Price My Space Party 2


We just cannot get enough of prices can we?


1. I got that urn about 6 years ago at Target for $39. The sticks are from Hobby Lobby and my aunt gave them to me after I used them in her son's wedding. Score! The white table was a $5 Goodwill find.


2. The 4 shutters are from Value Village, another local thrift store. Yes, they are working plantation shutters. I painted them the same color as the armiore, Sherwin Williams Halcyon Green 6213--it's the same can of paint that was color matched in BEHR with primer. The color looks much richer/darker/greener and greyer in this room and on these shutters. Remember, colors read differently in every room.

I hung an iron plate hanger with a nail in the space between the shutters. I think it was from Old Time Pottery and an oval white platter that came with a set. Total for all of it was about $7.


The light, which I don't have a close up of, was hanging in my sister's bathroom when they bought their house. The people before them had done up the house in entirely too much Chinese stuff so they had to remove all sorts of stuff. This bamboo style fixture was one of them and I snatched it up, cleaned it up, let it sit on the floor of our last house for a year, and now my husband hung it here. FREE.


4. The sofa is a fake slipcover find from Value City Furniture from 5 years ago. It was a good buy at $499. We don't sit on it much but it's quite versatile, could go in our bedroom or the playroom if needed but I love it in our little dining room turned sitting room.


The pillows were all 30 Minute Makeovers from old pillows I had.



5. The coffee table, seen here in the old house, I miss that room. The table is from World Market for about $200. My boys have played every game imaginable on it.


And on top I used an outdoor iron topiary form just for looks. $20 I remember not where I found it.

Now it's your turn! Finally...




28 comments:

Unknown said...

Beatiful space! I saw a piece similar to the metal topiary at Goodwill the other day and had no idea what to do with it -- spray paint! Spray paint is my bestest friend, how did I NOT think of that?

Thanks for hosting, always a fun party at your place.

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

What a cool room! I love that topiary. Your shutters are beautiful too. That's a great coffee table too. :) You do such a good job of making a room look beautiful, but comfortable at the same time. I don't think I would be too scared to just relax a little in that room. :)

Thanks for hosting. Looking forward to being nosy and looking at everyone else's rooms. ;)

Jenny @ Words on Wendhurst said...

I love that hanging chinese lantern. So unique looking. :-) Nice job on the room!

Mrs. Preston said...

Hi Nester,

Thanks so much for taking the time to inspire us all with your beautiful gift of making home comfy and simply beautiful!

I hope it's okay that I put you on my blog list. You are welcome to stop by anytime! ;) www.happythehomewhengodisthere.blogspot.com

I hope you stay cool and your day is fully blessed! I am very thankfu for your site, I need all the help I can get...im trying! ;)

Blessings!

Janell @ House of Fifty said...

The Bamboo Light Fixture...just devine! I was waiting to hear about its story, how lucky are you to receive it from your sister! It adds the perfect touch of whimsy to the space.
Thanks for hosting another party!
Janell

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Love your pillows! They caught my eye first thing, especially the blue ones with the gold fringe - very pretty. I have, in the past, recovered many pillows myself for a fresh look and it's a little bit of time for a new look. I'll have to see what I can dig up to join in.

Hattie said...

I'm glad you saved that light, because it adds the perfect touch to your room! What a pretty and relaxing space!

Britt said...

I am so jealous of that faux bamboo light fixture! I saw one a lot like that at an estate sale last weekend and drooled all over it only to find out it wasn't for sale. :( What a great find - and for free! The whole room looks beautiful!

Anonymous said...

I have been really enjoying your 'Price my Space parties". One thing that I noticed was how many rooms had barn stars as part of the decor. I had never really been aware of them, being Canadian. I guess they are very popular in the US. I hadn't really noticed them in any stores here, but I will be looking for them now. I would love to have one! Your could have a "Show us your barn star party"!

I'm so inspired by all the lovely rooms!

susan said...

I just found this "party" and love it! You are good at stretching a budget and making it count! Now, what about the dish cupboard?? I am looking for one!

Pam @ bibbidi-bobbidi-beautiful said...

I LOOOOVE the light fixture!! I want it!! I've noticed it in some of your old pics and loved it. I think it adds just the right amount asian flair to the room. Thanks for hosting!

Anonymous said...

Oh, yeah! There's no question, if you have GOOD taste, and a little talent, you can decorate on a shoestring. For sure.
Thanks, Nester!

mary

Nicole A. said...

Beautiful! I am so in love with those shutters! I seen one of those iron topiary forms at Jcpenney yesterday almost exactly like yours, now I wish I would have gotten it! Love your room!

Dana and Daisy said...

it is beautiful!

Britt said...

I hope you don't mind that I added 2 links. I love this blog party and I had 2 rooms to share!

Leanne said...

Love your shutters, little white table, hanging light. Okay, I love your whole room. It looks so comfortable and inviting.

Mrs. (not) the Jet Set said...

Your house all flows so well! I love how the colors and style all fit nicely.

One day our major home renovations will be done and we can focus on those "flowing" finishing touches.

Richella Parham said...

Gee, I wish I had the energy to price one of my spaces. But I can barely keep my eyes open. We took our oldest to college yesterday. Oh, gosh. When my eyes are open, they're full of tears.

Anyway, I'll just enjoy this party without participating. But throw more, would you?

XOXO
Richella

P.S. Your room photographs beautifully. But it looks even better in real life. Very wise use of your space.

Unknown said...

I'm planning on heading over to my local Goodwill this week.

Tracey said...

I never tire of seeing your home, please don't ever stop showing it to me!

Chrissy...The Apothecary Shop said...

Hi...my what a great idea for a post, love your room and how you have done it!! Your blog is so lovely...thanks,all the best,Chrissy

Mrs. (not) the Jet Set said...

Thanks for hosting the party again! I was hoping you would do it again. It's a lot of fun. Not only do I like to see how much people spend but also where they shop.

Hillary @ The Other Mama said...

I am always amazed at how you put it all together, Nester! I can buy cheap stuff all day long (and do), but You have such a great eye for it!
LOVE IT!

jaime @ a place out west said...

I love that light fixture! Great find! Thanks for all of the inspiration, as always. :)

Suzanne said...

I love it! But wait, PLEASE tell us about the rug! Where is it from?

The Nester said...

Oh yeah, the rug is from Target--two years ago $99 for a 5 x 7.

Love it.

Melissa Miller said...

Everything is so beautiful!

I adore how you hung up the white platter. I have to try that idea.

~Blessings my friend, ~Melissa ;)

Eileen@Star's Fault said...

Such a pretty, pretty room, no wonder you miss it! I love bargain hunting and have a lovely home with similar "heritage", clearance sales, make-dos, lovely things cast off from others. Home decorating is far more fun this way!

Blessings ~ Eileen @ Star's Fault