to your standard but if you have a second check it out.
I was looking through your mistreatments for ideas for our new house being completed in November and these are gorgeous, Miss Nester! Privacy will be truly valued and I'd never heard about dummy drapes before (who's the dummy now? LOL). Great look!
Post a Comment